• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

I don't get to merge these right? No way to bring the pulls together. Just went another 5 3 star pulls. Whats the odds for a 5 star character?
Honestly you shouldn't be re-rolling now and you should wait until Friday, but that's up to you.

Keep going, this will be tedious but worth it. They don't explain the rates, but a base 5* is pretty much less than 1%.

Now THAT'S a great start!

Luneth - Top Tier P.DPS
Bartz - Solid P.DPS + Support
Kefka - Solid Mage, eventually gets 6* Upgrade.
Rosa - Solid Healer, lacks Party Buff of top healers.
Krile - Backup Healer w/ inate Dualcast + Curaja.

Edit: We got trolled. Not cool, man. >_<

Kouriozan

When I played the JP version 4 months ago, beginners got 5k lapis after the first forced friend point summon.
I wonder when Global will get that.

PeaceUK

At the start of this FF13 event decided to throw a few tickets on pulls, and on my 3rd....

hqdefault.jpg

!!!! My second 5 star base after getting DKCecil in his launch event.

Of course the game then decided to mess with me by giving me another rainbow crystal straight after with......Mustadio, but I wasn't even mad.

Alkez

I've been Christmas shopping all afternoon. For the few people who live in the UK, or for anyone that has been to London, Oxford Street is the worst lol. Anyways, BE.

I want second Chorizo and two Mercedes Benz.
In 6 months (or so) F1 will get really nice enchantments.

Lolz

Yep Mercedes is great, and if you manage to get Tidus afterward she'll be even better!

Yeah those two have great synergy. Mercedes can use her crushing blow till Tidus get's his LB.

Well, according to Reddit Mercedes is trash unit. Only rated 87 on Altema... Seriously? For an F2P player, I think she's pretty great.

That's unfortunate that people are going to be mislead by that. You're definitely right, for free to play she's pretty good.

Look who Plat-ed FF XV!

Congrats dude. I used be a trophy hunter back in the day so I understand the amount of effort that goes into that.

Sorry guys. It was another 5 3 stars. Had to inject some excitement into the topic.

So much lolz. And welcome friend.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. Been a while since a numbered post, so

2. Still don't have my damn lapis. Yes I did email them both in game and via email today. Please pray to Cloud of Darkness for me today that I get this fixed soon.

3. I am so close to saying fuckit on this event. I got the Gigantaurs and the 30K trust moogle. I don't think I need the SQs (I have both earrings, right?) and I'm not bothering with the 6* materia anyway since it's available in some form or another on every event.

4. With DualWield now at 80.9% (thank you 30K moogle and daily moogle!!), I want to just force the issue and get this thing done.

5. If/when I do get my lapis ($50 + $20 = 11,700?), what's the best plan? I'm never gonna whale on a banner. I figure I just buy some extra slots, maybe one 11 pull on the Noctis banner, then save the rest for dailies. Thoughts?

eggydoo

When I was re-rolling, I wish those top tier units were available. Best DPS unit at the time was Chizuru.

The guides I read mostly just said reroll for a 5 star. I got 5star Zidane on my first try so I never re-rolled for others. Figured I was good.

Then when I got more serious with playing, I just realized Zidane is only good for his TM -_-

Xion86

Yes please do this because there's a 9(!)GB day one patch you need to download as well... The save file takes up a decent amount of space too, I ended up removing some stuff off my PS4's HDD to install FFXV ha

Looks like you're playing at the same pace as me! Did you do pretty much every quest possible before leaving Chapter 3? I hit level 50 just before leaving it last night. I did the same thing as you too haha Except I only hoarded around 70k before sleeping there and right after I noticed Wiz Chocobo has a meal that gives a 50%? or maybe an extra 1.5% xp buff, doh! I went from level 30 to 42 or 43 when I did that hotel at Golden Quay. There's a hotel we can't get to yet that has 3x xp bonus :O

Anyway, go ahead and continue. The only update coming anytime soon will make you a little more powerful for Chapter 13 but your attack power isn't the problem people have with it anyway, they complain it's too long a chapter and something about the game play mechanic for that chapter is tedious but I didn't want to spoil myself so not sure what and some people liked the chapter anyway. The cut scenes they are adding aren't coming for months. So I'd say just beat it and then down the road you can do a New Game Plus (being added to the game) when the extra cut scenes hit or youtube them ;p

Yes I did pretty much every quest I could and a few hunts until they got too high level. I have the official guide and was using it for side quests, most of them I'd hardly know about if it wasn't for that! Some are in the middle of nowhere. I posted a link to the tweets with my screenshots above :D. Ah that's great to hear, I'll just continue and finish the game at my own pace then.

So I'm finally back on the story whilst getting the rewards, going to do as much as I can before the Maze hits.

Did 3 pulls because reasons.

Tickets:
Blue > Gold > Hype intensifies > Artemois
Blue > Gold > we just did this dance! > Alma

Daily:
Fang

Back to stacking for the Thunder God.

I need to finish the last bit of the story myself and get that Attack 10% and Carbuncle. I've just been trying to TM farm like crazy. FFXV taking up all my gaming time though so pretty much just grabbing the daily reward, sending gifts to you guys, and making sure the TM script is running ha Sounded like Carbuncle is supposed to be the best for healers? Which means I'd be kicking Shiva to the curb with Siren I guess. A new dilemma develops with espers for me. I never finished maxing out my lvl 2 espers so want to do that but probably would be better to just get Carbuncle to 2* right away and then Odin is next I think? Which would be a priority...damn. Need to farm magicites at some point.

My Noctis is a consummate professional in his pre-order suit that boosts his HP and MP higher than any of the default gear. Although it really annoys me that I can't clean the dirt off of it. Screw realism! Prince needs to look fresh!

Malakhov

Banned
Weird, very weird. I'm out of the loop. I'm too old school for this :(

But FF X 2 is from 2003....holy crap FF X2 is over 10 yers old O.O

Btw, is the Charlotte event perma? I didn't do any Story after the Windshrine.
Talking about FFXV but yeah I havent played these X games either.

FF kind of died after FFIX for me. The pure jap rpg to end them all, greatness really. This is why I love exvius, memories from the good old days.

FF X-2 is somewhat of a mixed bag. On one hand, the battle system and game play was awesome. It was incredibly fast paced with a solid job system. On the other hand, it's the only game I've played in my life that with absolutely no one else in the house I still felt ashamed and embarrassed while playing it. The J-Pop is ridiculous and good god was it overly girl-y. I understand it's three girls rocking out but it was too high a dose of cringe worthy scenes. Still, a lot of fun to play and it was neat being back in the X world and running into familiar NPCs. Pain was solid and I liked seeing the assertive side to Yuna they just needed to tone down the jpop.

tariniel

I'm seriously feeling fatigue on the arena right now. Ever time I see I have 4 orbs I dread having to use them in the next hour. I'm around 10k points and just about every person > 1.0 ratio has at least 2 or 3 5* base units and it's entirely RNG whether I win or not. I fought some guy with 4x Gilgamesh earlier.

Feels bad to ignore doing them because the stat boost pots and lapis are great. Maybe I'll just do the daily 5 for lapis and take a breather. I may also just be feeling general burnout because half the time if I see my NRG is getting high I'll just TM farm instead of doing event runs or collecting all the quest lapis. I still have more than half of the quest lapis I haven't even tried to get.

Also man X-2, I tried to replay it along with FFX when they released on Steam. I made it through FFX and loved it just as much as I remember from when it first released, but FFX-2 was just repulsive to me. I liked it a lot when it released, for years I told people it had the best battle system in Final Fantasy, but I didn't like it at all trying to replay it now; dropped it after 2 or 3 hours.

CCIE

Banned
Is Anustart still rerolling? My phone died doing switch control, and just now came back online. Been doing TM farming on the Mac instead while it charged from zero. Might not get but two or three refills in today.

My computer macro is definitely slower

Xion86

Another friend of mine from work just started :) told him about re rolling so he's doing so now. He's on GAF too so may pop in, I'm sure we can help him out!

Anustart

Is Anustart still rerolling? My phone died doing switch control, and just now came back online. Been doing TM farming on the Mac instead while it charged from zero. Might not get but two or three refills in today.

My computer macro is definitely slower

Still at it. Not as constant as before. No 5 stars yet!

Alkez

How long is maintenance tomorrow? I'm planning to see the new star wars movie around midday GMT. I'm wondering if I should go later so I can set up tm farming before the picture, or go earlier so I make it back when maintenance finishes.

CCIE

Banned
In about a week or so my Lightning will reach Dolphin status to help out some new people. Just want to finish current set so I can start on another... think I'm addicted to TM farming, since I can just let it run in the background while working. It's nice to think I might have a good team in the next month or so... even with only Light as my only base 5*.

Should have started farming TMR long ago

Valentus

How long is maintenance tomorrow? I'm planning to see the new star wars movie around midday GMT. I'm wondering if I should go later so I can set up tm farming before the picture, or go earlier so I make it back when maintenance finishes.

4+20 hours

Lyrian

You might want to wait until Friday for the next banner to start playing - reroll. Could probably start with a good tank (Charlotte), a good physical attacker (Chizuru or Mercedes), and a 5* base in Noctis

If I were just starting out, I would wait until Friday unless you love Lightning. A banner has a rate-up on the characters listed

Told the GF to avoid mass pulling until Friday for her account, as there are some potentially nice units there. She'll keep whatever she rolls, as I pulled her a Cecil on today's half-price.

If some gaffers would be nice to lend her a hand, her number is: 027 656 545

(Yes, she has Rain up as the lead, as I told her not to mess with anything until pulling on Friday).

Gullwings >>>>> All the turks together.

Come at me, i will fight you all.

Can't argue with you there, either. Going to groan when Paine is released as an inevitable 3-5* card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom