• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

I'm glad maintenance finished on time. Meant I was able to set up my TM farming right before I went to watch Rogue One (which was meh). When I got back I read the notification that we can upgrade Chizuru today. So I did so and found a nice surprise.

P201odkl.png

Blade Mastery get! Perfect timing.

So with my TM farming humming along, I'll soon have some pretty good ATK upgrades for my DPS units.

Is it better to spread that around, or is it better to have one SUPER UBER unit. So, for example, should I throw all the TMs on Lightning to get her into that really great ATK range (upper 600's), or should I split them between her and Chiz to have two, lower attack but still very good units?

Syntsui

So with my TM farming humming along, I'll soon have some pretty good ATK upgrades for my DPS units.

Is it better to spread that around, or is it better to have one SUPER UBER unit. So, for example, should I throw all the TMs on Lightning to get her into that really great ATK range (upper 600's), or should I split them between her and Chiz to have two, lower attack but still very good units?
Super Uber.

CCIE

Banned
I will be doing my first 11-pull chasing Noctis tomorrow. I figure Mercedes and Chizuru are good consolation prizes if I cannot get him.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ran the event a few more times this morning to pick up everything I needed for Snow and Rain(Was a few Gems short), got the 2nd tier of SQs, some PDs, and 1 or 2 more Screamroots with the additional goods.

Sitting in a fairly nice place, since I maybe a bit more time limited with the next event. Focus will just be the Tickets. Anything extra will be for 6* Mats, Elixirs, and if they have a decent item or too.

leehom

(Spoiler tag that maybe?)

There is a follow up cutscene. Follow her into the screen to the left. You will watch a long scene with Rain and then a check-in with the bad guys before getting the "to be continued" screen. Literally. The screen will go black and you will get the words "to be continued" flashed on your screen. If you haven't seen that, then that's why you can't do the Charlotte bit yet. At least, that was true for me.

Thanks, this resolved it.

Super Uber.

That's kinda' what I was thinking.

I am making headway on a bracer, blade mastery, power of creation, and save the queen, which would put Lightning at 659 given the gear I have available. That's... not too shabby.

I still think Chiz will have good stats as well, but wasn't sure if having two upper 500 units was better/worse than having one 659 unit and one low 500 unit.

Thanks, this resolved it.

Woot! Glad that did the trick.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

ATK is calculated with Exponents.

The only time it's better to slight the damage is if it's a massive increase with one, while minimal decrease with another.

The Maze could not come at a better time. I have a lot of leveling to do. I'd very much like to Cap ExDeath and Chizzy, get as much work into Snow as possible... and maybe with some luck, top off Charlotte, Tilith, Maxwell,... I have a lot of characters I would like to level. ;_;

Iceman829

Yesterday was our end of the year holiday party at work. It seems like I did enough to give myself a buffer in arena to make up for being unable to fully play yesterday. I guess today I'll try to knock out some stuff and maybe grab that helmet off 2hd dragon

I upgraded my Chizuru this morning, but she's in the same boat as my Exdeath now. Both are 6* but in need of a bunch of xp. I have about 50 tickets and 20k lapis, so I'll try and fail at Noctis tomorrow. I won't blow the whole stash as I want to try for Orlandu and Tidus as well.

My vacation starts tomorrow. I have some doctors appointments, but after that I'm going to find some way to be able to auto TM farm. That way once I start traveling I can leave my account to farm during the day while I go out to do stuff

Zhadgon

Zhadgon - the longer I run Andy, the slower it gets. I could reboot but that is a pain. So I use Memory Clean to reclaim memory, and performance improves

Same for all of the emulators, especially in a VM
Ok I will look into it.

.n_n.

CCIE

Banned
I have about 30 tickets, and 17000 lapis saved up. I figure I might spend up to a dozen tickets and an 11-pull. Won't ever whale again, but would like a second DPS unit. And I would really like Noctis.

Anustart

Anustart - after seeing Noctis stats I would definitely wait until tomorrow for starting the game

With as many pulls as I've done and gotten 1 5 star, I dunno about then doing it but hoping for 1 specific character as that 1/50000 5 star pull lol.

Valentus

I have about 30 tickets, and 17000 lapis saved up. I figure I might spend up to a dozen tickets and an 11-pull. Won't ever whale again, but would like a second DPS unit. And I would really like Noctis.

Do it.

This banner is the best outcome for anyone to full gear.

Noctis has the highest attack of the game full equip
Chizuru will give you chance of get more blade mastery
Mercedes is a great secondary damage dealer and her Axe is the strongest weapon in the game now

And charlotte will grant you chance to get equip H Shield for your refia and cloud of darkness.

If you or anyone lack gear or materias in your team, this is the best chance in all banners until now to go full Ham.

This is the banner for it CCIE, wish you nothing but luck tomorrow.

NomarTyme

Do it.

Mercedes is a great secondary damage dealer and her Axe is the strongest weapon in the game now

And charlotte will grant you chance to get equip H Shield for your refia and cloud of darkness.

If you or anyone lack gear or materias in your team, this is the best chance in all banners until now to go full Ham.
Goddamn it... You getting me all hype!

Valentus

So in Arena, blizzard flask of noctis (400% dmg hybrid +30% chance turn stop AoE) + golem staff (30% chance petrify) = FUCK MY LIFE?

CCIE

Banned
Thanks all! I wish everyone luck tomorrow, but especially Chrono and those who haven't seen a 5* base character yet. Personally, I just need Chizuru for the BM TM, but I would like RNG to throw me a rainbow crystal. Haven't seen one since I re-rolled this account what seems like ages ago.

Anustart - you should definitely wait until tomorrow because there will be boost on
Chizuru - excellent TM and DPS
Mercedes - excellent TM and DPS
Charlotte - excellent tank, and down the line she gets 6*
Noctis - best all-around character from what I can tell

Seriously, could have an excellent start to the game with the right roll. All characters will be 6* capable

Alkez

So in Arena, blizzard flask of noctis (400% dmg hybrid +30% chance turn stop AoE) + golem staff (30% chance petrify) = FUCK MY LIFE?

Might as well add Chizuru with a sleep dagger Phantom Shadow just to make sure they really can't play lol.

tariniel

Do it.

Yeah I never got a Chorizo and would really like her TM since I already spent time getting the Sakura katana. I'll use my lapis to 10 pull and might buy some for a 2nd, while praying to RNGesus for a Nocits or Zidane while I'm at it.

Noctis would be so great, I'm pretty much in love with FFXV right now. I'm about 25 hours into my playthrough and think it's amazing. For me, playing 25 hours since last Friday is crazy, I never do that with any game except MMO's.

Thanks all! I wish everyone luck tomorrow, but especially Chrono and those who haven't seen a 5* base character yet. Personally, I just need Chizuru for the BM TM, but I would like RNG to throw me a rainbow crystal. Haven't seen one since I re-rolled this account what seems like ages ago.

Anustart - you should definitely wait until tomorrow because there will be boost on
Chizuru - excellent TM and DPS
Mercedes - excellent TM and DPS
Charlotte - excellent tank, and down the line she gets 6*
Noctis - best all-around character from what I can tell

Seriously, could have an excellent start to the game with the right roll. All characters will be 6* capable

Where is our Newbie friend anyways :p

CCIE

Banned
j-wood. It's simple. Run Earth Temple Exit over and over and over and over and over and over... You get the point

You might want to get a macro to do so. Nox, and other emulators are good for this

ExVicis

Out of curiosity, where are you in the game overall storyline? I ask because the first time I entered the city, I realized I never finished up the Arsha/Elle story because I didn't go into the first screen to the left. There is a rather long cutscene there that ties things up and ends with a "to be continued". Then I had to leave the city and come back for the Charlotte story to kick in.

Don't know if that's the same thing happening for you, but that's what I experienced.

Oh, that might be why. Alright I'll give triggering that scene a try.

Pejo

Welp, Noctis is everything I wanted in a unit and more. After really loving FFXV, way more than I expected to, I am going to get him.

I still haven't received my lapis however, from last Friday's purchase. Not really sure what to do except try opening more tickets with Gumi. This is beyond ridiculous and I'm really pissed, but I really want that unit.

It's really happening at a frustrating time, too. All in on tickets in the meantime, I believe I'm back to 25~ or so. Here's hoping for some luck.

Welp, Noctis is everything I wanted in a unit and more. After really loving FFXV, way more than I expected to, I am going to get him.

I still haven't received my lapis however, from last Friday's purchase. Not really sure what to do except try opening more tickets with Gumi. This is beyond ridiculous and I'm really pissed, but I really want that unit.

It's really happening at a frustrating time, too. All in on tickets in the meantime, I believe I'm back to 25~ or so. Here's hoping for some luck.

Is lapis purchase still broken?

Was going to cash the last of my amazon coins but I dont want to do the dance with Gumi support :/

Pejo

Was going to cash the last of my amazon coins but I dont want to do the dance with Gumi support :/

I wouldn't trust it, tbh. I purchased Friday, entered a support ticket 15-20 mins after I didn't get my lapis. Heard from them 2 days later, and haven't heard a peep since then despite sending messages and creating an email ticket as well. Worst part is, they haven't acknowledged the problem on a larger scale with in-game notices, so there's no clue on where they are with it. I know it's affected at least myself, Panther, and Valentus. Not sure if more people just on GAF ran into it or not.

Iceman829

I have a question about the FFXIII event before it goes away. I bought basically everything and was going to stock up on extra 6* materials even though I don't need them, but was wondering if any of these are worth buying with extra gears

Attacker Materia - ATK +10%, MAG +10%
Defender Materia - DEF +10%, SPR +10%
Thunderfall (Lightning) - Lightning magic damage (2.1x) and reduce lightning resistance (50%) to all enemies
Here We Go (Snow) - Increase DEF/SPR (50%) for 3 turns to caster

I do not have Lightning unlike 80% of this thread, but I do have a 6* Snow that I use in the arena. He is a secondary tank, applies silence to mage squads and helps chain attacks. If any or all are worth buying for now or the future just let me know. Otherwise I'll just dump my extra gears on extra 6* materials depending on any of my pulls tomorrow

I have a question about the FFXIII event before it goes away. I bought basically everything and was going to stock up on extra 6* materials even though I don't need them, but was wondering if any of these are worth buying with extra gears

Attacker Materia - ATK +10%, MAG +10%
Defender Materia - DEF +10%, SPR +10%
Thunderfall (Lightning) - Lightning magic damage (2.1x) and reduce lightning resistance (50%) to all enemies
Here We Go (Snow) - Increase DEF/SPR (50%) for 3 turns to caster

I do not have Lightning unlike 80% of this thread, but I do have a 6* Snow that I use in the arena. He is a secondary tank, applies silence to mage squads and helps chain attacks. If any or all are worth buying for now or the future just let me know. Otherwise I'll just dump my extra gears on extra 6* materials depending on any of my pulls tomorrow

4x Attacker and Defender if you are gonna use FFXIII units I suppose

Here we go... is good but youll likely have a unit with Cheer or a refia someday

Yesterday was our end of the year holiday party at work. It seems like I did enough to give myself a buffer in arena to make up for being unable to fully play yesterday. I guess today I'll try to knock out some stuff and maybe grab that helmet off 2hd dragon

I upgraded my Chizuru this morning, but she's in the same boat as my Exdeath now. Both are 6* but in need of a bunch of xp. I have about 50 tickets and 20k lapis, so I'll try and fail at Noctis tomorrow. I won't blow the whole stash as I want to try for Orlandu and Tidus as well.

My vacation starts tomorrow. I have some doctors appointments, but after that I'm going to find some way to be able to auto TM farm. That way once I start traveling I can leave my account to farm during the day while I go out to do stuff

My firms holiday party was last night as well. I dropped about 1500 points since then. I've closed the gap by spending 100 lapis on orbs. Pissed me the hell off!

ExVicis

Oh god yes it is. Pejo isn't the only one who bought Lapis with Amazon coins and never saw it. I've pretty much given up hope that I'll ever get it sorted out too.

Valentus, did you compare Noctis to Orlandu yet? or waiting for tomorrow? I'm considering blowing my massive Orlandu stash here instead because Orlandu's banner sucks, it's just about him whereas this is a good banner since it has solid consolation units. I'm doing a great job at resisting urges and saving for Orlandu though so if he's still the high king I could regret blowing it early. Although I want Noctis pretty badly since he's a great character and his animations are easily the best in the game. Only time I've been tempted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom