• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

Daily Mercedes, neat. I have a couple Medius and Cerius if they end up being any good, but I'm not sure who they would replace. Seems so random though, why them?

Rixa

Eventho they might suck. This is the reason to keep _atleast_ on of every character one pulls from premium gacha. You never know what they will do.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wow - Global exclusive 6* evos ? Thats awesome. Medius and Cerius were part of my initial pulls. Hah...

But this also means we will need even more exp in the future to level some of these units. Cant complain though...

So any beginners advice or a link to a starter guide or something?

Just playing through the story right now and getting levels. I am pretty lost though. This game seems pretty complex.

Rixa

So any beginners advice or a link to a starter guide or something?

Just playing through the story right now and getting levels. I am pretty lost though. This game seems pretty complex.

Exviuswiki Beginners Guide
Reddit Beginners guide from a Newb for a Newb

Also ask here, there is always some one answering to you.

Also if you can. You could run Enchanted Maze in "Vortex" costs 10 nrg per run but it will give great prizes (atleast 35k [5k cactuar and 30k Jumbo Cactuar] worth of exp cactuars every run). This Maze is here for some days. Try to do it and level your Noctis same time by fuseing those Jumbo Cactuars to Noctis.

Best way to make GIL now:
Those 5k Exp mini cactuars you get from Maze (1st opponent always).
-> Pull from Friend Point gacha (FP gacha). Feed 1 mini cactuar (5k exp catuar) to that pulled unit (1-3* crap) it and _sell_ that friend point unit.
It costs 60 Gil and you get ~4400 GIL per FP 1* (or 2*) unit sold this way. And one FP pull costs 200 Friend points.

Malakhov

Banned
I don't even own A gun, let alone many guns to necessitate a dual wielding Medius.
There's the 56 atk Betelgeuse in a chest in olderion. Then I think there's a 40something atk in the shop.

And if you have mustadio, his tm is a 107 or something atk gun.

Syntsui

I did edit my post. You can always do Story, but Maze is here now for the 2nd time in 7 months. We don't know when it comes next, so if you can. Run Maze, do story later.
Unfair to say like that, we had one in September and now one in December. I expect them to do it every 3 months.

Rixa

Unfair to say like that, we had one in September and now one in December. I expect them to do it every 3 months.

It doesn't change the fact that its kinda rare and it is cheapest way to new player to get Jumbo cactuars + other materials that are not so easy to get.

Xion86

X1wZDoNl.png

Glad this Maze came around :D

Now to awaken and use the daily big pot.

Rootbeer

Banned
Against my better judgement... i bought some Lapis using amazon coins. First 11 pull... got Noctis. Will continue with dailies but I'm done with this banner.

The only other banner unit this round I don't have is Mercedes... but she's gonna have to wait, cause the other Lapis from that purchase is going towards my Orlandu efforts! (lapis not shown in pic, it's on my android emulator :p)

Alkez

Question: How many legitimately good pulls have people received from a daily pull?

I stopped doing dailies a while back (Lightning banner for ludmille, which I didn't get) because all I was getting was trash and it was preventing me from building any lapis. But now I'm starting to question if losing a chunk of lapis in a few minutes with an 11 pull is really worth it. I currently have 20k lapis, none of which has been bought, but that could easily go in 4 11 pulls and nothing good is guaranteed to come out of those.

Rixa

Humhum

Code:
[B]Cerius 6-star[/B]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/yCN4joc.png[/IMG]

Autorefresh and AutoMP
Rare dark elemental resistance move
Learns dualcast innately
Only green magic
Combine with rare Cura staff from secret vendor

[B]Medius 6-star[/B]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/907e3Qj.png[/IMG]

Learns Blazing Glory
Status Up and Down spells
Multihit attacks
There will be a decent gun from the frosty event

bonkeng

Oh now I realized, this is how Gumi wants to do things.

Instead of implementing jp's crystal change rules, they'll release 6* version of original ffbe units exclusively to global, so that players can have as many 6* units and not complain anymore.

Xiao, Miyuki, Gilbert, Raksasha and Duane will get their turn as well.

Question: How many legitimately good pulls have people received from a daily pull?

I stopped doing dailies a while back (Lightning banner for ludmille, which I didn't get) because all I was getting was trash and it was preventing me from building any lapis. But now I'm starting to question if losing a chunk of lapis in a few minutes with an 11 pull is really worth it. I currently have 20k lapis, none of which has been bought, but that could easily go in 4 11 pulls and nothing good is guaranteed to come out of those.

I got a daily Greg. Other than that, mostly dupes/fuse fodder. I don't really pull dailies much unless I like the banner (or need bonus units for events). I'd rather save lapis.

cw_sasuke

Cerius as 5* was already kinda interesting...his 6* version might be useful against some foes.

Rootbeer

Banned

You can get rainbows from dailies, so for 250 lapis it's worth a shot. Now, with some of the banner changes you are less likely to get trash units like Shadow and more likely to get something you might use... so even more worth the try.

I pulled a 5* base from a daily a while back. IIRC it was my Dark Knight Cecil. I remember seeing pics of people pulling Lightning in a daily... your chance of getting a rainbow are between 1% and 2% depending on how you want to read the statistics.

Rixa

Hmm. Hopefully Medius 6* gets bonus to throwing weapons too. Slapping 2x Rising Sun to Medius sounds interesting Idea :p.

Oh almost missed this
New (and first) Raid Event - A Frosty Offensive! (Holiday Special)
Wohooh Raid incoming :p

9EzCItu.jpg

First Raid Event for GL
Accumulate Raid points via the Raid Boss (personal rewards, tickets, event exclusive items, evolution mats, etc.)
Exclusive Equipment is extra effective vs. Raid Boss

0VDRHXw.png

Group Rewards: All layers who help others get special rewards (tickets, mini pots) based on how many raid points the entire community has accumulated.

bonkeng

So far I've gotten 2 5* base from dailies.

Rixa

Hmm. I don't know but maybe Discord channel for ExviusGAF could be nice?

I mean that raid if it works somewhat same way than in Chain Chronicle you need help from other players (your friends). You prolly have time limit to kill the Raid boss. In CC it was 60 minutes with limited amount of Raid Orbs (3 at beginning, later it was raised to 5) and the orbs refreshed at 30min one / with premium currency (prolly 100 Lapis here).

Valentus

Hmm. I don't know but maybe Discord channel for ExviusGAF could be nice?

I mean that raid if it works somewhat same way than in Chain Chronicle you need help from other players (your friends). You prolly have time limit to kill the Raid boss. In CC it was 60 minutes with limited amount of Raid Orbs (3 at beginning, later it was raised to 5) and the orbs refreshed at 30min one / with premium currency (prolly 100 Lapis here).

For what i saw on reddit and youtube (based on bahamut raid, the first raid in JP)

You fight the boss and everybody is defeated you gain points for total damage dealt to it.

With that points you get ranked, just like arena, and at the end of the event, you get rewards for the ranking you ended (again, just like arena)

In the bahamut raid the rewards were:

Rank 1-1000 = 2 big trust moogles + 5 tickets
Rank 1001-10000 = 1 big trust moogle + 4 tickets
Rank 10001-30000 = 1 small trust moogle + 4 tickets
Rank 30001-50000 = 1 small trust moogle + 3 tickets
Rank 50001-100000 = 2 tickets
Rank 100001~ = 1 ticket

Also, there are individual rewards you got for achieving certain point milestones (like star quartz, trust moogles, friend points, stat pots)

And finally you gain rewards (tickets) for total damage the server has done to the boss.

Here you can see the rewards

It looks like raids are very rewarding events.

I'm kinda shocked my Cecils lb is up there compared to most ppl. I'm at lvl 15 rn and I'll prolly be there awhile waiting for regular burst pots so I can get him to 6*.

Seriously I'm mad I've never gotten a Medius and other person before. Dope they are 6* GL exclusives tho!

H3xum

I am pretty uninterested in support roles since Refia is Refia and Tilith is Tilith and Rain will soon be Rain. So no one really tickles my fancy out of the 4 new guys. I guess Medius could always just be a beast but unless his stat gain goes CRAZY (only like 100 attk right now), I think the chances of him becoming a giant are slim to none

Kouriozan

I'm kinda shocked my Cecils lb is up there compared to most ppl. I'm at lvl 15 rn and I'll prolly be there awhile waiting for regular burst pots so I can get him to 6*.

Seriously I'm mad I've never gotten a Medius and other person before. Dope they are 6* GL exclusives tho!

When mine reached limit level 10, I instantly awakened him to 6*.

cw_sasuke

When mine reached limit level 10, I instantly awakened him to 6*.

Thats what i did as well - working to max lvl him.

If i ever get a dupe i will try to max lvl his LB - but right now him being 6* and protecting my units is more important. The max LB is really high end stuff, while im still covering the basics.

Kinda sucks for Charlotte though - just when i get her awesome shield i pull 6* Cecil and she is being benched :-/

All of these unit boosts are really making me want to start an alt account.

I've got like 6 Medii and 1 Cerius, but I just don't (yet) see the point in leveling them. Poor Krile, who was my MVP for a long time, is still maxed at 4*. Then again, 6*...

My goal is to have all 6*-able characters boosted to 6*. So far, of the non-base 5*s, I've got Cecil, Bartz, Call of Duty, and Exdeath. Need to boost Mercedes, Chorizo, and Snow. Too bad mats are limited; the next 6* will be Rain, anyway.

Probably not interested in the new units, and doubt I'll waste the mats and time to level up my Medius.

However, I would like to try and do a couple pulls on this current banner. I'm looking to drop my first real purchase into the game (although still minor compared to the bucks that whales are throwing at it). I'm assuming there will be some kind of lapis deal for Christmas, but does anyone know if: a) I'm safe in my assumption, and b) when the deal would hit?

Because of the deal wouldn't go into place until Friday, I don't want to wait because I'd rather throw a bit of change in the hopes of pulling on this banner than on the next. If the deals would go live on Thursday, then I will wait and hopefully maximize my purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom