• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

Dear Gumi,

I would like to ask that you please consider Garland in your next round of boosts. He has been languishing in obscurity since... forever. He was a great first non-FP pull. He did however come out of a Rainbow before I knew that I was lucky as hell. (My second pull, right after Garland, literally just seconds later, was a Rainbow Kuja, whom would also enjoy some love.) I would like to ask that you please give Garland his 6* at this point. I used him so long on my main and I would thoroughly enjoy bringing him back into the fold. He's also threatening to kill me in my sleep if I don't use him again soon. (He doesn't get that he is holding me back in his current form.)

I would also greatly appreciate this on my alt account. Why? Because the ONLY Rainbow I've pulled on that account since starting (after the initial start of Rainbow Delita and Trollainbow Gaffgarion) was Ace. Yes. Ace. On banner. I've not got much to my name here and I think Garland would at least add something to this group that I cannot seem to pull.

He would be a great addition to both accounts. And I really enjoy Garland. I am even going to work on Doublehand soon on Alt... and in a while to come my main. (I would make it priority over some of Orlandu's stuff if he comes out in 6* form.) So please, stop making some of these initial characters from start of the game stew in a pool of suckyness. They would like their time to come to stop sucking... even if only a little bit.

Thank you.

Garland Fan,

Muku

On a side note, other day finally broke Mercedes 4* cap on alt. Got those damn Sacred's. Had enough King Cactaur that I went through all of 5*... broke that cap and then capped her at 100 with King Cactaur left, which is amazing. These things are awesome... too bad I don't have units to use them on worth a shit! I've replaced Chizuru. Only thing I think right now with Mercedes is she doesn't have her own axe and is using Giga Axe or whatever from a recent event. Not sure if I should continue working on Blade Mastery as priority or work on her Axe now.

robotuw

Just saw the strangest arena group yet: Ling, Delita, Xon, and two Garnets. I'd almost think it was a TM squad except for Xon.

creid

just hide the entire time for large sword mastery. if you want the moogle you have to make a separate run and bring 2 hiders (to suicide summon)

Since the start of the fight does 30% dark resist down, Ling should just defend until it wears off, but use chakra if necessary. After the debuff wears off, you're invincible. I recommend locking onto Ifrit and killing him first, as the other way around he gets a permanent defense boost if Siren dies first...
Tuffy, I might try out your unit tonight for the Esper trial if you don't mind leaving Ling up for a bit.

Looks like 2 different *special announcements* for Exvius during E3, and another livestream on Day 3.

Alkez

So I just got to this part in FF 14 as well, and I have the same question lol. Why the hell is Y'sthola the FF 14 character that is used in most things? Base 5* here the FF 14 rep for Dissidia. Minfilia needs more love. Also I keep forgetting to add you. Once I start playing I just lock in. Guess I will get on my phone and do it so I don't forget again.

Ah dude I just saw the PS4 trailer for that earlier today. Looks so good, especially seeing some of the older characters in HD 3D models.

XenoId

Read the tips from you guys and did the Titan trial and destroyed him in like 5 rounds. Think i got superlucky with the rng and Orlandue OP chains.

Party:
Noctis
Ling
Refia
Cecil
Orlandue
Friendlandu

Thanks to Valentus and Tuffy for making my Orlandue a monster by carrying me through Dark espers/ Gilga trials.

So I just got to this part in FF 14 as well, and I have the same question lol. Why the hell is Y'sthola the FF 14 character that is used in most things? Base 5* here the FF 14 rep for Dissidia. Minfilia needs more love. Also I keep forgetting to add you. Once I start playing I just lock in. Guess I will get on my phone and do it so I don't forget again.
I'm telling you it has to be some sort of fetish for her race. She hasn't had much personality as far as I am yet but I haven't done a major scion mission in the territory she covers. I just completed the one for Gridania which Ydr and Pompy cover. If this were Mass Effect I'd be romancing Minfilia for sure :p So you must be close to level 21? I'm close to hitting 27 and just got gated for the first time on a story mission before stopping as you have to be 27 to start it. Looks like I'll finally do some side quests again ;p

No worries, I saw you sent a request on my phone while I made a quick food run, I'll accept it when I hop on tonight :) It'd be cool to do the dungeon runs with a friend instead of all randoms and we could hook each other up with the commendation or whatever it is at the end haha What class are you? I did Pugilist to become a Monk because Monks share gear with Samurai and I plan on being a SAM once StrormBlood hits. When I get to level 50 anyway.
It is a troll! I wanted Kevin but I'm OK with this, lol. Thanks!
#I do not think that word means what you think it means. Congrats! I definitely want her when she comes out and healer (along with tank) seems to be the type of unit the game likes to give me so maybe I will actually get her haha That said, none of them have been base 5* except Y'shtola who I don't count since it was via the individual raid awards.
I have generally skipped the story in this game, but starting at Olderion it has gotten really good and kinda touching.
It gets pretty interesting with humorous notes through out so I'd keep paying attention :)
Tuffy, I might try out your unit tonight for the Esper trial if you don't mind leaving Ling up for a bit.

Looks like 2 different *special announcements* for Exvius during E3, and another livestream on Day 3.

For the love of god, kill Ifrit first!

Hmm do we have to wait until then for WoL 6* news? haha Will be mostly Anniversary talk, of course. Just give me the FFX banner already, dammit.

You know coliseum is a joke when you accidentally roll in with a TM squad with no espers on INT and you still win it. Sure not complaining about the free lapis though.

Shouta

Finally took down that damn Tree for the Holy Wand Zodiac weapon. Took a bunch of tries but did it using Sage Sakura as my main damage dealer. Owari no Gourai (her Super Thundaja) was the main source of damage and I finished off the tree with a chain that used that as a closer for 2 million damage a shot at a meager 900 MAG, lol. She seriously is a crazy unit.

I'm telling you it has to be some sort of fetish for her race. She hasn't had much personality as far as I am yet but I haven't done a major scion mission in the territory she covers. I just completed the one for Gridania which Ydr and Pompy cover. If this were Mass Effect I'd be romancing Minfilia for sure :p So you must be close to level 21? I'm close to hitting 27 and just got gated for the first time on a story mission before stopping as you have to be 27 to start it. Looks like I'll finally do some side quests again ;p

No worries, I saw you sent a request on my phone while I made a quick food run, I'll accept it when I hop on tonight :) It'd be cool to do the dungeon runs with a friend instead of all randoms and we could hook each other up with the commendation or whatever it is at the end haha What class are you? I did Pugilist to become a Monk because Monks share gear with Samurai and I plan on being a SAM once StrormBlood hits. When I get to level 50 anyway.

Well, the character I have on Ultros is a Gladiator right now, and level 15? I think. However, I have a 20 something conj. on a different server that I played the first week the game launched. I went to play him to see if I liked the caster playstyle because I couldn't remember what it was like, and I just happened to do a few things with the Scions. I also realized I hate casters so back to the Gladiator. In the end I will be going for Paladin.

jnWake

They still haven't given Golbez a 6 star in Japan, this is an affront to all that is good, they fucking buffed FF9 before him!

FFIV will have to wait a while, FFVI needs to be buffed first, not to mention total lack of FFVII and VIII.

They should be faster with this game

Lyrian

We will get 6* wol before 6* WoL Lmao.

OMG, I'm dying here. Twice even.

Gumi: We've heard your pleas for months for 6* WoL!

Players: Finally?

Gumi: Yes! Here's 6* WoL (Mobius)! [Not mentioned: 5* base unit]

Players: ....

Gumi: What? We gave you exactly what you were asking for. You wanted 6* WoL, correct? Here he is. Were you expecting something else? /evilgrin

This would be a perfectly delicious example of "be careful what you wish for..."

Celegus

Ahhhhh soooo hype if that actually happens! If Mobius Wol comes to exvius (and is decent) goodbye hoard! Chase the rainbow!!

Svafnir

Cloud is in the game. Only in JPN right now. He is however the only unit from 7 and none from 8 so far.

Most big name units will probably come when Alim needs a money spike to be honest and we will get them months later

Oh cool! Is cloud good? I wanna save for him... but when the hell would we even get. How long ago did Japan get him?

Broseybrose

Finally beat the True Titan Trial after a few tries since it appeared.

Noctis
Cecil
Aileen
Sakura (for that 30% damage mitigation skill)
Yshtola
Friendlandu

Unfortunately I had to use an item as my Friendlandu didnt have petrify resist - HAVOK. ;)

@Muku - I dont know who Im saving for either, just saving til something I really want comes along.

25K Lapis, 51 Tix, One 4* ticket.

Broke the 10M Gil mark yesterday! That's a lotta gil! Lid is happy!

Oh cool! Is cloud good? I wanna save for him... but when the hell would we even get. How long ago did Japan get him?

Not sure, I think he is good but I stopped paying attention to JPN stuff since ours can be different. He came out I think in Feb. I believe. We are like 7ish months behind them I think. Maybe more because of our exclusive stuff.

Emilbus

Thanks Tuffy, finished Dark Espers last night. Took me almost 3 hours. Just left it on in the background while I played Nier.

I just finished the Water Shrine and I got to say the story is surprisingly good, especially for this type of game. I'm compelled to keep playing it not just for the sweet, sweet lapis rewards.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Did the Titan Trial today, but got tried and did the reset trick to clear it perfectly.

Trial was horseshit after I found out it was based purely on RNG. Because even having every Defensive buff up, you can still get entirely one shotted. Between Cheer, Golem, and Ysho's LB. And still having every

I still need to do the plant at some point.

When does the countdown timer for friend units start? When you begin a stage or finish it?

Main reason I ask this question is because I will need to run the Dark Esper trial twice, once for no deaths and a second time for the esper summonings. I'm using Tuffy's Ling and I know the battle will take hours to complete. I'm trying to gauge if I'll have to wait another 3 hours afterwards or if I can start rerolling the FL immediately for round 2.

Well, the character I have on Ultros is a Gladiator right now, and level 15? I think. However, I have a 20 something conj. on a different server that I played the first week the game launched. I went to play him to see if I liked the caster playstyle because I couldn't remember what it was like, and I just happened to do a few things with the Scions. I also realized I hate casters so back to the Gladiator. In the end I will be going for Paladin.

Nice! It should be awesome having a friend that's a tank, would save a lot of time in the queue haha Now we just find a gaf friend that's a healer and we will be complete.

Now then, time to finish this fight with stupid Dark Ifrit. I sure hope this sword materia comes in handy in the future! I'm sure it will, could as early as Tidus depending on how it measures up against blade mastery with Genji Blade. The only strong GS I have at the moment is Excalibur and if I should mix it with Brotherhood...I'll have to wait for that sword Lyrian mentioned. I should probably get around to TM farming Save the Queen.

Celegus

Nice! It should be awesome having a friend that's a tank, would save a lot of time in the queue haha Now we just find a gaf friend that's a healer and we will be complete.

Now then, time to finish this fight with stupid Dark Ifrit. I sure hope this sword materia comes in handy in the future! I'm sure it will, could as early as Tidus depending on how it measures up against blade mastery with Genji Blade. The only strong GS I have at the moment is Excalibur and if I should mix it with Brotherhood...I'll have to wait for that sword Lyrian mentioned. I should probably get around to TM farming Save the Queen.

Save the Queen is meh, you can get a nearly equal greatsword for free for doing the aurora vault keys.

Save the Queen is meh, you can get a nearly equal greatsword for free for doing the aurora vault keys.

That's why I never bothered farming it. I forgot where he said you get the other one, that's right, from the keys. Now I just have to see how much of a pain it'd be to get them all hehe I have a handful or so on me right now that I haven't cashed in yet now that I think about it.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
What should be my next TM if I have all the best ones available to me? I have 3 DWs, 2 black cowls, 4 bracers, and Noctis and Yun are essentially maxed with what I have available.

I have a Mercedes I want to play with and a Reberta, thigh I did grab her weapon from the last raid. I have a Refia and a Yshtola. No Snow or Gilga or Ramza.

Any fun TMs I might have missed? I have ring of lucii and a ribbon in the oven. 20 sided dice? Loaded dice or w/e Setzer's thing is called?

Help?

across

What should be my next TM if I have all the best ones available to me? I have 3 DWs, 2 black cowls, 4 bracers, and Noctis and Yun are essentially maxed with what I have available.

I have a Mercedes I want to play with and a Reberta, thigh I did grab her weapon from the last raid. I have a Refia and a Yshtola. No Snow or Gilga or Ramza.

Any fun TMs I might have missed? I have ring of lucii and a ribbon in the oven. 20 sided dice? Loaded dice or w/e Setzer's thing is called?

Help?

Grab Sazh's TM for evade antics, probably. Pick up some defensive TMs like Elle, Guy, Celes. Sozhe's TM is good. Status immunity TMs (Seven, Tilith, Kefka) are a big QOL improvement in Arena and situationally useful for trials. Lastly, you could always work on some caster TMs in case they're ever relevant...

Kouriozan

More than 200k raid coins later~

Yl94UZ4l.jpg

Need more Y'shtola!
Also took me almost one hour to fuse everyone @_@

Shouta

Decided to buy some Lapis for pulls after getting Ayaka this morning. Got enough for 3 10+1s. Got nothing on my first pull. got a 3rd Randi on my second pull and Kevin on my last pull. I was hoping to get him on my first or second pull so I could try for Hawkeye but I can't complain too much, I guess. It's gonna be hard to get him now though. =(

Lyrian

More than 200k raid coins later~

Also took me almost one hour to fuse everyone @_@

Sitting on 250k right now... fearing the day I have to actually turn these in.

And that is why I don't let raid coins pile up to eleventy billion and two before using them.

Actually, now that I think about it, I can't remember in any raid where I've let raid coins get about 40-50k without using them all in one sitting.

And that is why I don't let raid coins pile up to eleventy billion and two before using them.

Actually, now that I think about it, I can't remember in any raid where I've let raid coins get about 40-50k without using them all in one sitting.

Same.
I can't imagine spending a hour clearing something like that out.
Actually I can imagine it, and it sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom