• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Mustadio Pentabreak is the best break in the game and stacks with everything.

Is Irvine the only other character that has Pentabreak so far?

I have to admit I whaled a little bit on this banner... The only item I didn't get at least one copy of is Agrias' BSB sword, which luckily I already had, so things worked out. Really psyched to have TG Cid's stuff and Cleansing Strike for Agrias.

Rubenov

Any tips on defeating these gargoyles in the Nightmare dungeon? I mean they don't hit hard and I can be in that fight forever... they just keep joining together and healing whenever I get them both low enough in hp.

Shirosaki

Neo Member
Any tips on defeating these gargoyles in the Nightmare dungeon? I mean they don't hit hard and I can be in that fight forever... they just keep joining together and healing whenever I get them both low enough in hp.

Is that the one where you want to cast Stop so it can't respawn the other? I kind of just got them both low and did Tiamat to finish off at the same time.

Wazzy

Banned
I need to check for someone on FL with Orlandu OSB so that I can try his OSB out. Shortened time sounds really good.
What's so special about Fuijin and Raijin? It's unbelievable that DeNa gave something good to two of the most random and lame characters of the franchise.

You mean two of the best characters.

Syntsui

So help me understand this Kaiser Dragon fight.

Not only do I have to soft reset until I'm lucky he has Lightning/Water weakness at the beginning, I also have to retreat the battle and start all over again, because once the battle starts his weakness is locked. I keep soft reseting and his weakness are always the same.

Is that it? This looks impossible for me to master.

Shirosaki

Neo Member
So help me understand this Kaiser Dragon fight.

Not only do I have to soft reset until I'm lucky he has Lightning/Water weakness at the beginning, I also have to retreat the battle and start all over again, because once the battle starts his weakness is locked. I keep soft reseting and his weakness are always the same.

Is that it? This looks impossible for me to master.

Just Zerg through it as long as one of the weaknesses are there. I couldn't get lightning to spawn just water and still got Champion. Didn't hit any crystals either so it absorbed all 3 attacks he does at the end.

Mist Overload is full breakdown, its the same debuff as Full break just a bit stronger so they wont stack.

Mustadio is Pentabreak, it breaks everything full break does + mind. And it has its own ID so it will stack with full break and everything in the game.

Oh my, I didn't realize that it was a penta-break. Hello Mustadio, welcome to the team.

Syntsui

Hahaha just after I typed that he was weak to lightning and water, finally mastered it. I hope he is the most gimmicky of the bunch.

Hahaha just after I typed that he was weak to lightning and water, finally mastered it. I hope he is the most gimmicky of the bunch.

Honestly he's not that hard if you just wait it out. I got him to about 40% on his first two phases, then just waited for lightning / water and finished him off. Once he gets to 40% you just Defend and heal until you get lightning / water.

Anyway, supposedly Curada is the worst of the bunch. It's next for me :-/

Shirosaki

Neo Member
Honestly he's not that hard if you just wait it out. I got him to about 40% on his first two phases, then just waited for lightning / water and finished him off. Once he gets to 40% you just Defend and heal until you get lightning / water.

Curada is relatively simple damage wise but I made the mistake of forgetting to attack with white magic (don't know what I was thinking, even had Diaga with me) and for some reason banishing Strike removed the regen but I didn't get the medals. Did it again with dispel and made sure to actually use white magic lol.

Yuna's BSSB 2 helped out a lot. If you need me to change to that for help I can.

Funny enough, Curada is the second Nightmare I finished. The game has been generous with white mage relics, so it was really easy with synergy.

Torment 250 for X is really the hardest thing I ever mastered in this game.I have to stop waiting on the last day to do those.

Guts and a good Medica BSB go such a long way. Firion instant Magic Blink has to be one of my favorite thing in this game. Realized that I forgot a form of Hastega but everyone had a Burst but Minfilia.

My SSB/BSB are lacking or almost absent for V and X so I am not touching those CM for now. If at least I had more than shared Medica in those realms, it would help the lack of damage SB.

Wazzy

Banned
UNF Tactics music is so good. Just finished all the fights until ultimate's release. I'll focus on some Nightmare fights I need to clear.

I caved to the hype and did two pulls, first netted me two ovelia robes, yuck, second got me the osb, mustachios gun and agrias shield. Was really wanting agrias imperil bsb, but,these are pretty good consolation prizes. May liquidate a bunch of obsolete relics to augment the osb, since its holy+, 198 atk is good enough with the holy boost added to be at least my number two weapon in most realms.

Skipping x torment 250 and the cm for now, just too time intensive to hit and run to build bars.

Kain

So, I caught up with the Nightmares at last:

- Valigarmanda I went blind spamming summons and using Yuna's BSB2 as RW. Mastered the second time when the monster spawned. Alph's BSB was the MVP, the wind chaining is real

- Kaiser dragon down with total ease thanks to the power creep

- Curada guardian thing, went full yolo ignoring the hot potato with Seph's BSB and deployment tactics plus three WMs mitigating at full. It was slow but fun, the thing killed itself

Wow. So if you want to be crazy, you can do Mustadio SSB, Faris BSSB, Agrias SB, Full Break, and Faris Burst Commands and get like 5 levels of debuffs?

FB will overwrite Faris BSB

Something like this could work, though:

Mustadio > Faris > Agrias > Vaan > Commands

firehawk12

Subete no aware
FB will overwrite Faris BSB

Something like this could work, though:

Mustadio > Faris > Agrias > Vaan > Commands
Hrm, although I guess in a real world scenario, you'd probably only be using Faris and Agrias unless Mustadio has some awesome burst that I don't know about.

It makes me want to try to pull again for Agrias BSSB, but I know that's a dumb thing to do. lol

Also, I'm sure the devs don't want to overwhelm people with numbers, but I kind of wish they'd let you see what effects do what in terms of actual numbers in the game somewhere. Having to pull out a PDF to find ID numbers and stuff like that seems kind of silly.

What's so good about Cid's OSB?
Thunder God lowers casting times of all actions, so people are pairing it with that Full Charge ability.

Or you can pair it with his BSSB to make that more usable too.

Shadow780

Guess I'll better hone that full charge then, I pulled his OSB and Agrias BSB pretty happy with the synergy those two relics provide each other.

RivalCore

Finally beat Torment 250.

My hands are actually sore from holding my phone for that long, which was about an hour. Decided to go physical rather than mage team.

3v8GyjR.png

Didn't really enjoy the dungeon. The trash was more manageable than Torment V, but I was getting wrecked by his constant AOE attacks. Had about 5 S/L's before I got lucky and he didn't repeat AOE. I really need a better mage heal...

thedan001

Did the ATK soft cap raise today?

I redid the d250 torment for farming purposes and it felt significantly easier with physical team

Some nostalgia, banners from the past

http://ffrk-creeper.herokuapp.com/events

My very first 5* relic was the buster sword, first 50 pull, I couldn't believe it. Cloud was OP for months, one-shooting bosses like crazy.

Mine was too! I forget where I got it - I don't think it was a 10 (was it 10? or were there always 11 relics?)-pull.

Random question: can we set Soul Breaks that aren't overwritten by Optimize? I never want to see Braver ever, ever again.

So who is Wol? I played FF1 many times and don't remember Wol? Am I missing something? I guess Echo is that fairy you get Oxyale from?

Sorry for all the questions.

WarAdept

So who is Wol? I played FF1 many times and don't remember Wol? Am I missing something? I guess Echo is that fairy you get Oxyale from?

Sorry for all the questions.

Yeah, like Balphon said, main protagonist of Mobius. Echo is also from that game as well.

It's more or less a reimagining of FF1.

A friend of mine came back to FFRK after a year. He had a real shitty physical/magical team. His strongest spell was Quake and he was using a bunch of 3 star abilities. His cloud was capped at level 50. Most of his party was 50-62. I told him to pull on Orlandu Banner. He has like retaliate at r1. Double cut at r2. No Life Siphon. No Full Break. No Dismissal. No breakdowns.................lol

He gets Orlandu and Agrias BSB on his first pull! That son of a bitch LOL. He never played tactics and asked me if they're good. I told him, those two are going to carry you until Ultimate dungeons. He has no hastega, medica, boostga or wall. He doesn't even run a healer.
His team all ran unique soul breaks lol. It was Cloud, Tidus, Rinoa, Terra and Lightning.
I told him to do the FFT event to get Agrias and Orlandu and rofl stomp everything for a while. I replaced his Cloud and Tidus since he's got really outdated relics and put T.G. Cid and Agrias.

I told him that he got the best pulls out of it. I'm so jelly since I could have used either of them. RNG is so cruel.
He has no idea how lucky he is to get those great relics.

I still need 13 more mythrils for a 2nd pull. :(

I felt lucky, thanks to Brave Exvius pulls earlier today. Um. Did another 11-pull. Another Orlandu OSB, a Circlet (VII) - uh, never seen this before, but okay?, and Orlandu's BSB! Considering I wanted the BSB for full Thunder God-mode, this is amazing - plus the +Holy Saintly Excalibur+.

I need Sundaily.

Strangely, I love the balance in this game too. I had a hell of a time beating d200 FFX Torment (non-CM) before time ran out.

Mobius protag.

Yeah, like Balphon said, main protagonist of Mobius. Echo is also from that game as well.

It's more or less a reimagining of FF1.

Ah, I heard of Mobius but never looked into it. Cool I suppose. Thanks for the response. :)

A friend of mine came back to FFRK after a year. He had a real shitty physical/magical team. His strongest spell was Quake and he was using a bunch of 3 star abilities. His cloud was capped at level 50. Most of his party was 50-62. I told him to pull on Orlandu Banner. He has like retaliate at r1. Double cut at r2. No Life Siphon. No Full Break. No Dismissal. No breakdowns.................lol

He gets Orlandu and Agrias BSB on his first pull! That son of a bitch LOL. He never played tactics and asked me if they're good. I told him, those two are going to carry you until Ultimate dungeons. He has no hastega, medica, boostga or wall. He doesn't even run a healer.
His team all ran unique soul breaks lol. It was Cloud, Tidus, Rinoa, Terra and Lightning.
I told him to do the FFT event to get Agrias and Orlandu and rofl stomp everything for a while. I replaced his Cloud and Tidus since he's got really outdated relics and put T.G. Cid and Agrias.

I told him that he got the best pulls out of it. I'm so jelly since I could have used either of them. RNG is so cruel.
He has no idea how lucky he is to get those great relics.

I still need 13 more mythrils for a 2nd pull. :(

That's amazing! I'm happy for your friend haha. It took me a lot more than one to get Cid and Agrias' BSB :x

thedan001

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...jp_ffrk_6th_nicovideo_livestream_summary_and/

There was a stream on NicoNico a few days ago detailing some new stuff coming out.

Kiros, Ward, Rude, Elena, Gogo, and Umaro are coming.

Dirge of Cerberus, FFTA, and Type-0 realms will be a thing.

It'll obviously be awhile until Global gets it, but its still pretty exciting.

Nice, I hope Elena isn't subpar/average character in FFRK

This is a lot of content coming and we haven't even touched FFXI/FFXIV endgame content yet...

I can see FFRK lasting 2+ years or so

Kain

I just tested Cid's BSSB. This has the potential to do 10x9999 if set right, it doesn't matter much that the commands and the entry damage are so slow as you're basically forced to carry Powerchain and LS, so I guess the method is (with Ace striker RM) LS, LS, PC, BSSB, PC, Command 1, PC, C1... man what a monster

I still need to unlock his RM3 that gives thundergod mode, but I'm not sure it will be better than the setup I mentioned.

Are there numbers somewhere to tell if chaining his OSB is more damaging than the BSB alone? I read that OSB -> BSB is better than OSB -> OSB in ideal situations but not very practical, but I still haven't seen a comparison between his OSB versus his BSB

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...jp_ffrk_6th_nicovideo_livestream_summary_and/

There was a stream on NicoNico a few days ago detailing some new stuff coming out.

Kiros, Ward, Rude, Elena, Gogo, and Umaro are coming.

Dirge of Cerberus, FFTA, and Type-0 realms will be a thing.

It'll obviously be awhile until Global gets it, but its still pretty exciting.
Rude, Elena and FFTA are not confirmed yet, they were just choices they offered viewers in a poll. I'm sure they will be included eventually, but they're not official yet like the rest of the content revealed in the stream.

Top Bottom