• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Guide Box Set from Prima listed on GameStop.com (FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX)

Magwik

Banned
Couldn't fit guide in the title ;-;
The Final Fantasy Box Set is a must have for fans of this beloved series.
The set includes hardcover versions of Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy IX, each comes with a ribbon bookmark and deluxe cover treatment.
Each guide has been redesigned from scratch and updated with new high resolution screen shots. In addition, the set comes with three iconic game images printed for first time as holographic lithographs.
The three holographic prints are secured in a beautiful slipcase with magnetic closure.
86f96973144e0e6574e5b341e3fa2335.png

Searched but couldn't find anything.

Brannon

.....NINE!?!?!

*twitch*

aw man... finally?

EDIT: They're only guides. I hate you and the mother you came out of :(

duckroll

Do you even read the stuff you're sourcing before posting? It's a box set of strategy guides for the 3 games with updated stuff. Not games.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Pretty sure you don't need to list the platforms for guides and could have put guide in the title easily without them.

MrBS

Looks like more of this 'uber' range of guides prima are churning out. Interesting they are going for old titles or is there a rerelease on the cards for PC at least? FFIX on PC official would be interesting.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Wasnt there news of some trilogy set from square that nobody knew what it was? What if they time the release of these guides with some type of game re-release. I could see it happening.

I'd love to get hardcover guides for these games but $130 is absurdly expensive! :(

To say nothing of the extremely poor quality of their FF9 guide: "For the rest of this part of the guide, log into PlayOnline.com!"

So if they do anything to improve it, they'll get rid of all the playonline garbage and just put it onto special pages.

Duxxy3

To say nothing of the extremely poor quality of their FF9 guide: "For the rest of this part of the guide, log into PlayOnline.com!"

So if they do anything to improve it, they'll get rid of all the playonline garbage and just put it onto special pages.

Wait, seriously? They do that? That is fucked up.

Minions

Wasn't that the Brady guide version that had all those references? I felt robbed when I bought that guide.... It it was missing so much that pointed to a website to get the rest of the information.... it was like buying a book full of hyper links. At least the cover was metallic.

I'm interested in picking these up.... more $50 interested. No where near the $130 they are seeking.

Son Of D

Wasnt there news of some trilogy set from square that nobody knew what it was? What if they time the release of these guides with some type of game re-release. I could see it happening.

The prequel trilogy trademark? That was for a Vita port of Chaos Rings III that had elements of the first two games included.

Wasn't that the Brady guide version that had all those references? I felt robbed when I bought that guide.... It it was missing so much that pointed to a website to get the rest of the information.... it was like buying a book full of hyper links. At least the cover was metallic.

Oh hey you're right. Wires crossed.
iXt0FTJzK7GLH.jpg

jschreier

A few years ago I e-mailed the author of that guide in hopes of doing an interview to find out just what had happened there.

His response:

Slow news week? ;)

I do not comment on books/games that old. Please direct your queries to BradyGames.

:(

And yet "for PC, PS3, and Vita" was completely unnecessary...
Hahahaha so true.

Well, they could include some codes for at least digital copies of the games.....but that would make sense and this is Squeenix were talking about.

waiting to see the inevitable E-Store exclusive version

Top Bottom