• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
What's the release order of units getting 6 stars / enhancements? Trying to prioritize who should get Gigangtuars first.

WoL > Agrias > Ramza (Enhancements) > DKC (enhancements)?

Kouriozan

What's the release order of units getting 6 stars / enhancements? Trying to prioritize who should get Gigangtuars first.

WoL (could be next week) > Ramza's enhancement > DKC's enhancement > Agrias 6* > Agrias's enhancement 10 days later.

across

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Update_Schedule

WoL 6* -> Ramza enhancements -> DKC enhancements -> Agrias 6* / enhancements, but...

That's JP. I'm personally skeptical they're going to drop Ramza's enhancements so early given his support dominance in JP. So use the JP timeline as a rough guide rather than a roadmap.

If you're trying to decide which of those four units should get Gigantuars first, the answer is WoL - his 6* form is definitely going to be releasing first out of that batch.

Visceir

WoL should be close but everything else is much too far off to be thinking about right now. By the time we get those we'd hopefully also have cactuar dunes/maze on a more regular basis.

Also, enhancements take a lot of materials that you most likely won't be able to obtain in the first month...or multiple months in regards to Agrias/DKC's upgrades.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
This week will be Lasswell 6* + First half of new continent. WoL and Garland will be waiting.

Also hope they throw out more 6* versions of old characters.

Valentus

The first batch of enhacements are (i think they all were released at the same time?) with the most notable ones are:

Cecil (focus uses less MP, Holy light gives auto-regen, Saintly Wall gives auto-refresh)

Chizuru (More Evasion, More %LB fill, More damage from Phantom Shadow)

Delita (5 turn -60% his respective debuffs, Meditate gives +65% MAG/SPR for 5 turns and recovers MP to party)

Garland (+100% doublehanded, +75% darkness weakness)

Garnet (Raise revives character with 90% HP)

Fina (avoid)

Karl (avoid)

Krile (avoid)

Kuja (+100% AoE thunder resistance)

Lid (avoid)

Lightning (crushing blow does -75% lightning resist + more atk)

Rain (Auto-Refresh, Leadership consumes less MP)

Ramza (turns into a singing god)

Roselia (recovers MP to party)

Snow (avoid)

across

Also, enhancements take a lot of materials that you most likely won't be able to obtain in the first month...or multiple months in regards to Agrias/DKC's upgrades.

Yeah. Won't it take a couple months just to +2 Ramza's Hero's Rime?

Also, Visceir, do you have any insight at all into Orlandeau's TM - if it's still relevant on any characters in JP? Trying to decide between Moogle-ing Orlandeau or Gilgamesh...

Visceir

Yeah. Won't it take a couple months just to +2 Ramza's Hero's Rime?

Also, Visceir, do you have any insight at all into Orlandeau's TM - if it's still relevant on any characters in JP? Trying to decide between Moogle-ing Orlandeau or Gilgamesh...

The highest tier enhancements mats can only be gotten via events and are limited, so you have to pick and choose who you want to enhance since you'll always have a limited amount. And yea, you won't be able to +2 Ramza the first month.

I think people still use Orlandu TM for arena since it can do more dmg than the usual 2x999 with DW, but other than that...not really. It might be nice on Firion until he gets enhancements.

across

The highest tier enhancements mats can only be gotten via events and are limited, so you have to pick and choose who you want to enhance since you'll always have a limited amount. And yea, you won't be able to +2 Ramza the first month.

I think people still use Orlandu TM for arena since it can do more dmg than the usual 2x999 with DW, but other than that...not really. It might be nice on Firion until he gets enhancements.

Much obliged for the response. I don't spend resources on making Arena easier since it's pretty trivial to begin with. I'll probably Moogle the Genji Glove and stick Orlandeau in the TM farming party to eventually finish.

edit: cleared a bunch of inactives from my list, sharing Ol' Land Ewe. 755 040 092 for anyone who wants.

Malakhov

Banned
Yeah! Daily was Gaffgarion, this unit was eluding me since he was launched. Finally will be able to get a bracer instead of the champion's belt.

Yesterday Ramza, today Gaffgarion. It's all good!

SeanTSC

Did some cleaning and got 1 spot for a Gaffer on my friend's list. Have a 897 Atk Orlandeau with Ifrit atm (forgot to put Flame Mail on).

434 572 945

Added Miguel from GAF. No more slots.

Actually screw it - bought 5 more slots, added 5 more. 0 slots open!

You need a tank in there. I'd go with Cecil, refia, ling, orlandu and olive if I were you.

Cecil does barfira round 1, focus round 2, provoke round 3 then rinse & repeat the rest of the fight. You can skip a focus or provoke for an emergency backup heal but never barfira.

Refia does Embolden first round, dual cast curaja the rest of the fight. If you get a break, recast embolden.

Ling breaks all the time. I don't like ling there, I'd prefer someone else like wol but I don't know if you have him. If not, bring a noctis friend.

Orlandu and olive chains with your friend unit.

I dit it with wol/Cecil/olive/Gilgamesh/refia and a noctis friend. You should be able to do it.

Yes I have a WOL, so maybe I'll try tossing him in there.

c-murph

Daily Orlandu!!!!!

I'm kidding it was Bedile.

All I have is Soleil. I need a few more units to farm more efficiently... Might have to do a few dailies even though I told myself not too... Predicaments. Although I am over due for another rainbow. (hoping for Marie, Ramza, Orlandeau)

Flambe

Grats on the Orlandus everyone, except those with multiples screw you guys ;)

Last ticket of event- Ovelia. Guess that's that except for dailies lol.

First big character banner I haven't whaled on to get the 5*, feels bad =P

Finally got my unit inventory cleared out due to pulling Y'shtola and in 30,000 points I'll have Y'shtola #2, who has basically no reason to exist lol.

Does her TM stack?

mstevens

I've had a very productive few days with the events and cactuar dunes. Got Orlandu, Marie, and Y'shtola to rank 6 level 100. Cecil is ready to be awoken to rank 6. Got Refia to rank 5, and WoL is almost rank 5 now too.

I'm almost looking forward to cactuar dunes ending so I can focus on getting some of these event items and replenishing my rank 6 mats.

Celegus

Wife has found 6 or 7 groups of chocobos today, mostly red... me, 0. I had one group yesterday! At least I know they exist based on her account.

Muku

Yesterday, ended up with 3 groups of Chocobos for the day. The morning one had 3 red. Evening ones had 3 black and the second group consisted of one black and two red.

Do the color Chocobos make a difference? For reward or anything? (I imagine their attacks differ, like in Tactics.)

SeanTSC

Just 1-turn-killed Ifrit ELT with Burrito Grande, Elza, Noctis x2, and Orlandeau + Friend Orlandeau.

Failed a couple times at it and retooled, and Elza didn't get resisted this time. I fall a little short if Elza gets resisted.. Not going to keep doing it, just wanted to prove that I could. I could definitely do it every time even when resisted if I had more TM gear (Noctis2 is super scrubby atm, not even 500 Atk and no DW).

Elza - Orlandeau - Orlandeau - Noctis - Noctis with no DW on the second Noctis gets me a 34 chain every time with my macro and Noctis hits at the end for full bonus. Would be 37 if I had the full kit.

Definitely going to be a monster team, especially when Ramza becomes the one true UtaPri and replaces Burrito and when all my DPS TMs are finished.

Celegus

Yesterday, ended up with 3 groups of Chocobos for the day. The morning one had 3 red. Evening ones had 3 black and the second group consisted of one black and two red.

Do the color Chocobos make a difference? For reward or anything? (I imagine their attacks differ, like in Tactics.)

Per the wiki:

Cúchulainn the Impure is occasionally replaced by 3 bonus monsters which may be any combination of Chocobo, Black Chocobo and/or Red Chocobo, which drop Red Orb100, Red Orb300, and Red Orb500, respectively.

Red Chocobo (bonus monster) can counter with Choco Meteor which can deal over 9000 damage to one party member in ELT (condition for this attack unknown).

Muku

Well... first Chocobo batch today finally. Was wondering when I'd see yellow when I wrote last post. Now three yellow take up my screen.

Ah, so I'd been getting better deals until now. Not surprising. And yeah, I figured red would do Meteor. Hate those fuckers in Tactics. I never let the Chocobos last beyond first round.

c-murph

Wish I could get some grinding in on this event but I have way too much school work to do.

Next weekend I should be able to get a bit in. Only really plan on grabbing the TM Moogle and Upgrade mats.

Muku

My list is slightly growing as I look further into list. Also, guess it helps I have Orlandu and so many others on my list have him as well. Just picked up Kiyomori. Chizuru earned it. Especially after Orlandu jacked her Chiji.

I just noticed Poach on list of stuff. No limit. Those can be stacked, correct?

Hey all!

I've been on vacation all of last week, so I'm just catching up on all the posts. I was able to play the game while I was away, although not nearly as much as I usually do. Still, I played enough of the Ifrit Raid to get all of the units including 4 Y'Shtollas from pulls, enough Thancreds to make 4 of his TM so far, and 2 Minifilias with enough singular moogles for her TM to get 1 of those.

Unfortunately, I think I used up all of my rainbow luck getting the Y'shtollas, because my luck on the Thunder God banner has been AWFUL. Well... I did get Lawrence and 3 Olevias to help with the bonus orbs, but otherwise it's been a parade of trash level blues. I used 12 tickets and have done the daily pull every day, and outside of the 4 banner units I have gotten Bedile twice, Shantotto twice, Bartz, and Tellah. And believe it or not... those were my BETTER pulls. So no hint of a gold much less a rainbow pull. All blue crap.

I'll hit up both the raid and the event more next week, but I don't trust my luck at all right now so I'm just doing the daily pulls and maybe a ticket or two as I get them. I would love to get Orlandu randomly, but I'm not going to chase him. Especially on such a crappy banner.

Congrats to everyone here that got the Orlandu pull, though! I would try and quote everyone, but I'm pretty damn sure that every single frickin' person on my friends list is sharing one right now so I think it would take me forever to hit up all the posts.

Assuming I don't pull a random rainbow, I think I will start an exclusive club just for those around here that don't have a Noctis nor an Orlandu. Judging by my friends list, I'm pretty sure I'm the only member. At least I can be the cool kid in my own club!

Muku

I wanted Orlandu really bad BECAUSE I didn't have Noctis. Still really want him. And would have been happy even if the Rainbow I got had been him and not Orlandu. Noctis is just way too good for utility to not want to get. One day. :(

At least you have Orlandu galore for bonus though in your list. :D

Kouriozan

I already pot-ed to the max the relevant stats of Tilith/Firion/WoL/Agrias and even started on a second Agrias since I have too much pots and don't know what do to with.
It's worse with MAG pots, the day I got The Emperor I could max him up instantly and still had too much MAG pots.

Thankfully WoL upgrade should be soonish (and so his max pot cap), my other solution is to increase my unit slots by a lot.

Lyrian

Yes. Yes you absolutely did.

Yup. Seconded.

1.8 million points and still no naturally pulled Y'shtolas. Thinking about stopping at 2 million, should my drought still continue, and sell coins at that point to recoup cactaur feeding costs from this weekend before the raid ends on Thursday.

Not sure how I feel about the chaining macro. Automating TMs is one thing, but using hyper-accelerated macros to create normally impossible chains (via human reflexes) strikes me as morally wrong to do and feels like it crosses "the line" in regard to macros into outright cheating.

Rixa

1445375 raid points. I can do rest of event Pro, prolly don't have much time to do ELT during week. Still 0 pulled Y'shtola, latest 5k gave this :D

Screenshot_20170326-230113.png

Muku

So, question. When you have a unit like Orlandu with say Lightning Stab. It's not listed under Magic. Does the damage off that attack go strictly on ATK? Or is it worth having MAG as well for it?

I should have asked this a long time ago, because it relates to Yun as well with Blazing Heart.

Valentus

So, question. When you have a unit like Orlandu with say Lightning Stab. It's not listed under Magic. Does the damage off that attack go strictly on ATK? Or is it worth having MAG as well for it?

I should have asked this a long time ago, because it relates to Yun as well with Blazing Heart.

Lightning stab is a physical attack. Blazing Heart is also a Physical Attack.

Physical Attacks relates with ATK and enemy's DEF.

Muku

Lightning stab is a physical attack. Blazing Heart is also a Physical Attack.

Physical Attacks relates with ATK and enemy's DEF.

That's what I thought, re: them both being physical. Thank you. :) Just wasn't sure if there was a magical component to it. Gotta figure out where to put this MAG pot now. Wish it wasn't MAG pot but something else instead. Still chugging along in Ifrit thing and these pots are going to Orlandu for now. If he can use anyway.

Kettch

Man, there's a surprisingly large difference between 30% break and 45% break. Got around to trying ELT Ifrit and he would occasionally kill people when I was using Noctis breaks, but no one even went below half health when I just let Ling break constantly.

WoL's 6* upgrade can't come soon enough.

EDIT: By the way, I know dual wield gives you two chances to break on attack skills, but does it do the same on non-attack breaks? Wondering how necessary it'll be for WoL.

I've been Gacha clean for over a month, but today's my birthday and TGCid fever is itching.

Everyone remind me how bad the rates are for 5* before I make a mistake and spend more money... I need to stay F2P...

Lyrian

Man, there's a surprisingly large difference between 30% break and 45% break. Got around to trying ELT Ifrit and he would occasionally kill people when I was using Noctis breaks, but no one even went below half health when I just let Ling break constantly.

WoL's 6* upgrade can't come soon enough.

EDIT: By the way, I know dual wield gives you two chances to break on attack skills, but does it do the same on non-attack breaks? Wondering how necessary it'll be for WoL.

The power of incremental percentages :)

Just think how ridiculous Ifrit would be if he required Barfiriga/Flame Guard (70% resist) instead of Barfira (50% resist). He would be annihilating teams left and right with only a normal exhale of his breath if 70% resist was needed to make his attacks even manageable for ELT-level teams.

Dual Wield grants two attempts at a break **IF** the break has a physical damage component to it. So Ling's dances = no, single target breaks (like Power Break) = yes.

I've been Gacha clean for over a month, but today's my birthday and TGCid fever is itching.

Everyone remind me how bad the rates are for 5* before I make a mistake and spend more money... I need to stay F2P...

The rates are garbage as all hell and you definitely don't need the guy. Don't spend money on nothing.

Kettch

The power of incremental percentages :)

Just think how ridiculous Ifrit would be if he required Barfiriga/Flame Guard (70% resist) instead of Barfira (50% resist). He would be annihilating teams left and right with only a normal exhale of his breath if 70% resist was needed to make his attacks even manageable for ELT-level teams.

Dual Wield grants two attempts at a break **IF** the break has a physical damage component to it. So Ling's dances = no, single target breaks (like Power Break) = yes.

I guess that's a no for WoL then? His new ones are just AoE debuffs with no damage.

Lyrian

I guess that's a no for WoL then? His new ones are just AoE debuffs with no damage.

Looks like it.

Full break would work because of the damage component, but Arms/Armor Eraser does not so his 6* breaks would not fire twice via Dual Wield.

That's why a 2nd breaker is recommended as a friend unit for ELT (Noctis or Orlandeau). Ling is awesome and all that, but when RNG laughs and blocks her Daunting Step two times in a row, bad things happen very, very quickly. As others have said, redundancy is the key on this one. Falling back on Full Break is fine for a single round when the 45% break fails, but I wouldn't want to depend on only a 30% break for a fight as long as Ifrit for more than a turn or two at most.

c-murph

The rates are garbage as all hell and you definitely don't need the guy. Don't spend money on nothing.

This. You'll get a rainbow when you get a rainbow. I stop chasing after 5* base unit. They exist only to take your money and they're a waste of resources. Build your team around future dropping gold characters as they become 6* and offer wonderful TMs too. They're also easily obtainable unlike the rainbows. Just plan ahead and save lapis and tickets for what you need to increase our team's strength.

If you absolutely have to have Cid then just friend half of GAF. But nobody needs any specific character to beat the game.

Menchi

Just hit 1.2 Mil, claim Y'shtola, chuck the Shard TM into her, think I can get some more so do a raid pull... And they give me another Y'shtola XD

Her TM stacks right? Thinking if it'll be worth keeping a second of her around just in case

Just hit 1.2 Mil, claim Y'shtola, chuck the Shard TM into her, think I can get some more so do a raid pull... And they give me another Y'shtola XD

Her TM stacks right? Thinking if it'll be worth keeping a second of her around just in case

That's the situation I'm in now. If her TM doesn't stack I see no reason to keep a 2nd one.

Loving those +10% HP/ATK TM from Thancred though. Not a whale so I don't have many 15% nor any 20/30% TMs yet, so this Raid is a god send for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom