• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Since we're posting,

164 Days Consec
4056 Units Summoned(I live in the Friend Pool)
209 Units Archived

2 Rainbows - Luneth and Noctis.

The other half of the 2nd 10+1 Pull was Noctis, Chizzy, Firion, Galuf, and Da Edge.

I'm praying Chrono gets rewarded >_<

Kouriozan

Why would they do that? I mean, they could, but what reason would they have to do so?

Well, we can't stack some TMs, trials are getting buffed and they just nerfed Noctis.
+ this :

Global version is slightly different from Japan as we have our own localisation such as the Facebook-Linking function, Daily Quests, remodel for bigger screen devices, game balance in terms of abilities which cannot be stacked.

So we never know what could happen.

Xion86

Daily: Charlotte
Ticket: Charlotte
Ticket: GOLD.....Kuja (my first one!)
Ticket: Edge

Will just stick to Daily pulls now and keep the 14 tickets I have left :).

Acerac

Banned
Well, we can't stack some TMs, trials are getting buffed and they just nerfed Noctis.
+ this :
Trials are getting buffed to encourage people to get stronger units (spend more money) and they nerfed Noctis because he is way ahead of the power curve of content.

Nerfing Orlandu would just make less people want to pull on his banner. I don't see any upside from Gumi's perspective, just because some things are different doesn't mean they'd randomly nerf a good character.

Are Lightning or Luneth nerfed compared to their Japanese counterparts? No, right?

Kitoro

Aww man.. I didn't realize I missed an amazing ability for Elza from the Mog King during the Brave Frontier event.. Now I feel gimped with her.

Any chance that the event will come back around someday in 2017?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
+ this :

So we never know what could happen.

JPN Noctis is currently 98/100 on Altema, this is Orlandu ranking.

That is well above the current power creep by over half a year. There is no they nerfed it, as much as he had to be nerfed.

When the time comes in 6 or so months, he'll be on a banner again with JPN improvements.

Alkez

So Lightning and luneth are better than Noctis?.... k

Yeah I was wondering about that as well. I'm assuming they're comparing global Noctis to Lightning after enhancements (now she has her weapon). Even still, I dont know if I agree.

I think that version of Lightning is a 13.0. But I think Noctis is a 13.0 at least as well.

gimme ur friend code so u can finally carry me in a game
Give us YOUR friend code so all of ExviusGAF can carry you. :p
Were Lightning and Luneth released 6 months early in global?

If TG Cid came 6 months early I'd expect nerfs. It doesn't look like that's gonna happen.
Certainly not by 6 months, but I seem to recall many being surprised at how quickly they released the initial Lightning banner.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Yeah I was wondering about that as well. I'm assuming they're comparing global Noctis to Lightning after enhancements (now she has her weapon). Even still, I dont know if I agree.

I think that version of Lightning is a 13.0. But I think Noctis is a 13.0 at least as well.

Noctis' LB looks to be the single biggest hitting move in the game on top of combining it with Cecil's LB.

I have also official spent money for this game now, for the first time, I used the Lapis I've purchased. I feel shame -_-

bonkeng

I'm actually really curious what everyone's rainbow crystal pull rate has been. I've only pulled two rainbows the entire course of the game. It's a stupid low chance. I'd be so upset if I rainbow pulled and it wasn't actually a 5 star base unit.
My rainbow drops,

1 - Lightning
1 - Luneth

Total days: 157

13 Rainbows with 3 duds in chronological order:

1. Lightning (5k pull)
2. WoL (pulled together with Light)
3. Garnet (5k pull)
4. Delita (Dailies on fft 1)
5. Ramza (tickets on fft 2)
6. Ramza (tickets on ff3)
7. Cecil (5k pull on ff3)
8. Ramza (5k pull on ff3)
9. Elza (tickets on bf)
10. DKC (dailies on ff5)
11. Lightning (5k pull on ff5)
12. Gilgamesh (5k pull on ff5)
13. Noctis (tickets)

Total spent: $100

Valentus

Think about it, until orlandu we have to get:

FFZero banner 1: Absolutely garbage. Ace is the first Troll 5star of the game.

Secret of Mana Banner: The only good thing here is the Mana Sword, because all the character of this banner are heavily outclassed with actual units.

FFZero banner 2: Queen is so weird... but is a decent damage dealer with curaja, and her TM is the must have for all of us (ATK+30% HP+20%)... Nine give us a growth egg materia (and its a garbage dragoon by the way), Cinque is crap but with a ATK+20% materia (is a 3star base) and eight.... well.... damn he sucks so bad...

In conclusion, the FFZero banner 2 apart of queen, is the banner for finishing TMing our units for the very good materias

Majin Fina Banner: Elle is crap, Shouta says Luka is decent (i dont think it will be relevant in global), majin fina is godlike, and my god gumi GIVE US RAIN 6STAR ALREADY!!!

And... finally orlandu banner.

If we get a christmas event, (that is a king mog event) we can hope to see next in january the majin fina banner (that is a exploration), and after that the FFzero banner (that at that point i think gumi will mix both banners (zero1 and zero2) and give us only 1 big event of mogking)...

And after that i think we will got the FFII event (CHILLYYYYYYYY) that is a exploration, and finally the orlandu banner (mogking)

Calculating, we might got Orlandu in february, so i dont think at that point, gumi will debuff him.

Lyrian

Since we're posting,

164 Days Consec
4056 Units Summoned(I live in the Friend Pool)
209 Units Archived

2 Rainbows - Luneth and Noctis.

The other half of the 2nd 10+1 Pull was Noctis, Chizzy, Firion, Galuf, and Da Edge.

I'm praying Chrono gets rewarded >_<

Grats on the Noctis! Time for you to go kick some ass!

GF and I took 4 pulls tonight each, all blues. I got all garbage, she at least got Garland and Garland who at least are/will be 6* eligible. Will try again tomorrow.

Had an.... interesting experience with the Maze with her tonight, introducing her to it. I may have stumbled onto something here. Time for some science to validate my theory. If correct.... well then that would make up for my crappy pulling tonight.

1. Lightning (5k pull)
3. Garnet (5k pull)
9. Elza (tickets on bf)
10. DKC (dailies on ff5)
23. Noctis (tickets)

This is crazy to me that you pulled 13 rainbows yet you only spent 100.
Insane. I'd almost not believe it but RNG is rng

Lyrian

1. Lightning (5k pull)
3. Garnet (5k pull)
9. Elza (tickets on bf)
10. DKC (dailies on ff5)
23. Noctis (tickets)

13 rainbows?

Wha? That's some serious luck to even roll that many rainbow opportunities, let alone actual 5* base hits on these rainbows.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Think about it, until orlandu we have to get:

FFZero banner 1: Absolutely garbage. Ace is the first Troll 5star of the game.

Secret of Mana Banner: The only good thing here is the Mana Sword, because all the character of this banner are heavily outclassed with actual units.

FFZero banner 2: Queen is so weird... but is a decent damage dealer with curaja, and her TM is the must have for all of us (ATK+30% HP+20%)... Nine give us a growth egg materia (and its a garbage dragoon by the way), Cinque is crap but with a ATK+20% materia (is a 3star base) and eight.... well.... damn he sucks so bad...

In conclusion, the FFZero banner 2 apart of queen, is the banner for finishing TMing our units for the very good materias

Majin Fina Banner: Elle is crap, Shouta says Luka is decent (i dont think it will be relevant in global), majin fina is godlike, and my god gumi GIVE US RAIN 6STAR ALREADY!!!

And... finally orlandu banner.

If we get a christmas event, (that is a king mog event) we can hope to see next in january the majin fina banner (that is a exploration), and after that the FFzero banner (that at that point i think gumi will mix both banners (zero1 and zero2) and give us only 1 big event of mogking)...

And after that i think we will got the FFII event (CHILLYYYYYYYY) that is a exploration, and finally the orlandu banner (mogking)

Calculating, we might got Orlandu in february, so i dont think at that point, gumi will debuff him.

Christmas event is confirmed, it's in the data.

I have a feeling they'll also slip in another surprise banner like this or another player's choice at some point too(Maybe V Day units)

And honestly, where the hell are you getting all this nerfing shit from? It makes sense if they release characters together on both servers, but why in hell would they nerf Orlandu when he's coming out right on time? If not behind. We're way behind on Mog King events to the trials, but ahead with explorations

Lyrian

Seriously, what the fuck am I supposed to do here? Even with the Moogle trick I rarely go more than 2 steps deep without ending the maze.

The fact that I need 30 of these things makes me not want to bother at all. I guess I just wait months for them to give a large one out for arena or grind Cecil on the gravestones for hours.

Oh god you can still get Star Quartz? K I think I'll stop having any expectations of getting LB pots here, my roommate having gotten 5 already made me think it was viable.

LB pots in the maze are a luxury right now, just like leveling LBs in general. It's really not that necessary. When they become more important (when Enchanted Maze - INT is released), LB pots will start drop **much** more frequently to compensate (INT maze also drops potentially two 3k point LB pots per run as well, just to give you a measuring stick on that).

Global hasn't powercreeped that far... yet. Give it a few months.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but isn't Orlandu only considered top dawg if you have dual wield and Excalibur's? Otherwise he's still good. Just not a monster.

Valentus

Saw that as well, but even without TM Noctis bring so much that he should be rated the same as native dual wielder.
I assume you talk about ExviusWiki?

yeah but its weird, because... OK, i can give you that light and luneth can damage more than noctis. But Noctis doesnt appear in the support bar, where clearly he is King of Kings.

-Can AoE half break
-Can AoE buff allies
-Can AoE bring status
-Can AoE Time Stop
-Can AoE regen Hp and MP
-Can full revive allies
-His LB is as good as Cecil's

How the fuck Noctis can not be the true God Emperor of support units?

I think the update of ranking is incomplete.

Lyrian

Christmas event is confirmed, it's in the data.

Noctis OP in the arena?

/channeling Gumi

Stay tuned for next week, when the new Christmas global exclusive unit has a cure stop ability (and maybe is immune to stop as well if 5* base).

Would be just like a gacha game to present a seriously OP unit to get people to go all in for it and then after a predetermined amount of time, present that unit's hard counter in a subsequent banner.

Valentus

Correct me if I'm mistaken but isn't Orlandu only considered top dawg if you have dual wield and Excalibur's? Otherwise he's still good. Just not a monster.

Orlandu (and Eileen and Tidus) are not one-man-army by themselves... The deal breaker is element chaining with 2 of the same units (2 orlandus, 2 eileens...) their best skills (Holy Explosion, Piledriver and Quick Trick) for that godlike 10hit elemental chain.

Thats why Agrias 6star is godlike, because she is a she-orlandu.

One orlandu dont make difference. 2 Orlandus burn our villages and take away our women.

Noctis OP in the arena?

/channeling Gumi

Stay tuned for next week, when the new Christmas global exclusive unit has a cure stop ability (and maybe is immune to stop as well if 5* base).

Would be just like a gacha game to present a seriously OP unit to get people to go all in for it and then after a predetermined amount of time, present that unit's hard counter in a subsequent banner.

I thought datamine revealed the next global exclusive unit will be a gunner?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Noctis OP in the arena?

/channeling Gumi

Man, you all should know by now, never ask me if shit is OP or not. I don't care. If I'm OP, I move on. If the event is difficult, I look forward to it. Balance is arbitrary to challenge.

Nor would I ever look for balance in the Arena, when one is controlled by AI, who at times will instant kill me every now and then, but typically whack me with a stick before I hit them with a nuke

You all assume I'm not a jackass
LOL

linkent

Noctis's nerf is necessary because they dont want people to stop pulling Orlandu after getting Noctis.
Not because they dont want a powercreep in this game.

From Business POV, they will always want to release new stronger units for people to keep whaling for.

Valentus

Still even with nerf, Noctis is too unbalanced to this point of the game. A unit that can do almost all (only needs curaja to be a omni-unit lmao) and hit like a truck is something that almost feels like a romhack unit.

Lyrian

That's the theory, but a prevention ability can come anywhere in any form on any unit. Stop immunity could be someone's TM as well.

Man, you all should know by now, never ask me if shit is OP or not. I don't care. If I'm OP, I move on. If the event is difficult, I look forward to it. Balance is arbitrary to challenge.

Nor would I ever look for balance in the Arena, when one is controlled by AI, who at times will instant kill me every now and then, but typically whack me with a stick before I hit them with a nuke

You all assume I'm not a jackass
LOL

Consider that a personal flaw of mine. It's just me in general. If I get burnt, I get burnt. I shrug it off and move on. Old enough not to take things too personally anymore.

Arena is pretty much either:

1) Win the coin flip and pretty much auto-win.
2) Lose the coin flip and hope the AI doesn't roll lucky and faceroll your entire team with 6-7k+ HP on its first turn. If so, GG. If not, you auto-win on your turn, or turn 2-3 if the AI was close to killing everyone and you need to recover before facerolling the other team back.

The longer an arena match goes before being conclusively decided, the greater the odds for the AI to get lucky and win.

That's pretty much as far away from the definition of balanced as it gets. Still, if everything was balanced, there wouldn't really be a need to pull for the next greatest and shiniest units that are released.

bonkeng

This is crazy to me that you pulled 13 rainbows yet you only spent 100.
Insane. I'd almost not believe it but RNG is rng

Lol yeah. Although half of those are from dailies and tickets, which means i didn't even try for them. Only banners I really tried are Luneths (which I didn't get) and Gilgamesh.

That's why I keep joking that my team looks like a whale, but equipment-wise, only one is ever truly fully equipped.

13 rainbows?

Wha? That's some serious luck to even roll that many rainbow opportunities, let alone actual 5* base hits on these rainbows.

Hopefully it keeps up haha. Every time I see a Rainbow, I always expect it to be a troll. I never ever get my hopes up, until I see what's inside the crystal lol.

As a free to play player starting this game in August, I have gone from getting my first Rainbow with Gilgamesh, to getting a Noctis today and thinking "crap, I really just wanted to get a chizuru."

Is that considered Progress?

SIGH

Daily: Maria

44 tickets and 20k Lapis and NOT ONE SINGLE RAINBOW not even a troll. That's July to now and I can't even get a troll rainbow. How the fuck does anyone get them? Spending 500 bucks I guess. We are officially cursed, Chrono ;_; I am 2k lapis from being able to do one last 10+1 pull. I actually barely even got one Mercedes at the end of all those pulls lol! Also, a gold was Bedille, this thread title made me think I'd be safe from him haha

Ahem, anyway, my defensive mechanism is apathy so I'm actually calm but just sad thinking about it because I feel I'm truly never getting a 5* base. Even if they do the Japan fix, it won't matter if I can't get a single rainbow. I know, RNG means I could get one at any moment but when you've been playing since July and haven't seen one... well, most of you don't know what that's like.

That all said, I had enough pulls to not get all complete shit and actually got a few things that make me quite happy and I'll carry on hoping this will make my team strong enough with a whale friend to beat trials for now.

The Silver Lining:

1. By far the pull that made me happiest, the one thing I prayed for a gold to turn into if it couldn't go rainbow: REFIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No more Lenna soon! I already have Dual Cast ability too :D I can't wait to get her in the lineup because every damn strategy you guys put up involves here as healer haha I was always feeling inadequate with Lenna.

2. I got Chorizo! Finally! I pulled for her in her first banner but couldn't get her but this time...I got three! So three blade masteries :) How many should I keep versus fusing to learn it faster? Keep 2? or all three?

3. Like when I went hard for Lightning, I got a bunch of great TM units that I otherwise wouldn't. Chief among them two more Zidanes :D So three DWs eventually. I got more Cecils...I have 5 of them now.. good lord, how many Excals should I keep? I'd love to fuse some into the one I've been farming to speed it up. I also got another Miyuki.

As for new stuff, after Valentus was showing me how to gear a unit and I said I don't have any of that stuff... two Gaffs for Bracers and a Hayate for a Black Cowl :) I also got one of the guy that has growth egg plus a Celese that I kept this time for the Minerva Buster. Another shantotto too.

Oh, almost forgot, last pull gave me Bartz too who I know got his 6* recently. Was he any good outside that suicide MP restore exploit?

So all in all I got a lot of good stuff I'm just bummed that all those pulls didn't yield a single rainbow. As bad as I want Noctis, I'd love Gilg, Luneth, Light, etc. Also TMs can only make you so happy when it takes ten years to learn them haha Especially with constant interruptions though I think Nox is doing a little better lately.

Lyrian

Still even with nerf, Noctis is too unbalanced to this point of the game. A unit that can do almost all (only needs curaja to be a omni-unit lmao) and hit like a truck is something that almost feels like a romhack unit.

To me, from personal experience with this type of situation occuring in PAD in the past, it feels like Noctis is a way for Guni to accelerate the power creep of the game to catch up with JP faster.

For Global, in everyone's opinion, do you consider it bad for Orlandu to have competition right out of the gate, instead of on JP where he doesn't get any real competition until Dark Veritas?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
That's the theory, but a prevention ability can come anywhere in any form on any unit. Stop immunity could be someone's TM as well.

Consider that a personal flaw of mine. It's just me in general. If I get burnt, I get burnt. I shrug it off and move on. Old enough not to take things too personally anymore.

Arena is pretty much either:

1) Win the coin flip and pretty much auto-win.
2) Lose the coin flip and hope the AI doesn't roll lucky and faceroll your entire team with 6-7k+ HP on its first turn. If so, GG. If not, you auto-win on your turn, or turn 2-3 if the AI was close to killing everyone and you need to recover before facerolling the other team back.

The longer an arena match goes before being conclusively decided, the greater the odds for the AI to get lucky and win.

That's pretty much as far away from the definition of balanced as it gets. Still, if everything was balanced, there wouldn't really be a need to pull for the next greatest and shiniest units that are released.

If it was balanced. People wouldn't be talking about how awesome they are when the AI auto attacks the first round while they double Meteor, chain Blitz, and nuke 3 members of the other team down in a turn.

Then complain when the AI does the same to them. Heh.

I can get Noctis to break 800ATK 0_0

Valentus

To me, from personal experience with this type of situation occuring in PAD in the past, it feels like Noctis is a way for Guni to accelerate the power creep of the game to catch up with JP faster.

For Global, in everyone's opinion, do you consider it bad for Orlandu to have competition right out of the gate, instead of on JP where he doesn't get any real competition until Dark Veritas?

i think people having more options feel good with their accounts is always a good thing.

But remember!!! Ace is coming soon!, pray for never get a Ace... is worst than having a Medius 5 star, because RNG blessed you with giving a base 5star, and of ALL THE ALTERNATIVES AVAILABLE, it choose Ace.

Kouriozan

Yep, he'll be good but for Global Lightning and Luneth will pretty much stay best unit ever because they don't take TMs into account.
Even that famous Onion Knight everyone is currently talking about won't be better than the native dual wield duo.

bonkeng

Yep, he'll be good but for Global Lightning and Luneth will pretty much stay best unit ever because they don't take TMs into account.
Even that famous Onion Knight everyone is currently talking about won't be better than the native dual wield duo.

Onion Knight does get innate Dual Wield. At Level 1. On his base 5*.

Valentus

Onion Knight does get innate Dual Wield. At Level 1. On his base 5*.

yeah but a nice touch of gumi here, onion knight from lvl 1 to 92 is garbage. Even shadow has more ATK than onion knight. Just like the original FFIII, from lvl 93 to 100, onion knight becomes a beast

Shouta

Majin Fina Banner: Elle is crap, Shouta says Luka is decent (i dont think it will be relevant in global), majin fina is godlike, and my god gumi GIVE US RAIN 6STAR ALREADY!!!.

Just check out Altema, she's rated the number 5 healer, lol. No Rem or Y'shtola yet so she'll be the 3rd best healer in Global.

She's also one of the few healers in the game who's heal isn't magic meaning certain objectives where you can't use healing magic can be met while still healing.

Orlandu (and Eileen and Tidus) are not one-man-army by themselves... The deal breaker is element chaining with 2 of the same units (2 orlandus, 2 eileens...) their best skills (Holy Explosion, Piledriver and Quick Trick) for that godlike 10hit elemental chain.

Thats why Agrias 6star is godlike, because she is a she-orlandu.

One orlandu dont make difference. 2 Orlandus burn our villages and take away our women.

You technically don't need two of the same unit. You just need to be able to element chain them together which can be done with any unit but the timing is different because of the attack animations. It's easier if it's the same unit or the same animation.

All you really need is a weapon of the same element equipped on each character to give them that property and their attacks will get that Element Chain damage bonus. Combine that with reducing Element resistances for big damage.

Edit: I took a quick look at Noctis' stats for Global yesterday, I don't think he'll really compete with Orlandu as a damage dealer. His best attack is a little more powerful but he doesn't look like he has any elemental resistance reduction. His max ATK% is lower too.

The moogle only appears occasionally. Haven't seen him myself yet and for that matter, my luck in the maze sucks haha I haven't made it past the second door a single time. Abandoned it to do missions for lapis for now. Once I get enough to do another 10+1 pull I'll try it some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom