• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stider

So will Chizuru be better than CoD? Have a few CoD maxed and 1 Chiz done so far. I have Lockes(4) and Miyukis (8) to grind for weapons. Wondering whose weapons I should focus on first.

Syntsui

So will Chizuru be better than CoD? Have a few CoD maxed and 1 Chiz done so far. I have Lockes(4) and Miyukis (8) to grind for weapons. Wondering whose weapons I should focus on first.
You are comparing apple with and orange, they don't have the same purpose at all.

CoD will still be the most versatile unit in the game with her skills. Chorizo just hits hard and that's it.

Rixa

Depends the rest of the party. Iam missing Dual Wield / Doublehand for Chiz so CoD offers better utility to my party if needed.

I decided that I wont Awaken my 5* maxed Chiz at this point (I have 2 CoDs maxed). But this really depends what party members you have + the eqs you can give to Chiz.

Syntsui

Sasuke will be a permanent pullable unit, right?

His warp with dual wield makes him invincible, that will be very useful in trials.

Kouriozan

Wait I thought Charlotte loved Rain but doing her quest
she loves Lasswell after all?
Sasuke will be a permanent pullable unit, right?

Yep, it's a Tidus or Lightning like situation, he is the only one from his game until a FF XV banner drop someday.

Malakhov

Banned
Wait I thought Charlotte loved Rain but doing her quest
she loves Lasswell after all?

Yep, it's a Tidus or Lightning like situation, he is the only one from his game until a FF XV banner drop someday.

Rain with Fina and Laswell with Charlotte. I thought it was obvious about Rain and fina?

Well... the Charlotte shield thing was.... underwhelming.

27 NRG... no mission lapis... no boss... just.... running around, reading a bunch of text, and getting a shield. Okay.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Good Day

15ypue.jpg
2bzoqx.jpg

Honestly, my luck seems to always come when I least expect it. When I intentionally try to go after something specific, it never works out for me (rarely). Since I'm pulling purely for Noctis, I don't have much belief I'll get him. But it won't be for lack of trying. I'll still bank around 4k Lapis that I'll hold over for dailies/expanding slots, etc.

But thanks for the words of encouragement!
Yeah you are right - its always best to expect nothing and just be happy if it works out. But as said...you are due for some Gacha luck in this game and that Banner looks really sweet.
Well well. Daily was nice surprise :D

My 2nd Chorizo, both outside of her banner.

Hah nice congrats - guess you will get your 3rd during the Noctis Banner....could be worse xD
Well... the Charlotte shield thing was.... underwhelming.

27 NRG... no mission lapis... no boss... just.... running around, reading a bunch of text, and getting a shield. Okay.
wut ?
Patriot is amazing, especially thanks to Cleansing Light. 27RNG are a bit more than 2 hours, talk about high expectations lol.

wut ?
Patriot is amazing, especially thanks to Cleansing Light. 27RNG are a bit more than 2 hours, talk about high expectations lol.

Oh, I'm not saying that the shield isn't worth 27 NRG! It most definitely is. Great gear. I meant the actual "mission". Calling it a "fetch quest" is demeaning to actual fetch quests. I honestly don't know why they had you bounce around between areas other than as an excuse to burn NRG.

That's what I meant.

Rixa

Good Day

Hah nice congrats - guess you will get your 3rd during the Noctis Banner....could be worse xD

Yup. Its ok if I get more than one, Iam ok if I dont get any :). Happy to get her off banner, that TM is so über.

Now Iam considering to actually do 2 Sakurafubuki's instead combining 2 Miyuki's. First M is already almost 50% so when I get 2 Agrias done to one StQ I check what I have pulled and toss units to replace those 2 Agrias (Other units in TM train 2 Miyukis & 1 Hayate). 1 Chiz is kinda obvious, one place reserved to something.

That never ending TM train *choo choo choo*.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Oh, I'm not saying that the shield isn't worth 27 NRG! It most definitely is. Great gear. I meant the actual "mission". Calling it a "fetch quest" is demeaning to actual fetch quests. I honestly don't know why they had you bounce around between areas other than as an excuse to burn NRG.

That's what I meant.

Hmm...i dont know i found it pretty neat - do you use Charlotte as a unit ? Pretty cool little event, maybe its less interesting for people who never used her and have Cecil - dont know...

Outside of Townshopping you always have to use some Stamina to get any type of rewards/gear in the game, so having to visit like 2-3 Exploration maps to get the Shield isnt a big deal to me.
Yup. Its ok if I get more than one, Iam ok if I dont get any :). Happy to get her off banner, that TM is so über.

Now Iam considering to actually do 2 Sakurafubuki's instead combining 2 Miyuki's. First M is already almost 50% so when I get 2 Agrias done to one StQ I check what I have pulled and toss units to replace those 2 Agrias (Other units in TM train 2 Miyukis & 1 Hayate). 1 Chiz is kinda obvious, one place reserved to something.

That never ending TM train *choo choo choo*.

Thats what i am doing - working on my second Miyuki whenever i get back to TM farming. Blade Mastery + Sakura combo is too important for a bunch of dps unit so i wouldnt "waste" Miyuki...she is only a 3* but who knows when you will pull her again.

H3xum

Well, sounds like I might do my first ever 10+1 pull (F2P since beta)

I would like another Blade Mastery and definitely wouldn't mind if the young prince was my first 5* base.

Rixa

Thats what i am doing - working on my second Miyuki whenever i get back to TM farming. Blade Mastery + Sakura combo is too important for a bunch of dps unit so i wouldnt "waste" Miyuki...she is only a 3* but who knows when you will pull her again.

Yeah, getting 2nd Chiz changed my mind. I still have one Miyuki collecting dust but hey I can always bake more Sakuras.

So yup going for 100% and getting 2 Sakurafubuki's and later 1 more or so.

leehom

Wtf....woman in front of the tool shop disappeared in my game. How do I progress in the story if she's not there?

Where is she???

creid

I came to the realization that the trust moogles I've been saving for Dual Wield could get me Doublehand *right now*. IIRC Valentus posted a build a few days ago where Chizuru was better off with Doublehand over Dual Wield, but I tried a couple builds in the calculator and couldn't replicate it. Guess I'm stuck waiting until 12/31 for that last trust moogle after all.

And hell, with the units I have now, I should someday be able to do this:
Chizuru 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Sakurafubuki +98ATK
Left Hand: Sakurafubuki +98ATK
Head: Dark Helm +14ATK+20DEF
Body: Brigandine +41DEF
Accessory 1: Hero's Ring +3DEF+3SPR+10%ATK+10%MAG
Accessory 2: Hyper Wrist +10ATK
Ability 1: Blade Mastery +50% ATK Katana
Ability 2: ATK +10% +10% ATK
Ability 3: ATK +10% +10% ATK
Ability 4: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5320 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 3341 MP: 155 ATK: 619 DEF: 252 MAG: 164 SPR: 156

Rixa

I came to the realization that the trust moogles I've been saving for Dual Wield could get me Doublehand *right now*.

One needs to remember that Dual Wield allows unit to hit twice. Thus skills / abilities you do when Dual Wield is equipped will be done twice compared to single weapon wielding unit (DH).

Iam not exactly sure how ATK goes higher.
Ie. Do you need to have ATK value of 200 in Doublehand if Dual Wield value of ATK is 100.
Or is DH value of 150 enough to make it equal to DW.

Ofc this with higher ATK numbers like. How much better is:

DW ATK value of 700
Than
DH ATK value of 900

Where the line goes, how big difference there needs to be that DH ATK value is better than same unit with DW ATK.

Then one needs to remember other benefits of DW gives (like 2 different weapons other has poison other has sleep). I don't know. I have 6 Bartz and DH is not first in line to be grinded. I could give 3 Doublehands to my 3 Firions for example.

bonkeng

I came to the realization that the trust moogles I've been saving for Dual Wield could get me Doublehand *right now*. IIRC Valentus posted a build a few days ago where Chizuru was better off with Doublehand over Dual Wield, but I tried a couple builds in the calculator and couldn't replicate it. Guess I'm stuck waiting until 12/31 for that last trust moogle after all.

Chizuru 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator

It really depends on what weapons you have.

But since Chizuru have a very limited weapon selection, DH is also good on her.

Just take note that DH really can't compare with DW, no matter how or what.

Btw, are you macro TM farming?

One needs to remember that Dual Wield allows unit to hit twice. Thus skills / abilities you do when Dual Wield is equipped will be done twice compared to single weapon wielding unit (DH).

Iam not exactly sure how ATK goes higher.
Ie. Do you need to have ATK value of 200 in Doublehand if Dual Wield value of ATK is 100.
Or is DH value of 150 enough to make it equal to DW.

Ofc this with higher ATK numbers like. How much better is:

DW ATK value of 700
Than
DH ATK value of 900

Where the line goes, how big difference there needs to be that DH ATK value is better than same unit with DW ATK.

Then one needs to remember other benefits of DW gives (like 2 different weapons other has poison other has sleep). I don't know. I have 6 Bartz and DH is not first in line to be grinded. I could give 3 Doublehands to my 3 Firions for example.

I've read some time ago that the only time DH can at least equal DW's damage is when it's reaching 800+ atk. Since damage are calculated exponentially, the higher atk a DH unit goes (800+), it gains much higher damage than DW does.

Syntsui

Chizuru 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Doublehand is worse than Dual Wield by any possible metric, unless you use with Garland.

creid

Thanks for talking me off the ledge, GAF.
I did forget about this, thanks.
It really depends on what weapons you have.

But since Chizuru have a very limited weapon selection, DH is also good on her.

Just take note that DH really can't compare with DW, no matter how or what.

Btw, are you macro TM farming?
Yeah, I'm farming. Working on dualcast, Excalibur, and Sakurafubuki. I guess I'd better put Excal on hold for now though, there's no one that really needs it until I get a replacement for Chizuru. Light never showed up ;.; I've got 95% worth of Trust Moogles, and Zidane at 0%, so I'm just going to feed them all when I get the last 5% one at the end of the month.

Doublehand is worse than Dual Wield by any possible metric, unless you use with Garland.
What's different about Garland?

creid

I had 2 Cecils on my TM team to get a quick Excal, I'm going to switch to work on a 2nd Sakurafubuki, and a Blade Mastery.

Rixa

Double hand is the best that I got. I've been playing since August and have still not encountered a single Zidane.

Oh but hey you aint the only one. I have been playing from mid May (7 months already huh), made about 500 gacha pulls (lost in count) haven't got single Zidane sofar.

So the second week of The Hanging Edge has made the event not terrible, so do we know what happened the first week? The 2nd week brought the drop rate increase along with Lightning.

Did they ever say why the drop rate was increased? I mean....if this is how the events are going to go, fuck the first week all together. I have almost everything and it's mostly just from the 2nd week. First week got me maybe the gigantaurs.

Razmos

So the second week of The Hanging Edge has made the event not terrible, so do we know what happened the first week? The 2nd week brought the drop rate increase along with Lightning.

Did they ever say why the drop rate was increased? I mean....if this is how the events are going to go, fuck the first week all together. I have almost everything and it's mostly just from the 2nd week. First week got me maybe the gigantaurs.
The hanging edge was one of the very first events in Japan, so it was probably quite awful due to that, just like how our mog cake event was a pile of shit because it was the first one

bonkeng

To be honest, I've been doing this since BF banner. Skipped it the first week and just farm TM.

Farmed it on the 2nd week when Maxwell was available, only needed 3 days to get everything. Skipped 70k Mag +15.

I did exactly the same thing with this event. 3 days farmed everything on the 2nd week. Skipped 70k Moogle.

Valonquar

Oh but hey you aint the only one. I have been playing from mid May (7 months already huh), made about 500 gacha pulls (lost in count) haven't got single Zidane sofar.

on the flipside, I've gotten enough Zidanes to TM grind one, and then merge all the other ones into a 2nd Zidane already at 80% TM... yet zero Miyuki's.

I feel like the game assigns you a Section ID like PSO used to. Like different people have different droprates for each unit.

Valentus

Chizuru 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator

If you gonna use doublehanded, then you must go all ham for static ATK bonuses. Hero ring dont work good here. you must use bracer

Chizuru 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Black Belt Gi +8ATK+24DEF
Accessory 1: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Accessory 2: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Ability 1: Doublehand +50% Equipment ATK
Ability 2: Blade Mastery +50% ATK Katana
Ability 3: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Ability 4: Lunge Combo +10%MP+20%ATK+20%DEF
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 4836 MP: 239 ATK: 802 DEF: 299 MAG: 226 SPR: 211

This build falls short of 50 ATK of chizuru's dual weild build, but the advantage is that all her hits are full 802 ATK force, while dual weild splits the ATK in the 2 hands

ExVicis

Wtf....woman in front of the tool shop disappeared in my game. How do I progress in the story if she's not there?

Where is she???

I can't find her either in my game. Is it possible maybe I haven't done all the story yet somehow? Does getting Carbuncle count as Story?

linkent

Guys if you dont want to waste energy for charlotte quest, the 4 additional quests should be counted as explorations.
So just do it across 2 days for the dailies.

Also, colloseum 3x daily now award 5 lapis.

God like animations, holy shit!

The fluidness on that win pose

Hnghhh the counter is literally Holy with MP Regen.

25% chance to dodge. Hnghhh hnghhhhg

Who ever animated him did an EXCELLENT job, my god man!

This.

Not too broken I guess.

He's a bit similar to an enhanced Firion.

1. Multiple weapon mastery

2. ST 460% Damage

He does have higher base stats though.

His Elemental Attacks are Hybrid Damage, should be around the same damage with Lightning's Blitz.

But his LB, damn that's too good.

Tied with Elza's Madness Rush.

I just finished Elza Death Scythe, if I replace her I will feel like shit! The feels man, the feels!

Where is she???

I can't find her either in my game. Is it possible maybe I haven't done all the story yet somehow? Does getting Carbuncle count as Story?

Out of curiosity, where are you in the game overall storyline? I ask because the first time I entered the city, I realized I never finished up the Arsha/Elle story because I didn't go into the first screen to the left. There is a rather long cutscene there that ties things up and ends with a "to be continued". Then I had to leave the city and come back for the Charlotte story to kick in.

Don't know if that's the same thing happening for you, but that's what I experienced.

creid

If you gonna use doublehanded, then you must go all ham for static ATK bonuses. Hero ring dont work good here. you must use bracer

Chizuru 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Black Belt Gi +8ATK+24DEF
Accessory 1: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Accessory 2: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Ability 1: Doublehand +50% Equipment ATK
Ability 2: Blade Mastery +50% ATK Katana
Ability 3: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Ability 4: Lunge Combo +10%MP+20%ATK+20%DEF
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 4836 MP: 239 ATK: 802 DEF: 299 MAG: 226 SPR: 211

This build falls short of 50 ATK of chizuru's dual weild build, but the advantage is that all her hits are full 802 ATK force, while dual weild splits the ATK in the 2 hands
Interesting, thanks. I'll keep this in the back of my head, I can't get Power of Creation or Lunge Combo but I can get a Bracer and a Champion's Belt (which I think is also +30ATK?)

Yup

gonna burn 8 tix and do maybe a couple 11 pulls to see If I can snag Noctis

At the very least... with the blue changes I should get some good TM fodder either way

To be honest, I've been doing this since BF banner. Skipped it the first week and just farm TM.

Farmed it on the 2nd week when Maxwell was available, only needed 3 days to get everything. Skipped 70k Mag +15.

I did exactly the same thing with this event. 3 days farmed everything on the 2nd week. Skipped 70k Moogle.

That might be what I do now depending on how the events go. Deliberately gimping the rate in the first week is super sketchy.

Syntsui

I'm really inclined to get Sasuke, might have to spend a few bucks if necessary. If his warp heals two times with dual wield, he will be the best character in the game.

I think my general plan is to use up my tickets (only 4) and daily tomorrow morning. If I land Noctis, I'm all done. I very, very much doubt that will happen, so I will instead focus on getting my Chiz leveled up with the Maze.

If there are Xmas bundles, I might actually drop my first "real" purchase into the game. Not a whale level purchase, but enough that I could do a couple 11 pulls. While I have seen and have actually pulled one of those nightmare inducing 11 pulls, I would hope that at the very least I should get a couple more Chiz's to help speed along my TM farming.

If the bundles are underwhelming, I think I'll just keep doing the maze and dailies and see if my luck from the XIII banner continues with a random daily.

leehom

Out of curiosity, where are you in the game overall storyline? I ask because the first time I entered the city, I realized I never finished up the Arsha/Elle story because I didn't go into the first screen to the left. There is a rather long cutscene there that ties things up and ends with a "to be continued". Then I had to leave the city and come back for the Charlotte story to kick in.

Don't know if that's the same thing happening for you, but that's what I experienced.

The part where they tell her Elle is dead and she runs off right?

The part where they tell her blah blah blah?

(Spoiler tag that maybe?)

There is a follow up cutscene. Follow her into the screen to the left. You will watch a long scene with Rain and then a check-in with the bad guys before getting the "to be continued" screen. Literally. The screen will go black and you will get the words "to be continued" flashed on your screen. If you haven't seen that, then that's why you can't do the Charlotte bit yet. At least, that was true for me.

creid

Since this morning's update, Exvius hasn't crashed in Nox (knock on wood). Hope they made some improvements, I had like 5-6 crashes last night in 2 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom