• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sighhhhhhhh......No Freyvia means my TT will not break 1k mage. Shit has me so upset. We really need another mag sword like now. L&A doesn't work with daggers either.

Alkez

Sighhhhhhhh......No Freyvia means my TT will not break 1k mage. Shit has me so upset. We really need another mag sword like now. L&A doesn't work with daggers either.

Dw, there's a mag sword TM coming out later on. 100 attack 84 mag I believe. Not as good as Fryevia but should be sufficient. 4* as well iirc.

Edit: This is the one

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/656

Still some time away unfortunately if we get it when JP got her, but at least it exists.

Celegus

Machine Killer done! That will certainly come in handy some day. Been feeding Abel my 5% and 1% moogles so he's already up to 60%. The 5's were getting a bit much to hold onto, I still have 18 10% moogles.

I don't have Fryevia either, so I'm not sure going through the hassle of TM'ing Ingus is really worth it (plus I only have 3). This build would be much easier for me to do and have pretty good survivability with just a small hit to MAG.

Trance Terra 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Mateus's Malice +19ATK+129MAG+10%HP
Left Hand: Draco Spike +30ATK+101MAG+Dracoslayer
Head: Cat-ear Hood +25MAG/SPR+20%Fire/Ice/Lightning/Light
Body: Rainbow Robe +45DEF/MAG/SPR+30%All element except Dark
Accessory 1: Magistral Crest +30%MAG+30%SPR
Accessory 2: Magistral Crest +30%MAG+30%SPR
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Sage's Prajna +10%HP+20%MAG
Ability 3: Sage's Prajna +10%HP+20%MAG
Ability 4: Sage's Prajna +10%HP+20%MAG
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 26 DEF: 26 MAG: 34 SPR: 26
Esper: Ramuh HP:3170 MP:6280 ATK:1770 DEF:1225 MAG:6035 SPR:4595
Total Stats: HP: 5367 MP: 389 ATK: 217 DEF: 203 MAG: 875 SPR: 443

CGwizz

finally got yashtola in 2 of my accounts, now i need one in my third account cause the healer there is Luka.

As a new player these raids are <3

Minfilia and yashtola are love !!!!

Thanks Gumi

Ken

Machine Killer done! That will certainly come in handy some day. Been feeding Abel my 5% and 1% moogles so he's already up to 60%. The 5's were getting a bit much to hold onto, I still have 18 10% moogles.

I don't have Fryevia either, so I'm not sure going through the hassle of TM'ing Ingus is really worth it (plus I only have 3). This build would be much easier for me to do and have pretty good survivability with just a small hit to MAG.

Trance Terra 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator

you'll want ingus TMR for ashe 4*

Muku

So how many Shards of Kelsus do you all have by the way? Sitting on 105 here.

105 as well. Was wondering if I'm missing something or what. But I guess we have a month. First 100 are easy then they make you wait for rest.

105 is currently the maximum possible number of shards through today.

-- 10 from day 3 login
-- 80 from raid rewards
-- 15 from daily raid quests

Okay now I don't feel like I'm missing out.

Brosey, yeah, fuck Thancred. I'm not even going to level his dumb ass. Ugh. Not leveling Pap either. Yda though, she's got a place currently on my leveling team. Made Yda's Guts Knuckle earlier on my main as well. Now to get more boxes..

Trance Terra 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator

No Ring of Lucii? Alterna is 5.1 or 5.2 mod spell, it's damage is dumb.

evangd007

Same boat here. I guess I'll level up Yda just for funsies?

Red Card chains perfectly with Yun's Raging Bird, even better if you have Survival Edge on Setzer since most Yuns will have Kaiser Knuckle on (both wind element). My Yun is shared equipped for Titan trial, 613 905 040 if you don't have me already

Sent, thanks for the assist. Won't have time to try tonight, but I'll report tomorrow if your Yun does the trick.

Kouriozan

Some Yda gifs (from here, watch it it's great!) since it's basically her event.

71ua8Z9.gif
fk9KO6O.gif

LmUMv3l.gif

Of course Minfillia has to come and do absolutely nothing, staying true to her ARR role :p

Visceir

Somehow saved up 100% trust moogles and have ~65k lb exp in pots. Best case scenario would be I'd get Tidus and get to drop all of that on him. Max lb and max TM right away.

Just recently got Tidus on JP and been really liking him -- which prob makes him my most desired unit on GL right now.

Kouriozan

Anyone have any idea what the anniversary events might be?
Nope, what's for sure is that it won't be like the Japanese version.
Nazta and his friend on Reddit datamined interesting stuff like :
I have a good feeling about the anniversary, based on this :

Code:
SG_MISSION_LOCK_COUNTDOWN^in %s
SG_MISSION_UNLOCK_INSUFFICIENT_ITEM^Insufficient item: held: 
SG_MISSION_UNLOCK_TITLE^Unlock this mission for  ?
SG_MISSION_UNLOCK_MSG^ held: 
SG_MISSION_UNLOCK_FOR^Unlock for
Code:
900 Ancient Coin
These odd-looking coins are sometimes discovered from historical sites. 
Expedition Guild Masters often offer new contracts to adventurers in exchange for them before auctioning it to other antiquarians for profit.

901 Advance Token
A mystical token thought to bend the passage of time, allowing a party to travel to their destination faster. 
Some dispel the myth and theorize that the token helps to energize the party, thus allowing them to travel faster instead.

904 Expansion Voucher
Can be used to expand any slot (units, friends, etc.) by five slots one time.
And the Adventurer Materia, might even be Brave Frontier focused.

It's going to be way different than JP for sure, but not necessarily worse.
Adventurer materia is a 10% ATK/MAG/DEF/SPR that can be upgraded to 40% for each.

Kouriozan

Just watched the JP Titan raid and oh my god Gumi didn't touch its stats, not even his HP.
They are so crazy, we are missing so much key units.

Edit : they did decrease his stats a little :
JP -> GL
ATK : 420 -> 400
DEF : 100 -> 50
MAG : 380 -> 360
SPR : 150 -> 75

Basically we kill him a little faster but he's doing almost the same damage.

Syntsui

Just watched the JP Titan raid and oh my god Gumi didn't touch its stats, not even his HP.

JP -> GL

That just put in perspective how ahead of the curve some of us here are, Titan was a joke and he was supposed to be a late boss in JPN.

Aiagon won't be shit.

Edit: OK, to be honest, having half the defense really makes a whole freaking difference. This is a legit nerf for our server. Right now he dies in three/four perfect chains from two BiS buffed Orlandu. That, while we wait for the thresholds to not be wiped and praying the RNG doesn't fuck our tank and Healer.

If he had the original defense we probably would have problems with MP, which bring a whole new level of difficulty to the fight. That said, this nerf was HUGE.

Celegus

I have Papalymo on my team...should I drop the character?

Just fuse him with duplicates for his trust master, don't actually use him to fight or level him up.

Looks like we're getting the next dev video soon, maybe tomorrow. Should have some good stuff in there!

Lyrian

JP -> GL

That just put in perspective how ahead of the curve some of us here are, Titan was a joke and he was supposed to be a late boss in JPN.

Aiagon won't be shit.

Edit: OK, to be honest, having half the defense really makes a whole freaking difference. This is a legit nerf for our server. Right now he dies in three/four perfect chains from two BiS buffed Orlandu. That, while we wait for the thresholds to not be wiped and praying the RNG doesn't fuck our tank and Healer.

If he had the original defense we probably would have problems with MP, which bring a whole new level of difficulty to the fight. That said, this nerf was HUGE.

Going to agree with Syntsui here.

Titan having his defenses halved means that players on Global are effectively inflicting double damage compared to JP.

With defenses that high, Global would be looking at needing multiple chaining units at 900/1000+ ATK from the slightly-above average player to have a meaningful chance to win in 11-12 rounds. What would be top-tier on Global right now would merely be average to slightly-above average with JP stats. I'd say maybe the top 1% of the server **might** have a chance of winning against JP stats; everyone else would be absolutely screwed.

J-Tier

Just fuse him with duplicates for his trust master, don't actually use him to fight or level him up.

Looks like we're getting the next dev video soon, maybe tomorrow. Should have some good stuff in there!

Okay, so I have Setzer, Yshtola, Grace, and Minifilia.

If I drop Papalymo,

I can replace him with Yda, King, Luka, Exdeath (3* though), Xiao (also 3*), or Refia.

Unfortunately, I had already leveled Papalymo to 45, but I didn't enhance yet (thank goodness).

Lyrian

Don't think this applies to anyone here (I hope), but wanted to give this heads-up before crashing for the night.

Under the new update, beware of multi-instancing FFBE simultaneously. As suspected, the new client update has anti-bot coding in it as a result of the Bahamut raid, and is actively looking for possible botnets via nox/memu instancing. If the client thinks you might be botting, it is reporting it to Gumi, who is actively banning/blocking IP addresses.

The guy who took over the macro page (McGillby) is reporting his home network is IP banned, Gumi support has replied that his network is IP banned, and he can only play at all via VPN.

Thread Link

Valentus

If I drop Papalymo,

I can replace him with Yda, King, Luka, Exdeath (3* though), Xiao (also 3*), or Refia.

Unfortunately, I had already leveled Papalymo to 45, but I didn't enhance yet (thank goodness).

If you want my advice, i would go with:

Yshtola
Minfilia
Yda
King
Setzer

Yshtola Heals and boost DEF/SPR
Minfilia boost ATK and also can counter heal
Yda damage dealer
King Damage dealer (3 normal attacks per turn)
Setzer with chain or double dice

Good luck!

J-Tier

If you want my advice, i would go with:

Yshtola
Minfilia
Yda
King
Setzer

Yshtola Heals and boost DEF/SPR
Minfilia boost ATK and also can counter heal
Yda damage dealer
King Damage dealer (3 normal attacks per turn)
Setzer with chain or double dice

Good luck!

Okay, great, thanks for the advice!

Rixa

When WoL finally shows his face, will Garland 6* as well? Can't believe we still have launch units who still haven't gotten 6* treatment yet. Insane.

My first Lapis gacha pull says hi.

Vaan

Tho if Gumi doesn't uptune him, not sure is there any point to get Vaan to 6* :D.

Aiagon won't be shit.

Going to agree with Syntsui here.

Titan having his defenses halved means that players on Global are effectively inflicting double damage compared to JP.

With defenses that high, Global would be looking at needing multiple chaining units at 900/1000+ ATK from the slightly-above average player to have a meaningful chance to win in 11-12 rounds. What would be top-tier on Global right now would merely be average to slightly-above average with JP stats. I'd say maybe the top 1% of the server **might** have a chance of winning against JP stats; everyone else would be absolutely screwed.

Yesyes. BiS there BiS here BiSshit everywhere.

Meanwhile it took me ~1½ hours to clear that fucking trial. As Valentus pointed out, first Trial that needs to have base 5* in team. Goodluck for clearing that Trial without Ling / Orlando / Aileen.

^^
Above rant is about Titan Trial, not the Titan Raid ELT.

desverger

Aiagon won't be shit.

Don't even need BiS, if I can get a decent chain he dies off in one turn with a chain from Aileen/Orlandu and Noctis as a finisher.

With double Aileen you probably won't even need a finisher.

Rixa

Don't even need BiS, if I can get a decent chain he dies off in one turn with a chain from Aileen/Orlandu and Noctis as a finisher.

With double Aileen you probably won't even need a finisher.

Youre prolly meaning Raid Titan? Cause you can't one turn Titan trial.

Rixa

Yep, raid Titan. Did JP even have Titan trial or is it GL exclusive?

Not sure, again I did read poster info wrong. I mean Titan raid is much easier than Ifrit raid.
Meanwhile Titan Trial is pain in the ass :D.

When I got right combination of units in Ifrit Raid, I could clear ELT ~10-15mins.
Meanwhile Titan Raid ELT, I can do it in 2 turns (or more, depending friend unit).

Vashetti

Banned

If I drop Papalymo,

You need to level that Exdeath, he's beastly at level 6.

Lucreto

Decided to spend 5k raid coins and got all the characters at the same time.

A question, does the colour of the crystal make any difference to the character? I got a gold crystal Yshtola and later in the same pull I got a Rainbow crystal Yshtola. I don't see any difference at level one.

Secondly is Yshtola one of the best White Mages? I have been using Maria since early parts of the main story and it will be sad to see her retired.

I also got Exdeath recently and he will replace Vivi unless there is a better Black Mage. I don't want to spend King Metal Minitaur unnecessarily fast tracking Exdeath into service if there is a better character.

I have 50k orbs to spend and I already got all the tickets anything worth getting before I buy up all the level 5 and level 6 materials?

Rixa

Decided to spend 5k raid coins and got all the characters at the same time.

A question, does the colour of the crystal make any difference to the character? I got a gold crystal Yshtola and later in the same pull I got a Rainbow crystal Yshtola. I don't see any difference at level one.

Secondly is Yshtola one of the best White Mages? I have been using Maria since early parts of the main story and it will be sad to see her retired.

I also got Exdeath recently and he will replace Vivi unless there is a better Black Mage. I don't want to spend King Metal Minitaur unnecessarily fast tracking Exdeath into service if there is a better character.

I have 50k orbs to spend and I already got all the tickets anything worth getting before I buy up all the level 5 and level 6 materials?

1. Unless there are Gumi bugs, you can only get Y'shtola as rainbow coloured. If you did get Gold coloured and it clearly was gold it is bug in colour but nothing to do with stats, they are still 5* stats. Also when you go to check unit it shows how many stars it has.

2. Y'shtola is 2nd best healer in Global at the moment, best is Rem (base 5*).
-> Rem -> Y'shtola -> Refia -> Luka etc. Refia is good / same tier than Y'shtola if you have Dualcast trust mastery to give Refia. Level & awaken your Y'shtola asap (to awaken Y to 6* you need some materials from raid, so dont sell those materials).

4. Level Exdeath.

5. Get that 10000 costing dagger.

5.1 Dont use your coins to 540 costing 6* materials. Buy all the cheap ones. Only buy those higher priced materials if you need and you got extra coins. Get all the Sacred Crystals (I think you can buy 10). Get all the Star Quartz.

Lucreto

1. Unless there are Gumi bugs, you can only get Y'shtola as rainbow coloured. If you did get Gold coloured and it clearly was gold it is bug in colour but nothing to do with stats, they are still 5* stats. Also when you go to check unit it shows how many stars it has.

2. Y'shtola is 2nd best healer in Global at the moment, best is Rem (base 5*).
-> Rem -> Y'shtola -> Refia -> Luka etc. Refia is good / same tier than Y'shtola if you have Dualcast trust mastery to give Refia. Level & awaken your Y'shtola asap (to awaken Y to 6* you need some materials from raid, so dont sell those materials).

4. Level Exdeath.

5. Get that 10000 costing dagger.

5.1 Dont use your coins to 540 costing 6* materials. Buy all the cheap ones. Only buy those higher priced materials if you need and you got extra coins. Get all the Sacred Crystals (I think you can buy 10). Get all the Star Quartz.

1. It must of been a bug. It was definitely gold.

2. Pity I didn't get Rem but 7 Sice instead. I don't have duel cast, so Yshtola it is. Currently making her clothing as well.

3. I will give Exdeath some TLC later then.

4. I was looking at the dagger but none on my main team would benefit from it. I will get it anyway.

4.1 Already bought all the Sacred Crystals and used them elsewhere. Going to hunt more for Exdeath. I already have 130 Star Quartz and no idea what they are for.

Finally still trying to elite with your Noct. I can't figure out how to re-roll on my tablet. The moment I see landslide I shut the game down and hard close it from my home screen. I launch the game again, see the Gumi logo and it continues where it left off.

tuffymon

Right, the game should pick up on that round, but landslide shouldn't get used. The game thinks it's turn 1 and not registering it as the turn to use landslide anymore.

edit tower of babel incoming, hopefully they'll add rewards to enable repeating it again~

edit its here with lapis to give!

Rixa

1. It must of been a bug. It was definitely gold.

2. Pity I didn't get Rem but 7 Sice instead. I don't have duel cast, so Yshtola it is. Currently making her clothing as well.

3. I will give Exdeath some TLC later then.

4. I was looking at the dagger but none on my main team would benefit from it. I will get it anyway.

4.1 Already bought all the Sacred Crystals and used them elsewhere. Going to hunt more for Exdeath. I already have 130 Star Quartz and no idea what they are for.

Finally still trying to elite with your Noct. I can't figure out how to re-roll on my tablet. The moment I see landslide I shut the game down and hard close it from my home screen. I launch the game again, see the Gumi logo and it continues where it left off.

1. In multipull Rainbow crystal is not so rainbow, its goldish with more vibrant colours. Dunno how they are in raid since I have only used 1400 coins there. Prolly same situation.

4. Best Dagger in game outside of TM's. You cant get it later, what if you pull Rem? Also good dagger anyways (without Rem).

4. Exviuswiki | Star Quartz. Usually first thing to grab is Man-Eater materia. Trust Moogle & consumables aren't good invests. Earrings / 2 Earrings might be if mageish party. Black Belt if counters are needed (Snow getting crystals). Force Shield was nice.

Edit: Cat-Ear Hood great for healer.

It will continue fight where it left. But you avoid that one nasty ability.

Alkez

With dual wield should the unit's strongest weapon be in the left or right hand? It's weird that the left hand is on the right side of the screen lol.

WarAdept

1. In multipull Rainbow crystal is not so rainbow, its goldish with more vibrant colours. Dunno how they are in raid since I have only used 1400 coins there. Prolly same situation.

4. Best Dagger in game outside of TM's. You cant get it later, what if you pull Rem? Also good dagger anyways (without Rem).

4. Exviuswiki | Star Quartz. Usually first thing to grab is Man-Eater materia. Trust Moogle & consumables aren't good invests. Earrings / 2 Earrings might be if mageish party. Black Belt if counters are needed (Snow getting crystals). Force Shield was nice.

Edit: Cat-Ear Hood great for healer.

It will continue fight where it left. But you avoid that one nasty ability.

Holy Lance/Auto-Refresh isn't good?

Rixa

Holy Lance/Auto-Refresh isn't good?

Most of us are swimming in Gungirs. Not sure light element weapon brings something to that soup (how many can equip spear in your party)?.

Auto-Refresh depends, if you have unit that desperately needs 5% mp refresh rate instead +xx% HP or something better materia. Personally Iam doing 3 Emperor's Majesty's to fill the mp refresh. I think it this way:

NRG = You have lots of it
Star Quartz = ~1 per day + some freebies / King Mog stuff

In future Genji Shield might be a good investment, tho very situational.

linkent

Do you guys think i should merge my extra Ludmille to get a 2nd one?
or keep it to get a 3rd?
think It will be fine with 2 (Refia+Cecil) but may need another with 10man trial?

Ken

or keep it to get a 3rd?
think It will be fine with 2 (Refia+Cecil) but may need another with 10man trial?

Two Dualcasts is probably enough, especially since we've entered the "everyone has innate dualcast" and "WoL 6* soon!!!" period.

Rixa

or keep it to get a 3rd?

Two Dualcasts is probably enough, especially since we've entered the "everyone has innate dualcast" and "WoL 6* soon!!!" period.

2 is Definitely enough. I made 2 Dual Casts when Ludmille came last summer and havent needed more. One DC for Cecil and one for Refia. Of you need another healer in 10 man trial, use Y'shtola. I did use Ysh & Ref in Titan trial so its good to have 2 healers anyways.

Babel event done. Funny how when this event first came around it was so brutal with the 4 boss fight then Golbez crazy ass. Took me quite a few tries before I beat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom