• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Guide Box Set from Prima listed on GameStop.com (FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX)

Minions

Anyone willing to get burned twice deserves it. Personally I hope they get the feedback about how garbage these guides are and delay/put out more of an effort on that set.

Though it seems all they want to do is essentially release the old guides for 2x+ the price the guides were at launch. Reduced overhead by not having to do much of anything within the guides.... just a cash grab.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It's not much of a rip-off. You get three hardcover strategy guides for 90$, so 30$ each. It seems like the standard price for hardcover strategy guides.

I am so glad I cancelled that shit.

Priceless.

It's nice that they do something like this instead of beating older games to ground with newer technology (minus the remake they're doing). But they obviously didn't do a perfect job at making it something special for the fans. The games were heavily credited when they were out. Final Fantasy VIII was on par with the Dreamcast as an alternative the year it came out. To me, they could have done a better job with that much money. The US doesn't even get the Ultimania books.

hqLE680h.jpg

Reminds me of the FFIII (VI) guide that has a quick little description of Relm but shows Kefka artwork. I was really confused when I first saw it.

Minions

Amazon took their listing off amazon for review due to all the complaints.

Amazon.com said:
Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

Hopefully they keep it off.

Top Bottom