• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Your whole team getting petrified but your heal is ass. I'm glad enhanced Luka deals with that shit easily with one skill and it's not magic, lol.

I told a few people on Reddit to get Luka. 2 of them responded a month or two later with a thank you.

I haven't had a use for Luka yet but did manage to get her when I accidentally accepted a lapis reward with my Nox account and decided to use it for a single pull when that banner was running. Kept her for special circumstances where you can't use magic. I'll probably prioritize leveling her after I finish Minfilia but Minfilia won't get any gigantuar treatment until after I max WoL when he gets his 6* upgrade.

Curious to see what units get enhancements first. It would be cool if they gave WoL his to coincide with his 6* coming up but probably won't happen, eh? Don't think anyone else in my lineup has enhancements in Japan yet so honestly enhancements will probably fail to interest me much for a long time. Noctis is who I'd care the most about. At least I don't think Refia, CoD, or ExDeath have it yet in japan.

Rokuren

DQ Banner is most likely next week. It is the next King event.

Going to finish the story and go back to TM farming. If the materias needed for Enhance drop, I'll farm next week for them instead. But I'll also clear out some old stages.

Mostly, I want to wait to a half energy weekend or something for the 10+ NRG stages and such. I should have enough Megacities too for the next Esper to full max. Sitting on 130 Orange and some 200+ of other colours.

Would they really throw a mogking event on top of the Eggs Event? I would've thought an exploration event was next; especially since they're adding to the egg shop next week.

Mipcgamer

mqz47QL.png

Come on! I already pulled Xon and Aiden so I'm not pulling anymore on this banner. I suppose I should sell this little guys right?

Mipcgamer

Yeah, IF I do anymore pulls, it would be just dailies. The moogles are already gone!

Also, if somehow I get fake Freya I'll be happy to grind her TMR.

After trying and failing for a month to get Orlandeau, I decided to max out my Bartz to 6* and use him as a DPS to go with my CoD, Dark Fina, ExDeath, Refia, and Chizuru.

I just got home from a brutal day at work and pulled a Noctis with my lone summon ticket.

What a day

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
This egg event seems super confusing and dumb. I dunno how many and what type of eggs to craft and it takes like hundreds of them to make some items..

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

That's helpful, thank you. Now my problem is not being sure what I should even try for. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to see 50+ rainbow eggs during this event (I'm at like 4 or 5 after my first 3 multi pulls), so I'm not sure it's even worth putting in the effort towards the knife, for example. That seems more like a whale-tier acquisition and I don't really spend lapis on stamina refreshes and stuff. Not to mention I'm only about half way thru the story mode with only 40 stamina, so I'm not exactly getting the metal eggs super fast, even playing as much as I can.

You can craft all of the stuff after the event is over tho, right? Maybe I'll just play out the entire thing and pull as much as I can and see where my egg totals are after all is said and done before determining what's realistic to make.

across

Unless you're a brand new account I think the best thing to do is pick up Second Knife and sit tight until week 2. Cold Snap is just a somewhat-easier-to-get Ruler's Ring with a fairly limiting condition (heavy armour) on it.

But yes, traversing their goofy crafting menus is unnecessary busywork.

That's helpful, thank you. Now my problem is not being sure what I should even try for. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to see 50+ rainbow eggs during this event (I'm at like 4 or 5 after my first 3 multi pulls), so I'm not sure it's even worth putting in the effort towards the knife, for example. That seems more like a whale-tier acquisition and I don't really spend lapis on stamina refreshes and stuff. Not to mention I'm only about half way thru the story mode with only 40 stamina, so I'm not exactly getting the metal eggs super fast, even playing as much as I can.

You can craft all of the stuff after the event is over tho, right? Maybe I'll just play out the entire thing and pull as much as I can and see where my egg totals are after all is said and done before determining what's realistic to make.

You can craft everything after it's over, yeah. In your case I'd do exactly that - just push through the story over the next two weeks and see what you can get by the end. If you end up close to the mats for Second Knife (if your account is that new you probably don't have Dual Wield, so having it would be a big boost) then it may be worth a lapis refresh or two if it'll get you over the finish line.

Visceir

Come on! I already pulled Xon and Aiden so I'm not pulling anymore on this banner. I suppose I should sell this little guys right?

Takes 400 lapis to expand 20 unit slots to have the moogles ready to max the TM if you should ever pull her. I think it's worth to spend the lapis.

Loving the Icy Veins accessory on my Olive.

Not filled with TM outside of her weapon really, so with me finally beating Gilgamesh with a party of 5 and getting that sweet ATK +30%, one more Icy Vein and I can get her to 985 ATK.

Sooooo close to 1k now. :)

Lyrian

Unless you're a brand new account I think the best thing to do is pick up Second Knife and sit tight until week 2. Cold Snap is just a somewhat-easier-to-get Ruler's Ring with a fairly limiting condition (heavy armour) on it.

But yes, traversing their goofy crafting menus is unnecessary busywork.

You can craft everything after it's over, yeah. In your case I'd do exactly that - just push through the story over the next two weeks and see what you can get by the end. If you end up close to the mats for Second Knife (if your account is that new you probably don't have Dual Wield, so having it would be a big boost) then it may be worth a lapis refresh or two if it'll get you over the finish line.

The grind overall isn't really that bad for a 2 week haul. Now granted, I've been pushing fairly hard, but I've already got the Knife and will have the Cold Snap with the remainder of my energy before bed, no refills at all. Having the story mode complete is a huge boon in this event.

Equipment thoughts I've picked up upon from various places:

-- Radiant / Magical Eggs are great Hero Ring substitutes.
-- Cold Snap offers poison immunity; niche use in the future possible for a trial / event boss.
-- Black Bandanas offer sleep immunity, like the Black Cowl. Rather huge, as most units with built-in immunities to paralysis/petrify are still vulnerable to sleep. This plugs that hole nicely, if you aren't swimming in Black Cowl TMs.
-- Aizen's staff (Staff of Wrath) actually has 20 DEF on it, while still possessing ok-ish SPR. Given that SPR right now doesn't yield that much extra healing (not until Ayaka), this may be a reasonable trade-off.

Takes 400 lapis to expand 20 unit slots to have the moogles ready to max the TM if you should ever pull her. I think it's worth to spend the lapis.

Agreed. In the future, via power creep inflation, 5* bases will inevitability become easier to pull. The 400 lapis spent now to reserve space for the TM moogles, is cheaper than the cost to farm her TM again in the Earth Shrine. Granted, the chance to pull her in the near to mid term future is very low. But if you do pull her, you will absolutely be kicking yourself over it.

Lyrian

Had another thought this evening about my assertion about discouraging macros from last night.

If you think about it, the way they are handling the TMs in this event is rather brilliant towards achieving this strategy.

-- Why do people farm ES? Because via macroing, it is the most convenient way to earn TMs.

So, to stop this, Gumi needs to introduce something more attractive that macroing ES.

Enter this value proposition:

-- Gumi's proposal: "Let's not go do ES, shall we? Instead, if you invest your lapis and time in this banner and then potentially on refills as well, I'll present you a reasonably strong opportunity to walk out of this event with the TMs from all of the premium units. You can get TMs in 2 weeks or less, while achieving other gear and prizes at the same time, instead of macroing for a month of more in ES. What do you say?"

A logical person should conclude that this is a sound proposition (they are already running the event, so why not?), which is a win for the player (outside of the 5* base pulling trap) and for Gumi keeping the average person away from macroing ES.

The more I think about it, the more I want to see events like this in the future as an alternative to macroing.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Lyrian I think that's a really creative and possible explanation.

On the other hand: I think it's just Gumi making exclusive shit to take up space in your slots, forcing you to buy more while in an event that you have to grind to death.

Shorter: Every move Gumi makes can be viewed through the lens of using up all your NRG and filling all your slots so you're forced to purchase lapis. Or suffer.

across

The more I think about it, the more I want to see events like this in the future as an alternative to macroing.

I think this event is less an alternative to macroing than it is a great all-around event for fresher accounts, coming off the tails of Ifrit, which was aimed more at the mid-to-high-end.

I'd list the reasons but someone on Reddit already did.

I can buy that early enhancements are, at least partially, a tactic to curtail TM farming, but this event specifically? When about 3 days of energy will get you both of the top prizes? I suppose we'll see how the enhancement material grind is, though.

Rixa

After trying and failing for a month to get Orlandeau, I decided to max out my Bartz to 6* and use him as a DPS to go with my CoD, Dark Fina, ExDeath, Refia, and Chizuru.

I just got home from a brutal day at work and pulled a Noctis with my lone summon ticket.

What a day

Congratulations, you grabbed better unit than Orlandu :).

Noctis will help you in so many different situations. There are turns when I have used Noctis as secondary unit raiser while my Dual Casting Reifa is busy doing other things.

Great haul \o_.

ZeoVGM

Banned
The hell. Specific TMs are one of the dumbest things Gumi has done. They take up space but I want to hold onto them obviously. Why not let us merge them?

Alkez

:eek: there's TM specific moogles.

Damn it why did I listen to Bonkeng and spend all my regular moogles lol.

Used all my grey eggs, got 2 of Frye's. 1 wasted regular moogle. Meh.

Frye got 13.0 on the wiki. Interesting.

bonkeng

:eek: there's TM specific moogles.

Damn it why did I listen to Bonkeng and spend all my regular moogles lol.

Used all my grey eggs, got 2 of Frye's. 1 wasted regular moogle. Meh.

Frye got 13.0 on the wiki. Interesting.

Lol. I didn't know there's unit moogles in this event.

Sorry but not sorry.
Because you got her and I didn't.

Kouriozan

I already said yesterday but f*ck this week arena, seriously.
Everyone is has 3 Noctis or 90% evasion units suddenly, this can't be bad luck at this point, never lost a match in 1+ months and now I keep losing >.<

bonkeng

Everyone is has 3 Noctis or 90% evasion units suddenly, this can't be bad luck at this point, never lost a match in 1+ months and now I keep losing >.<

Just bring 5 mages and chain them to death.

Xion86

That's handy thanks :)

I feel like I don't even need most of these items but going to get them anyway haha. Nice Cactuars and Snappers from the event too. I'm only doing dungeons and dailies. No banner units yet.

Oh I managed to get my first Ribbon :)

xd84Lijl.png

And I'd really love a 10% Trust Moogle right now as Quick Assault no.2 is at exactly 90%!

Alkez

Lol. I didn't know there's unit moogles in this event.

Sorry but not sorry.
Because you got her and I didn't.

Lol! It's all good. It seems like they're super rare anyways. And they had just been taking up space for like 4 months now.

But yeah, at least I got her :p haha.

Yeah it's trash. If they're going to ban dual cast at least ban dual wield so I'm not getting double blizzard flasked every game.

Also we need an aoe stop materia. I don't know if I want to wait for Ayaka.

Fry TM done! Thanks free moogles from the egg machine. Now about those extra 3 L&A I need......I wanted to take a few weeks off from TM farming. :/

Kouriozan

Finally found someone who bring 2 Orlandeau in the Arena.
Just love them, no evasion, no inflicting 34 status ailments, no stop, no AoE, no nothing <3

Lyrian

JP has had TM-specific moogles as part of this for awhile now, it's not really a Gumi thing, lol.

JP has event specific moogles for lapis-required units given out on their release event? Never hear anyone discuss this about JP.

If so, redirect the credit to Alim then. :)

Lyrian I think that's a really creative and possible explanation.

On the other hand: I think it's just Gumi making exclusive shit to take up space in your slots, forcing you to buy more while in an event that you have to grind to death.

Shorter: Every move Gumi makes can be viewed through the lens of using up all your NRG and filling all your slots so you're forced to purchase lapis. Or suffer.

Well... yes? The game isn't a charity and is designed to get you spend money. If there wasn't any intentional currency sinks in the game, there wouldn't be any reason to ever need to buy lapis. All those different inventory boxes (which are intentionally separated from each other) are easy to clog up and require lapis to buy inventory slots.

Enhancement gems are a solid example here. Did the system really need to be designed where 40 different gems were needed? Nope, but they are there to intentionally clog up inventory on purpose.

The event unit-specific moogles are another way to do this, as well. Reddit is starting to figure this out and is discussing this concept.

I think this event is less an alternative to macroing than it is a great all-around event for fresher accounts, coming off the tails of Ifrit, which was aimed more at the mid-to-high-end.

I'd list the reasons but someone on Reddit already did.

I can buy that early enhancements are, at least partially, a tactic to curtail TM farming, but this event specifically? When about 3 days of energy will get you both of the top prizes? I suppose we'll see how the enhancement material grind is, though.

True statements. There's no arguing that the event is incredible for younger accounts.

Content that flows from JP --> Global is pretty much locked in stone. Gumi hasn't really altered the core of any content that has already occured in Alim's version of the game, outside of currency prices here and there.

On the other hand, Global exclusive content does not suffer from the same restriction. Gumi/Alim (whoever is actually creating this exclusive content) is definitely using these events to test out new ideas. Almost like a form of test server from content that goes back the other way (like Ariana) to JP.

The enhancement implementation worries me, as Gumi is keeping that very, very close to their vest (which is a big warning red flag). There is no logical reason to pre-announce enhancements (outside of perhaps intentionally creating anxiety over this) and then have complete radio silence on how the actual implementation of them in this event will be.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Jealous of you with extra Rainbow pulls, but fuck Gumi.

This method doesn't seem to be working for me Q_Q

Lyrian: I don't think anything has been worse coming to Global in the sense of Events and Grind. Typically, they've been better I believed, where they curtailed them already to the rates JPN has now. Their first few Mogking were much worse than what we had.

If they are announcing it, I think it's more like announcing a feature. If it's a grind in JPN already, that's not going to change either. Nor do I think they'll make it worse. It's more of a time constrained curve for the big ones and an energy for the smaller ones.

Loving these last 2-3 events. Made a huge difference for my squad.

Just finished up 2nd Icy Vein, Olive @976 ATK. Her ATK will drop a bit when I replace Tiger Mask with Black Bandana, but she will gain immunity to Sleep which is good.

Also all these Megacite have me 6 levels from Siren hitting lvl 40, this finishing off all my Espers, then I will stockpile for the next Esper that comes along.

Not sure what I will do with the Knife but I'm sure I'll find someone to use it on.

Then to top it off I had that crazy string of luck with 2x Orlandeau in 9 pulls. Although I haven't pulled a banner unit since. My luck went sour so now I've got all these Moogles with nobody to use them on.

I wouldn't mind that 3* unit for her Armor TM. Refia could use it I believe.

To top it off Ramza might be getting Enhancements soon.

My account has turned a huge corner these last couple of weeks. So much that I was able to finally kill Gilgamesh last night in 2 turns and get the +30% ATK materia.

I hope this continues. :)

Edit - To think of it, my luck hasn't been ALL bad. I was a bit upset when I used my Moogles and fused 2 Cecil to get Excalibur because it meant having 2 more but only @ 5-6% each, but I pulled another Cecil, so Orlandeau #2 future looks bright.

c-murph

Deathbringer No.2 Get Last nite!

Going for Blade Mastery No.2/No.3, Quick Assault No.3/No.4 and Action No.3.

Man, those Actions plus Growth Eggs really help with the level grind though. If only I could get one more...

Afterwards, I don't know. Maybe some multiples of five (Kain, Shantotto, etc.) to make room in my units storage. I guess there's also Champion Belts (Snowx4) and Bracers (Gaffx4) to make... Might just combine them in pairs to reduce the time to make them though. I already have two Champion Belts. Don't think I need more than 4. Then two Bracers would cover another character. My Mage has Soluna Rings... and probably would get some sort of HP/Def/SPR boosting accessory for WoL/Cecil. Then I got all my accessories covered for now and can focus on more Materias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom