• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road

Cecil's Dark Sword (meh)
Ashe's Runeblade (good)

Just adding to my collection of 5* swords (Zantetsuken x 2, Butterfly Edge, Diamond Sword).

I'll never get a support soul break. I'm quitting this game.

Ah, that's where my support soul breaks went...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
First time I did any kind of draw in a few months and got the Warrior of Light sword. So basically the most useless SB ever since why would you ever use a FF1 character. Thanks game. :p

Oh well, anyway, if one was going to blow mythril on stamina refreshes, what orbs are worth grinding for? Summon orbs, I assume, to make Valefor?

elty

The lv80 version is autoable with my lowest tier team:

lv50 Sabin
lv40 Spellblade
lv34 Samari
lv50 Thancred
lv33 Strago

And I use Optimize to equip them.

edit: spellblade almost die

Got Yuna's healing staff and Sazh's pistol in one pull. I just need to generate 25 more mythril before the fourth phase to be able to do four pulls.

Falk

that puzzling face
So Summoner in Slot 1 with Zeal and r4 Valefor and Ramuh is actually fast at this hahahaha.

MicH

The good news: I hit two character relics!!

The "bad" news: I got my THIRD Lullaby Rod (the hell?) and Lenna's Healing Staff

Still pretty happy. A 7* Lullaby Rod would be AMAZING for red mages. Lenna's staff? Eh, I already have a 7* Judgment Staff

forgrim

Buster Sword (VII)
Kaiser Knuckles (VI) - for one of my favorite FFVI characters, albeit useless character.

Not bad, i just went from 2 character specific SBs to 4!

DAY1PLAYAHHHH

I'm satisfied with my draw, I got Tifa's Grand Glove and Luneth's Tyrfing. My friend code is eyzB if anyone still needs Luneth's advance.

Vorpal

The lv80 version is autoable with my lowest tier team:

lv50 Sabin
lv40 Spellblade
lv34 Samari
lv50 Thancred
lv33 Strago

And I use Optimize to equip them.

edit: spellblade almost die

Yeah, I auto'd through the Heroic difficulty with 31 Vaan, 32 Ashe, Gladiator 38, Zell 29, and Tyro 64. This event is everything I'd hoped for.

Auron's katana and WoL's sunblade. Not terrible, but I need a rod! I'm rocking the Light Rod, Punisher++, and Lilith Rod++. At this point, with a Judgment Staff++, Diaga is my best offensive spell.

Falk

that puzzling face
I can't stop laughing

EaKQ6hNl.jpg

V0aEEO2l.jpg

This is like watching virtual paralympics

Best pull so far I think!

It's extremely helpful for me, at least. I was planning on saving mythril for the upcoming FF13 event since I have horrible synergy there... So getting Sazh's pistol partially solves that problem. It's also my first support-oriented limit break which I've been desperate for, which is the most important part.

Yuna's staff nearly guarantees her as my healer for most content now. I'm lacking in staff synergies all around so I bring Judgement Staff to most events, so now I have an alternative with a pretty sweet limit break. I'll just have to bring Emerald Bracer more often to cover my Shellga needs since Eiko will be finding the bench more often. I almost always put Mystery Veil on my black mage for a backup heal, so now I'll be able to bring two group-targeted heals.

This pull opened up a lot of options for me, in general.

Balphon

OK none of you wankers are allowed to complain anymore lol

Even worse than mine.

The good news: I hit two character relics!!

The "bad" news: I got my THIRD Lullaby Rod (the hell?) and Lenna's Healing Staff

Still pretty happy. A 7* Lullaby Rod would be AMAZING for red mages. Lenna's staff? Eh, I already have a 7* Judgment Staff

Healing Staff has much higher MAG than Judgment Staff in addition to the higher MND. Could be useful as a second-string MAG weapon or one for weirdos like Gordon who can't use rods.

I got 1 5 star in the pull, and it was Yatolas Healers Robe.........

Which I already had two of.......

Because I spent over 200 mithril trying get her Thyrus....

RECORD KEEPER WHY YOU TAUNT ME!?

Road

The only problems with autobattling lowbies are some strong magic attacks that hit for 1500+.

Just stopped to look at my 11 draw and 6 items were from FFXII. The more things change, the more they stay the same...

Need to finish the Terra event and get the 20 scarletite.

Full Stamina bar no 4*, only 2 full run of heroic, though.

Now my refresh will be limited to 75 Mythrils since I will pull 4 times on the Lucky Draw. I am very scared that I will end up with a bunch of terrible pulls like the one I just did and not get any close to the amount of orb I expected. This would give me the biggest down toward the game... :(

Did a pull today.

Earlier I got enhancer and partisan from the ffvi mythril pull because I didn't know about the 1/2 off pulls.

So I pulled again, got balthier's gun and kain's blood lance.

So in one day I've tripled the amount of unique soul breaks...

Falk

that puzzling face
It's currently like 24.5% chance to get 0 5*s in an 11 pull.

4 times of that is 0.3% chance.

Or, well, 1.5% chance from this point on to get 0 5*s for the next 3 pulls.

watch me beat the odds

elty

So how are people going to spend mythril on this? I am thinking maybe just a few mythril per round since the rate isn't THAT great.

I only see the big cactus once and it drop just a 4*.

Falk

that puzzling face
So how are people going to spend mythril on this? I am thinking maybe just a few mythril per round since the rate isn't THAT great.

I'm blowing 25 mythril on stage 1, seeing how many orbs that nets me, then working out what I can realistically get with 75 more Mythril, and farming each stage till I get that.

Possibly adjusting if stage 1 results seems a few standard deviations out of orbit.

R4 Maduin is definitely a target. Planning for R2 Full Break is dependant on Stage 1 results.

Ditto R4 -ajas, Dismissal and looking ahead for Power Steal/some dances/songs.

I'm blowing 25 mythril on stage 1, seeing how many orbs that nets me, then working out what I can realistically get with 75 more Mythril, and farming each stage till I get that.

Possibly adjusting if stage 1 results seems a few standard deviations out of orbit.

Our situation is so similar, to the amount of Mythrils and how they will be spent to the shitty result of our first Lucky Draw.

It's currently like 24.5% chance to get 0 5*s in an 11 pull.

4 times of that is 0.3% chance.

Or, well, 1.5% chance from this point on to get 0 5*s for the next 3 pulls.

watch me beat the odds

Well.. My situation on 100 gems pull had 4.9% chance to happen and I am slowly but steadily heading toward a stat like 1.5%. I won't be too surprised if I get nothing out of it, but I can't be that unlucky so I expect at least 1-2 relics, probably the most useless one available (still better than nothing). :)

Edit: Sorry for double post!

I might throw a few per phase, maybe more than a few at the Wind and Non-Elemental days.

I'm not dying to hone anything yet, although more Dismissal could be useful.

B.K.

I did my lucky draw. I got a lot of 3* stuff and a few 4* items. Everything was a dupe of stuff I already have. I got about my tenth freaking Rune Staff. I'm tired of seeing that damn thing pop up.

ftS7ppQl.jpg

Best pull in a long time and it was half price. My only complaint as always is i'm in desperate need of a 5* ranged weapon and was crossing my fingers for one here.

alcheim

Hi y'all! Need some advice on what's currently the most useful abilities to hone (for the International version of the game).

So far, I've been relying mostly on:

Curaga
Phoenix / Ixion / Alexander
Pound / Dismissal
Blizzaja / Firaja / Thundaja / Waterja
Armor / Magic/ Power / Mind (Breaks)

Are there other abilities that are generally more useful in a wide range of scenarios than situational?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom