• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty excited for the banner now. Got 15k lapis and 40 tickets. I don't intend to leave without Rikku. Doubt I'll burn them on day one though and will see if I can get her on the free pull or a daily first instead.

Finally reached the point where I can have 50 of each 6* awakening mat on hand too so will be nice to max whoever I get immediately.

Kouriozan

I'm thinking the thread is going to move very fast tomorrow after the maintenance, and over the next few days, getting us very quickly to page 100/200 and needing OT5.

So while the thread is slow, let's decide on OT5's subtitle, I've collected all of the suggestions I've seen into a list, feel free to suggest more
Do we know who will make it?

EDIT : never found it'll be you, good luck to escape that "OP gets banned" curse, Alkez somehow managed to avoid it.
Let's go with "Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope" then.

Pretty excited for the banner now. Got 15k lapis and 40 tickets. I don't intend to leave without Rikku. Doubt I'll burn them on day one though and will see if I can get her on the free pull or a daily first instead.

Finally reached the point where I can have 50 of each 6* awakening mat on hand too so will be nice to max whoever I get immediately.

im in a very similar position with almost 15k lapis and 35 tickets

Im gonna do all my pulls in discord tomorrow

Hopefully I just get Rikku with the free ones and can save up my core resources

Vashetti

Banned
From Discord:

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Watch out for the re-Jechts!

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Please stop Lightning from returning

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Lightning Strikes Twice

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| This is Global

Lyrian

LTTP, but some of them are now irrelevant (BF is over, WoL is here, etc). Tidus is timely, so that's a plus.

I like the Blame Gumi, but save that one for OT6, if that happens around that FFT-3 banner?

The Golden Anniversary wins though, because it features a double entendre that's just too perfectly relevant to FFBE by sheer coincidence. It's perfect for tomorrow morning, lol.

Lyrian

BONKENG!!!!!!!! Thank you!! :3

It worked perfect!! I played around with training dummy and figured out when a great time was for Firion to kick it in. Took Ifrit down one round like the bitch he was. Siren took two. But that was because my husband was talking to me and I lost focus. Fortunately, she only got halfway so she decided to buff herself again. Went down like a bitch that next one.

Large Sword Mastery get!!

I keep forgetting Firion has the killers. But I didn't know he was that great of a finisher. So glad I worked on capping him a while back! Also gave him CoD's DW at the time. Worked great.

Thank you so much Robotuw for the Orlandu!! :D I appreciate it so much!

Edit: OVER NINE HUNDRED~! Okay, husbando is turning out well. Next Black Cowl me thinks.

Congrats! So close to the 900 club myself! Only 8% away from my own Blade Mastery and Quick Assaults. SOON.

Then, I can be that guy with WhatDidIMissAmITooLate.gif, lol.

Well I am out of the thread until tomorrow morning. Goodluck to us all on our pulls. May you get what you want, and may Queen burn in the depths of hell, and stay the eff away from me, Kthx.

Alkez

So I've been looking over the 5* list and I have what I guess may be a questionable question lol. Is the guaranteed 5* pull really worth it for me? Here are the numbers I'm looking at:

There are 22(?) units in the pool
There are 5 units I actually want, of which 4 are mainly for TMs
There are another 4 units that would be acceptable but not particularly needed

So right now I'm looking at a 9/22 chance of coming out with something of value. Is that really worth it?

Still ~2200 posts to go.

We're all counting on you. Good luck!

LOL. I feel like I should just avoid posting to make sure I survive.

Syntsui

So I've been looking over the 5* list and I have what I guess may be a questionable question lol. Is the guaranteed 5* pull really worth it for me? Here are the numbers I'm looking at:

There are 22(?) units in the pool
There are 5 units I actually want, of which 4 are mainly for TMs
There are another 4 units that would be acceptable but not particularly needed

So right now I'm looking at a 9/22 chance of coming out with something of value. Is that really worth it?

Yes. The pool will always get bigger and god knows when will we ever have this again.

Kouriozan

Still debating on doing the rainbow guaranted summon.
It's been ages since I pulled (4 months) so I missed tons of recent units like Xon or Zyrus, on the other end there is that daily free pull for 28 days and 20% chances to be disappointed.
I won't rush for it anyway. I'm at almost 38k Lapis and 134 tickets still waiting for the Onion, dunno how much tickets Rikku will eat. Also waiting for the last day of featured FFX daily before using tickets.

Alkez

Yes. The pool will always get bigger and god knows when will we ever have this again.

This is true. This is my best chance to go after those 5 outside of an unexpected banner. And thinking about it I pretty much won't be spending much lapis on pulls until Ayaka now, who is a while away. You're right, this is the play.

When does the 5* offer end? I don't want to do it on day 1 lol.

Kouriozan

OK that 5* banner you have about 13% chances to land on either Orlandeau / Aileen / Tidus vs. 13% chances to get a rainbow on normal banner.
It's definitely worth it.

Lyrian

Last day of the event...

Have all the Power/Support/Black +1 Tech giancrysts in the bank. Unsure if I really need any more at this point from this event. Thoughts, everyone?

Finished the last enhancement on Garnet during my lunch break. Yummy.

Can't wait for the 2 power giancrysts from the Vault of Hidden Treasures to finish Madness Rush +2.

Less than 10% to go all on all my last core offensive TMs. Trying hard not to just drop a 5% moogle on all of them to get them done tonight and wait to see what I roll tomorrow.

Last day of the event...

Have all the Power/Support/Black +1 Tech giancrysts in the bank. Unsure if I really need any more at this point from this event. Thoughts, everyone?

Finished the last enhancement on Garnet during my lunch break. Yummy.

Can't wait for the 2 power giancrysts from the Vault of Hidden Treasures to finish Madness Rush +2.

Less than 10% to go all on all my last core offensive TMs. Trying hard not to just drop a 5% moogle on all of them to get them done tonight and wait to see what I roll tomorrow.
This is pretty much where I went. My surplus for the others seem good for now with Purecrysts, and even tho they're rare , I'm not about to spend 90k on heal or guard Giancrysts at this point. Still can't believe the amount of ore I farmed. Bring on the next event.

Syntsui

[JP] Got Aranea TM and that spear also has +100% Jump ATK on top of the 140 ATK, as bad as she is considering she can't chain nor finish, I see no problem with these if the damage I'm seeing right now is correct and I'm not dreaming hahaha.

Has anyone made a definitive statement on whether you should draw a 10+1 OR just stick to dailies if you have exactly 7K lapis?
Assuming you mean the guaranteed 5* banner, only if 13% to get either Orlandu/Aileen/Tidus is definitive for you.

OK that 5* banner you have about 13% chances to land on either Orlandeau / Aileen / Tidus vs. 13% chances to get a rainbow on normal banner.
It's definitely worth it.

Xion86

Hey All! Had the game for a while but never really got into it. Started playing it again and I am having fun but things are better with friends right? If you have a spot would you mind passing me an invite?

Thanks!

Sent you a request :)

Oh I still have some room by the way: 518,334,204

Damn, failed a couple more Expeditions today, sitting at 143 Relics :(

Anyway, GAF, who should I use Limit Burst Pots on next do you think? I've currently maxed Cecil and Noctis. Need to use up these pots taking up room from Maze runs. Can't wait to use loads of the other Pots I've been hoarding for months on Warrior of Light once I awaken him too.

Alkez

[JP] Got Aranea TM and that spear also has +100% Jump ATK on top of the 140 ATK, as bad as she is considering she can't chain nor finish, I see no problem with these if the damage I'm seeing right now is correct and I'm not dreaming hahaha.

O damn, i didn't realise her TM has that passive, that's crazy. I wonder if there's a cap on jump passives. Need to get them double-hands now.

Sent you a request :)

Oh I still have some room by the way: 518,334,204

Damn, failed a couple more Expeditions today, sitting at 143 Relics :(

Anyway, GAF, who should I use Limit Burst Pots on next do you think? I've currently maxed Cecil and Noctis. Need to use up these pots taking up room from Maze runs. Can't wait to use loads of the other Pots I've been hoarding for months on Warrior of Light once I awaken him too.

Rikku

157 relics, atm. With one day left, I'll easily get the remaining 3. I even got a 100% C (Lightning Returns, Energy Bottle) and 86% B (Impact from Above, Tough Pot) ending before maintenance, so I'll likely get it then.

Sidenote: They REALLY crank up the high rank missions above 120. These are my next selection options.
OTikZM7.png

Syntsui

O damn, i didn't realise her TM has that passive, that's crazy. I wonder if there's a cap on jump passives. Need to get them double-hands now.
I mean... Look at this shit

Things to note about what is going on here:
1) Raw ATK: 767

2) ATK Buff of 80% being used

3) DEF breakdown of 40% on the boss

4) No chain nor element involved

5) This is the strongest level of the raid boss

6) Considering her BiS, she can get around 1500 ATK, it's possible to have a 100% buff up, it's possible to have a 65% DEF breakdown up

7) People may have been too quick judging her, there is potential for her to OHKO pretty much everything with the correct support and no element nor chain involved.

She might as well be a meta of her own, this damage is just disgusting. Now I'm really interested in getting her here on Global as she will most definetely receive some kind of buff or special skill on top of this absurdity lmao.

EDarkness

Yeah if you can't get Orlandu above 800 atk I don't think you can cheese them. Tuffy has a Ling that can solo them if you want to press repeat for 5 hours. If not, that just means you fight them the legitimate way though. Doing it legit also means you can get the moogle, which is nice. I'm sure Valentus has a no/minimum TM video on them, and people here can supply any friend unit and build you could want.

Also just noticed the announcement for EX points says you get them for any cash purchase, not just when you buy lapis. Good news, that makes me much more likely to get the premium bundle that's coming.

Yeah, there's no way I can get 800 ATK on my Orlandu.

However, I don't really understand this fight because of a couple of things.

First, I've been trying this fight all day and have refreshed multiple times without any success. I generally get killed on the first or second round.

The thing I don't understand is why are there such HUGE damage swings? When I was doing the small, but steady, damage I could go on for quite a while without any trouble, but it's SLOW. I took a couple of damage dealers to make the fight go quicker and I do everything needed (I remove buffs from the espers. I buff my guys. I make sure not to use the debuffs that trigger them (DEF/SPR on Ifrit, etc.) I do a little bit of damage the first round so I can slowly ramp up to taking Ifrit out in one shot. I guess around round 5 or so. However, if I do even a little bit of damage too fast, they go crazy and wipe my group. I don't understand why. I read about this on the Wiki site and I made sure not to go two thresholds at once. Yet, whenever I do a decent amount of damage, I always get wiped. There must be something else going on that isn't mentioned on the wiki page, because they're not buffed and I'm not doing AoE moves so Siren isn't getting damaged at all.

Can someone explain this to me, because I'm really not understanding why my group keeps getting thrashed.

The most screwed up run was when I took someone's Freyvia and ended up beating Ifrit, but because Siren is immune to fire, I couldn't do anything against her so I had to give up. Ugh. Another one is when I took someone's Orlandu and they were using Golem with cover. He ended up trying to cover Cecil and died in the third round. *sigh*

I'm not going to try again until I know more about this fight, because there should be no reason why they're going all crazy even though I'm not doing a whole lot of damage to them. It's frustrating.

Looks rough. Maybe you can make it by adjusting expeditions right around maintenance and getting lucky with short ones through tomorrow.
Good luck.

Yea that's what I was thinking - not going to worry too much about it. Will chalk it up to inexperience with balancing yet another thing to do! Next cycle should be more successful.

Mipcgamer

Yea that's what I was thinking - not going to worry too much about it. Will chalk it up to inexperience with balancing yet another thing to do! Next cycle should be more successful.

You got this! Tomorrow you'll get some amazing success expeditions and use those speed coins to get the 5% Moge.

SeanTSC

157 relics, atm. With one day left, I'll easily get the remaining 3. I even got a 100% C (Lightning Returns, Energy Bottle) and 86% B (Impact from Above, Tough Pot) ending before maintenance, so I'll likely get it then.

Sidenote: They REALLY crank up the high rank missions above 120. These are my next selection options.

I'm up to 208 Relics and don't get many S's or even A's. I think I had once where I had 2 S's and 1 A and I didnt want to do them and just used the daily refresh and was back to D's and C's. My current list has an 8 hour D, an 8 hour A, and a 12 hour A. Currently running 3 C's and 1 D with my groups.

robotuw

Hm, it's been a while since I fought them. They don't have moves that trigger on turn cycles so it's not something like that. It sounds like you are watching your buffs and debuffs but that's the only thing I can think of that would be causing wild damage swings like what you describe. Who are you using to buff and debuff? Are you focusing on stat buffs, element resistance buffs, or both?

Very proud my OT title was selected. GAF has a high standard of good-bad pun thread names so I'm honored.

Mipcgamer

I'm up to 208 Relics and don't get many S's or even A's. I think I had once where I had 2 S's and 1 A and I didnt want to do them and just used the daily refresh and was back to D's and C's. My current list has an 8 hour D, an 8 hour A, and a 12 hour A. Currently running 3 C's and 1 D with my groups.

Yeah, I'm a +216 relics and still getting "some" 8 and 3 hour expeditions. Always doing the Recall trick with at least two groups though.

Also, what do you think about crafting two Adventurer IV instead of one Adv. V?

Lyrian

231 relics here and I rarely see S missions too. I tend to just avoid all 24h ones.

Yeah, I'm a +216 relics and still getting "some" 8 and 3 hour expeditions. Always doing the Recall trick with at least two groups though.

Also, what do you think about crafting two Adventurer IV instead of one Adv. V?

207 and counting here. Decided to gamble for once on a S-tier burst pot, not holding my breath.

Question for both of you:

What are your experiences with seeing ancient coins and advance tokens?

-- I've only seen ancient coins as rewards for Amazing Successes.
-- I've only seen advance tokens as rewards from the D-tier 24 hr EN potion quest as Great Success rewards (it's happened twice now).

Shouta

I mean... Look at this shit

Things to note about what is going on here:
1) Raw ATK: 767

2) ATK Buff of 80% being used

3) DEF breakdown of 40% on the boss

4) No chain nor element involved

5) This is the strongest level of the raid boss

6) Considering her BiS, she can get around 1500 ATK, it's possible to have a 100% buff up, it's possible to have a 65% DEF breakdown up

7) People may have been too quick judging her, there is potential for her to OHKO pretty much everything with the correct support and no element nor chain involved.

She might as well be a meta of her own, this damage is just disgusting. Now I'm really interested in getting her here on Global as she will most definetely receive some kind of buff or special skill on top of this absurdity lmao.

If I did her BiS calculations right, she should get 1650~ for attack. However, you have to recalculate it if you want to include the Jump damage bonus accessory.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=241568673&postcount=16704

robotuw

207 and counting here. Decided to gamble for once on a S-tier burst pot, not holding my breath.

-- I've only seen advance tokens as rewards from the D-tier 24 hr EN potion quest as Great Success rewards (it's happened twice now).

That's been my experience too: coins only from amazing successes and tokens only from great successes on nrg pot missions. I've never gotten an amazing success on a nrg pot mission so I'm not sure what happens there.

Mipcgamer

If I remember correctly, only seen tokens and coins on Amazing Successes (not 100% sure).
I really Hope we get advance tokens as Great Success rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom