• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucaMac

I just wish more people ran with Fryevia so I could chain more.

I'm ready for the salt tomorrow. so many goodies.

I will have mine back up tomorrow after Brave Frontier ends. Have Elza up at the moment. Ive decent magic on my Frevia now. Preference for single or dual wield?

EDarkness

-- Will my 6* WoL replace Cecil after ~9 months?

-- I don't have Orlandu, Aileen, or (obviously) Tidus yet. Wish me luck this month!

-- I have 16 tickets and 7K lapis. Should I burn all 16 on day 1? Should I stick to dailies or should I try an (additional) 10+1?

I'm gonna burn my tickets and stuff on the first day and then go with dailies after that if needed. I figure it won't matter when the tickets/lapis are used, so I'm just gonna do it all at once like tearing off a piece of tape. I've been wanting to get Tidus since I saw he was available in JP and now my chance is finally upon me. I hope the RNG gods don't forsaken me.

Good luck, PL. Hope you get something awesome, too.

Muku

Firion is the best finisher right now (when his killer procs), even outclassing previous king (or queen) Olive. Not to mention much easier to gear up.

Also, his innate Killer passives grant him +125% to both beast and bird.

Dump all your atk gear on Firion including Excalibur. It will also help if Fin Briar is enhanced. Then gear your Orlandu with Durandal if you only have 1 Excalibur. Along with a friendlandu, this should be the optimal chainer+finisher set up.

What is the timing for a Finisher? I know timing while chaining and all for Orlandu and Yun.

I have nothing on any character enhanced, so I'm not sure it's going to work as well. Also, removing my Attack gear to put on Firion brings Orlandu below 800, so not sure how that will work out.

Alkez

You know, I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of glad Gumi delayed WoL this much. Because there's absolutely no way Cecil would have been in my main team this long. And now I'm sad to "let him go" so to speak. He's done so much work for me and carried the team over the last 9 months.

-- just a note that we're playing a very different game than the one we started however long ago. It's been a great run so far and I love this community.

I hear that. There was a post on reddit called Remember when...? It was just about reminiscing how the game used to be. It's crazy to think we went from full break and barrage being broken to 27 hit elemental chains and 45% breaks being the norm. It's been a great year, both in Brave Exvius and ExviusGAF. Here's to another.

I just wish more people ran with Fryevia so I could chain more.

I'm ready for the salt tomorrow. so many goodies.

Anytime you need a Fryevia just put a shout in the thread. Mine is always ready to go. I have her geared on a different team so it's always a quick swap and I check the thread quite regularly.

Doctor_No

You going for 2 Tidus? I was originally going to, and then I said I wasn't even going to go for one, but now I am leaning back towards just getting 2 for the hell of it.

Yeah, I'm going for two. I was actually thinking of going for more, but that FF12 event is right around the corner so I'll hold up for that.

Given the sheer volume of Orlandeaus on my friends list, I think its going to be a necessity to go for more than one for future chaining purposes; especially as we get flooded with tons of new chainers.

bonkeng

What is the timing for a Finisher? I know timing while chaining and all for Orlandu and Yun.

I have nothing on any character enhanced, so I'm not sure it's going to work as well. Also, removing my Attack gear to put on Firion brings Orlandu below 800, so not sure how that will work out.

It's fine if your chainers are not geared very well. The most important damage is the finisher.

Regarding the timing for chain/finish, use the training dummy. You can access it thru the farplane.

Pejo

Been getting less and less rank C/D mission in Expedition and more A/B (even an S). I wonder if the pool gets harder as you progress through the week (or as you accumulate more relics). I miss the Sacred Crystal missions, haven't seen any since the first few days.

Have you been using your daily free resets? I get lower level ones when I do that, though it could be random.

I actually somehow got a "great success" on a S rank mission that I only had a 43% success chance on, and got 2 giantcrysts from it (Power and Support even). I'm only 15 relics off from the last reward, and I've only been doing them super casually. Seems easy enough to get this stuff with a bit of RNG luck.

I just had the sinking thought that I burned all of my cactuars on leveling up Kelsius, and I have nothing to level WoL with. :mad:

Doctor_No

This chart is pretty interesting; comparing DW vs DH relative to ATK & Killer multiplier. You can see at what ATK DH overtakes DW.

You should note that its compared against the current JP version of DH.

Source is from this Japanese YT streamer's twitter account.
(larger image available there)
t7LgzHy.jpg

RedZaraki

Banned
Man, it's really hard to make it to the true end of Maze INT. I ran it a bunch this morning with no luck.

Did manage to get Kelsus to level 100 though. And got 110+ of each 6 star mat. Ready for WoL, Garland, and Rikku! I hope.

I just wanted to see the end of Maze INT, but you know my luck. It's like 2/10 terrible 90% of the time and then has moments of crazy good luck.

Best 11 pull I ever had was Marie + Olive.

robotuw

Event boss resists all elements you say? Guess TT with Alterna/Chaos Wave is coming out of retirement.

WoL is here; the asshole finally got out of bed. Maybe it's time to try Echidna again. Rikku+Tilith+WoL should make it a cake walk.

Does Rikku's LB prevent a party wipe? What I mean is, if the auto-revive is up and a single hit takes out your entire party at the same time do you immediately lose (because everyone is dead for an instant) or does the auto-revive kick in?

Alkez

Does Rikku's LB prevent a party wipe? What I mean is, if the auto-revive is up and a single hit takes out your entire party at the same time do you immediately lose (because everyone is dead for an instant) or does the auto-revive kick in?

Auto revive kicks in. Can confirm from testing.

Muku

Wish we could just choose from a friend we want to bring instead of having to restart 500 times to try to get specific friend unit we want. Fuck.

RedZaraki

Banned
You guys think that Orlandeau with non-elemental Great Sword will be worth using against Spheremorph?

It seems we've gotten into a pattern where the best team setups for a lot of trials is the following:

-Tank
- Healer
- Support/Off Healer
- Support/Healer/Tank
- DPS
- Friend DPS who chains with your DPS.

So basically, 4 supports and 2 dps. Usually seems to be the pattern. And those 2 dps, chaining, need to kill the boss in about 4 or 5 turns or there's consequences.

Alkez

Wish we could just choose from a friend we want to bring instead of having to restart 500 times to try to get specific friend unit we want. Fuck.

This. On so many levels. I don't even understand why the friends list works the way it does.

Muku

BONKENG!!!!!!!! Thank you!! :3

It worked perfect!! I played around with training dummy and figured out when a great time was for Firion to kick it in. Took Ifrit down one round like the bitch he was. Siren took two. But that was because my husband was talking to me and I lost focus. Fortunately, she only got halfway so she decided to buff herself again. Went down like a bitch that next one.

Large Sword Mastery get!!

I keep forgetting Firion has the killers. But I didn't know he was that great of a finisher. So glad I worked on capping him a while back! Also gave him CoD's DW at the time. Worked great.

Thank you so much Robotuw for the Orlandu!! :D I appreciate it so much!

Edit: OVER NINE HUNDRED~! Okay, husbando is turning out well. Next Black Cowl me thinks.

You guys think that Orlandeau with non-elemental Great Sword will be worth using against Spheremorph?

It seems we've gotten into a pattern where the best team setups for a lot of trials is the following:

-Tank
- Healer
- Support/Off Healer
- Support/Healer/Tank
- DPS
- Friend DPS who chains with your DPS.

So basically, 4 supports and 2 dps. Usually seems to be the pattern. And those 2 dps, chaining, need to kill the boss in about 4 or 5 turns or there's consequences.

I've totally noticed this as well. It's why I'm in a weird spot where I just want the best of the best healers, tanks, and support units. I already have 1 Orlandu, and I feel like I don't even want any other DPS units because I won't ever use them. Even onion Knight who I thought would completely replace Orlandu isn't looking that appealing.

Here's what I'm looking at pretty much exclusively using until I'm forced not to,

Healer - Tilith (Ayaka eventually I hope!)
Support - Rikku
Tank - Wilhelm
Support Tank Breaker - WoL I guess, or Ling
DPS - Orlandu

I can't fit anyone else in here dudes.

Muku

I need Tidus in my life. Especially for Blitz Balling mfers to the face. Eat Blitz Ball!

Yes. I love his LB after playing in JP. LOL.

robotuw

It worked perfect!! I played around with training dummy and figured out when a great time was for Firion to kick it in. Took Ifrit down one round like the bitch he was. Siren took two. But that was because my husband was talking to me and I lost focus. Fortunately, she only got halfway so she decided to buff herself again. Went down like a bitch that next one.

I keep forgetting Firion has the killers. But I didn't know he was that great of a finisher. So glad I worked on capping him a while back! Also gave him CoD's DW at the time. Worked great.

Edit: OVER NINE HUNDRED~! Okay, husbando is turning out well. Next Black Cowl me thinks.

Yaaaaaaay!
L9ORmGm.gif

Welcome to the 900 club! It's a fun club for fun people!

Camwi

-- Will my 6* WoL replace Cecil after ~9 months?

-- I don't have Orlandu, Aileen, or (obviously) Tidus yet. Wish me luck this month!

-- I have 16 tickets and 7K lapis. Should I burn all 16 on day 1? Should I stick to dailies or should I try an (additional) 10+1?

-- Want to shout out this Grand Gaia event. I was out of town for a week and couldn't set up any TM farming anyway but this was a great way to burn energy, grab all sorts of shit, get me nearly to rank 100 (!!) and in general have a fun easy time playing the game. Bravo!

-- I'm kinda fallling in love with the expeditions. I'm at 145 relics, getting tons of rewards, and really appreciate all the little efforts that are going into it, whether it's the clever names of each or the micro stories, seeing that effort really goes a long way. One thing: the gil costs are starting to add up big time. Anyone else seeing this shit?

-- just a note that we're playing a very different game than the one we started however long ago. It's been a great run so far and I love this community.

Yes. Haven't spent any of my gil on really anything since I started, so I got up to 4 million, but it's quickly draining away.

Muku

Yaaaaaaay!
L9ORmGm.gif

Welcome to the 900 club! It's a fun club for fun people!

Thank you~ :D

It's feeling good. Husband is talking to me about it after I finished hehe. Think he might be trying it soon. Told him to go with Finisher route like Bonkeng suggested. Best way I think.

I think if I get Tidus, I might put a hold on Orlandu's TMs in mean time. (Camile for sword for Tidus, then Tidus own TM.) I want Tidus to join my Orlandu for the ROFLstompers club.

YAY! Next up 1K club. You got this fam!

Hey All! Had the game for a while but never really got into it. Started playing it again and I am having fun but things are better with friends right? If you have a spot would you mind passing me an invite?

Thanks!

EDarkness

Thank you~ :D

It's feeling good. Husband is talking to me about it after I finished hehe. Think he might be trying it soon. Told him to go with Finisher route like Bonkeng suggested. Best way I think.

I think if I get Tidus, I might put a hold on Orlandu's TMs in mean time. (Camile for sword for Tidus, then Tidus own TM.) I want Tidus to join my Orlandu for the ROFLstompers club.

That's awesome. Glad you got it done. I'm getting inspired to try it myself! We'll see if I can get it later tonight since I don't have a buffed up character with 100s of ATK. Gonna see what I can do with what I have currently.

My Orlandu isn't all that beefy yet.

Camwi

That and changing the order of units' abilities would make the game so much more pleasant.

Hey All! Had the game for a while but never really got into it. Started playing it again and I am having fun but things are better with friends right? If you have a spot would you mind passing me an invite?

Thanks!

Added you. My Zyrus may be lowly compared to most here, but he's almost above 400 magic!

Niahak

Thanks!

Added you. Might want to add GAF to your message though (under friends -> gifts menu, click your message).

If you're not really unlucky (and have the 5000 lapis to do the summon tomorrow) you should get a good unit or two next week.

Muku

In my excitement with finished Beasts of the Dark, I totally forgot I got Ifrit's Claw. LOL. I look at Orlandu's on my list a lot to see what folks are wearing. One I just looked at was wearing Ifrit's Claw and I was like "Oh crap! I forgot I got that, too!" Replaced one of his rings with it. Best part is the HP up on it so I have over 6k HP again as well. And his Attack went up by 11 points. Yes please.

Edit: Actually, is Ifrit's Claw a good replacement for a Bracer? I think Bracer gives 10% HP as well. And a little DEF. (Going off memory here while doing dailies. I hate Explorations so much.)

So does WoL, Tilith, Rikku replace Cecil, Refia, Marie as the best Tank/Healer/Support combo in the game?

What's the best triplet now?

It definitely is looking that way, except the fact that WoL doesn't shine as bright until his enhancements show up. We'll see how his standard 6* fairs.

Muku

Is Rikku a replacement for Marie? I don't know jack about Rikku. I just know folks want her. I tend to use Minfilia as my support. She's such a badass. That and I never got Marie. (Kami-sama, please, don't let my 5* be Marie.)

Edit: God, why do I suck at proof reading. I am so lazy.

robotuw

That's awesome. Glad you got it done. I'm getting inspired to try it myself! We'll see if I can get it later tonight since I don't have a buffed up character with 100s of ATK. Gonna see what I can do with what I have currently.

My Orlandu isn't all that beefy yet.

Have you got dual wield, excalibur and blade mastery? That's really all you need. If you have those, ask Tuffy or someone else on here to set up their evade lightning who can solo Gilgamesh. The atk 30% and gengi blade will give you a huge boost. You can use this build:

Orlandeau 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Genji Blade +107ATK
Left Hand: Excalibur +120ATK+Light Element
Head: Whitebrim +18ATK+15DEF/SPR+15%MP
Body: Demon Mail +10ATK+55DEF+20%Dark
Accessory 1: Ruler's Ring +5DEF/SPR+5%HP/MP+15%ATK/MAG
Accessory 2: Ruler's Ring +5DEF/SPR+5%HP/MP+15%ATK/MAG
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: ATK +30% +30%ATK
Ability 3: Spirit of Freedom +15%ATK+10%Evasion
Ability 4: Blade Mastery +50% ATK w/ Katana
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 34 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Total Stats: HP: 5615 MP: 258 ATK: 812 DEF: 230 MAG: 195 SPR: 167

That should be enough to take on Irfrit and Siren. Beating them will take you up to 880. That's well over 900 with an esper equipped.

If Rikku a replacement for Marie? I don't know jack about Rikku. I just know folks want her. I tend to use Minfilia as my support. She's such a badass.

She doesn't have any elemental resists, but her LB does increase SPR by 50-74% depending on how much you leveled it. It doesn't sound like she does, but the SPR increase might be enough to negate damage, but I doubt it.

If Rikku a replacement for Marie? I don't know jack about Rikku. I just know folks want her. I tend to use Minfilia as my support. She's such a badass. That and I never got Marie. (Kami-sama, please, don't let my 5* be Marie.)

Was going to post this. Hard to beat her 70% elemental buffs.

In my excitement with finished Beasts of the Dark, I totally forgot I got Ifrit's Claw. LOL. I look at Orlandu's on my list a lot to see what folks are wearing. One I just looked at was wearing Ifrit's Claw and I was like "Oh crap! I forgot I got that, too!" Replaced one of his rings with it. Best part is the HP up on it so I have over 6k HP again as well. And his Attack went up by 11 points. Yes please.

Edit: Actually, is Ifrit's Claw a good replacement for a Bracer? I think Bracer gives 10% HP as well. And a little DEF. (Going off memory here while doing dailies. I hate Explorations so much.)

Bracer gives 15% 30 attack
Ifrit claw gives 10% hp 30 attack 20%fire resist and 100% blind resist

Zalasta

After reading about the INT maze here, I decided not to run it after getting the lapis. I don't really need cactaurs considering I have 40+ king leftover from the Titan raid and no units to use them on (yes, almost all of mine are maxed out, although I do lack a lot of Sacred Crystals to awaken the 4 and 5 stars on secondary characters). The burst pots would have been nice, but I did get like 8 mini from a single expedition, so it just seem a lot of energy for a small chance at them. The only thing I do actually need is to stock up on 6* awakening materials since I'm tapped out on a few popular ones, but I can get that from grinding a bit more of the mog event as well.

Maze just doesn't seem as amazing as it was 3 months ago, not unless they improve the randomness.

robotuw

She doesn't have any elemental resists, but her LB does increase SPR by 50-74% depending on how much you leveled it. It doesn't sound like she does, but the SPR increase might be enough to negate damage, but I doubt it.

She does have element resist, but it takes an extra turn to pull off. It's 40% to all elements. Not great but it's paired with a 30% all damage resist, which is excellent.

Muku

Bracer gives 15% 30 attack
Ifrit claw gives 10% hp 30 attack 20%fire resist and 100% blind resist

Ah I thought Bracer only gave 10% HP. Good to know. I am going to probably go for one Bracer anyway. So will play around with that to see how it works out for me. Thank you! :)

Hm, so sounds like trade offs with Rikku. I'm sure I'll get her, but okay. Doesn't sound like she'll replace Minfilia. At least not for my group. At least not the heavy worker that Minfilia is. (Plus, not gonna lie. Love her double passive heal on hit thing. LOL.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom