• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

ultra7k

downed the 300 CM yesterday with 3 FFIII characters after a whole lot of experimenting. Knees were weak and palms were sweaty during the last 10% of that fight, whew.

Tried Sephiroth a few times and can't get him past 40%, so I'll have to revise.

Jarekx

Sephiroth down. Once I got going in phase 4 it was no problem. Got squall legend dived up to the last sphere. Really want some 5* vit motes now.

I'm tempted to pull here for more Vaan stuff after getting his USB, but I really want a pull on banner 2 for a shot at Ice imperil. Also got clouds banner soon.

Rubenov

Ugh. I whaled a little trying to get Vaan's LMR, wound up with everything on the banner except that. Happy with the USBs and Reks' BSB of course, but kicking myself for spending money going after one item and not getting it. I think this may be the loss I needed to quit spending money on this game. :)

My experience so far is that LMRs are harder to get / have worse drop rates than even USBs. It shouldn't be that way... they should be maybe just a bit harder to get than an SSB.

My experience so far is that LMRs are harder to get / have worse drop rates than even USBs. It shouldn't be that way... they should be maybe just a bit harder to get than an SSB.

Hmm, I haven't had that experience at all. I find them similar to BSBs in rarity. But I suspect both of our sample sizes are still too small to know for sure.

friz898

downed the 300 CM yesterday with 3 FFIII characters after a whole lot of experimenting. Knees were weak and palms were sweaty during the last 10% of that fight, whew.

Tried Sephiroth a few times and can't get him past 40%, so I'll have to revise.

They're different fights, but it blows my mind that I one-shot w/mastery Sephiroth but I've tried 5 or 6 times on the 300 and I can't do it with or without any FF3 characters, yet it's somewhat opposite for you.

Edit: Doing the Reks event at the moment, bout halfway through. 100gem pull was a loss. Got the raids covered.

My current todo list:

d300 Jumpstart
d220 regular Sabin fight.
Attempt/complete a few CMs of the fights I've cleared.
Level Reks(1), Noctis (91), Raijin (91) while getting more Orbs.

Beat Sephiroth with a mixed Radiant shield / OSB rush method.

Party was:
Tyro: Sentinel Grimoire exlusively (Full break, Magic Breakdown, Mako Might)
TGCid: OSB (Lifesiphon, Power Chain, Sword +30%)
Y'shtola: BSB (Curada (r2), Protect, Mako Might)
Selphie: USB (Curaja, Shell, Lionheart)
Alphinaud: SSB Deployment Tactics (Meltdown, chain blizzaga, Ace Striker)
RW: Eiko Guardian Mog USB

I was having trouble with the transitions of the first two dispels, especially since I only had two uses of haste via my RW, but I managed to figure it out on my 6th try. I went super super slow building up SB guage at first (I couldn't survive without using SG immediately) and things picked up pace super fast once I could use Deployment Tactics because Sephi just piles so much damage on himself. I timed two uses of TGCid OSB to push him under the first two dispel percentages so that Tyro's Sentinel was almost at full cast when it went off and that saved me. I saved Eiko hastes for after the 2nd and last dispel.

The real MVP of this run though was Selphie having Lionheart equipped. She built SB guage super quickly and saved my butt like 4 times. I procced last stand a ton and a few times I hit the SB button for her USB it came down to a nailbiting moment of truth. Y'shtola's bubble mostly served to give me a few seconds to breath, though I timed getting her bubble up just before pushing Sephi under 60% for his triple cast magic salvo. Alphinaud died to a poorly timed Sudden Cruelty around the 40% mark, but Tactics stayed up until the end (it didn't really matter much he died, his spells were doing sub 5-8k damage). I saved up two SB guages on TGCid and launched them one after the other after the last dispel to push Sephi to his grave (they were hitting for around 35k-40k without a boost).

Final time was 1:03. Radiant shield is crazy good for these attack spam bosses. I think he almost did more damage to himself than I did to him.

friz898

cpp, since you're a big OSB guy.

For this 300, I could try that one time, but I don't have many or very good ones I don't think.

Vaan's OSB based on debuffs, WoL holy OSB, and Sephiroth Dark/Fire OSB.

I'm not sure how well 9 OSB uses would take bahamut's life, but I would have to figure out with the remaining 2 slots (and perhaps with Vaan as well) how to get some debuffs and imperil on him before OSB rush. Also would still need to actually you know.. have heals.

I could also RW a good healing USB or another OSB, or a debuff/imperil BSB.

I'm kinda forming this in my brain as I type it. I'm trying to get through the boring fights of Reks event without distraction at the moment.

cpp, since you're a big OSB guy.

For this 300, I could try that one time, but I don't have many or very good ones I don't think.

Vaan's OSB based on debuffs, WoL holy OSB, and Sephiroth Dark/Fire OSB.

I'm not sure how well 9 OSB uses would take bahamut's life, but I would have to figure out with the remaining 2 slots (and perhaps with Vaan as well) how to get some debuffs and imperil on him before OSB rush. Also would still need to actually you know.. have heals.

I could also RW a good healing USB or another OSB, or a debuff/imperil BSB.

I'm kinda forming this in my brain as I type it. I'm trying to get through the boring fights of Reks event without distraction at the moment.

I usually only like using OSBs for things where something becomes very dangerous after a certain point, and I use the time before that to build up SB gauges and/or buffs and breaks so that when the time comes I can end the fight quickly.

9 OSBs by themselves won't do jack shit to Bahamut, you really have to set it up with buffs, debuffs, etc. The other two things to be aware of are

a) Bahamut resists everything but Wind, and he's not even vulnerable to wind until the very end.

b) Magic does more than physical for equal MAG/ATK values. If you've got a physical OSB with 500 ATK versus a magical OSB with 500 MAG, the MAG one will destroy it.

In this fight especially I liked OSB because if you set it up properly it counters his Counter Curaja more effectively than a Burst. Burst gives good long term DPS, but the counter curaja is effectively a ~50% DPS decrease when using burst-type abilities (you damage him for 20k, he heals for 9k), whereas with an OSB you damage him for 50k and he heals for 9k, much more efficient.

If you're going with a non-Wind OSB then you'll probably want to add an imperil to the mix. I didn't, and Rydia OSB with VoF + Moogle Boost + History Truth did about 46k per hit (resisted).

Vaan OSB seems like your best bet in this case, because it's physical so it's not going to be resisted. (unless you have an Imperil Holy lying around somewhere)

When I beat him (although I still need to go back for mastery), I started with full buffs/breakdowns + Deployment Tactics + Fujin BSB with Rydia spamming Meltdown and Tiamat (getting 3 hit Tiamats easily) until i was out of hones. Once I was out of hones Rydia would just Defend until ~50%. At 50% she started hitting OSBs while Fujin and Alphinaud kept spamming BSB commands.

elty

Does all the torment return along with CM reward later?

By the way Relm USB is ridiculous.

Turn 1: Shellga + RW 30% MAG + OK BSB + Raine BSB + SG
Turn 2: Relm USB -> Terra OSB + OK OSB + Meltdown + Dance
Turn 3: Relm USB -> Terra OSB + OK OSB + Meltdown + Dance
Turn 4: Relm USB -> Terra OSB

Chadanook Dead!

Does all the torment return along with CM reward later?

By the way Relm USB is ridiculous.

Turn 1: Shellga + RW 30% MAG + OK BSB + Raine BSB + SG
Turn 2: Relm USB -> Terra OSB + OK OSB + Meltdown + Dance
Turn 3: Relm USB -> Terra OSB + OK OSB + Meltdown + Dance
Turn 4: Relm USB -> Terra OSB

Chadanook Dead!

I got lucky and got her LMR, which is also pretty sweet. Randomly casts magic blink on a target that is healed.

friz898

I usually only like using OSBs for things where something becomes very dangerous after a certain point, and I use the time before that to build up SB gauges and/or buffs and breaks so that when the time comes I can end the fight quickly.

9 OSBs by themselves won't do jack shit to Bahamut, you really have to set it up with buffs, debuffs, etc. The other two things to be aware of are

a) Bahamut resists everything but Wind, and he's not even vulnerable to wind until the very end.

b) Magic does more than physical for equal MAG/ATK values. If you've got a physical OSB with 500 ATK versus a magical OSB with 500 MAG, the MAG one will destroy it.

In this fight especially I liked OSB because if you set it up properly it counters his Counter Curaja more effectively than a Burst. Burst gives good long term DPS, but the counter curaja is effectively a ~50% DPS decrease when using burst-type abilities (you damage him for 20k, he heals for 9k), whereas with an OSB you damage him for 50k and he heals for 9k, much more efficient.

If you're going with a non-Wind OSB then you'll probably want to add an imperil to the mix. I didn't, and Rydia OSB with VoF + Moogle Boost + History Truth did about 46k per hit (resisted).

Vaan OSB seems like your best bet in this case, because it's physical so it's not going to be resisted. (unless you have an Imperil Holy lying around somewhere)

When I beat him (although I still need to go back for mastery), I started with full buffs/breakdowns + Deployment Tactics + Fujin BSB with Rydia spamming Meltdown and Tiamat (getting 3 hit Tiamats easily) until i was out of hones. Once I was out of hones Rydia would just Defend until ~50%. At 50% she started hitting OSBs while Fujin and Alphinaud kept spamming BSB commands.

Wow thanks for the breakdown/detailed response.

I knew all about the atk/mag differences with caps, and effectiveness but I had never tested/read/or even though about how big of a difference it would make on a physical vs magical OSB.

Edit: I just realized I am about to run out of time on White orbs. My goal was 84 and I didn't pay attention so I'm at about 60. So need a couple of opinions.

Ultra Cure to Rank 4 for 10 uses
-or-
MultiBreak to Rank 3 for 6 uses.

Ultra cure is taken almost every time. But I do have 8 uses of it already to go along with Curaja, Curaga, Renewing Cure, and Curaise.
Multibreak is not always used, and I will be honing Full Break to 6 uses soon, but I do use Tyro, Mog, and Penelo, Faris, a lot. And 4 uses doesn't go far in a long long fight.

Wow thanks for the breakdown/detailed response.

I knew all about the atk/mag differences with caps, and effectiveness but I had never tested/read/or even though about how big of a difference it would make on a physical vs magical OSB.

Edit: I just realized I am about to run out of time on White orbs. My goal was 84 and I didn't pay attention so I'm at about 60. So need a couple of opinions.

Ultra Cure to Rank 4 for 10 uses
-or-
MultiBreak to Rank 3 for 6 uses.

Ultra cure is taken almost every time. But I do have 8 uses of it already to go along with Curaja, Curaga, Renewing Cure, and Curaise.
Multibreak is not always used, and I will be honing Full Break to 6 uses soon, but I do use Tyro, Mog, and Penelo, Faris, a lot. And 4 uses doesn't go far in a long long fight.

Ultra-cure. My Multi-Break is still Rank 1 and it almost never causes problems. My Ultra Cure is R4 and I still am thinking about taking it to R5 because I've run out once or twice.

ultra7k

Whew, got Sephiroth mastery in 55:56, Guardian Mog as RW was MVP of this fight. Basically had to rely on insta-heals with Aerith and Arc and just plugged away with 2 dps'ers. Radiant wall also helped a ton.

Everything else is done except I and X CMs, as I just don't have the synergy for that.

Now to work on completing that XII event.

Did a pull on this current fest banner hoping to get Lightning's USB (would then have a complete Lightning) but went 1/11 and got Cid's BSB which was a dupe.

Lightning LM is almost complete, just need 7 more 5* Vit motes to unlock that last LM. Lightning has a ridiculous 800 atk in realm synergy with full gear. It's laughable, but I know it could be higher if I had her USB.

Balphon

Festival banners 3 and 4 are good to great all the way through with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions.

The Awakening Cloud banner is average at best outside the Cloud and Zack items. To say nothing of the fact that the primary use of Cloud USB is as a RW.

133:70

I beat, not mastered(who cares), it.

Broke Tyro and used his perfectly suited burst. Didn't run it flawlessly, maybe could get mastery, but wasn't ever in too much danger. Leveled Tyro from 93, first attempt, to 99 and mastered burst.

All Back Row:

Kain 99
LS10, Lightning Dive6
Truthseeker
Burst

Garnet 99
Curaga12, Bahamut3
Mako
Divine Guardian, default

Arc 99
Curaja12, Raise2
Battleforged-Ace Striker
SSB blink

Irvine 99
Magic BD10, PBD8
Snow's Light Armor 30
Penta

Tyro 99
LS10, Full Break6
Mog's Teachings
Burst, Healing Grimoire

RW Eiko's Guardian Mog
Used after first and second dispels, don't think they ever procced Last Stand.

friz898

Noctis 99
Raijin 99
Reks 80

So all caught up on my leveling.

Noctis lvl 99 RM has potential, especially for a Jumpstart.

Attack becomes an instant attack dealing very heavy damage but no longer charges the Soul Bar.

Did the D300 again, got mastery this time. Only lost 2 medals on damage taken, but didn't lose any on actions. Basically the setup I described yesterday.

Did 1 pull on banner 4 and got Zell BSB from the 100 gem pull, and 4/11 1x Terra USB, 2x Ramza Chant (dupe dupe), and 1x Deployment Tactics (dupe) from the regular pull

friz898

I haven't gotten anything for 100gem pull in about 5 or 6 pulls, which means a couple weeks I think... (including tonights pull)

Honed Chain Blizzaga and Ultra Cure so far.

Tidd

My gacha luck in these last days for FFRK is unbelievable. Got 1/11 no Rainbow and was so disappointed because I expected the worst but got Vaan's BSB!

I haven't gotten anything from 100 gems in a long time.

Don't worry you're not the only one. I believe my last 100 gem pull was Tifa's BSB or a dupe Platinum Sword in the last fest. But I'm not sure.

Jarekx

I whaled on banner 3 at the last minute. Really wanted anything for lightning but I did get a fully decked out TG Cid, Shantotto s CSB, and Rapha's BSB.

Then 100 gem on banner 4 got me Zells BSB so I threw my last 11 pull at it and got Vaans BSB and Cecil's USB.

I think I'm done pulling til that tactics banner 6 months away.

I'm also conflicted with Vaan having both his USB and BSB now.

Well there goes all my Mythril. I did 3 11 pulls chasing after Terra's/Cecil's USB.

First pull 2/11 Ramza USB and dupe Zell BSB
Second pull 3/11 Ramza SSB, Vaan's BSB and another dupe Zell BSB
Last pull 2/11 Fujin BSB and Gilgamesh USB.

Dissapointed I didn't get the USBs I wanted but I am still satisfied with my haul. Only dupes I got allowed me to forge an 8* fist and the rest of the relics I pulled are solid.

Tidd

Let me guess: Wind orbs are from stage 3? :(

I'm also conflicted with Vaan having both his USB and BSB now.

Is the boss focused on magical attacks -> BSB. Physical attacks -> USB. Or just go with whatever the piercing attack is.
If you want high DPS with him and have a well honed Thief's Revenge go with his USB.

Balphon

Don't worry you're not the only one. I believe my last 100 gem pull was Tifa's BSB or a dupe Platinum Sword in the last fest. But I'm not sure.

I'm sure we're not alone.

Last one I remember was about that long ago in the FFXI event.

Jarekx

Is the boss focused on magical attacks -> BSB. Physical attacks -> USB. Or just go with whatever the piercing attack is.
If you want high DPS with him and have a well honed Thief's Revenge go with his USB.

Yea, I'm glad the debuffs synergize. He's going to be invaluable either way I use him.

I was thinking about Cecil's USB and I guess I'll need to hone up GuardBringer for him. Anyone know off hand what his def needs to be for max hits?

Yea, I'm glad the debuffs synergize. He's going to be invaluable either way I use him.

I was thinking about Cecil's USB and I guess I'll need to hone up GuardBringer for him. Anyone know off hand what his def needs to be for max hits?

No but if you have his BSB command 1 and protect is usually enough

When it was released I think people said wall, protect and Gaia or Saint's cross would get you to max hits.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is Terra's USB useful if you only have her Burst? It seems to be for people who have her OSB only...

I'm not even sure how Gilgamesh's USB fits in. You don't have to bring retaliate anymore?

Balphon

Is Terra's USB useful if you only have her Burst? It seems to be for people who have her OSB only...

Terra's BSB isn't a great source of fire damage so you'd probably be better off with Chain Firaga/Meltdown. It won't be as good as Wrath/OSB spam but it'll work.

I'm not even sure how Gilgamesh's USB fits in. You don't have to bring retaliate anymore?

Basically. It's not bad but doesn't bring the kind of utility most of the EX modes do.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Terra's BSB isn't a great source of fire damage so you'd probably be better off with Chain Firaga/Meltdown. It won't be as good as Wrath/OSB spam but it'll work.
I have no hones. :( lol
I wish there was a way to downgrade or sidegrade... or chase for her OSB without other stuff in the way.

Basically. It's not bad but doesn't bring the kind of utility most of the EX modes do.
Oh well. lol

I should be happy with discoballs, but I'm not sure if my characters improved any.

I have no hones. :( lol
I wish there was a way to downgrade or sidegrade... or chase for her OSB without other stuff in the way.

Oh well. lol

I should be happy with discoballs, but I'm not sure if my characters improved any.

+10 ATK from mastery!

Just trying to think positive...

jnWake

I'm torn right now. Vaan's one of my best units so I'm really tempted to pull on the XII banner hoping for his USB or some LM. However, Cloud is coming and that banner has tons of hype. I have like 28 mythril at the moment so I could grind Mythril for both but damn.

WarAdept

DISTANT WORLDSSSSS

qSXgIuil.jpg

g1PYyIYl.jpg

friz898

Still working on d300 Bahamut.

I got him down to 20% this attempt before soul breaks ran out.

The bigger challenge is not using up everything to get to 40%.

MrDaravon

So against my better judgment I did a gem pull on Banner 4. 3/11 Relm BSB (dupe), Alph BSB (new), Ramza SSB (new).

I'm...pretty okay with this lol. Alph's BSB is great since I've wanted that since it came out and I have shit Wind options, Ramza's crit SSB isn't bad and I have his BSB so that might occasionally get some play, and this is my 3rd Rainbow Brush so I can make an 8* version so that's not totally useless.

Little salty I didn't get Terra's USB just because she is waifu but other than that I'm pretty happy with that pull.

evangd007

I think I found my strat for Sephiroth: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...in_crisis_sephiroth_clear_megathread/djmoivd/

Going to sub out OK for Ramza, Minfilia for Vaan, and Y'shtola for Eiko. Instead of stacking ATK buffs I'll use just a single ATK buff and stack DEF breakdowns with Vaan. Eiko provides Last Stand, instant cast, and more haste. Might try to RW something like Setzer's BSB instead of wall since wall will only be active for 40% of the fight at most.

Hope my terrible synergy doesn't short circuit this plan.

Top Bottom