• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

pezzie

Normally I use them in 50k batches, but I've been letting them pile up now cause I'm out of units I really wanna level up with the cacti. I'm hoping the next few daily pulls will get me something I wanna get to max.

Celegus

Normally I use them in 50k batches, but I've been letting them pile up now cause I'm out of units I really wanna level up with the cacti. I'm hoping the next few daily pulls will get me something I wanna get to max.

Yep this is why I haven't. Nobody to level, hoping maybe I'll stumble into one before the raid summon is over (June 22nd I believe). I can just poke at it while playing Persona or something, but I sure wouldn't mind a "summon all" button. And honestly I think doing it all at once is easier than in batches.

Lyrian

Yep this is why I haven't. Nobody to level, hoping maybe I'll stumble into one before the raid summon is over (June 22nd I believe). I can just poke at it while playing Persona or something, but I sure wouldn't mind a "summon all" button. And honestly I think doing it all at once is easier than in batches.

And the game would crash in an instant from overflow issues just like it did back at launch when people tried to claim all from the friend gift box when there was more than 100 gifts to claim. Memory issues on lower end (but officially supported) phones just wouldn't allow that to be feasible, although that would be a nice QoL feature.

My brain is melting. I just got the Emperor from my EX 4-star+ ticket I got from purchasing Lapis.

Are you sure you aren't one of Hippo's alt accounts?

Same.
I can't imagine spending a hour clearing something like that out.
Actually I can imagine it, and it sucks.

I'm having to go that route right now. I want Y'shtola maxed out but I'm a few mats short of awakening. Figured I'll stockpile the coins until the mats come along and do a mass levelling. Not sure what I'll do with the spares though. Have 5 of her so far and 50k coins so I guess I'll be getting some TM's.

tuffymon

Alright, I'll go over Ling the Dark Esper killer trial again since I've had several new friend requests and others taking the trial on.

Ling will take damage the first 5 turns due to the -dark debuff, defend and use chakra as necessary, once it wears off, she won't take any more damage for the rest of the fight. You have to bring someone to initialize the fight, so bring someone that can hide IF you want the Large Sword Mastery IE no deaths. I suggest targeting Ifrit and taking him down first, due to him getting a defense boost if Siren dies first. THIS WILL MAKE THE OTHER HAVE FULL HP AGAIN. So be careful. With my Ling it is NOT possible to get the moogle in the SAME run, and if you want it... the easiest way to do so is a run with TWO hiders, and let one suicide summon, and then do the other when the summon meter recharges. I recommend that once your invincibility kicks in, target lock Ifrit attack / hide and make a macro to hit repeat. This takes several hours. Be prepared for the long haul. You CAN speed it up a little by casting Alterna here and there, but be careful with your hider, as you might make them Leeeeerrroooy sooner then necessary (or at all).

If anyone needs to do this trial, I've opened more slots up, and will keep doing so as necessary (until it hits max of course).

Awwww crap, I just remembered that maint is tonight. I may have screwed myself over with this Dark Esper fight. I started it around 8pm and it's midnight now. Ifrit is down and Siren is ~95% HP. I don't think this will end before maintenance. I hadn't collected my daily rewards yet AND if it doesn't end in time I'll probably have to redo the whole thing tomorrow. :/

Andvary

Awwww crap, I just remembered that maint is tonight. I may have screwed myself over with this Dark Esper fight. I started it around 8pm and it's midnight now. Ifrit is down and Siren is ~95% HP. I don't think this will end before maintenance. I hadn't collected my daily rewards yet AND if it doesn't end in time I'll probably have to redo the whole thing tomorrow. :/

I think stopping the auto-attack just before the kill and resuming after maintenance would work.

I finished up the Drak espers for the moogle I missed last time so I give you my thanks tuffy. Seems like your ling is better suited now compared to the last time I used her. She took no damage this time making it easier to do thr run.

Shouta

Don't you think Hippo could be one of my hidden accounts!?

Lol you've been on a streak lately!

BTW how many rainbows have you got since the 3% rate up? I think I got 8.

Hmm,

Sage Sakura
Randi x2
Ayaka
Riesz
DKC
Kevin
Emperor

Was FF9 after the rate up? Or was it before? If after, then Eiko as well.

So about 8 for me too.

Hippo is to GL as Shouta is to JP lmao!

Lucky day only! I get lots of dry periods. Didn't get the 5-star during Nier Automata for example!

I think stopping the auto-attack just before the kill and resuming after maintenance would work.
Possibly. I'm more concerned with losing out on the dailies, though :/. Mainly the Kelsus Shards and Lapis. I knew the battle would take hours, but I didn't expect it to take more than 6. I left it macroing while I watched some movies. I came back 4 hours later expecting to see it done so I could claim my daily rewards and TM farm before running it again (I forgot all about maint).

Edit:
Use your Blue phantoma people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! use it or lose it!
Crap! COMPLETELY forgot about this too. I always get forgetful during weeks where I'm just TMing and not actively doing stuff. Alas, this is certainly more important than 40 NRG and a few hours "wasted" running a repeat macro.

150k Phantoma ... not sure which Crysts to get, though. o_o

fionel

Sage Sakura
Randi x2
Ayaka
Riesz
DKC
Kevin
Emperor

Was FF9 after the rate up? Or was it before? If after, then Eiko as well.

So about 8 for me too.

FF9 was before the rate up. FF10 was the beginning of it.

Wow crazy luck you got for the current event, so you got Randi x 2, Riesz, Kevin (!), DKC and Emperor all in this event? That's pretty nuts. Did you buy any lapis for all these pulls?

I think I got pretty lucky since the rate up too for getting 8 rainbows as well in the last 40 days or so. I'm entirely f2p though so I'm just wondering how the 3% has been for you and other JP players. Before the rate up I used to expect to get 1 rainbow approx. every 3 months, but the 3% doesn't seem to merely bump up the probability 3 times (ie, 1 rainbow a month) and it just feels substantially more probable.

Shouta

FF9 was before the rate up. FF10 was the beginning of it.

Wow crazy luck you got for the current event, so you got Randi x 2, Riesz, Kevin (!), DKC and Emperor all in this event? That's pretty nuts. Did you buy any lapis for all these pulls?

Kevin, 1 Randi and Emperor were from my Lapis purchase, 3 Multi-pulls though the Emperor was from my EX ticket. Everything else was from free tickets and Lapis.

Broseybrose

Possibly. I'm more concerned with losing out on the dailies, though :/. Mainly the Kelsus Shards and Lapis. I knew the battle would take hours, but I didn't expect it to take more than 6. I left it macroing while I watched some movies. I came back 4 hours later expecting to see it done so I could claim my daily rewards and TM farm before running it again (I forgot all about maint).

Edit:

Crap! COMPLETELY forgot about this too. I always get forgetful during weeks where I'm just TMing and not actively doing stuff. Alas, this is certainly more important than 40 NRG and a few hours "wasted" running a repeat macro.

150k Phantoma ... not sure which Crysts to get, though. o_o

Man, if I was you, and in this case I wish I was, I would get Power and Support Giancrysts.

Im pretty sure I heard that the game gives you Purecrysts fairly regularly and the real bottleneck is Giancrysts.

Congrats on Emperor Shouta!
Chilly? Are you still out there? We miss you!

Rixa

My brain is melting. I just got the Emperor from my EX 4-star+ ticket I got from purchasing Lapis.

Lol you've been on a streak lately!

BTW how many rainbows have you got since the 3% rate up? I think I got 8.

Hippo is to GL as Shouta is to JP lmao!

Haha talking about luck. Grats for all those rainbows you got.
Is 3 Randi's enough, can you use them as chains & finisher?

Damn. That Japanese version rainbow rate up is really interesting me. I feel like it would be smarter to save everything until that goes into effect. That way the pool of 5* units will be greater so not pulling a banner unit won't bother me. Question is, can I stay strong? Lol

Ken

Damn. That Japanese version rainbow rate up is really interesting me. I feel like it would be smarter to save everything until that goes into effect. That way the pool of 5* units will be greater so not pulling a banner unit won't bother me. Question is, can I stay strong? Lol

No.

Gumi will delay that until the heat death of the universe

GG-Duo

That could be half a year away though. In the mean time there's story and trials and events, and power creep will continue...

Chinner

Banned
Is anyone officially bored of Exvius? Not finding Gumi to do anything interesting as of late and all of the banners have been consistently shit for awhile now. Also got a Switch and BOTW which may have accelerated its death.

Thinking I might need to take a break. Hell, seems like I might have to quit if I can't pull Tidus. The game is making it clearly that if you're not in the chaining meta then you're a low tier scrub.

Alkez

I remember last week someone on Reddit made a post about making a Manchester Charity bundle with some Ariana gear on top of the usual stuff. Cool that they've gone for it. I didn't get the last bundle because I questioned the value in regards to my currency but I may just get this out of principle.

across

Is anyone officially bored of Exvius? Not finding Gumi to do anything interesting as of late and all of the banners have been consistently shit for awhile now. Also got a Switch and BOTW which may have accelerated its death.

Thinking I might need to take a break. Hell, seems like I might have to quit if I can't pull Tidus. The game is making it clearly that if you're not in the chaining meta then you're a low tier scrub.

I view games like this as maintainence games. Think of it like tending a small garden. You don't need to be in there with your hands all in the middle of everything constantly - in fact, by doing that you're probably going to make things worse. You go in, check to see how things are, see if there's anything new that needs your attention, do a bit here and there, and then you walk away.

If you leave it alone for weeks or months then you're probably going to come back to a disaster zone you don't know what to do with, but if you miss a couple days here and there, it's going to be fine.

But yeah you probably want to salt the earth and walk away if you can't get a beefy chain DPS in the next month or so. I'd wait until the end of the anniversary content, whatever that content is, to make a final call.

Rixa

I have no idea. The trial is still going.

Oh right lol. Maybe it would be good to pause it before you kill the boss if maintenance hasnt finished? And after maintenance has finished you do the kill and end the battle. W prolly need to download stuff after maintenance.

Visceir

Didn't have any of the powerhouse 5* chainers up until recently on JP and did just fine. This is pretty much the point where all the 4* are going to have decent chain moves too. Amelia can chain, Rikku can chain, Rasler/Ashe can chain, Blanc...all decent chainers that are 4* and in next upcoming banners.

They've also got the anniversary coming up which will probably offer lots of free stuff and good exclusive equipment.

The banners being shit for a while now part isn't really true either, considering GL had the dragoon banner not too long ago.

J-Tier

Oh right lol. Maybe it would be good to pause it before you kill the boss if maintenance hasnt finished? And after maintenance has finished you do the kill and end the battle. W prolly need to download stuff after maintenance.

I probably won't be able to kill the boss for another hour to an hour 30. I'll just let it run while I sleep and hope for the best lol.

BTW, your Noctis has been doing work on ELT Titan for me.

Lucreto

I might try that dark summons battle if the Character is up until Tuesday.

I am watching Sonys E3 conference live at 2am and need something to mess around with until then.

Syntsui

How can someone datamine something that hasn't even be added to the game to be datamined.

Also, we are getting increased stamina but not the inventory increase, this really worries me.

Celegus

I view games like this as maintainence games. Think of it like tending a small garden. You don't need to be in there with your hands all in the middle of everything constantly - in fact, by doing that you're probably going to make things worse. You go in, check to see how things are, see if there's anything new that needs your attention, do a bit here and there, and then you walk away.

If you leave it alone for weeks or months then you're probably going to come back to a disaster zone you don't know what to do with, but if you miss a couple days here and there, it's going to be fine.

But yeah you probably want to salt the earth and walk away if you can't get a beefy chain DPS in the next month or so. I'd wait until the end of the anniversary content, whatever that content is, to make a final call.
Excellent way to put it! Moderation is definitely key. Though to be honest I'm pretty surprised that I still get so dang excited for every little thing every week in this game, even a year later. Easily my game of the year last year and it honestly hasn't let up at all for me.

I forget, is Ultros/Typhon (Mr Chupon) today or tomorrow? May have to hold off on it if it's tomorrow, gotta get those sweet sweet story mission crysts.

Excellent way to put it! Moderation is definitely key. Though to be honest I'm pretty surprised that I still get so dang excited for every little thing every week in this game, even a year later. Easily my game of the year last year and it honestly hasn't let up at all for me.

I forget, is Ultros/Typhon (Mr Chupon) today or tomorrow? May have to hold off on it if it's tomorrow, gotta get those sweet sweet story mission crysts.

The trial is today after maintenance. I'm looking forward to obliterating the first two levels and getting utterly destroyed on ELT until a strategy comes out.

c-murph

I remember last week someone on Reddit made a post about making a Manchester Charity bundle with some Ariana gear on top of the usual stuff. Cool that they've gone for it. I didn't get the last bundle because I questioned the value in regards to my currency but I may just get this out of principle.

Oh, I remember seeing that post. I think everyone was pretty much for it. That's pretty awesome of GUMI to listen in and do it. I'll buy whatever comes up. Even if it's just a single cryst.

I haven't done the Dark Esper trial yet... Is there a way to cheese it like Girugamesh?

Xion86

Yey, game is up! :D

Daily: Garland

Definitely not...unfortunately it's become a part of my daily routine now and already put a lot into it :( but I enjoy logging in to progress further each time I play. Also we're getting Event after event and quite a lot of Trials/Raids lately with not much break in between. Been sticking to Daily pulls too, only person I'm really interested in going all out for is Cloud! Also I love being a part of this community :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom