• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 72 medals in total for this rush (thanks win without Terra KOd condition and element weaknesses) and you need 60 to champion. In other words you can lose 3 medals per round.

Still these bosses hit pretty hard if you don't have mitigation up (with air force its probably best to just accept losing 2 damage medals and not bring physical mitigation as it has little use later on) and if I didn't have runic RW or Shelga it would be a lot tougher (when people say this rush was easy bear in mind their difficulty should be kind of fixed so it is understandable over time if they get easier for you).

Nohar

Well, the Dragons were simple enough (Magic Breakdown + Shellga do wonders). All that's left to do is to farm the Exp dungeon as usual before the festival. I hope we will get the Lucky Draw during it: I really need to get rid of all that Scarletite.

broz0rs

I scoffed at the 2nd Terra banner, but decided to 100 gem pull anyway. Got myself a 5* Blitz Sword (VIII). My first 5* 100 gem pull and first natural 5* sword since I started playing two months ago. Definitely an upgrade for my poor retaliator who has been relying on a Shark dagger (VII) dagger lol

Razmos

The announcement for the orb fest mentions Log in Bonuses.
Could just be copy pasta, but we might end up getting awesome daily bonuses like we did during the first festival of gold.

More abilites and a 5* item please :3
EDIT: could be this one maybe:
bv5ZEac.png

Nohar

Golden Sword is FFVII synergy. It has low attack compared to other 5* swords, sadly, but at level 20/20 you have roughly 160 ATK once synergy applies.

Golden Sword is FFVII synergy. It has low attack compared to other 5* swords, sadly, but at level 20/20 you have roughly 160 ATK once synergy applies.

Bummer. I already have two 5-star FF7 swords, Crystal Glove, and a 4++ Masamune Blade for Sephiroth, so it's unlikely I'll find much use out of that weapon. However, given the high frequency of FF7 events, somebody out there will be thankful for this item.

Razmos

As someone with literally no good VII synergy and with a VII event coming during the Orbfest, I am more than okay with it.

MicH

These bonus battles are a joke. Literally completed them all with no S/Ling whatsoever. I did hone to Firaja to R3 for the +++ thiugh so now I have Diaga, Firaja, Thundaja and Waterja at R3 and Bioga at R2. Still haven't crafted Blizzaja thiugh :lol

Razmos

WOW at the Dream Stooges fight, firaga insta-killed my healer as soon as the battle started, and my second attempt didn't go much better with how long it took me to kill the healer due to the protect + shell + haste spam. It didn't help that I had Power Breakdown instead of Magic Breakdown by accident, fuck that fight though. I look forward to destroying their asses with runic during the boss rush.

LucaMac

Definitely the easiest bonus battles we have had in a long time if not ever. No break resistance makes it all a walk in the park.

What way are people spending Mythril during the orb fest? I've 110 at the moment and intend burning most if not all of it. Valefor x2 or Valefor + Manduin (Need to make a decision soon) being the main objective but don't want to neglect the rest too much.

I was going to EXP all day as usual, but now I'm thinking I should just get the new bonus battles done since Festival of Gold starts tonight.

It'll be the first Sunday I didn't EXP.

I'm a scared.

Razmos

I was going to EXP all day as usual, but now I'm thinking I should just get the new bonus battles done since Festival of Gold starts tonight.

It'll be the first Sunday I didn't EXP.

I'm a scared.
Orb Fest is pretty much an EXP daily anyway, so you'll more than make up for the lack of exp today.

Orb Fest is pretty much an EXP daily anyway, so you'll more than make up for the lack of exp today.
I know, and to be honest I probably have enough eggs in the vault to cap anybody that isn't.

I just thought it was funny that I sat down with coffee this morning and started running it out of habit (would've done bonus battles last night but was being social, boo to that).

Darill's Tomb elite gives SIX stamina shards! Are there any other bad boys like this, trying to get a few more shards today before the Orb and Relic malarky kicks off.

Razmos

Darill's Tomb elite gives SIX stamina shards! Are there any other bad boys like this, trying to get a few more shards today before the Orb and Relic malarky kicks off.
That dungeon is an exception due to a glitch that happened a while back. No other dungeons have that much.

In fact after a certain point dungeons stop giving 2 shards at a time and start giving 1 or sometimes none.

That dungeon is an exception due to a glitch that happened a while back. No other dungeons have that much.

In fact after a certain point dungeons stop giving 2 shards at a time and start giving 1 or sometimes none.
Ooh ok, thanks Razmos! Yeah i noticed a couple already that don't reward stamina.

Wazzy

Banned
I've been waiting for FOG to come back for awhile so today will be great. I've got a lot of stuff to combine and and upgrade so after this my abilities and gear will be even better.

It's been awhile so I can't remember but does FOG also give a lot of exp? I thought I remembered level grinding characters to 50 with it.

Razmos

I've been waiting for FOG to come back for awhile so today will be great. I've got a lot of stuff to combine and and upgrade so after this my abilities and gear will be even better.

It's been awhile so I can't remember but does FOG also give a lot of exp? I thought I remembered level grinding characters to 50 with it.
Yeah, lots of Gil and Exp.

Roughly you get around 20,000 gil and 60,000 exp for 15 stamina (and guaranteed orbs from every mob)

the original festival of gold had the enemies dropping 4* and 5* item upgrade materials and greater growth eggs, but I don't think they drop them here.

Azusa

Could you remind me current stamina cap?

I have 129. Am I far? It's so annoying to click on each realm to see if I have any elite dungeon to beat there.

Negator

Scrambling to progress through these story dungeons to get just a bit more mythril and increase my cap just a bit more. I'm behind two dungeon updates so that sucks.

Hoping festival of gold gives me something to get rid of these 71 Giant Scarletite rotting in my box!

Falk

that puzzling face
129 means to get the most you'd have to wait ~12 minutes between each refresh. Since 135 would be 3 complete rounds, and if you take ~2 minute per round, that's 6 out of the 18 remainder. That lets you refresh from 0

Us 'unlucky' moobs who have 137 are either gonna have to wait quite a bit between each refresh or just plan to eat the inefficiency and refresh for 135 at a pop doing the dungeon over and over as fast as possible to reduce wastage.

tl;dr 133-137 stam is virtually identical for purposes of refreshing the shit out of orb dungeon.

Wazzy

Banned
Yeah, lots of Gil and Exp.

Roughly you get around 20,000 gil and 60,000 exp for 15 stamina (and guaranteed orbs from every mob)

the original festival of gold had the enemies dropping 4* and 5* item upgrade materials and greater growth eggs, but I don't think they drop them here.
Aw that sucks to hear they might not drop those but otherwise it's awesome about the exp.

Time to get a bunch of level 1's to 50!

Is this festival of gold the "amazing outrageous omg you have to get your orbs on orb fest" everyone has been going on about for a month?

Because we had a festival of gold before, and it was awesome, but it wasn't something that let us gather better orbs(4 or 5 star) at an insane rate like this orb fest is promising.

Ready for orb dungeon:

Don't even feel like wasting stamina on anything at all today. The grinding will be tedious enough in the next ~2 weeks.
Samurai and Mystic Knigh Spellblade (WTF DeNA) are the worst. They can't even use combat abilities for retaliate teams (Samurai himself being a core is too weak to use retaliate effectively).

Hoping festival of gold gives me something to get rid of these 71 Giant Scarletite rotting in my box!
I just sold the EX+++ reward set of them (the next EX+++ is bound to offer them as well) as I'm sitting on plenty.

Because we had a festival of gold before, and it was awesome, but it wasn't something that let us gather better orbs(4 or 5 star) at an insane rate like this orb fest is promising.
Can at least try the event before saying that? Don't want anyone getting overhyped about being able to realistically get R4 Meteor from this.

Just go with being heroic gil, EXP and orb all at once with a small chance of 5* as an expectation. That alone is great really...

Falk

that puzzling face
Is this festival of gold the "amazing outrageous omg you have to get your orbs on orb fest" everyone has been going on about for a month?

aAWXNXp.png

Official datamined banner.

Guessing FoG is just a catchall phrase.

So what your saying is that I shouldn't have just spent 50 mythril on pulling for enhancer.

I got the enhancer and a partisan, but still

So orb festival? Get lots of good orbs

Falk

that puzzling face
Also for some context, it was called Golden Week in Japan because it coincided with actual Golden Week which is basically where a bunch of holidays line up in Japan.

Orbfest or Orb Dungeon was just what the global fanbase called it to differenciate it from Festival of Gold and Soulbreak Fest. Concise, gets the idea across.

What way are people spending Mythril during the orb fest? I've 110 at the moment and intend burning most if not all of it. Valefor x2 or Valefor + Manduin (Need to make a decision soon) being the main objective but don't want to neglect the rest too much.

This is what I'm trying to figure out now. I'll have 102 mythril by the time the event hits tonight and I planned on largely farming for dual Valefors but now that there's going to be relics to pull on, I don't know anymore. If the Thyrus pops up I might be too tempted to not pull.

Falk

that puzzling face
If history is anything to go by, the special banner doesn't have any featured relics. All unique soul break 5*s are evenly divided among the 5* chance.

200 stamina of Kefka... 2 Summoner Orbs. At least I got 30k per kill! Orb Fest should treat me better.

Also, I am 50/50 about the chance of the Lucky Draw banner coming out during Orb Fest. I won't be surprised either way.

Oh, thank god. If that ends up being the case I probably won't bother pulling for relics. If I recall correctly the SSB event in Japan also had half off relic pulls and guaranteed unique soul breaks so I'll just wait for that.

Falk

that puzzling face
I dunno man, 12% chance at unique soul breaks at 44 times (so expected avg of 5 of them) for 100 Mythril seems way too good to pass up.

Especially considering that the next time we're likely to see it IS the SSBfest, which is 5+ months away.

(Watch me pull 5 Giants Gloves)

edit@below, we're talking about different SSBfests aren't we?

Razmos

Oh, thank god. If that ends up being the case I probably won't bother pulling for relics. If I recall correctly the SSB event in Japan also had half off relic pulls and guaranteed unique soul breaks so I'll just wait for that.
Nope. The half price pulls and the guaranteed unique soul breaks was introduced with the 1 year anniversary which was only a few weeks ago.

MicH

Pretty excited for the banner tonight if it is indeed the half price guaranteed unique if 5* banner.

Falk

that puzzling face
Put another way, it's akin to getting a unique soul break 5* (so no Genji Armor, Danjuros, etc) on average every 4 pulls you do, at 5 mythril per pull under completely normal circumstances.

Put another way, it's like cutting out all the chaff (which makes pull rate 2x better), at half price (which makes pull rate 2x better, stacking with the previous) for roughly 4x the potency. 100gem pull makes pull rate only 3x better since it usually costs 300gems, and is limited to a measly 1 per banner. And is real money-only, obviously

Put another way, it's like stacking Magic Breakdown with Shellga and laughing at Kefka's now-measly 400dmg AOE Blizzaga instead of 2.5k++

edit: The only (extremely minor in comparison) downside is you don't get any chance whatsoever at the shellga/protectga/aoe heal shared soulbreak items which are really nice to put on goobers like Rydia or Terra or Yuna who have a terrible default SB.

Nope. The half price pulls and the guaranteed unique soul breaks was introduced with the 1 year anniversary which was only a few weeks ago.

Yeah, that's the one I'm referring to. I should have been more specific, sorry.

As far as soul breaks go, I primarily want mitigation so I can stop relying on the same few RW for difficult battles. It gets a little dull when 90% of the time I end up using Lunatic High/Boon/Sentinels Grimoire. I could either gamble for one of those or go for a sure thing farming orbs.

I assume the half price only applies to gem pulls, right?

All this speculating! I'm ready to roll the dice. Been burned so badly by this game, but I keep on keeping on. Only events I never completed were back in the early summer days like the original FF8 event. I want some redemption!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom