• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road

Beatrix is such a boring boss in this game. It's not even hard, just boring. I don't know why they use her so much (she was also the super boss at the end of the latest FFIX event in Japan). The worst part is I got a 3* NEO from all fights, no Major or at least a Greater shiny at the end to excite me.

Even with the damage output of and entire team double-cutting a retaliator with 5* RS weapon I still lost one medal to action. I guess you need Advance.

Edit: Spent another 60 stamina and another 3* NEO. Yep, RNG hates me. I'll just do the new dungeons.

i8mYSfwkYAqNfSyResUeqs5nh0n347iVhwsWfKi05vAr=w250-h872-no
DUQBkWue8eeeI8eCAVfTMvT_-NoDPG5cj4H5UybR57jn=w250-h872-no

I'm using up all the rng, I am now 2 for 2 with getting the major out of Beatrix 3. Have 7 total. I wonder what a realistic goal should be if I maxed my runs out at 8 per day until the rinoa event. Unfortunately you need a ton to make any of the abilities useful, by which I mean r2-18 to craft and hone once. Not to mention the other majors needed, but having one requirement checked off the list would be great.

Thankfully, the massive gold obviates the need to troll for Gil and the upcoming festival and massive amount of major growth eggs means skipping a week or two of exp farming is not a big deal whatsoever.

So the latest classic FFXIII dungeon has Brynhildr as a boss. On classic at least it seems the doom cast is not AoE. It is also 60 seconds (I think the lightning event gave 90 seconds). Oh also has status weakness of paralyze (at least that is what the inspector said).

Falk

that puzzling face
It doesn't really matter in any case. Without Break Resist her damage is a joke after Sazh (or whoever) applies Breakdowns.

Also you can lose a shit ton of medals assuming you 9-medalled the trash with recharging AOE cheese.

MicH

Beatrix #3 is a pushover with Advance + Retaliate combo. My Tyro only had 211 attack and still demolished her. Didn't get a MNEO or even a GNEO though :(((((

Balphon

I tried to do Beatrix 3 without Reflect but I couldn't manage it. Might have been possible if I'd brought any healing but I couldn't spare the slot for it.

Same group worked fine once I swapped one of Terra's nukes for Reflect.

Vorpal

Wow, Pressure Point went 4/4 on OHKOs with the Sorcerers in that first new story dungeon. REFIA BEAST MODE.

Also I had no idea that anyone equipped with Healer RM will automatically target the party member with the lowest HP! Auto-battling through classic content just got super convenient.

I don't suppose any of you guys have an Advance RW that I can add? (mutual follow would be <3)
I can't seem to find the GAF RW list anymore either. :<

Red Mage

Wow, Pressure Point went 4/4 on OHKOs with the Sorcerers in that first new story dungeon. REFIA BEAST MODE.

Also I had no idea that anyone equipped with Healer RM will automatically target the party member with the lowest HP! Auto-battling through classic content just got super convenient.

I hate you. >: |

Garnet won't drop the stupid thing for me. ;.;

MicH

I finished the entire event with no IX gear except the stuff the event gives out. The staff given in the event beats most staves once synergy is added

Vorpal

Hell, I've gone through heroic dailies that way, other than the exp daily of course.

Nice! I'll have to try that out. Pairing Healer RM with Zealot and Double Hit seems really effective, especially with RS.

Does Healer scale with any particular stat? Garnet is healing for about 450 whereas Edgar was doing something like 280 with it. Wondering if I could edge up that 450 any more.

I hate you. >: |

Garnet won't drop the stupid thing for me. ;.;

You have my sympathy. RM grinds can be a total pain!

Nice! I'll have to try that out. Pairing Healer RM with Zealot and Double Hit seems really effective, especially with RS.

Does Healer scale with any particular stat? Garnet is healing for about 450 whereas Edgar was doing something like 280 with it. Wondering if I could edge up that 450 any more.

You have my sympathy. RM grinds can be a total pain!

I assumed it was mnd, I use it with a healer holding a judgment staff and hit on the 400s.

Yeah, your heaviest hitter with double hit, another with zealot, blue moon barrage, healer, and a fifth with something else and you can cruise through the heroics. You might get expert occasionally, but that isn't really a concern outside the exp daily,

Xetherion

I assumed it was mnd, I use it with a healer holding a judgment staff and hit on the 400s.

Yeah, your heaviest hitter with double hit, another with zealot, blue moon barrage, healer, and a fifth with something else and you can cruise through the heroics. You might get expert occasionally, but that isn't really a concern outside the exp daily,

Do you have full 5* RS gear? Because i don't see how auto heroics is feasible when the mobs hit for 1500-2000 damage without protectga up.

Falk

that puzzling face
Personally find it faster to just AOE everything anyway. Having each round take twice as long because of 2x lootdrop animation when you don't kill them together drives me to distraction.

Vorpal

Personally find it faster to just AOE everything anyway. Having each round take twice as long because of 2x lootdrop animation when you don't kill them together drives me to distraction.

That's definitely my approach when I'm set to empty a stamina bar on Power/Black dailies or whatever. But when it's looking like I'll steamroll low difficulty classics or events regardless, it's a fun setup to have going on while I'm doing something else.

Really I'm just enjoying the fact that Garnet/whoever can actually put out some heals during auto now--I figured lacking heals would always be the tradeoff for using auto. And the 200-400 range is just right to keep it from being overpowered

Razmos

Hmm. What should I save my mythril for? The soul break celebration, Golbez's banner or the FFXIV banner?

Y'shtola's relic is awesome considering I don't have the sentinel grimoire, and Thancred's dagger is pretty much the same attack as a sword.

But on the other hand I really need a 5* rod :/

Hmm. What should I save my mythril for? The soul break celebration, Golbez's banner or the FFXIV banner?

Y'shtola's relic is awesome considering I don't have the sentinel grimoire, and Thancred's dagger is pretty much the same attack as a sword.

But on the other hand I really need a 5* rod :/

I'm in the same rodless boat you are. I'm sitting on 141 mythril right now. With the announcement of XIV's event being moved forward, I'll probably do an 11-pull on Yuna's banner (has Yuna's Rod + Quistis's Whip), an 11-pull on Golbez's Banner (Magic axe and 2x Rods), and then drop everything else into the XIV banner. It still has a rod, but it's also got some very useful gear (Good set of soul breaks, light armor, etc).

So the upcoming events order is likely going to be Rinoa, Forbidden Treasure + Soul Break Celebration, Golbez/Tellah and then FFXIV.

Unless they give it to us early, we won't have the "each time you don't pull a 5*, the next pulls have a higher chance to drop a 5*" upgrade that came w/ Japan's G/T banner for the celebration. That blows.

I'm ecstatic that we are getting the FFXIV event so early, but I would have preferred we get it after the 5* pull rate gets buffed to 12.5% (which should be about a month after we get the FFXIV event).

Razmos

I'm in the same rodless boat you are. I'm sitting on 141 mythril right now. With the announcement of XIV's event being moved forward, I'll probably do an 11-pull on Yuna's banner (has Yuna's Rod + Quistis's Whip), an 11-pull on Golbez's Banner (Magic axe and 2x Rods), and then drop everything else into the XIV banner. It still has a rod, but it's also got some very useful gear (Good set of soul breaks, light armor, etc).
Hmm I don't have nearly that much but Golbez's banner definitely seems like the way to go.
I'll try and gather more mythril before then and see how I feel once that banner starts.

Is anyone else concerned about the difficulty of the FFXIV event? It's from a point in the future where they had generally more powerful weapons, access to more skills, level 80 cap ect
If they are porting it over with no balance changes then yikes.

Xetherion

No, I have a smattering of five star, 2 regal gowns and some various light armors but no across the board rs. I am running rs characters in the mid 50s level wise.

So how much damage do you typically take in one hit from a heroic daily mob? Off the top of my head I know my lvl 54 Pally Cecil with maxed Mythril Helm++ takes ~1200 in the Tuesday daily without Protectga.

So how much damage do you typically take in one hit from a heroic daily mob? Off the top of my head I know my lvl 54 Pally Cecil with maxed Mythril Helm++ takes ~1200 in the Tuesday daily without Protectga.

Probably a bit less that that, in IV I have a genji shield, a genji + helm, two light armors and two regal gowns, and a gold bangle, all without rs in IV other than the shield, but are quite excellent defensively. My IV party that I roll out has I believe over 17k hp. Between the healer rm and the potion drops, I really don't pay much attention to what is happening on a round.

Road

OSd8158Yig7CdDUOecexEmfTVUkfYh_dd1efkiSdIqYV=w350-h1557-no
jzdKEbiY5wVDuU6-dChRiyvPgbJZTc-VfHB9IXC6H_14=w350-h1557-no

4xr9tw4bukv5Mw4LcNnH7UHTAIY66qAl3bKecTt-a1Wf=w350-h1557-no

Every.single.time. Fuck this b...

Anyaway, spent a few minutes with the new Japanese UI.

The bad news: it's still a slow browser game, loading everywhere.

The good news: it should at least be easier to set up a party because changing members, abilities, equipment, record materia and soul breaks are more easily accessible from one single menu and you can change stuff right before entering one dungeon without being thrown to the main menuz, you can even simulated realm synergy.

It's confirmed upgrade materials don't share inventory space and the menu buttons for orb combining is already there but not enabled yet. There are also a few improvements with the equipment men.

I was cruising through the boss rush until I got to Zorn and Thorn lol. I was in the camp that didn't know they actually did something besides dance around this time. >_<

I'm glad you all had an easy time with Beatrix 3. I felt like smashing the fuck out of my phone fighting her. I went in the first time and tried to just beat her down with magic, breaks, and Lunatic High. I tried to s/l over 20 times before I gave up, redid my setup, and came back with a boring Advance+Retaliate strategy.

I spent over 2 hours this morning doing s/l trying to kill that bitch. She would always, always, fucking always 1-shot my retaliator, a level 60 Sephiroth. If she didn't do that, she'd do her multi-hit attack and hit him 4 times in a row.

Finally mastered her and never got any orb at all from all 3 fights. >_>

Vorpal

My favorite part of the upcoming UI redesign is that this stage select screen uses little icons to show the locations of unlockable characters/memory crystals. So much more convenient than thumbing through rewards tabs.

johnsmith

remember me
Wow. That was one of the easiest boss rushes ever. Champion on every single fight, tons of abilities left.

What's the strat for Beatrix?

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm glad you all had an easy time with Beatrix 3. I felt like smashing the fuck out of my phone fighting her. I went in the first time and tried to just beat her down with magic, breaks, and Lunatic High. I tried to s/l over 20 times before I gave up, redid my setup, and came back with a boring Advance+Retaliate strategy.

Sounds like exactly what I did. I 1-shotted her. Will post setup.

Counter Shock hit for 1.5k.

edit:

Six runs of Beatrix 3. First two were major drops and then four regular three star orbs. So eh.,..Was hoping for at least one or two greaters in the mix. The 720k Gold received in total makes the failure orb runs much more palatable. over four million in the bank now.

Damn, I really want that new UI.

Sounds like exactly what I did. I 1-shotted her. Will post setup.

Counter Shock hit for 1.5k.

edit:

I don't know what the hell was wrong with my setup but she was hitting Sephiroth for 4500+ when he was under Advance. Extremely frustrating.

Azusa

Wow! Diara is so good on my healer. No need to bring retaliate at all. I didn't realise it until I saw some screenshot here with it.

Falk

that puzzling face
Hardly the first time non-cast members have joined up though!

My bets are on Serah simply XIII synergy despite the sprite - sorta like Zack.

IF I'M WRONG THO THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.

Dr Mog, it's time to play Moogle Throw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom