• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

Damn I love this event, such a well needed breeze to get through after some previous ones.

I know right. Literally just need an 800 Orlandu to solo for maximum bonus (though I only have 3 bonus atm). Definitely going for the Katana.

I got Lawrence today, making him my 4th Bonus Unit. I'm sitting at 5k Lapis now and IDK if I should keep doing dailies or not. I think it would be best to just save up for future 4* essentials like Setzer and Rikku, rather than chasing the rainbow here.

I also I looked up the roster to see what I'm still missing and it's actually not much:
3* - Eight, Elle, Guy.
4* - Snow, Seven, Nine, Soleil.
5* - All of them (except Noctis).
No Longer Available - Juggler, Thief, Fencer, Karl, Seria.

Daily pull was another Leon, making it my 3rd one. While I appreciate that he has a decent TM, I don't really have any units that take full advantage of both heavy armor and a sword. I guess it's still a 30% boost with a sword, right? Kinda' like blade mastery for katanas?

Kouriozan

Daily pull was another Leon, making it my 3rd one. While I appreciate that he has a decent TM, I don't really have any units that take full advantage. I guess it's still a 30% boost with a sword, right? Kinda' like blade mastery for katanas?

Yep, if you have both a sword and heavy armor it's basically a sword mastery (+50% ATK)
For now the "meta" is greatsword/katana but Sword users are coming, might be worth it to get one for Rasler is you plan to pull him since he can't equip katana.

I also got 2 Leon trying to get Orlandeau.

Yep, if you have both a sword and heavy armor it's basically a sword mastery (+50% ATK)
For now the "meta" is greatsword/katana but Sword users are coming, might be worth it to get one for Rasler is you plan to pull him since he can't equip katana.

I also got 2 Leon trying to get Orlandeau.

Thanks for the confirmation. I guess I can farm his TM at some point, since I have a lot of units that use swords even if I don't have many that use heavy armor AND swords. 30% boost is still nothing to sneeze at.

Niahak

Whats must have from king mog on this event?

If you have a good amount of bonus units (100%+), you can farm it much easier than most earlier events. I'm going to get:

Tickets
Greatsword
Katana (it has evade IIRC, even though it's not mentioned)
First Strike Materia (Evade + Counter - awesome!)
10% TM mog
Quartz
6* mats

I expect to have most of that by Tuesday evening. I'd say especially the two weapons and the materia, although of course summon tickets are always a good deal.

I'm not sure if Poach is a strong enough bonus to be worthwhile. Are the Killer effects roughly the equivalent of ATK+%, so this is pretty much ATK+15% for those types?

RedZaraki

Banned
I see a ton of GAF-Orlandeaus Dual-wielding improperly.

You want to put the Genji Blade in his RIGHT hand and Excalibur in the LEFT hand.

This is because the first Divine Ruination will be with the Genji Blade BEFORE the light resist debuff and then Excalibur will be swung WITH the light resist debuff.

More damage, essentially.

Menchi

I'm not sure if Poach is a strong enough bonus to be worthwhile. Are the Killer effects roughly the equivalent of ATK+%, so this is pretty much ATK+15% for those types?

According to a post on Reddit, the 15% damage out does a +30% ATK materia as long as it's not stacking with another killer effect from Esper/Materia. I'm on mobile at the moment so can't link it but I definitely think it's worth picking up 4 just in case as they're real cheap anyway

You want to put the Genji Blade in his RIGHT hand and Excalibur in the LEFT hand.

This is because the first Divine Ruination will be with the Genji Blade BEFORE the light resist debuff and then Excalibur will be swung WITH the light resist debuff.

Thanks i didnt know that

RedZaraki

Banned
Still can't believe I can't beat Ifrit ELT w/ Olive, 2x Orlandeau, Refia and Ling...

He just hits so damn hard, even with MAG, ATK down and Barfira up.

Here's my squad, and I farm ELT:

Cecil (Golem)
Refia with DC (Carbuncle)
Olive with 840-ish ATK (Ifrit)
Orlandeau with 900-ish ATK (Odin)
Marie (Ramuh)
Friend Orlandeau

Jeweled Rings on Cecil and Marie. Buff up everyone's HP if you can spare the abilities.

Turn 1:
Cecil - Focus
Refia - Embolden
Marie - Barfiraga
Olive - Shattering Shot
Orlandeau 1 & 2 - Crush Weapon

Turn 2:
Cecil - Provoke
Refia - Dual Cast Curaja
Marie - Deprotect Ifrit if defense debuff missed. Otherwise doesn't matter.
Olive - Cue up True Shot
Orlandeaus - Cue up Divine Ruination.

Have Olive Start True Shot, and right as she begins to put her hand on the gun issue both Divine Ruinations by toggling Auto on and off. This should chunk Ifrit down to below half HP

Turn 3:
Cecil - Curaja
Olvie - Cue up True Shot

Have Olive Start True Shot, and right as she begins to put her hand on the gun, hit Repeat. Both Divine Ruinations should go off and chain. This will either kill the Ifrit or bring him near critical.

Turn 4: Just chain the damage another time. He should be dead by now. If not, have Marie refresh Focus and Cecil refresh Provoke.

Iceman829

I had some random delete me because they probably didn't like I was sharing cirque du soleil. If anyone wants to add me 713 130 495

Still can't believe I can't beat Ifrit ELT w/ Olive, 2x Orlandeau, Refia and Ling...

He just hits so damn hard, even with MAG, ATK down and Barfira up.

its on farm mode for me with

Cecil/Golem
Refia/Ramuh
Rain/Diablos
Yun/Odin
Orlandu/ Ifrit

Turn one
Cecil: Barfira
Refia: Embolden
Rain: Undermine
Yun: Raging bird
Orlandu: Crush Weapon
Friend unit: Orlandu Divine Ruination OR Noctis: Cover

Turn two:
Refia Heal Dual cast
Cecil Focus
Rain Undermine
Yun: raging bird
Orlandu Divine ruination
Friend unit: Orlandu Divine ruination or Noctis Warp break.

This is the main strategy and I keep ontop of buffing units when I can and use refia for cure and revive, cecil cure and buffs and Golem esper.
Rain always use undermine or buff team. " though I dont know if I need to cast undermine after i have cast it once???"

Orlandu from turn two use divine ruination almost 100% of the time.
Yun always raging bird, nothing else.
Friend units, Devine ruination or cover/warp break

RedZaraki

Banned
The 1% Event Moogles are absolutely, positively not worth it.

Seriously. 50k Event currency for five 1% moogles.

Just......take that 500 Energy or whatever and run Earth Shrine 500 times. You'll get WAY MORE TMR than 5% net.

If you have a good amount of bonus units (100%+), you can farm it much easier than most earlier events. I'm going to get:

Tickets
Greatsword
Katana (it has evade IIRC, even though it's not mentioned)
First Strike Materia (Evade + Counter - awesome!)
10% TM mog
Quartz
6* mats

I expect to have most of that by Tuesday evening. I'd say especially the two weapons and the materia, although of course summon tickets are always a good deal.

Thanks.
Durandal sword, worth it if you have Excalibur?

wilstreak

Daily Xiao

After 10 pull from this banner. Only got Lawrence.
If by Friday i still don't get 1 more banner unit, gonna pass up this event completely.

across

Just......take that 500 Energy or whatever and run Earth Shrine 500 times. You'll get WAY MORE TMR than 5% net.

You aren't wrong in stating that they aren't worth it, but the correct way to look at them is:

You're almost done with your Mog King shopping list, and in your last or next-to-last run you get a pack of Chocobos that puts you several thousand over what you need. No one would bother grinding up another 63000 currency for the 10% moogle, but you may decide it's worth it to do another couple runs to secure the 10k for one moogle.

or

You're bad or lazy at evaluating how many runs you need to do, and you finish your shopping list while you still have to run the event for the daily quest (I do this for literally every single MK event). The leftover currency from such runs may end up around the 10k mark, so you can convert it to a moogle instead of 6* mats you don't need or whatever.

It's just an option for leftover currency conversion, not something to consciously aim for.

RedZaraki

Banned
You aren't wrong in stating that they aren't worth it, but the correct way to look at them is:

You're almost done with your Mog King shopping list, and in your last or next-to-last run you get a pack of Chocobos that puts you several thousand over what you need. No one would bother grinding up another 63000 currency for the 10% moogle, but you may decide it's worth it to do another couple runs to secure the 10k for one moogle.

or

You're bad or lazy at evaluating how many runs you need to do, and you finish your shopping list while you still have to run the event for the daily quest (I do this for literally every single MK event). The leftover currency from such runs may end up around the 10k mark, so you can convert it to a moogle instead of 6* mats you don't need or whatever.

It's just an option for leftover currency conversion, not something to consciously aim for.

But, there's no 70k moogle this event. The 10% moogle is 30k.

across

But, there's no 70k moogle this event. The 10% moogle is 30k.

Exactly.

No one would have bothered, in previous events, to chase a 70k moogle with leftover currency, because it would simply take too much time/energy. So they've changed it to the more easily obtainable 10k moogles.

Whether it was changed (and it was changed in JP and is still this way, in other words this is the new normal) because Alim had internal numbers that suggested the 70k moogle was not being purchased, therefore they needed a different option, or because 20% for every MK event was deemed excessive, or some third reason, well, who knows. Your assessment depends on your level of cynicism.

Pejo

Well, back from vacation, trying to get caught up on stuff in the game.

-Finally got my Y'sh from points, only running Pro since the beginning of the Ifrit event. With all the stupid TM moogles I had for Shards of Genius, she's already at 85% TM.

-Orlandu still doesn't impress me, I've been using a ton of him from friend units on the Tactics event farming. I did 3 10+1's to get bonus units and hopefully snag him, but no dice. I got enough bonus units now to just grind the event though, so that's good.

-Did get a "troll" rainbow Dark Fina in one of those 10+1's, which was one of my most wanted 5* bases that I missed on-banner. Pretty excited about that.

-These 1% moogles were a mistake, it just feels so chintzy. I would rather they just kept the 10% expensive and rare like always, and for these and the 5% ones to not exist.

-Really burnt out on grinding events. I hope the next 2-3 are just the "Clear and done" type, or better yet - the Chinese New Year variety, which should be the gold standard of events moving forward.

Congrats to all of you dudes that got your Orlandus, btw!

Valonquar

Depends... I mean, sometimes I get nearly 10k points in one ELT run.

across

-Orlandu still doesn't impress me, I've been using a ton of him from friend units on the Tactics event farming. I did 3 10+1's to get bonus units and hopefully snag him, but no dice. I got enough bonus units now to just grind the event though, so that's good.

Orlandeau doesn't hit broken silliness level unless you're bringing two to chain with each other. He's still good, but absent having one of your own I don't really see much value in him over a properly kitted Noctis, Olive or Gilgamesh. At least until Agrias or Dark Veritas or whatever, down the track.

Dark Fina is a solid get though, grats!

Oooooh yes. Ty

Orlandeau doesn't hit broken silliness level unless you're bringing two to chain with each other. He's still good, but absent having one of your own I don't really see much value in him over a properly kitted Noctis, Olive or Gilgamesh. At least until Agrias or Dark Veritas or whatever, down the track.

I really like my Orlandu but I somehow feel like I would trade him for a Noctis...Noct is such a great unit, he can do everything and packs a punch.
Though, I really like my Orlandu too and maybe Noct will become less and less relevant down the line? So will Orlandu but way way down the line.

Pejo

Ah, yea that probably makes more sense. I'll wait to try to get him on a better banner then. I already have enough Tactics units for now, it'd be a waste to dive deep on this one. I'm sure he'll be on a player's choice banner in the future or something.

across

I really like my Orlandu but I somehow feel like I would trade him for a Noctis...Noct is such a great unit, he can do everything and packs a punch.
Though, I really like my Orlandu too and maybe Noct will become less and less relevant down the line? So will Orlandu but way way down the line.

Such is the fate of all gacha units. The trick is to enjoy it when you pull a new toy and not worry too much about relative power. You might daily Noctis in two weeks. Who knows?

Ah, yea that probably makes more sense. I'll wait to try to get him on a better banner then. I already have enough Tactics units for now, it'd be a waste to dive deep on this one. I'm sure he'll be on a player's choice banner in the future or something.

Almost certainly he will. I did it (and "won") but I still think this is a bad banner to go deep on. I have 3800 Lapis and 10 tickets (once I extract them from the Mog King) going into the upcoming banners. It took me almost 40 tickets to get Ling. I'm hoping Marshmallow Peep Bedile isn't worth pulling for or I'm in for trouble.

Syntsui

This is good advice and really makes a difference on the damage output.

Kouriozan

Let's hope that Noctis will get his removed skills back in Global with enhancements.
He his the only base 5* without auto-refresh, right?

EDIT : Randi/Yun/WKN and Halloween units don't have it either.

Lyrian

http://i.imgur.com/6n0REIY.png
http://i.imgur.com/Lsqc7PH.png

How do I hold all these orbs and raid coins?? I can't wait to sell those coins at the end of the week.

Edit: Just realized I had the same pic up there twice. Changed.

Yay, apparently my campus has re-banned Imgur as of this morning. Woot.

Realized that the combination of the easy ELT FFT-2 run + easy PRO Ifrit (for quick mindless rank xp) is currently quite top-tier (but not the godliness that was FFT-1 PRO).

PRO Ifrit: 300 rank xp per hour
ELT FFT-2: 300 rank xp per 13 energy --> ~277 rank xp per hour (12 energy)

Total: 577 rank xp per 12 energy per hour --> 48 rank xp per energy per hour

Add raid coins + red orbs to the payout and that's one hell of a wonderful payout (at least until the raid goes away after Thursday).

across

Yay, apparently my campus has re-banned Imgur as of this morning. Woot.

Realized that the combination of the easy ELT FFT-2 run + easy PRO Ifrit (for quick mindless rank xp) is currently quite top-tier (but not the godliness that was FFT-1 PRO).

PRO Ifrit: 300 rank xp per hour
ELT FFT-2: 300 rank xp per 13 energy --> ~277 rank xp per hour (12 energy)

Total: 577 rank xp per 12 energy per hour --> 48 rank xp per energy per hour

Add raid coins + red orbs to the payout and that's one hell of a wonderful payout (at least until the raid goes away after Thursday).

I'm going to miss the rank EXP, for sure. It's a hard life out here after rank 100.

For anyone who pulled Orlandeau, you can one-round Ifrit PRO with another Orlandeau friend if your attack is high enough. Carry some unit in for a blistering 5k exp. Not much, but it's energy-free. Comes out to a couple Gigantuars a day.

Pejo

What are the best materia choices for Olive? Doublehand + 3 30% attack materia? I'm playing around on the calculator and I can't seem to get into the 11XX range, despite seeing several of them on my friends list at one point.

Syntsui

What are the best materia choices for Olive? Doublehand + 3 30% attack materia? I'm playing around on the calculator and I can't seem to get into the 11XX range, despite seeing several of them on my friends list at one point.

Are you counting Odin ATK bonus and the 2x Bracers? You might as well check the equipments of these Olives on your friend list.

Pejo

Are you counting Odin ATK bonus and the 2x Bracers? You might as well check the equipments of these Olives on your friend list.

Yea I was looking but they've all been taken down for Orlandu.

Also, I think you're right, I didn't have an esper equipped, it just pushed the threshold. Thanks!

Olive BiS is

Sparky, Black Cowl, Brave Suit, 2x Bracer (Not sure if Infernal Armlet is better with how her ATK works, but like anyone has it anyway), Doublehand and 3x 30% ATK with Odin.

Lyrian

I'm going to miss the rank EXP, for sure. It's a hard life out here after rank 100.

Yes, yes it is.

Reached 109 last night, and already speeding towards 110. At 577 per hour, a player can earn upwards of ~10k rank xp per day without refilling, which is pretty darn good. Given that 110 requires 46k rank xp, I'll either reach or be right up on the line for 110 by the end of the raid Thursday night.

That will be 4 rank-ups post-100 during the raid event, which is incredible.

Practically nothing in the world of Lapis will help with the absolute brick wall that is ranking up after rank 120 though.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom