• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menchi

I used to have a TON of holy crystals saved up, but I must have eaten through them all leveling up random people with all these king cactuars dropping like candy. I only have 3 left and can't awaken anyone. D'oh!!

Is CoA - INT still the best place to farm those? Does it actually help to bring along Xon/Locke? It's been a looooooong damn time since I had to farm a mat.

I honestly prefer Pro as I always seem to get at least 1 each of Sacred and Holy. Whereas INT and ADV often go with none for either :/

I'm pretty certain Locke makes no difference, and even though Xon has that stronger Treasure Hunter, I think it still doesn't apply as Crystals aren't "rare" loot, but an additional loot... but I'm not certain on him.

Zalasta

The artificial lack of holy crystals is highly frustrating. It's funny how common T4s (sacreds) and T6s (divines) are, but holy crystals are found almost nowhere outside of the awakening vortex, a few story boss levels (why did the latest story release have bosses that never dropped anything?), and the maze (when it shows up maybe once a month a few days).

So incredibly lame.

That's strange, holy crystal has never been a problem for me. Since it is only used for 5* awakening and I believe never more than 5 per unit. I always have a healthy stock of them (in fact, I have about 90 at the moment). Sacred crystal on the other hand is used for 4* as well, not to mention as many as 15 per awakening, even though there are more ways to obtain it, it is still far and away more of a pain to farm in comparison.

I too have noticed that dungeon/exploration bosses no longer drop loot, not in the last 2 story updates if I remembered correctly.

Alkez

On the other hand. Iam using my 100% evade Noctis where I like the Cover chance, could be higher tho. Too bad you cant equip & unequip skills from Espers.

Yeah that's fair. That's an advanced build though that newer players won't be using till much later. As you say, it would be much better if the game allowed you to equip and unequip skills. In due time I guess.

evangd007

How much Lapis does everyone have saved for the anniversary? I'm at 21,000 right now. Hoping for some really good banners as I still don't have any 5* base characters.

55k lapis, 2 4* tickets, 163 tickets.

These will all likely be spent chasing Tidus, Ashe, Rasler, and Ling if she is on an anniversary banner (Gumi plz).

So I'm an idiot. I deleted the wrong macro this morning. Anyone got good screen coordinates for a non lapis refresh macro? I can make it again tonight anyway but mine was a little flawed in that you needed 2 friends on the list and I never really found a way round it.

She is. She was released recently in JPN as a base 5*.

Awesome! If she's a pretty decent unit too I might just splurge it all on the anniversary and start a year long saving spree for her XD

Xion86

Got my first Champion's Belt :) in case I ever need it instead of a Bracer...

Now time to pick my next TM to farm alongside the one Sozhe I have at 70.0%.

I honestly prefer Pro as I always seem to get at least 1 each of Sacred and Holy. Whereas INT and ADV often go with none for either :/

I'm pretty certain Locke makes no difference, and even though Xon has that stronger Treasure Hunter, I think it still doesn't apply as Crystals aren't "rare" loot, but an additional loot... but I'm not certain on him.

Rock on. Thanks for the tips!

Pejo

18-20k lapis (split between phone and PC), 2 4* tickets, 20 regular tickets.

Hyped for anniversary!

Was something announced about anni event yet? I only have 7k Lapis, ~40 tickets and a 4* ticket, but I'll probalby re-up some lapis if the banners are good/have Orlandu. I'm sick of not having one of him.

Almost have my 2nd Setzer maxed out, I'll be ready to try Titan trial soon. That also reminds me I need to start making another Coral Sword for elemental chaining purposes.

Does a team of Setzer/Setzer/Rem/Minfilia/Noctis/Friend Olive sound like a decent composition? I suppose I could swap Noct for Evade Ling for the extra break power.

across

I was doing well on tickets before The Wilhelming but now I'm at 9305 lapis, 32 tickets, 0 4* tickets.

I don't really have any particular expectations regarding the anniversary content, though, so I'm not overly worried. Nor do I have any meaningful holes left in my team, so the thing I'm looking forward to most are some of the pull results here on GAF if there's a set of Player's Favorite banners or something.

Lyrian

That's strange, holy crystal has never been a problem for me. Since it is only used for 5* awakening and I believe never more than 5 per unit. I always have a healthy stock of them (in fact, I have about 90 at the moment). Sacred crystal on the other hand is used for 4* as well, not to mention as many as 15 per awakening, even though there are more ways to obtain it, it is still far and away more of a pain to farm in comparison.

I too have noticed that dungeon/exploration bosses no longer drop loot, not in the last 2 story updates if I remembered correctly.

I've got lots of 6 star awakened units, so I've burnt through almost all of my holy crystals obtained from farming those 70 trophies. But yeah, recent content has gone out of its way to hinder boss crystal drops.

The problem with pro is that it costs twice the energy as int. I think the consensus was that while pro does have a higher drop rate, it wasn't 2x the rate of int.

I really want to participate in this contest but I fear I will have trouble figuring out skillsets... People on Reddit (and I'm sure many of you would have no problems!); just throwing stuff out there like it's nothing but if I get thinking about a unit and where to start with skills, I freeze. Maybe a lack of understanding of the underlying systems ...

pezzie

My preferred method of farming holy/sacred still remains Electric Tower. 7 energy, 4 chances at either crystal drop, then possible sacred crystals on trust bonuses. I've gotten as many as 5 crystals (2 holy drops, 1 sacred drop, 2 sacred trusts) from one run before. Also the benefit of getting a lot more rank xp per energy than running the vortexes.

Does a team of Setzer/Setzer/Rem/Minfilia/Noctis/Friend Olive sound like a decent composition? I suppose I could swap Noct for Evade Ling for the extra break power.

It's funny you mention Olive. I'm about to drop TT (breaks my damn heart to even think this as I love her) and put Olive back on my team. With Olive as a finisher I"m breaking 16.5 million damage. Only seem to be able to push 12-13 million with TT.

For the team you mentioned that's an all out dps team. Setzer's as the chainers, Minfilia for the buffs, Olive as the chain finisher.

Muku

I'm at 40k and 54 tickets. Last time I bought Lapis was the Christmas bundle so all from savings here. Not really aiming for any 5*s. After Aileen I said I'm done chasing. I may go for Ayaka but we'll see.

Nice! I think I have like 40 something tickets. Need to stop wasting one or two here and there. Ugh. Not bad though since I blew all 85 for Orlandu. And still didn't get him with those. Not been in saving mode as much for Lapis. Generally because 10+1 pulls are generally shitastic for me, so I generally rely on tickets.

To be honest, I'm not sure who I am saving up for this point. Just... saving.

I used Tuffy's Ling to get the sword ability from the Dark Espers trial. This fight was taking all night but no worries because I was doing it on the side of other things. Fast forward to bed time and I have both espers at a sliver of health. I know that if Siren dies, Ifrit will get buffs and take longer to kill so I've been working on getting him to about the same level health and I use Alterna to try and kill them both at once. Siren dies and I prepare to finish Ifrit off with the next attack until suddenly he's restored to full health. I had no idea he'd get all his life back. My heart sank and I died a little inside. I stared at my phone as I decided how many bags of D I wanted Dark Ifrit to eat. So many bags. So after consuming the whole evening with that battle, I opted to pass on TM farming because I am damn sure killing this fuck. It sucks that the buff doesn't seem to ever wear off so he doesn't take as much damage but I think all the holy counters being directed his way and not having my mp drained by Siren anymore means more Alterna spam so he should nonetheless lose health far more rapidly.

It hurts gaf, it hurts. Somebody hug me.

So no TM farm today either, just dreaming up how brutally I'm going to massacre that stupid furry when I get home. Die Ifrit, die!

ahem, so no WoL news to cheer me up by any chance?

Adding onto what was already said before....

If you are looking at the strength of Tidus's water attack, then you don't want to to split his attacking element in half by equiping an Excalibur (half water, half light in that scenario).

On the other hand as Alkez and Doctor No pointed out, by equipping the same weapon type in both hands, you give up being able to exploit different weapon masteries on a unit (wielding two swords does not double the benefit of Sword Mastery).

Therefore, assuming you are wielding Tidus's TM sword, to obtain the most ATK benefits via masteries, you would want to equip a non-elemental weapon that you do have a mastery for in the other hand (so that you do not dilute the effectiveness of the water element of the sword).

Very fortunately, by the time Tidus is released, there will be a freebee 103 ATK non-elemental greatsword released with completing the Aurora key set in the back half the current island (so about 2 weeks from now).

Keep in mind (if I'm reading Tidus's loadout in the wiki correctly), that he does not gain innate Sword Mastery for Brotherhood until he receives enhancements (Sun Crest +2).

Ah so blade mastery with genji blade is the way to go and I can ignore this new water sword then. Or I can use the sword materia I'm going to get from Ifrit's corpse and use that with the sword you speak of. So two different elements water each other down? I had no idea unless an enemy had resistance to one of them, of course.

Pejo

It's funny you mention Olive. I'm about to drop TT (breaks my damn heart to even think this as I love her) and put Olive back on my team. With Olive as a finisher I"m breaking 16.5 million damage. Only seem to be able to push 12-13 million with TT.

For the team you mentioned that's an all out dps team. Setzer's as the chainers, Minfilia for the buffs, Olive as the chain finisher.

Hmm, I wonder if that's a bit too much for the trial then. I just wanted to be able to hit thresholds easily, so I was going with the damage focus. Do you think I'd wipe due to not enough mitigation on the trial with this setup? I still haven't tried it yet. Everyone is going to be at 5K hp or higher, not sure if that's enough with Minfilia's Guard Order up.

She's a stronger unenhanced Orlandeau.

Yup I'm saving then!

I used Tuffy's Ling to get the sword ability from the Dark Espers trial. This fight was taking all night but no worries because I was doing it on the side of other things. Fast forward to bed time and I have both espers at a sliver of health. I know that if Siren dies, Ifrit will get buffs and take longer to kill so I've been working on getting him to about the same level health and I use Alterna to try and kill them both at once. Siren dies and I prepare to finish Ifrit off with the next attack until suddenly he's restored to full health. I had no idea he'd get all his life back. My heart sank and I died a little inside. I stared at my phone as I decided how many bags of D I wanted Dark Ifrit to eat. So many bags. So after consuming the whole evening with that battle, I opted to pass on TM farming because I am damn sure killing this fuck. It sucks that the buff doesn't seem to ever wear off so he doesn't take as much damage but I think all the holy counters being directed his way and not having my mp drained by Siren anymore means more Alterna spam so he should nonetheless lose health far more rapidly.

It hurts gaf, it hurts. Somebody hug me.

So no TM farm today either, just dreaming up how brutally I'm going to massacre that stupid furry when I get home. Die Ifrit, die!

ahem, so no WoL news to cheer me up by any chance?

Ah so blade mastery with genji blade is the way to go and I can ignore this new water sword then. Or I can use the sword materia I'm going to get from Ifrit's corpse and use that with the sword you speak of. So two different elements water each other down? I had no idea unless an enemy had resistance to one of them, of course.

Fwiw something similar happened to me. I focused on Siren and got her down after 2 hours. Saw Ifrit was about a third done and thought "hmm maybe I can stay up for this", then he refilled. At that point I just plugged the phone in and went to bed.

The bit that got me good though was when I looked to see if I could make use of it today to discover the best sword I have outside of Genji blade is about ATK 70~ so doubt it will make a difference until I can get Excalibur. XD

One things for sure though. When these TMs pop I'm getting a huge boost.

Alkez

Nice! I think I have like 40 something tickets. Need to stop wasting one or two here and there. Ugh. Not bad though since I blew all 85 for Orlandu. And still didn't get him with those. Not been in saving mode as much for Lapis. Generally because 10+1 pulls are generally shitastic for me, so I generally rely on tickets.

To be honest, I'm not sure who I am saving up for this point. Just... saving.

I only ended up saving that much because I was saving for Aileen. I had 55k when she came out and spent 20k. I was doing dailies for a while after that but haven't done anything for a few weeks because there's nothing I really need at this point. It's a nice feeling tbh. Summoning just stresses me out on this game lol. As you say 10+1's consume so much lapis and rarely give anything worthwhile. I was lucky when I went for Aileen, which is why I'm in the mindset that I won't do it again unless it's a game changing unit.

I only ended up saving that much because I was saving for Aileen. I had 55k when she came out and spent 20k. I was doing dailies for a while after that but haven't done anything for a few weeks because there's nothing I really need at this point. It's a nice feeling tbh. Summoning just stresses me out on this game lol. As you say 10+1's consume so much lapis and rarely give anything worthwhile. I was lucky when I went for Aileen, which is why I'm in the mindset that I won't do it again unless it's a game changing unit.

You have a great outlook and I'm glad it paid off for you. I wish I could be as strong willed as this lol

Hmm, I wonder if that's a bit too much for the trial then. I just wanted to be able to hit thresholds easily, so I was going with the damage focus. Do you think I'd wipe due to not enough mitigation on the trial with this setup? I still haven't tried it yet. Everyone is going to be at 5K hp or higher, not sure if that's enough with Minfilia's Guard Order up.

If you're trying this for the trial you need a tank bro.

Yup I'm saving then!

Fwiw something similar happened to me. I focused on Siren and got her down after 2 hours. Saw Ifrit was about a third done and thought "hmm maybe I can stay up for this", then he refilled. At that point I just plugged the phone in and went to bed.

The bit that got me good though was when I looked to see if I could make use of it today to discover the best sword I have outside of Genji blade is about ATK 70~ so doubt it will make a difference until I can get Excalibur. XD

One things for sure though. When these TMs pop I'm getting a huge boost.

It's so evil, there's no warning that one will get full health after the other dies.... When I did my other run a week or so ago I just used auto on Nox after I got the two espers summons off and walked away so I didn't learn this. Anyway, indeed, you're going to get a huge power boost when you finish some TMs and it's awesome :D I do have a second Excalibur cooking that I could use this materia for but really it just seems like something that's bound to be really useful in the future so whether I have a use for it now or not it's worth grabbing.

Shouta

I did a 10+1 pull for Kevin after saving Lapis from the story and login bonus. I get one rainbow in the middle and it's a new unit and..... it trolls me with Ayaka. I'm not even mad.

I still want Kevin and Hawkeye though.

Alkez

You have a great outlook and I'm glad it paid off for you. I wish I could be as strong willed as this lol

Thanks haha. It was very difficult at times though so I know your struggle. There were many times I wasted tickets on nonsense. But I knew if I didn't want to keep spending money I would need to only go for select units and build a team that can clear content and have good longevity. I did a lot of research into JP and laid out what kind of team I wanted to build (in an excel spreadsheet as sad as that is lol I'm one of those) so that made it a lot easier to resist the temptations when I knew exactly what units and TMs I was waiting for.

I did a 10+1 pull for Kevin after saving Lapis from the story and login bonus. I get one rainbow in the middle and it's a new unit and..... it trolls me with Ayaka. I'm not even mad.

Shouta, this needs to stop. This luck...unbelievable. Congrats again man.

Muku

Ugh, this is my worst fear....hopefully RNGesus will bless you on the Tidus banner.

I'm thinking Tidus banner may be the next one I throw all my tickets at, but we'll see.

I got lucky with Orlandu though. I was so disheartened after blowing the whole wad for him. Tickets are where my luck comes from. I then started reading GAF impressions about getting their Orlandu. Seemed everyone was having good luck with 10+1. It's rare I actually do those as they tend to be a pile of garbage. But GAF didn't lead me astray. I did a hail mary pull of 10+1 and he was waiting inside the Rainbow there, thank god. Was totally worth the few moments of grief while trying to get him. He's my best unit right now.

I'm curious to see what the Anniversary stuff brings.

Edit: LOL. No summon a unit today so skipped on main account. I pull every day though on alt because dear god throw me a bone already. 1/2 pull: Cerieus. (FFS, seriously?) Use ticket from daily. Blue -> Gold .. Soleil. Fuck.

Lyrian

Wow Titan trial is fucked. Completely wiping my team and I'm following that Reddit guide to a T. Or so I thought.

Titan trial has a big RNG factor to it. The bigger challenge is surviving the 11 or 12 turns using the given strategy and not having RNG screw you over.

Phase 1 isnt bad (1st 4 turns), but at Phase 2, Tumult damage ramps up significantly. At that point, RNG will wipe you if Titan rolls Tumult 6-7x in a given turn (he gets 10 attack rolls per round).

What Silver said :)

Rixa

Yeah that's fair. That's an advanced build though that newer players won't be using till much later. As you say, it would be much better if the game allowed you to equip and unequip skills. In due time I guess.

Indeed we need to wait like few years, but Iam fairly sure they will bring it at some point.

My preferred method of farming holy/sacred still remains Electric Tower. 7 energy, 4 chances at either crystal drop, then possible sacred crystals on trust bonuses. I've gotten as many as 5 crystals (2 holy drops, 1 sacred drop, 2 sacred trusts) from one run before. Also the benefit of getting a lot more rank xp per energy than running the vortexes.

Hey thanks for sharing this. Iam not needing any crystals since my pull luck 2017 has been very bad and I have over 150 Holy & Sacred crystals left.

Pejo

A few weeks ago I wouldn't even understand what this meant, but after finding out about Ayaka, I am truly jealous. What a unit, congrats!

Lyrian

Grats on the "troll" rainbow!

I wouldn't be mad either at that outcome.

Perfect!
Thank you very much. I'll give that a whirl.

Titan trial has a big RNG factor to it. The bigger challenge is surviving the 11 or 12 turns using the given strategy and not having RNG screw you over.

Phase 1 isnt bad (1st 4 turns), but at Phase 2, Tumult damage ramps up significantly. At that point, RNG will wipe you if Titan rolls Tumult 6-7x in a given turn (he gets 10 attack rolls per round).

What Silver said :)

Tumult RNG can wipe you no matter what you do, so yeah even if you have the right strategy you have to rely on getting lucky he doesn't decide to spam.

Thanks all, yea it seems that way after doing a few more runs. I can't figure out the best party. I got the farthest removing one of my Setzers and adding Olive but not really viable chaining there. I got the core down and wasn't able to deal enough damage.

Rixa

Thanks all, yea it seems that way after doing a few more runs. I can't figure out the best party. I got the farthest removing one of my Setzers and adding Olive but not really viable chaining there. I got the core down and wasn't able to deal enough damage.

Grab my Noctis so you don't need to worry about Tumult. If bastard does Landslide do the dirty trick. Phase after heart 2 Wieght of the Lands in one turn will kill my Noc if it doesnt have Thunder Flask on. So do the dirty trick. Use Point Warp if needed. Use Warp Break, Thunder Flask, Warp Break, Thunder Flask...

I just hate rng bullshit in these trials, they aint fair if you cant "ohko" trials.
Be prepared for long fight tho :p.

tuffymon

Ouch ><; sorry you two, I thought you both knew that the other kinda "raged" and refilled, sorry! At least you both have a nice Tm for the trouble~

pezzie

Perfect!
Thank you very much. I'll give that a whirl.

As with all RNG based things, remember that this has peaks and valleys. You can go 4 runs without getting anything, then get one run getting 4 crystals. It's not that it doesn't work, I farmed it a lot yesterday even because I'm running out of units to throw my cacti into. Run it with a team of units all at 100% TM and you'll have a good shot at getting extra sacreds at the end.

bonkeng

Ayaka..... Troll.....lol.

You've been having amazing luck lately, Gratz.

Yep the daily pulls been garbage lately, gadly today i got a Shizuru the best i got last 15 days :S

Actually forgot todays and might just skip it. I can't fully remember the last time I saw something other than blue. It was either at the start of the XV banner or another of the steady stream of Zyrus' that seem to have eaten all my luck on the banner before that.

Ouch ><; sorry you two, I thought you both knew that the other kinda "raged" and refilled, sorry! At least you both have a nice Tm for the trouble~

It's no problem at all! I was just leaving it running whilst listening to a podcast anyway and deciding whether to wait around for it or not, just glad to have that TM which should be put to fantastic use.

Muku

Actually forgot todays and might just skip it. I can't fully remember the last time I saw something other than blue. It was either at the start of the XV banner or another of the steady stream of Zyrus' that seem to have eaten all my luck on the banner before that.

Still WTB a fucking Zyrus on my main so I can clear up space. My Golds... when they do show up, are Garnet. Because.... Garnet.
Fuck you Dagger.
Dailies have been super garbage last few months. And getting units on banner? Can give that up.

On another note, I started FFXIV for the first time this weekend and recently got to the seventh scion portion of the story which means I actually know who the hell Minfillia, Y'shtola, and the other three units in the current Raid banner are now. With this new knowledge, Minfillia is now number one waifu and she has an accent to boot. It's weird that Y'shtola is a 5* base instead of her considering she's the leader of the group. Clearly someone at Alim is biased ;p Anyway, much more interesting seeing them in FFBE now that I've been introduced to their characters proper. Also, finally got a Y'shtola thanks to the individual reward. I'm surprised how few of points it took to get here considering you had to have over a million to get her during Ifrit which is why I wasn't able to then since I could only handle Pro level for him. I'll go ahead and grab her gear but don't know that I'll use her since I have Refia with DC but nice to have in my back pocket I expect.

So I just got to this part in FF 14 as well, and I have the same question lol. Why the hell is Y'sthola the FF 14 character that is used in most things? Base 5* here the FF 14 rep for Dissidia. Minfilia needs more love. Also I keep forgetting to add you. Once I start playing I just lock in. Guess I will get on my phone and do it so I don't forget again.

Shouta

Thanks haha. It was very difficult at times though so I know your struggle. There were many times I wasted tickets on nonsense. But I knew if I didn't want to keep spending money I would need to only go for select units and build a team that can clear content and have good longevity. I did a lot of research into JP and laid out what kind of team I wanted to build (in an excel spreadsheet as sad as that is lol I'm one of those) so that made it a lot easier to resist the temptations when I knew exactly what units and TMs I was waiting for.

Shouta, this needs to stop. This luck...unbelievable. Congrats again man.

A few weeks ago I wouldn't even understand what this meant, but after finding out about Ayaka, I am truly jealous. What a unit, congrats!

Grats on the "troll" rainbow!

I wouldn't be mad either at that outcome.

Ayaka..... Troll.....lol.

You've been having amazing luck lately, Gratz.

It is a troll! I wanted Kevin but I'm OK with this, lol. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom