• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you mean with Infernal Armlet ? is it hard to come by or what?
I know Zera has it..

It's a TM from a unit that was only on the Halloween banner. Demon Rain. Base 5*, but the banner had a 2nd base 5*. None of the units from that banner are actually very good, so most people didn't pull much if at all. Zera is probably the only person in the community with the unit/TM.

Alkez

Yay, apparently my campus has re-banned Imgur as of this morning. Woot.

Realized that the combination of the easy ELT FFT-2 run + easy PRO Ifrit (for quick mindless rank xp) is currently quite top-tier (but not the godliness that was FFT-1 PRO).

PRO Ifrit: 300 rank xp per hour
ELT FFT-2: 300 rank xp per 13 energy --> ~277 rank xp per hour (12 energy)

Total: 577 rank xp per 12 energy per hour --> 48 rank xp per energy per hour

Add raid coins + red orbs to the payout and that's one hell of a wonderful payout (at least until the raid goes away after Thursday).

I was thinking I was leveling up way too fast. I ranked up around 3pm yesterday and I'm already halfway to my next rank up (6pm my time).

It's a TM from a unit that was only on the Halloween banner. Demon Rain. Base 5*, but the banner had a 2nd base 5*. None of the units from that banner are actually very good

I will defend Black Cat Lid till the day I stop playing this game lol. That was a great unit as far as I'm concerned.

But yeah the rest wasn't great.

I was thinking I was leveling up way too fast. I ranked up around 3pm yesterday and I'm already halfway to my next rank up (6pm my time).

I will defend Black Cat Lid till the day I stop playing this game lol. That was a great unit as far as I'm concerned.

But yeah the rest wasn't great.

BCL is the best unit on there for sure, but she is very niche. Since she is also a max 5* her usefulness will continue to diminish if she never gets a 6*.

bonkeng

Olive BiS is

Sparky, Black Cowl, Brave Suit, 2x Bracer (Not sure if Infernal Armlet is better with how her ATK works, but like anyone has it anyway), Doublehand and 3x 30% ATK with Odin.

Not any more. Lawrence's TM is best for Olive.

Also, Bracer is much better than Infernal Armlet on Olive. Infernal Armlet = 38 atk, Bracer = 82.5 atk (30 + 175% bonus from Sparky, Innate and DH)

Not any more. Lawrence's TM is best for Olive.

Also, Bracer is much better than Infernal Armlet on Olive. Infernal Armlet = 38 atk, Bracer = 82.5 atk (30 + 175% bonus from Sparky, Innate and DH)

Ohhh yeah I forgot that DH increases equipment ATK not innate ATK. Guess I need to get a Lawrence TM.

Edit: Actually the increase is negligible so I will just wait until I get enough Lawrence's from future pulls and fuse.

Visceir

Kinda silly but I'm actually rather hyped to get Amelia's TM for Olive (+30% atk when guns equipped on armor). Guess it'll be another month+ before we get her though.

Alkez

BCL is the best unit on there for sure, but she is very niche. Since she is also a max 5* her usefulness will continue to diminish if she never gets a 6*.

Yeah for sure. She was great for her time. I'm sure there were a couple of bosses you could just cheese with her hex strike back then.

Man that feels like a life time ago. Are we even playing the same game anymore lol.

tuffymon

Brave Suit would increase Olive's ATK by 28.5 if she is fully ATK potted.
Monster Breastplate would increase it by 33 if you have Doublehand as well as Sparky.

Thanks... that kinda feels nice that (while taking MORE Tms to do so) a 4 star Tm that should* be easier to obtain can have the potential to beat out a 5* Tm that a smaller % will have.

forgrim

I managed to pull an orlandeau after using my stored up lapis, and damn, i can now clear elite ifrit without too much trouble. His chains are ridiculous.

New rare summons so much better, im still haunted by my rainbow garlands.

Valentus

Olive BiS is

Sparky, Black Cowl, Brave Suit, 2x Bracer (Not sure if Infernal Armlet is better with how her ATK works, but like anyone has it anyway), Doublehand and 3x 30% ATK with Odin.

Actually... Lawrence TM armor gives olive 2 more atk than a Brave suit.

Also , i think acerac has a demon Rain Too.

Not to mention Zeta had 2 rain's and fused one lmao

Pejo

Olive BiS is

Hmm, I wonder if Lawrence's new TM would eek out Brave Suit for her, on attack stat only. I think either way I'm going to put it on her, since I only have one Brave Suit, and it's probably going to stay on Noctis. Either way, thanks for this list, I can hit almost all of it without gimping Noctis, once I get a few more ATK+30% materia and finish some more Bracers.

*Edit* I'm obviously late to this conclusion. I need to F5 before posting, lol.

Kouriozan

Next exploration events are either Aileen or Tidus (FF X banner), I guess Gumi will release an exclusive event soon enough.
And Mysidia please.

Actually... Lawrence TM armor gives olive 2 more atk than a Brave suit.

Really? What is wrong with my math so I know not to do that in the future lol.

Monster BP = 12 + 175% from DH shit = 33
Brave Suit is base ATK which potted is 190 x 15% = 28.5

At least that is what I thought. Either way 2 or 5 is too small a number for me to even care about since I already have multiple Brave Suits done.

RedZaraki

Banned
Actually......chaining with Orlandeau and Olive still kinda evades me.

Like.....it doesn't always work the same. Inconsistently.

I'm using Olive + Orlandeau + Friend Orlandeau. Battle Effects off.

Gotta cue up True Shot first, and then I try to use both Divine Ruinations simultaneously via cue up and Auto Toggle. But the instant is hard to pin down. Not sure if I should maybe be staggering the DRs instead.

Actually......chaining with Orlandeau and Olive still kinda evades me.

Like.....it doesn't always work the same. Inconsistently.

I'm using Olive + Orlandeau + Friend Orlandeau. Battle Effects off.

Gotta cue up True Shot first, and then I try to use both Divine Ruinations simultaneously via cue up and Auto Toggle. But the instant is hard to pin down. Not sure if I should maybe be staggering the DRs instead.

They probably don't have an Excalibur equipped on the ones that do less DMG. I noticed the same thing, and then checked the equips after, and that was what I noticed. Could be something else obviously.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Well i finally max leveled Ling *small-steps*

I hope i manage to get Yshtola before she is gone - otherwise i will try to play the game more regularly starting next month in regards of log-in boni and Arena.
I managed to pull an orlandeau after using my stored up lapis, and damn, i can now clear elite ifrit without too much trouble. His chains are ridiculous.

New rare summons so much better, im still haunted by my rainbow garlands.

Damn....you are entering beast mode - congrats.
I already saw that you were rocking Olive as well...very nice.

Alkez

Does anyone know how high tide works? Does it half the amount of LB crystals you need to get your LB, or does it double their worth?

The reason I'm asking is I'm wondering if Auto Limit or Ignorance are affected by it.

Does anyone know how high tide works? Does it half the amount of LB crystals you need to get your LB, or does it double their worth?

The reason I'm asking is I'm wondering if Auto Limit or Ignorance are affected by it.

i think it doubles the worth of dropped crystals

it doesnt directly interact with ignorance and auto limit

those abilities just award crystals every turn regardless and i dont think it give high tide value buuuttt... im not sure

maybe ill look into it! Anyone with chizzy and Auto limit should be able to test this

Pejo

For those of you with Mercedes' axe, is there any good use for it presently or in the future besides giving it back to Mercedes, or to Randi (who I don't have?) I maxed it out just pulling dupe Mercedes, and it's just kinda sitting in my inventory. Kinda sucks to just sit on a 120dmg weapon, but it seems to give less attack than a lot of the built-in mastery stuff for Greg/Noct, especially with Blade Mastery. Maybe Ling or someone else with bad equip options with Equip Axe materia?

Pejo

What's the best unit to max LB after Cecil?

Got a King Burst Pot just sitting here. ExDeath is not on my A-Team.

Noctis/Minfilia are good for damage+buff, and they're both on useful characters for harder content.

If you plan on using Y'sh, her's is straight up damage reduction and can go higher than 50% reduction at higher levels, I think.

Bought everything from the Mog King except for the staff/hoop unit specific materia, and that Lifefont materia. Oh and those 5 moogles...no thanks. Bought 6 Poach materia just in case, might get 4 more. Still going to farm the event until it's over as I am done TM farming for now should be able to get a few stacks of all the 6* mats by the time it's done. This event is fantastic.

Bought everything from the Mog King except for the staff/hoop unit specific materia, and that Life Font materia. Oh and those 5 moogles...no thanks. Bought 6 Poach materia just in case, might get 4 more. Still going to farm the event until it's over as I am done TM farming for now should be able to get a few stacks of all the 6* mats by the time it's done. This event is fantastic.

Congrats!

I focused on the tickets to try and pull some banner units (and maybe an Orlandu) and didn't really run the event until I had some bonus units in place. I only have a Lawrence and 3 Ovelias, though. Which still nets me ~850 or so orbs per run if I bring along a friend Orlandu, but it's not nearly enough to run the shop if I want to grab everything I want.

And personally I've only had two sets of three chocobos in 85 runs so far. I'm glad others are having more luck in that regard, but they have been just as rare as the doublicorn in my book. Might as well not even be a part of the event for me.

Musings

Bought everything from the Mog King except for the staff/hoop unit specific materia, and that Lifefont materia. Oh and those 5 moogles...no thanks. Bought 6 Poach materia just in case, might get 4 more. Still going to farm the event until it's over as I am done TM farming for now should be able to get a few stacks of all the 6* mats by the time it's done. This event is fantastic.

Damn, have you been refilling or just incredibly lucky with Chocobos?

RedZaraki

Banned
OH

I'm dumb.

Just realized that it was my Orlandeau's not chaining. I thought it was braindead easy but it's actually difficult.

If you just queue simultaneously they WON'T chain. So you can't toggle Auto or hit repeat.. Well, they will chain to like 14, but there will be a gap and the chain will reset.

You can get a 27 chain with 2 orlandeaus if you time it just right. And that timing requires manual, near simultaneous clicking. Just like a couple milliseconds staggered.

tuffymon

Damn, have you been refilling or just incredibly lucky with Chocobos?

I felt that the chocobos have been SOOOOOO much better than previous events... I looked up my numbers 6 yellow, 5 black, and 20 red. 104 runs elt runs.

edit apparently still crap compared to @Hippo lol

I really wish there was a Requeue button that reselects all of your previous turns actions and then lets you hit them for proper timing. That would be far more useful than the Reset button, >_>.

Musings

I did a single refill the first day to get the cactuars to level my first Orlandu, but otherwise no. I did rank up twice I believe so far though. I am running triple Orlandu (with friend) and triple Soleil so 525% bonus. I have seen 36 Red, 9 Black, 12 Yellow Chocobos in 104 clears.

Damn! So far I'm relying on other peoples bonus units but have managed to get all of the cactuars so I could level my Greg. Still haven't seen a single Chocobo.

On the bright side Gumi has a sense of humour, I finally get Y'shtola from the raid... Do a summon and pull her. Woop for that quad cast I guess.

Pretty much done with the event since Saturday: all tickets, swords, evade/counter tm, 100 gigantuars, esper crystals, 30k moogle all done. Orlandu, Orlandu, soliel, Soliel, Alma, and friend Orlandu for the lulz give so many points. Chocobros have been very generous to me. Will do one energies worth of runs one last time to ensure I didn't miss anything I want.

Holy RNG, Batman!!
How in the hell have you guys seen so many??? Looking at my stats, I have seen 3 black, 2 yellow, and 1 red in 85 runs.

I mean.... damn. This game really does hate me. I'm not just paranoid.

I have been throwing Gysahl Greens. :p

I saw 7 doublicorns out of 77 runs.

I saw 23 rabites out of 108 runs.

I saw 1 nimbus out of 72 runs.

This time Rng favors me~ It doesn't always though.

Yeah, my luck the last few has been shit. 8 Doublicorns/150 clears. 3 Bombs/1 Nimbus in 97 clears and 62 Rabites in 181 clears.

tuffymon

Holy RNG, Batman!!
How in the hell have you guys seen so many??? Looking at my stats, I have seen 3 black, 2 yellow, and 1 red in 85 runs.

I mean.... damn. This game really does hate me. I'm not just paranoid.

I saw 7 doublicorns out of 77 runs.

I saw 23 rabites out of 108 runs.

I saw 1 nimbus out of 72 runs.

This time Rng favors me~ It doesn't always though.

Edit: just looked at first places points... I can't fathom the amount of currency gained / converted into gil that person will have... they are literally set for life sheesh >.>;

Alkez

i think it doubles the worth of dropped crystals

it doesnt directly interact with ignorance and auto limit

those abilities just award crystals every turn regardless and i dont think it give high tide value buuuttt... im not sure

maybe ill look into it! Anyone with chizzy and Auto limit should be able to test this

That logic looks sound to me, thanks.

Was thinking about Rikku when she drops. Having 4 Ignorance TMs would mean she could get her LB every 2 turns. Was hoping there was a way to allow her to have it every turn but it doesn't look like it's possible atm.

Xion86

What's the best unit to max LB after Cecil?

Got a King Burst Pot just sitting here. ExDeath is not on my A-Team.

Going for Noctis next here.

Just swapped out Refia for invisible chair lady Y'shtola, sad times :( will miss the Chocobo hug.
I wish she had innate immunity to silence, paralyze, confuse and petrify like Refia though :( didn't realise and got surprised during Ifrit ELT.

Xion86

why Y´shtola instead of Refia with dualcast?
Isnt refia better with Dualcast?

Well lots of people were saying how she's much better, much higher ranked too, so decided to try her out:
http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Unit_Rankings

She has some lovely skills. Just having my first fight with her in my team now to see how she is.

How does everyone else feel about her v.s. Refia? My Refia is fully potted, so Y'sh needs to catch up there.

Malakhov

Banned
Well lots of people were saying how she's much better, much higher ranked too, so decided to try her out:
http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Unit_Rankings

She has some lovely skills. Just having my first fight with her in my team now to see how she is.

How does everyone else feel about her v.s. Refia? My Refia is fully potted, so Y'sh needs to catch up there.
She is higher ranked because of innate dual cast I believe. Refia with dual cast is a much better unit.

Xion86

She is higher ranked because of innate dual cast I believe. Refia with dual cast is a much better unit.

Urgh...yeah I'm not liking her too much.

innate immunity to silence, paralyze, confuse and petrify > innate dual cast for me

She NEEDS to have a Jeweled Ring on at all times :(
Shame as she has some great skills.

FUCK just tried RedZirakis strategy of timing the Orlandu Devine attack with another Orlandu to get 27 chains.... wow its fucking slaughters the ELT ifrit boss. why havent I done this before??

Its tricky though, need to be synced so well

Malakhov

Banned
Urgh...yeah I'm not liking her too much.

innate immunity to silence, paralyze, confuse and petrify > innate dual cast for me
Yep, immunities and while Yshtola might have shellga and protectga, in a hard and long fight, you'll have a support unit anyway and Refia has embolden.

But most importantly for me, Refia has full life instead of raise in yshtolas case, which is a game changer in a hard fight.

Xion86

FUCK just tried RedZirakis strategy of timing the Orlandu Devine attack with another Orlandu to get 27 chains.... wow its fucking slaughters the ELT ifrit boss. why havent I done this before??

Its tricky though, need to be synced so well

Nice :) never tried this myself, I just press both Divine Ruination and a Warp Strike at the same time and repeat that lol.

Yep, immunities and while Yshtola might have shellga and protectga, in a hard and long fight, you'll have a support unit anyway and Refia has embolden.

But most importantly for me, Refia has full life instead of raise in yshtolas case, which is a game changer in a hard fight.

Yeah I'd really miss Full-Life too! That's a godsend. I equip my Refia with Equip H Shield so she can have an Aegis Shield too (Ling and Cecil have the 2 Flame Shields I have).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom