• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

Not going to bother with this challenge, straight up insane.
We're at that point where delaying key units like WoL and Tilith don't make any sense at all.
I already said I woudn't bother until Ramza enhancement, even if it takes 3 months.

Looks like Gumi buffed them too : https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...ront&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=FFBraveExvius

Ultros Wave 1: +700 MP +150 DEF +20 SPR
Ultros Wave 2: +1000 MP +200 DEF -5 SPR
Typhon: +1200 MP +100 DEF +200 SPR

Alkez

So I just did the Titan Trial (2 Aileens just wreck it) but I didn't get the esper summon. Is it worth trying again to get it done? While I would like the Wind-up Titan I don't know if it's worth a minimum of 40 NRG (assuming I can prolong the fight without dying first time round).

It seems our trials are now inline with JPs. Completely impossible when they first come out lmao.

I view games like this as maintainence games. Think of it like tending a small garden.
Excellent way to put it! Moderation is definitely key. Though to be honest I'm pretty surprised that I still get so dang excited for every little thing every week in this game, even a year later. Easily my game of the year last year and it honestly hasn't let up at all for me.

I agree, that analogy is spot on. It's what I like about the game. I like that if I don't feel like I playing I can just set up TM farming with the knowledge that when I do feel like playing I won't be massively behind the curve. I've been burnt out before and TM farming seemed like a hassle back then, but I knew I would regret not doing it and now I'm enjoying the game again I'm glad I didn't stop with my daily "maintenance" haha.

It was also my game of the year last year. Even when you exclude TM farming I put way more hours into this than any other game last year.

Visceir

Went and gave ultros trial a try for curiousity's sake. Fryevia chains oneshot ultros stage1. In second stage I could drop Typhoon to 50% hp in one turn before my party fell apart. I imagine things might have worked out had I gotten Cecil's LB full in stage1 and casted fire res buff turn1 on stage2 along with using Cecil's lb for stat buffs.

Would be also interesting to just try to get rid of Ultros first and just deal with the consequences of getting one of your units snorted away, but there are probably more repercussions than that to it.

So I just did the Titan Trial (2 Aileens just wreck it) but I didn't get the esper summon. Is it worth trying again to get it done?

Absolutely

I was not expecting that 30 free stam today. Does that mean were near the anniversary event now? It was that literally all were getting for the anniversary?

Decided to give the new ELT trial a whirl. Got through the first round or Orthros solo without much issue, although it did take a while.

Went into the second round against the duo bosses and got absolutely destroyed. I mean, I went in full health and all that and barely stayed alive past their preemptive attack and couldn't recover in time to debuff against their regular first round.

Started the Dark Espers trial again, a few minutes before the maintenance began...
~6.5 hours later:
03R5WGy.png

uFLa80i.png
\o/

The game was back up by the time I had won and I got the rewards just fine, no load issues at all. I'm unsure what would have happened if I had closed the app mid-battle or ended the fight mid-maintenance, though.

On a related note, what would be the optimal way to set up my Noctis for Titan?

Equipment: Genji, Excal, Black Cowl, Black Belt Gi, Bracer, Jeweled Ring.

Abilities:
A - Dual Wield, Large Sword Mastery, Blade Mastery, Stone Killer - Golem - 805 ATK / 232 MAG
B - Dual Wield, Large Sword Mastery, Blade Mastery, Power of Creation - Golem - 861 ATK / 286 MAG
C - Dual Wield, Large Sword Mastery, Blade Mastery, Power of Creation - Odin - 890 ATK / 290 MAG

Pejo

I'm reading up on this new trial.This is giving me a headache. Why is there so many things to know? I just seems unnecessarily complicated.

Begrudgingly accepts the advice lol.

Yea there is a ton going on here, but it doesn't sound all that bad if you build your team for survival. I have 5 Hill Diggers in the TM oven right now just for these stupid trials that are making HP the most valuable resource. Doesn't look like they'll ever be wasted at any rate.

Kouriozan

I was not expecting that 30 free stam today. Does that mean were near the anniversary event now? It was that literally all were getting for the anniversary?

Anniversary is in 2 weeks, we still need to get 50 free slots on all inventory.
I suppose they'll announce the anniversary stuffs at E3 since Square Enix will have 3 separate Brave Exvius event there.

Day 2 :
By7csQV.jpg

Day 3 :
wS99rYZ.jpg

5MHzB0I.jpg

tuffymon

Grats on the Dark esper clear~

Does the wiki have info on the trial yet? I'd love to look it over... probably head there next anyways. Fohlen is a rated a 13? What manner of monstrosity is going on...

Alkez

Yea there is a ton going on here, but it doesn't sound all that bad if you build your team for survival. I have 5 Hill Diggers in the TM oven right now just for these stupid trials that are making HP the most valuable resource. Doesn't look like they'll ever be wasted at any rate.

It's not so much that it's difficult, it's just there's too many rules in place. You can't kill Typhon on turn 6 or you'll get wiped. But you have to kill it before turn 10. At the start they get a free kill on you. If you hit them with various elements it triggers certain attacks. If you don't hit them with other certain elements it triggers attacks. It just seems overly complicated. I like difficult fights personally, but this just isn't fun on paper.

bonkeng

1 hour for a single run, or 1 hour of wiping and remaking your strategy? That's a lot of DPS for an hour long run.

Also, how necessary was Wilhelm?

Single run...dps just tickles both Orthos and Typhon. I dont think even 5 Orlandus chaining can one shot these 2 mofos.

I had to count a lot of turns, some turns I purposely delayed in order to avoid multiple threshold being met. Not to mention the atk debuff that must be constantly on Orthos, and when Typhon is about to sneeze, Aileen must attack at all cost (Kaiser Knuckle was on her to prevent snort).

I also used up a lot of items. Elixirs, Chocolates, Phoenix Downs, Ethers etc.

Regarding Wilhelm, he save my team a lot of times. I just alternated Impregnable and his LB. A beefy tank is needed here. I'm not sure if evade tanks work.

Pejo

It's not so much that it's difficult, it's just there's too many rules in place. You can't kill Typhon on turn 6 or you'll get wiped. But you have to kill it before turn 10. At the start they get a free kill on you. If you hit them with various elements it triggers certain attacks. If you don't hit them with other certain elements it triggers attacks. It just seems overly complicated. I like difficult fights personally, but this just isn't fun on paper.

Yea I get you. I haven't tried it yet, but I like the puzzle fights more than RNG fests for sure. It'd be hard as balls to do this fight blind, from the sounds of it.

Single run...dps just tickles both Orthos and Typhon. I dont think even 5 Orlandus chaining can one shot these 2 mofos.

I had to count a lot of turns, some turns I purposely delayed in order to avoid multiple threshold being met. Not to mention the atk debuff that must be constantly on Orthos, and when Typhon is about to sneeze, Aileen must attack at all cost (Kaiser Knuckle was on her to prevent snort).

I also used up a lot of items. Elixirs, Chocolates, Phoenix Downs, Ethers etc.

Damn, definitely sounds like a lot to keep track of. It's also good to know that you can just equip a wind weapon for the Typhoon check, and it doesn't have to be a wind skill.

Congrats on the win!

Omg so much nrg!!!!!!!! Went into the trial blind and did it first try.

19023523_10156233533128989_8174835926059828668_o.jpg

Took Ling, Wilhelm, Refia ,Orlandu and friends Orlandu.

Ling broke stuff or dispeled stuff, Wilhelm buffed me and used his limit break as much as possible, Refia healed and used Libra at the end, Orlandus chained their junk.

Overall I probably got lucky since I didn't read what to do against them, but I killed Typhon before Orthos in the second fight. Not sure if that was the way people are doing it.

Muku

Had a dream inside a dream last night. (Dreamception?) In it... I pulled a Noctis. There's now about a 100% chance that isn't happening.

across

For what it's worth, I found the fight to not be so complicated in practice.

But I ran Cecil, Y'shtola, Minfilia, Orlandeau, Friendlandeau. The only break you need here is ATK break, and I don't think it's optional, so even people who, say, have Aileen but not Orlandeau may want to bring him as a friend? I'm not sure.

Basically look at it like a checklist:

- Keep ATK break on Orthros
- Keep DEF buff on your entire party
- Make sure you count turns correctly
- Kill Typhon ASAP
- Burn Orthros while paying attention to thresholds; make sure you have Earth resist/SPR buff up for those

You can go either way on the Refia vs. Y'shtola thing here. I brought Y'shtola for the damage mitigation LB and Aerora access, which meant I didn't need to worry about bringing a wind elemental weapon for Typhon's sneezes. Hell, you could probably bring both of them and drop Minfilia entirely if you bring Barstonra? I'm not sure. Magnitude 8 didn't do that much damage.

It's mostly about making sure you don't push Orthros past two thresholds in one turn or do something else stupid like kill Typhon on turn 6 (which the wiki warns against like three times), which I did and barely managed to recover from.

Also don't forget to dispel Orthros after the 50% self-buff threshold. Not that I did that too, or anything...

Orlandeau remains the biggest crutch in this game. I guess that ends with Aigaion, but damn, what a run.

Muku

You must now pull until it DOES happen >.>; Can't have you having yourself be wrong right?

LOL. I could use all my resources and still be Noctisless.

Daily. Abel. Yeah fuck this. Though think it's my first on main.

Going to use a couple tickets to round it out ... >_>

Gold -> Hope (always Hope or Garnet)
Blue -> Gau (again)

One day. Or maybe the dream was for my alt.

Edit: Logged in and like holy shit I was 114 NRG and now 144? Was confused until reading notes. WILL TAKE

Another one you cant brute force. Going to do this one slow and steady. Noct, ling, refia, and my 2x orlandu. TT will sit out yet again....... will bring friendlandu for the lulz.

Alkez

Absolutely

Got it on the third try. Used the old black belt on Cecil trick for extra summon crystals.

For what it's worth, I found the fight to not be so complicated in practice.

But I ran Cecil, Y'shtola, Minfilia, Orlandeau, Friendlandeau. The only break you need here is ATK break, and I don't think it's optional, so even people who, say, have Aileen but not Orlandeau may want to bring him as a friend? I'm not sure.

Basically look at it like a checklist:

- Keep ATK break on Orthros
- Keep DEF buff on your entire party
- Make sure you count turns correctly
- Kill Typhon ASAP
- Burn Orthros while paying attention to thresholds; make sure you have Earth resist/SPR buff up for those

Hmm ok. I feel like the wiki should put this at the top and then the break down. It's so intimidating looking at that long list of things that could go wrong. How crucial would you say Minfilia is? Because I'm thinking of running Cecil, Yoshi, Ling, Aileen, FriendLeen. I can put barstona on Cecil and/or Ling, and Ling's debuff is really strong. Also gives me access to "esunaga". But the elemental buff may not be as strong as required.

Tbh I may just take 6 people. I dunno if I really need this materia.

Anniversary is in 2 weeks, we still need to get 50 free slots on all inventory.
I suppose they'll announce the anniversary stuffs at E3 since Square Enix will have 3 separate Brave Exvius event there.

Day 2 :
By7csQV.jpg

Day 3 :
wS99rYZ.jpg

5MHzB0I.jpg

Seriously?! Ok forget the 30 stam that's nothing. Those slots are gonna be a life saver. Didn't know they had so much planned for BE at E3 though. Guess there should be plenty to look forward to in the next few days.

tuffymon

Playing with the calculator on Ling... She can get 100% evasion with 100+ fire, 95% resist to everything else, while using survival edges to anti snort... I know theirs at least 1 person with a Ling, uh 2 *cough* rings >.>;, and maybe a rainbow robe <.<... let's make this happen <.<... uh pretty please?

across

How crucial would you say Minfilia is? Because I'm thinking of running Cecil, Yoshi, Ling, Aileen, FriendLeen. I can put barstona on Cecil and/or Ling, and Ling's debuff is really strong. Also gives me access to "esunaga". But the elemental buff may not be as strong as required.

Tbh I may just take 6 people. I dunno if I really need this materia.

Eh.

Access to Barstonra is, I think, mandatory. Access to Barwatera is handy but may not be strictly necessary with sufficient defenses. Beyond that she's just there for emergency buffing if Cecil can't get his LB up at the right times, I think. Mine did some very important spot-healing with Doublecast Cura though.

I think you could theoretically do it with Ling but I think you're going to run into real trouble with turn economy (you have one character doing a break every other round and then you also need to keep up elemental buffs and potentially helping cure). I didn't get tagged with any non-poison status ailments in the fight; that's just luck though. A stray paralyze could have pretty easily ended my run.

As for the ability I'm not sure what to think about it. The days of non-stop status effects being an issue in Arena are kind of over, offensively, fighting top teams. So... eh. Swinging back later in the game and picking it up when WoL6 or whatever is out seems like a good call.

Alkez

Eh.

Access to Barstonra is, I think, mandatory. Access to Barwatera is handy but may not be strictly necessary with sufficient defenses. Beyond that she's just there for emergency buffing if Cecil can't get his LB up at the right times, I think. Mine did some very important spot-healing with Doublecast Cura though.

I think you could theoretically do it with Ling but I think you're going to run into real trouble with turn economy (you have one character doing a break every other round and then you also need to keep up elemental buffs and potentially helping cure). I didn't get tagged with any non-poison status ailments in the fight; that's just luck though. A stray paralyze could have pretty easily ended my run.

As for the ability I'm not sure what to think about it. The days of non-stop status effects being an issue in Arena are kind of over, offensively, fighting top teams. So... eh. Swinging back later in the game and picking it up when WoL6 or whatever is out seems like a good call.

Thanks dude, appreciate your help. Managed to get it done :) I took 6 people though. Took both Refia and Yoshi. Gave Yoshi Barstonra and Cecil Barwatera seeing as he didn't have much to do. Allowed ling to keep breaking, as well keep the mp up (and on one turn had to aoe revive. That was not a good turn lol).

I feel like I cheated with 6 people but whatever, I just really wanted Rod Mastery and wasn't too bothered about the ability.

Muku

No Noctis on alt either. No surprise. But got Abel there too. :|

Edit: What would Mercedes get the most out of? Dual Wield or Doublehand?

NomarTyme

I prayed to the RNGues for Sezter to get me some good double dice rows and he answered. Killing both douchebags at the same time was really euphoric. No five man completion though.

Brought Minflia, Catgril, Cecil, Refia, and Sezter. Also a friend Orlandu for debuffing.

Xion86

Okay home from work and time to try out the ELT difficulty of the Trial! Some nice tips above too.

I'm going to try going in with Cecil (max LB), Refia, Orlandeau, Ling and friend Orlandeau, think I'll be able to tackle it with that? Will definitely need to read up more though.

Ok now that was a challenging trial. Evade Ling and Evade Noct were the MVP's. Refia as the healer and my two op Orlandu got the job done. Took down my Orlandu and put up a 100% evade Noct with Ribbon and good resists.

Kouriozan

I'm watching a lot of JP video and their Arena is not ridden with full evade units like Global, and they have nice unit variety than Noctis / D.Fina / Ling.
They all seem to have Ayaka though, she's really a (0,5% chances) must have.

Rixa

I prayed to the RNGues for Sezter to get me some good double dice rows and he answered. Killing both douchebags at the same time was really euphoric. No five man completion though.

Brought Minflia, Catgril, Cecil, Refia, and Sezter. Also a friend Orlandu for debuffing.

You did newest trial by chaining Setzer DDice?
I might try this some day.

Ok now that was a challenging trial. Evade Ling and Evade Noct were the MVP's. Refia as the healer and my two op Orlandu got the job done. Took down my Orlandu and put up a 100% evade Noct with Ribbon and good resists.

Can you please let me know your 100% Noctis evade build with the resists? I'd like to replicate this and share it for everyone as well.

I'm watching a lot of JP video and their Arena is not ridden with full evade units like Global, and they have nice unit variety than Noctis / D.Fina / Ling.
They all seem to have Ayaka though, she's really a (0,5% chances) must have.

I'm pulling hard for Ayaka whenever she rolls around. She seems like a 7* healer to me.

robotuw

Whew, got the trial done in one go! I didn't try for the 5-man but got everything else. TT is very happy at 930 mag now. Maybe I'll try it again when Gumi decides to give us the units JP had for it.

Team was Noctis, Cecil, Refia, Minfilia, Landu 2x
Noctis: did cover, and occasional backup full life
Cecil: backup healer, dispel, and limit buff
Minfilia: buff queen and stone blocker, occasional counter healing
Refia: healz
Orlandus: atk break and chains

Wasn't too hard actually, just had to pay attention to what buffs/debuffs needed to be applied and making sure not to kill Typhon on a turn multiple of 3. Only dicey moment was Othrus' tantrum after killing Typhon when Refia died. The only items I needed were a couple chocolates when mp ran low.

Can you please let me know your 100% Noctis evade build with the resists? I'd like to replicate this and share it for everyone as well.

I'll have to type it out since I'm at work and file sharing sites like imgur are blocked.

105% evade Noctis with decent resists. THIS IF FOR THIS TRIAL AND DARK ESPERS ONLY, NOT BUILT FOR GILGAMESH AS I DO NOT HAVE THE SAFETY BIT EQUIPPED.

Noctis is 20% base evade per wiki. http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Noctis
Kiyomori 10%
Assassin's Vest 10%
20 sided die 20%
Ring of Lucii 25%
Heros shield - +20 all resists
Cat Ear Hood 20 fire ice earth holy
Quick Assault 10% evade 30% atk
Quick Assault 10% evade 30% atk
Power of Creation
Discernment for stat immunity.

That's 105% evade
40 fire ice earth
20 water
40 holy
20 dark
-30 wind (because using Golem for cover but not necessary, switched to Diablo's for demon killer for the trial)
70 earth

Broseybrose

Daily Grace!

So with only dailies on this banner I got Grace, 2 Jean, and Abel.

This is how I like to play this game.

Now that theres a new trial out, I will finally give Echinda ELT a try!

robotuw

So with the new trial shield it's (relatively) easy to make a full resist build.

Hero's shield + 4 Melody of Life (for people who can wear a heavy shield)
or
Hero's Shield + 3 Melody of Life + Rainbow Robe + Equip H Shield

Doesn't quite work with Refia since she needs a slot for dualcast but put that second build on Tilith with two Arsha's Talismans and you got one tough cookie.

Oh shit, or put it on Ling with two Lucii rings and a sword breaker for 100% element resist, 95% evade. Dear god...

So with the new trial shield it's (relatively) easy to make a full resist build.

Hero's shield + 4 Melody of Life (for people who can wear a heavy shield)
or
Hero's Shield + 3 Melody of Life + Rainbow Robe + Equip H Shield

Doesn't quite work with Refia since she needs a slot for dualcast but put that second build on Tilith with two Arsha's Talismans and you got one tough cookie.

I only have one Melody of life, need more Garnets! Will use the cat ear hood and a few of minfilia tm's to get by. Won't be 100% but more like 60-70 hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom