• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Ahnez

Its kinda sad how I only have 4 relics from my fav FF

Zidane SSB1, Garnet SSB1, Kuja BSB and Eiko BSB and thats all

I got more Y'shtola's BSBs than FFIX relics

Anustart

I will never, ever pull a 5/11. And when I pull tonight it's 99% chance of 1/11 with 10 whites. Not that I don't trash the golds immediately everytime anyway, but whatever.

Balphon

I went 2/11 -- Steiner OSB, Vivi SSB. No dupes and FF9 stuff is helpful. Vivi's SSB is pretty ancient though.

I can't find anyyyyyyyyything about Kuja's OSB (Demon's Rod), guessing in part because there's items in other realms with the same name. Is this thing any good? I have really good RS in FF9 except for mages; Vivi's SSB was the only thing I had until now.

It's a strong OSB with a bonus modifier (being doomed) that's pretty easy to satisfy. It's also a 6* +dark rod which is nice.

Anustart

Got Kimahri burst and Vivi osb. Vivi looks pretty tame, but I'll take kimahri since my only other water burst is rikku junk bsb.

Balphon

Got Kimahri burst and Vivi osb. Vivi looks pretty tame, but I'll take kimahri since my only other water burst is rikku junk bsb.

Rikku's burst is excellent; it's one of the better imperils. Though some of that is down to how versatile Rikku is in this game.

Kimahri's is probably better. Depends on how much you like those attack plus proportional heal commands.

1/11 Garnet BSB ... summon strike? Hmm

Anybody have any comments about it? My 9 synergy is perhaps my best realm but I am happy to get something new.

It's pretty good. Nice mix of damage, buffs, and healing. Up there with Lightning BSB2 for best source of imperil lightning (unless you really like Laguna).

friz898

1/11 Garnet BSB ... summon strike? Hmm

Anybody have any comments about it? My 9 synergy is perhaps my best realm but I am happy to get something new.

evangd007

Lucky Draw? Let's do this!

1/11 - Auron BSB1

1x drain and 2x retaliate? Good god those commands are awful.

I think my FFBE random off-banner Orlandu pull drained all my gacha luck dry.

friz898

Rikku's burst is excellent; it's one of the better imperils. Though some of that is down to how versatile Rikku is in this game.

Kimahri's is probably better. Depends on how much you like those attack plus proportional heal commands.

It's pretty good. Nice mix of damage, buffs, and healing. Up there with Lightning BSB2 for best source of imperil lightning (unless you really like Laguna).

Thanks .. I only glanced at it, but Imperil? I guess goes with my Fran pinpoint.

friz898

Hey not looking to derail but I post here these days and only skim the main board. That said, I trust you folk over random poster that I don't really know their post history.

So with that disclaimer, I want to play an old FF on my phone. Among the many choices, narrowed it down to ff7 and ff9. I played 7 more and got gold chocobo and beat weapons etc, but have not played it since the first year or two of release. I beat it twice total only.

ff9 I played and got lvl 99 chars and did most (maybe all) stuff but have only beat it the one time. In fact the section like halfway through the game with Amarant Eiko is blurry to me. I remember Quina something about a forest outside of a town. Anyways...

Both would be good. I am leaning to 9 since it is more optimized for phone and updated resolution but 7 probably has more nostalgia, the music if nothing else. Besides having played 100 hours of Crisis Core probably helps me view some story bits differently. Would pay more attention to the Vincent and Sephiroth connections.

Can one or two or more weigh in and make the decision for me? I will be happy with either and will probably play the opposite after finishing the first so..

Thanks!

Does VII have fast forward on phone? If not, play it on PS4 and go with IX.

I only played through both once many many years ago. Have VII for PS4(havent beaten the PS4 port) and Fast Forward is nice...havent played it in awhile though. I liked IX's equip to ability, like learning soul breaks for FFRK.

IX got worse as the game progressed though which started pretty well. VII is more memorable but playing on a phone doesnt seem ideal with the enhanced PS4 version.

Kenai

I was almost mad at going 4/11 and getting all SSBs but 3 weren't dupes, and now I have all of Beatrix's relics except her Materia one. I guess I will live.

Kain

2/11 Zidane's OSB and Gaffgarion's BSB!

No dupes, pretty happy with that.

After Squall and Yshtola Zidane will be my next Legend dived char, this Trance thing seems very cool.

WarAdept

2/11
Zidane will be my next Legend dived char, this Trance thing seems very cool.

3HoxTIcl.jpg

w61N5.gif

friz898

I guess my ff7/ff9 comment was confirmed in wrong spot. Thinking will go with 9 for improved graphics and not remembering as much of the story.

Real reason I posted is this the first time we have gotten crystals as story dungeon rewards? Crystals and motes are nice, never enough of those.

ultra7k

Did the lucky draw with 0 expectations, was hoping for some X relics as that is my weak realm even though we seem to get a lot of X banners...

went 4/11...

1 dupe for a IX Wizard's Rod
1 x Jecht BSB
1 x Steiner BSB
1 x TINY BEE

I've been able to dodge Tiny Bee all this time, but I guess it finally caught up with me.

Balphon

Jecht BSB is average for a burst but it's a fine source of dark damage if you don't have a better one.

Quina Frog Drop is the same party ATK buff as Shout so that's good if you don't have another source of it. Plus it looks hilarious.

Beatrix SSB1 is party mblink on a character with Lifesiphon so it can be situationally very useful.

Iscariot

Actually managed to get zero dupes on the Lucky Draw

Eiko USB
TG Cid BSB (sadly no OSB, so I'm not sure how worthwhile this is really)
Ovelia SSB

Not a bad haul. The USB is pretty great as an oh shit button.

Actually managed to get zero dupes on the Lucky Draw

Eiko USB
TG Cid BSB (sadly no OSB, so I'm not sure how worthwhile this is really)
Ovelia SSB

Not a bad haul. The USB is pretty great as an oh shit button.

Cid's BSB is excellent, i use it all the time and I often use it instead of his OSB when I don't need burst damage

Pejo

4/11, not bad

- Eiko SSB - I think I have all of her relics now somehow despite never wanting any of them.
- Some other healer rod SSB that I didn't even finish reading.
- 4th(!) Dagger of Resolve. They just love giving me this one.
- Auron BSB - Not sure what it does, but at least I like him as a character.

Tidd

Oh right, DU LD

3/11
Seymour BSB (guess I can make a nice dark mage team with Kuja and Cid)
Zidane SSB (dupe)
Some FFT SSB which gives ProShellga and Stock HP 2000

Not really what I wanted but at least I got a magic rod that is better than the shared relics I have for FFX.

friz898

Just finished the dungeons again.

Sin was more challenging than the Seymour fight.

So I imagine nothing tonight correct? Guess I could do some raids or dailies.

ZangBa

Feels like it took an eternity to finish all the event stuff and Torment after putting all of them off until after orbfest. And now I have to do realm dungeons, too. I got a meh pull from the LD and I now have 5 mythril. I have no idea what to save for right now.

Balphon

FFXI, FFXIV, and FFT dungeons aren't actually part of the main dungeon progression. They're way up the tree in little side paths. So you technically don't have to complete them to be "current."

My condolences. That's a terrible pull :(

Thank you for your regards. On the plus side I had nothing for Basch (or just about anyone in XII...have Vaan burst and Ashe's burst and unique sword) but the least ranked item as the only item I get is pretty crummy.

Back to the drawing board. I did have a good lucky pull so I'm doing better than most.

I'm planning on dropping 100 mythril on FFX banner 1. I only have 1 dupe on the banner so at the very least, my chance of getting something new is high. Best case would be getting Rikku's BSB and/or USB, or something for Lulu or Paine so I could finally start using them. :)

Looking forward. Not sure about the Type-0 banner coming up next; some of the relics seem all right but I'm not keen on getting relics for characters with near zero portability. Same problem with FF1 after that. And FF8 after that is dupe city for me.

Balphon

I'm planning on dropping 100 mythril on FFX banner 1. I only have 1 dupe on the banner so at the very least, my chance of getting something new is high. Best case would be getting Rikku's BSB and/or USB, or something for Lulu or Paine so I could finally start using them. :)

You're in the same boat I am. My only dupe is Lulu's burst and having two of them wouldn't be the end of the world; +ice armor is rare enough. Good luck.

Looking forward. Not sure about the Type-0 banner coming up next; some of the relics seem all right but I'm not keen on getting relics for characters with near zero portability. Same problem with FF1 after that. And FF8 after that is dupe city for me.

Ace is very strong for fire damage with his SBs. However, Deuce is just an average healer and Nine is like the fifth and probably worst wind dragoon. I really don't know why they picked Nine for this given all the other options in Type-0.

Top Bottom