• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: New Characters

I think they went with FFV Gogo just so they can buff up that realm's roster. An interesting decision. Though I'd like to see the original Dawn Warriors.

FFI is still sitting at one rep. :/

Falk

that puzzling face
YssgoE9.jpg

BOW BEFORE YOUR NEW GOD

Rixa

Hello

Started this again. My original character is from the time when the game was launched but it was only test and then my phone changed so didnt play more than a day at that time.

My party is now:
* Original character lvl 20
* White Mage (I really need better healer, she dies almost all the time) lvl 14
* Steiner lvl 23
* Cloud lvl 21
* Kain lvl 18
Then I have Rydia at lvl 1

Few questions:

- Starting character, is it trash and should I stop to use it and choose something else beside?
- I do have quite many Growth Eggs if needed to level something.
- I did 3 equipment pulls and got 1x3* 2x4* eqs, now Iam collecting Mythrils for later use (atleast for that 10+1 pull).
- My 4* items are: Hayate Bow & Crystal shield. Should I use materials to boost them?
- Where do I get better healer?
- Currently doing basically everything that gives Mythrils, cleared Friday normal Daily.

MicH

Finally got Irvine's RM2. He refuses to drop it until I took him to every damn dungeon I fought. Finally, after taking down Beatrix (story, not event) he dropped it.

Azusa

- Starting character, is it trash and should I stop to use it and choose something else beside?
- I did 3 equipment pulls and got 1x3* 2x4* eqs, now Iam collecting Mythrils for later use (atleast for that 10+1 pull).
- My 4* items are: Hayate Bow & Crystal shield. Should I use materials to boost them?
- Currently doing basically everything that gives Mythrils, cleared Friday normal Daily.

I don't like starting character at all and he is weak. But some players here like to use him because he can equip any ability and item. Ignore all core characters for now, they are very weak.

When I started to play I just upgrade the rarest items all the time. Its worth to do it and its pretty cheap. Just run daily dungeons all day and farm gil and mats. The best way to farm is to do Heroic daily, but at your level aim for Hard ones.

Check out the current event, one of the character is a healer. Try to grab her before it ends.

Nohar

I just want DeNa to finally add the gacha improvements (from 10 to 12% per banner and the increase in chances to get a 5* for each pull which isn't one), so that I can finally try my chance at the gacha.

The new UI looks beautiful, and improves quite a lot of things (easier to change equipment/abilities; easier to choose levels; easier to know which painting is mastered or not; upgrade materials not taking space anymore; etc). I hope we will get it rather quickly.

They really are making some interesting choices. I like it, keeps the game fresh. (This particular character is not my favorite, but it confirms an exciting precedence.)

Though it's still pretty disappointing how FFI, II & III get neglected in nearly every respect.

I just want DeNa to finally add the gacha improvements (from 10 to 12% per banner and the increase in chances to get a 5* for each pull which isn't one), so that I can finally try my chance at the gacha.
My understanding is this one is artificially achieved by more featured items per banner though some of it is a natural case of more 5* existing outside of the featured set.

Sephiroth was a hero, and he was briefly playable, so I see him in the same boat as Seifer.

But the obvious answer is that he's in the game because of fan pandering. *shrug*
In that respect, definitely.
Kefka
is pure evil, while the rest are more complicated.

It's about time for another Sephiroth event in Japan I think. It's been a few weeks now at least.

whynotboth.gif
I'm down. There's really no reason they couldn't I guess.

I want lots of weird/outlier characters.

Playable Yunalesca
I need Jecht.

Razmos

In that respect, definitely.
Kefka
is pure evil, while the rest are more complicated.

It's about time for another Sephiroth event in Japan I think. It's been a few weeks now at least.
We need a Sephiroth/Aerith joint event after the Zack event.

They might as well just give those 2 characters for free when you start the game like they did with Tidus and Warrior.

I'm down. There's really no reason they couldn't I guess.
I can see Edea as a Black Mage with maybe low level white magic, and a soul break that uses the giant ice spear thing.

Ultimecia would probably have high level black and white magic (white includes time magic) and maybe level 3 summons or something.

We need a Sephiroth/Aerith joint event after the Zack event.

They might as well just give those 2 characters for free when you start the game like they did with Tidus and Warrior.
Their obsession with Seph is only (almost) matched by their insistence that we fight Beatrix 18 million times.

I can see Edea as a Black Mage with maybe low level white magic, and a soul break that uses the giant ice spear thing.

Ultimecia would probably have high level black and white magic (white includes time magic) and maybe level 3 summons or something.
Hmmm, Time Magic. Yes please. I'd love to see it become it's own vocation.

Though that would require them reclassifying some spells. (Or giving them dual classification.)

Falk

that puzzling face
Their obsession with Seph is only (almost) matched by their insistence that we fight Beatrix 18 million times.

Best part about it is trolling with a good 4*/5* drop rate for 60 stam. Okay you beat her 5 times. Now use all your free stamina beating her again repeatedly.

Xetherion

Best part about it is trolling with a good 4*/5* drop rate for 60 stam. Okay you beat her 5 times. Now use all your free stamina beating her again repeatedly.

Good drop rate my ass. Only have two 4* and three 3* from 5 runs on Beatrix 3 so far. If I don't get a Major in the next couple runs i'm just going to go back to clearing story paintings.

Nohar

My understanding is this one is artificially achieved by more featured items per banner though some of it is a natural case of more 5* existing outside of the featured set.

Yup, but it still means that we are more likely to get a 5*. Also, more unique SBs per banner are always a good thing.

I'm surprised to read that we are going to get the FFXIV banner so soon. Oh well, it is an interesting banner, I may as well pull it, although I already have Sentinel Grimoire.

Mandatory "Where the hell are FFXI dungeons?!" comment. Aside from Shantotto, we can expect a few characters when these paintings are finally released, such as Prishe, Aphmau
or rather Nashmeira
, Selh'teus, probably the San d'Oria princes (Trion is a perfect fit for a Knight character; Pieuje could act as a White mage) and princess, and of course the best character of that universe after Shantotto, the almighty Naja Salaheem* and her spiky little friend!
* Seriously, they need to add her.

In any case, I just hope I will get Joseph's RM2 today in the FFII dungeons. That materia has been very elusive so far.

Regarding Beatrix's farming: Meh, I'm not so sure it is worth the hassle. I enjoy completing paintings more. Now, I do understand why those orbs are fantastic, but at a 60 stamina cost with no guarantee to drop it I'd rather avoid doing that.

Falk

that puzzling face
Good drop rate my ass. Only have two 4* and three 3* from 5 runs on Beatrix 3 so far. If I don't get a Major in the next couple runs i'm just going to go back to clearing story paintings.

It's 50% 4* orb rate, which makes for 120/orb. Also a shit ton of Gil comparable to Gil heroic daily. For Greater Non-Elemental, Ruined Overpass FFX has a higher rate, at 80stam/orb give or take, but without the insane amount of Gil and without a chance at 5*s.

I'm not saying it's drop-everything-and-do-only-this tier like Granaldo, but it sure as heck is less tedious than running Blue Dragon over and over to burn Stamina. Obviously you'd still want to do paintings first, but as a time-filler, being able to open the app every 6 hours, run it twice and be done with Stamina is pretty nice.

(I do wish we had more superbosses that dropped Greater Summon Orbs though, don't get me wrong)

Razmos

I'm playing as Prishe in dissidia right now, If she was added to Record Keeper i'd scream. Top-tier character.

And if Shantotto gets added she better laugh when she does her soul break.

Yup, but it still means that we are more likely to get a 5*. Also, more unique SBs per banner are always a good thing.

I'm surprised to read that we are going to get the FFXIV banner so soon. Oh well, it is an interesting banner, I may as well pull it, although I already have Sentinel Grimoire.

Mandatory "Where the hell are FFXI dungeons?!" comment. Aside from Shantotto, we can expect a few characters when these paintings are finally released, such as Prishe, Aphmau
or rather Nashmeira
, Selh'teus, probably the San d'Oria princes (Trion is a perfect fit for a Knight character; Pieuje could act as a White mage) and princess, and of course the best character of that universe after Shantotto, the almighty Naja Salaheem* and her spiky little friend!
* Seriously, they need to add her.

In any case, I just hope I will get Joseph's RM2 today in the FFII dungeons. That materia has been very elusive so far.

Regarding Beatrix's farming: Meh, I'm not so sure it is worth the hassle. I enjoy completing paintings more. Now, I do understand why those orbs are fantastic, but at a 60 stamina cost with no guarantee to drop it I'd rather avoid doing that.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them add everyone in XI who is a trust currently https://www.bg-wiki.com/index.php?title=Category:Trust&/bg/Trust=. Though I wouldn't mind a generic "galka, hume taru elvaan mithra" core like set to start.

Nohar

I'm playing as Prishe in dissidia right now, If she was added to Record Keeper i'd scream. Top-tier character.

And if Shantotto gets added she better laugh when she does her soul break.

When (really, I don't see them not adding her) they add Prishe, we can pretty much expect a Monk/White Mage hybrid. She will certainly have at least Combat 3*, Monk 5* and White Magic 5*, and either Celerity or Support. Weapons will certainly include Daggers, Fists and Staves, allowing us to customize her as a front-line fighter or a healer as necessary.

It would be cool if they could add an actual laugh during Shantotto's Soul Break, like her Dissidia's one. My lady~

I wouldn't be surprised to see them add everyone in XI who is a trust currently https://www.bg-wiki.com/index.php?title=Category:Trust&/bg/Trust=. Though I wouldn't mind a generic "galka, hume taru elvaan mithra" core like set to start.

Oh? I didn't know they added such system (well, it's been ages since I played FFXI after all). That reminded me that I completly forgot about Lilisette (which was in Theathrythm: Curtain Call).

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm now remoreseful that didn't just replace my non-65s with Yuna/Garnet/Wakka

What was I thinking

edit: Yeah gonna just do that right now. RIP 20 stamina.

SunGod

Has anyone got a list of the order in which second memory crystals were (and are being) released in Japan? I'm basically just randomly choosing characters to raise from 50 to 65 at this point.

Falk

that puzzling face
Guys

The trash

The trash in Archeoaevis elite (dLVL 115) don't get 1-shotted by Quake on Vivi.

Send help

edit: That is, Vivi with a binding rod

elty

So is the beatrix worth farming? Do people use tyro with retaliate and draw fire? I used that and it was pretty slow.

Vorpal

Few questions:

Welcome back! Feel free to post any other questions that come up.

1. The starting character (Tyro) can be useful in certain situations because he is able to equip any ability or equipment type in the game. Even still, his stats are generally lower compared to unique characters (e.g. Kain, Tidus, etc). Best to swap him out early on, in my opinion.

2. Starting out, just use growth eggs as you get them. You will get many, MANY more. If you know you're close to unlocking a character you really like, maybe put some growth eggs aside for that character, but otherwise dump them into your most-used party members.

3. Congrats!

4. Yes, absolutely. Upgrade materials are even more common than growth eggs. You should always be upgrading your strongest gear. Once that gear is max level, upgrade anything else (if you have the gil to spare).

5. Keep playing through the classic realm "paintings"/stages. Look for any door that has the word "NEW" at the top, and clear the stages in there. You'll unlock a lot of new characters this way--one of which is bound to be a new healer.

So is the beatrix worth farming? Do people use tyro with retaliate and draw fire? I used that and it was pretty slow.

Doesn't seem worth farming if you have anything else on the docket (i.e. clearing elites). Retaliate + Draw Fire took forever for me as well, so I switched to using Reflect on Steiner and nuking him with four casters. Hitting for 7000-9999 per spell made the battles go WAY faster.

Rixa

I don't like starting character at all and he is weak. But some players here like to use him because he can equip any ability and item. Ignore all core characters for now, they are very weak.

Welcome back! Feel free to post any other questions that come up.

Thank you both. Ill change starting hero to something else then :).
I did make 4 more pulls and got 2x3* items, 1x4* "Crystal Helm" and 1x5* "Judgement Staff".

What are the drop % rates for stuff in Mythril pulls?

Vorpal

Xetherion

It's 50% 4* orb rate, which makes for 120/orb. Also a shit ton of Gil comparable to Gil heroic daily. For Greater Non-Elemental, Ruined Overpass FFX has a higher rate, at 80stam/orb give or take, but without the insane amount of Gil and without a chance at 5*s.

I'm not saying it's drop-everything-and-do-only-this tier like Granaldo, but it sure as heck is less tedious than running Blue Dragon over and over to burn Stamina. Obviously you'd still want to do paintings first, but as a time-filler, being able to open the app every 6 hours, run it twice and be done with Stamina is pretty nice.

(I do wish we had more superbosses that dropped Greater Summon Orbs though, don't get me wrong)

The old "complain on gaf" trick worked. Got a major on the next run!

They're pretty similar. It all pretty much comes down to whether you have a good now or gun

Fran can also use spears. Also she can use rods/staves and Sazh can't, so she can make an okay caster/support hybrid, though Quistis does this better.

However Sazh has Support 5 so he'll be able to use Full Break, while Fran only has Support 4. Also Sazh has Combat 2 so he can use Double Cut, while Fran can't.

They both have niches the other can't fill. Depends on what you need.

Nohar

The old "complain on gaf" trick worked. Got a major on the next run!

Fran can also use spears. Also she can use rods/staves and Sazh can't, so she can make an okay caster/support hybrid, though Quistis does this better.

However Sazh has Support 5 so he'll be able to use Full Break, while Fran only has Support 4. Also Sazh has Combat 2 so he can use Double Cut, while Fran can't.

They both have niches the other can't fill. Depends on what you need.

Also, Sazh has access to 3* White Magic, allowing you to use Faith and Power of Water.
Overall, I find Sazh to be more interesting ability-wise than Fran. However, Guns aren't very common, and Fran has slightly better stats (except for her Resistance, which is downright atrocious: even Core characters have a better Resistance than her! Careful, her resistance is that bad).

Also, Sazh has access to 3* White Magic, allowing if to use Faith and Power of Water.
Overall, I find Sazh to be more interesting ability-wise than Fran. However, Guns aren't very common, and Fran has slightly better stats (except for her Resistance, which is downright atrocious: even Core characters have a better Resistance than her! Careful, her resistance is that bad).

it makes sense if you think about it

I've had 8 runs. 2 majors 2 greaters and four regulars. And 960k gold. Totally worth it. I will be running this at least 4-6 times a day until the event is over.those dungeons aren't going anywhere and the characters and crystals are not interesting to me, and I have mythril that I need for th festival. I just do retaliate with level 65 Sephiroth and his masamune and either lunatic high or advance as the Rw. I think that is what 16 Beatrix kills in the last few weeks, so the difficulty is trivial for me at this point as long as I'm paying attention and remember to refresh retaliate.

Falk

that puzzling face
So...

I don't want to imagine doing that trash without 5* rods and mage meta.

On the flipside my defensive gear is complete garbage for the hardest painting in tha game right now, aside from painstakingly collected 3++ hahahah. Maybe you could tank it all and slug it out with a bunch of Genji and basic Retaliate meta with all break/breakdowns.

Balphon

Nice of them to give us Sandworm, Soul Cannon, and Archaeoaevis in short succession.

All the most annoying parts of FFV out of the way.

Falk

that puzzling face
Not nearly as concerned with the previous two considering a dual r4 -agas means I can splurge the other ability slot on trash and still have 8x 9999 juice for the boss.

Also Soul Cannon is pretty much a Crunkworthy DPS race. Ignore the launchers (since they only do % damage and can't kill you) and blow up the main baddy within 5 turns.

edit: O, you said Sandworm not Adamantoise.

edit2
Oh my god these guys

7c4e3c88-ceca-356b-954e-78f35b2cc656.png

Savescum city.

On the flipside the tombstones like to commit suicide.

edit3:

BOOOOM

Balphon

Yeah, it's cool that they largely replicated the weird mechanics of the three fights in FFRK.

All of them feel like more of a pain in FFV, but that's probably because I'm used to Four Job Fiesta rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom