• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedZaraki

Banned
Is Rikku a replacement for Marie? I don't know jack about Rikku. I just know folks want her. I tend to use Minfilia as my support. She's such a badass. That and I never got Marie. (Kami-sama, please, don't let my 5* be Marie.)

Edit: God, why do I suck at proof reading. I am so lazy.

Well, Marie you bring for Elemental Resists + a backup way of casting Shellga and Protectga. She has innate Dual-cast but not a lot of ways to make use of that. Which makes Lakshmi's Cura access particularly nice on her. She also has Focus which is ok.

However, Tilith can also serve for Elemental Resists (if you can somehow manage to find her an available turn. But Rikku has lots and lots of other stuff she can do than Marie.

The problem is that WoL brings Embolden but not sure if you also then need Tilith for the Spirit Buff or if Rikku brings that too.

She does have element resist, but it takes an extra turn to pull off. It's 40% to all elements. Not great but it's paired with a 30% all damage resist, which is excellent.

Hrmmm her wiki page doesn't show any elemental resist buffs, unless it's the Synthesis ability that isn't showing what it actually does.

Edit: Nevermind it shows at the bottom what it does, and that is in fact the ability. Good to know.

Muku

Well, Marie you bring for Elemental Resists + a backup way of casting Shellga and Protectga. She has innate Dual-cast but not a lot of ways to make use of that. Which makes Lakshmi's Cura access particularly nice on her. She also has Focus which is ok.

However, Tilith can also serve for Elemental Resists (if you can somehow manage to find her an available turn. But Rikku has lots and lots of other stuff she can do than Marie.

The problem is that WoL brings Embolden but not sure if you also then need Tilith for the Spirit Buff or if Rikku brings that too.

* If you got Tilith.

I did not get Tilith. I am hoping it was because game was saving up to give me Tidus.

Zalasta

By the way, I noticed that the great or amazing success I have on expedition tend to happen to ones that are not 100%. I don't know if there is an actual correlation, but keep an eye on it.

Muku

Wasn't going to do any summons on this banner. But figured what the hell. Would do so today, to do it at least once on banner. No other reason than because. Half Naked Lid. How many variations of Lid will we ultimately get? Was more hoping for Fina, but not surprised. At least it was an on banner unit.

Moogle I got with her was for Angel's Earrings. Meh.

Edit: okay my lack of proof reading today is out of control

Kouriozan

Marie is getting a heal on Love You All + 3x reflect + Lovely Guard protecting against all status ailment.
I'm kinda jelly about Marie owners, her enhancements are amazing.

Visceir

Wasn't going to do any summons on this banner. But figured what the hell. Would do so today, to do it at least once on banner. No other reason than become. Half Naked Lid. How many variations of Lid will we ultimately get? Was more hoping for Fina, but not surprised. At least it was an on banner unit.

Moogle I got with her was for Angel's Earrings. Meh.

French Lid isn't far off. Prepare for loads of baguette.

By the way, I noticed that the great or amazing success I have on expedition tend to happen to ones that are not 100%. I don't know if there is an actual correlation, but keep an eye on it.

I think the Great and Amazing is tied to units that have 'bonus' for the expedition. Not sure the math though.

Alkez

Congrats on the win Muku...and I just realised I still haven't done that trial lol. I'll tackle it next week.

[JP] The banner that gives only attack units at max level, is that a temporary thing or does it cycle between support, attack, and what ever the other banner was?

Man, there's a lot going on tomorrow. This is probably one of the best anniversary celebrations I've seen.

Made even more evident after the mess that Overwatch was with theirs.

Camwi

I don't usually do Reddit, but I've taken to looking forward to DefiantHermit's "Should You Pull?" threads, since he gives a good rundown of the new units.

Here's what he has to say about Rikku (better on the actual page, since the bold didn't copy over).

The most anticipated character after Oldman, Rikku’s finally here! If you have no idea why all the hype around her, tag along and I’ll show you. Rikku’s most relevant stat is actually LB Crystals per Turn, aside from the standard HP/MP for sustainability and SPR for taking hits, so we’ll skip the stats.

Equipment selection is okay for a support, being able to wield Daggers, Knuckles and Throwing Weapons and wear Clothes, Light Armour, Hats and Shields. Knuckles are specially relevant for Override’s amazing +100% LB Fill Rate.

Skillset is pretty varied: Lucky Girl (20% Chance Dodge Physical Attack & Decrease Target Chance by 30%) provides some innate dodge chance and reduced target, Al Bhed Potion (AoE 1000 HP Recovery & AoE Cure Poison, Silence, Petrify) is a mini Curaja+”Esunaga” on an ability and Mega Phoenix (AoE Revive with 100% HP) is a crazy expensive (70 MP), but still very good, on-demand AoE Full-Raise.

Rikku also has access to Mix (Grant Sunburst, Hazardous Shell and Ultra NulAll for 3 Turns). Sunburst (AoE 19998 Damage Attack) is a fixed damage finisher à la Setzer, Hazardous Shell (180% AoE 1 Hit Physical Attack & 2 Random Status Effects (30% All Ailments, 100% Petrify)) is your ailment inducer and Utra NullAll (AoE 3 Turn +40% All Elements Resist & AoE 3 Turn 30% Damage Reduction) is Elemental Resists bundled with an excellent damage mitigator.

Even though it might be niche, you can also use Rikku as a chainer, as she has access to Winter Storm, Tidal Wave, Burning Soul and Lightning Bolt (230% ST 9 Hit Ice/Water/Fire/Thunder Physical Attack, Respectively). Even though she provides 4 different elemental chains, they all have different frame data and don’t really chain well with anyone besides herself.

Finally, her LB kit is comprised of Overdrive Boost (LB Fill Rate +100%) and the LB itself as a fantastic (AoE 3 Turn +50% -> 74% DEF/SPR & AoE 3 Turn Auto-Revive with 80% HP). So not only does it have Cecil levels of defensive stat buffing, but it provides the unprecedented AoE Auto-Revive. This little guy makes so many freaking fights that much easier it’s not even fair, so stack as many +LB things you can on Rikku and you’re pretty much set.

Japanese Altema Rating: 98/100 (After Enhancements)

Global Trust Mastery Rating: Backpack - +3 DEF, Grant Chaos Grenade, Cure All and Eccentric - Accessory - 9.4/10

This fantastic mastery provides the following skills: Chaos Grenade (180% AoE 1 Hit Physical Attack & Inflict 1 Random Status Effects, (30% All/100% Petrify) & 3 Turn -30% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR Debuff) as an AoE Full-Break and Ailment inducer, Cure All (AoE Cure All Ailments) as literally Esunaga and Eccentric (5 Turn AoE 200% LB Fill Rate) as an excellent LB booster.

This is great not only on Rikku, but on pretty much any support character. Giving your party a 5 turn +200% LB Fill Rate is no joke and having a backup Esunaga is always a good idea. The Full-Break is pretty outdated, but it’s still an option if need be.

Japanese TM Rating (altema.jp): S Rank

Why would you want Rikku?: Really? She has:
•Aoe 100% Revive
•“Curaja” + “Esunaga”
•Fixed Damage Finisher
•AoE Ailment Inducer
•AoE Elemental Resistance Buff
•AoE 30% Damage Mitigation
•9 Hit Chainers for 4 different elements
•50~75% Defensive Stat Buff on her LB
•3 Turn AoE Auto-Revive on her LB

I’m just gonna leave it at that. Rikku puts so many support units on the ground it’s not even fair.

What about the future? You probably already know of the many fights Rikku makes bearable or even doable, so I’ll just give you a few reasons why you would bring another support unit instead. The first and major reason is that, even though she has a great 30% Damage Mitigation skill, it’s behind a 1 turn setup, so it’s not on-demand like Crowe or 9S. Other reasons are minor and tied to specific fights, but Rikku has no access to good breaks or heals or any sort of mana-battery, so you might need that more than what she can offer.

She also received her enhancements in JPN and while they weren’t game breaking (I mean, could you even break her further?), they offer some nice additions. The main one is an upgrade to Mix, adding a ST 100% Heal and extending the availability of the granted skills to 4 turns. The other enhancements are minor: she gets some ATK bonus when wielding a Knuckle and excellent +30% MP when wielding a shield. Finally, her Tidal Wave gets upgraded to 280% modifiers and 12 Hits (and 12 frames instead of 9) for some reason.

Muku

Congrats on the win Muku...and I just realised I still haven't done that trial lol. I'll tackle it next week.

[JP] The banner that gives only attack units at max level, is that a temporary thing or does it cycle between support, attack, and what ever the other banner was?

Thank you! Definitely worth it. L Sword Mastery is amazing.

Kouriozan

Yes Rikku is THE unit to pull.
Almost all trials guide will include her, starting with the Robot (Aigaion) trial next month (who OS one of your unit each turns)
Thankfully, unlike Ling, she's not limited.

EDarkness

Have you got dual wield, excalibur and blade mastery? That's really all you need. If you have those, ask Tuffy or someone else on here to set up their evade lightning who can solo Gilgamesh. The atk 30% and gengi blade will give you a huge boost. You can use this build:

That should be enough to take on Irfrit and Siren. Beating them will take you up to 880. That's well over 900 with an esper equipped.

I don't have Excalibur or Blade Mastery. Just one Dual Wield. Heh, took forever to finally get Dual Cast. Would it be better to just kit out a group to fighting the boss normally instead of trying to get the highest damage possible? Not sure I can do that with the current group I have. My Firion only has 522 ATK at the moment...no Enhancements, either.

Shouta

Is Rikku a replacement for Marie? I don't know jack about Rikku. I just know folks want her. I tend to use Minfilia as my support. She's such a badass. That and I never got Marie. (Kami-sama, please, don't let my 5* be Marie.)

Edit: God, why do I suck at proof reading. I am so lazy.

No, Rikku doesn't replace Marie but you would use her in more situations than Marie. Rikku has more general support options across the board where Marie provides status ailment protection and higher elemental resists. Minfillia would be the character that kind of cribs on Marie's role.

robotuw

I don't have Excalibur or Blade Mastery. Just one Dual Wield. Heh, took forever to finally get Dual Cast. Would it be better to just kit out a group to fighting the boss normally instead of trying to get the highest damage possible? Not sure I can do that with the current group I have. My Firion only has 522 ATK at the moment...no Enhancements, either.

Yeah if you can't get Orlandu above 800 atk I don't think you can cheese them. Tuffy has a Ling that can solo them if you want to press repeat for 5 hours. If not, that just means you fight them the legitimate way though. Doing it legit also means you can get the moogle, which is nice. I'm sure Valentus has a no/minimum TM video on them, and people here can supply any friend unit and build you could want.

Also just noticed the announcement for EX points says you get them for any cash purchase, not just when you buy lapis. Good news, that makes me much more likely to get the premium bundle that's coming.

LucaMac

Yea it cycles between types. Not sure how often but it has a few timessince I started.

Kouriozan

Rikku hype!

5Pti43k.png

Every other 13.5 are damage dealer (+ Tilith)

Eidjinn

GAF, I need help deciding which tmr to hunt.

I think I'm pretty much done with tmr for Noctis and one Blade Mastery and one Sakurafubuki for Gilgamesh. So, which unit should be my priority to fully equip?

The healer (Yshtola/Tilith) or the Tank (probably WoL)?

Syntsui

I think I'm pretty much done with tmr for Noctis and one Blade Mastery and one Sakurafubuki for Gilgamesh. So, which unit should be my priority to fully equip?

WoL, he will take most of the damage alone. Work to get one with 9k-10k HP and 500-600 DEF.

If you have any good 30% hp tmrs I'd say shoot for those. Gaining HP has been pretty important lately.

tuffymon

Should see who has a Gilgamesh slaying autoattacker for his Katana, so you'll have 2, and 1 a bit stronger~

I'm really tempted to burn some lapis on refreshing runs for the current event before it's gone. Stocking up on all the gian and pure crysts I can might be a good idea while I have such good bonus units. Does anyone know if these ability upgrade materials stay rare and hard to come by, by Japan standards?

Kouriozan

Starting tomorrow there will be the daily Vault of Hidden Treasures (1st anniversary)
with the following rewards :
Found a video about the daily vault of treasure : https://youtu.be/1Oi9NcYRYE0?t=55s
Basically there will be 2 mini pots / 1 pot / 1 king pot and a cactuar with 2 T4 and one T5 crysts and it changes each days. It's fixed drop so no RNG bullshit, yay!
Also new missions everyday too.

Added gif if too lazy to check the video
giphy.gif

RedZaraki

Banned
I'm really tempted to burn some lapis on refreshing runs for the current event before it's gone. Stocking up on all the gian and pure crysts I can might be a good idea while I have such good bonus units. Does anyone know if these ability upgrade materials stay rare and hard to come by, by Japan standards?

I stopped daily pulling ages ago. Now I only daily pull on really good banners, and then hard pull the last day of the banner if I still am missing things.

Instead, I do about one lapis energy refresh a day for Mog King events, or what have you. It's really nice.

Nikokuno

Thanks DrROB for your Fryevia, I just 2 turned Maxwell ELT, chaining yours with mine (need to make her viable but Letters and Arms still not ready...) make the whole trial pretty easy.

Spent today getting the remaining mats to enhance my Firion. He's fully enhanced now. Probably do a few more runs of the MK but I think I have all I need for the time being, and I'm willing to avoid a last minute blitz. Made sure to get all the 6* mats I need to awaken new units.

Kouriozan

And I just got my moogle from the expeditions, was really worried I wouldn't make it after so much failure.

Gonna put Apocalypse on my Noctis for tomorrow event.

Pejo

Thanks DrROB for your Fryevia, I just 2 turned Maxwell ELT, chaining yours with mine (need to make her viable but Letters and Arms still not ready...) make the whole trial pretty easy.

Hmm, wonder if there's a way to 2 turn her without having my own Fry. She's weaker to magic attacks right?

You are very wlecome!

My Fry is almost max as far as slot considerations go but ill continue to tweak her

SHe has proven very strong

Hmm, wonder if there's a way to 2 turn her without having my own Fry. She's weaker to magic attacks right?
I managed to do it with just my Fry in the party. And most of ExviusGAF with Fry have her built stronger than I am capable of. You should be able to do it with the right strategy.

Vashetti

Banned
I'm thinking the thread is going to move very fast tomorrow after the maintenance, and over the next few days, getting us very quickly to page 100/200 and needing OT5.

So while the thread is slow, let's decide on OT5's subtitle, I've collected all of the suggestions I've seen into a list, feel free to suggest more

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| (ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻: The Tidus of Change

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| There is no Light

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Where warriors fight in the dark

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Lapis, Lapis everywhere and not a Rainbow to see

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| (ノД´)ノ彡┻━┻ All Hope is lost

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| (ノД´)ノ彡┻━┻ More Hope than I wanted
(Kudos to @Visceir)

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| (ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻ Tilith death do us part

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Happy Anniversary: Don't forget, you're here forever

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5|: Don’t Blame Gumi. Blame yourself or RNG

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5|: Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Added you. Might want to add GAF to your message though (under friends -> gifts menu, click your message).

If you're not really unlucky (and have the 5000 lapis to do the summon tomorrow) you should get a good unit or two next week.

Thanks. Edited my message.

Just checked and I have 5105 lapis so I'll for sure check that summon out.

Need 7 more relics for the moogle. All four of my current ones will end before Maint. 100/80/80/70% If I end up hitting 160 after failing 9 missions then I will concede this won't be that bad every week.

I'm thinking the thread is going to move very fast tomorrow after the maintenance, and over the next few days, getting us very quickly to page 100/200 and needing OT5.

So while the thread is slow, let's decide on OT5's subtitle, I've collected all of the suggestions I've seen into a list, feel free to suggest more

The Tidus of Change is too good to not use

That gets my vote

forgrim

Btw, as a note, i chained freyvia with my orlandu and three turned Maxwell so you can still do it without your own freyvia...i used a gaffers wiyh 860 mag though hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom