• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy music at the Olympics Athens 2004!

Senretsu

So I was watching synchronized swimming, don't ask why, but I was watching it today. And up next comes USA's duet team (who picked up a bronze medal for this tough performance, you go girls!). During their routine I hear some familiar music playing in the background but can't quite place it, when all of a sudden I hear a choir chanting "Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec" and it instantly clicked, the intro music from Final Fantasy VIII. It was the last half of the song. Unexpected, but I thought it was pretty cool.

miyuru

No way, that's awesome. Usually for those kinds of events they'll say what the music is too, depending on the broadcast. Well, at least for figure skating ^_^

Trevelyon

Stupid commentators were to loud during that event, I couldn't really hear that well. But.. yeh it was pretty cool, nice choreography with the music, they should've won.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
GOD FINAL FANTASY FANGIRLS NEED TO RUIN THE OLYMPICS TOO.

First anime conventions and now this, when will they stop!?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
"Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec" isn't an original though, right? I thought it was based off something else..or wasn't that the Sephiroth song from FFVII?
I'm probably wrong, but I know something is something.

RevenantKioku said:
"Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec" isn't an original though, right? I thought it was based off something else..or wasn't that the Sephiroth song from FFVII?
I'm probably wrong, but I know something is something.

"One Winged Angel" ("the Sephiroth song") does crib its lyrics from Orff's Carmina Burana, but the composition is a Uematsu original.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Greenpanda said:
"One Winged Angel" ("the Sephiroth song") does crib its lyrics from Orff's Carmina Burana, but the composition is a Uematsu original.

Problem solved!
So this truth of the olympics is still bizarre yet pleasant.

Rahul

I was out having dinner at a Chinese/Japanese restaurant one time and noticed FFVII Reunion and the FFX main theme playing as well. I wonder how/if these places arrange for the rights to play such music publically (or did I just answer my own question)?

Top Bottom