• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Dragner

Did one pull and got Orlandu BSB, Agrias SSB2 and Ovelia Medica. More than satisfied. Now I can do a full Cid Missions team so mission accomplished.

Caim

The fest/anniversary banners always change, but usually not too much. The OSB will probably still be there.

Yeah I noticed Curilla's armor is up there and we don't have any FFXI characters yet besides Shantotto due to not getting the Grandmasters event so I assumed it might change.

I think the first true FFXI banner is some time after 2nd Anniversary.

Now the question is if I do a pull for his BSB too or do a Nightmare draw instead.
I decided to do a Nightmare Draw, since I could use more Mage gear. I forgot how this game loves giving me Medicas. :p
PgZKIXQ.png

Aerith upgraded from Healing Wind (my very first Medica) to her SSB Medica.
Yuna upgraded from HotF (my second Medica) to her Valefor Burst (my second Burst Medica).
Eiko gets my first FFIX medica.
Krile gets my first En-Fire BSB. Luckily, I already have R3 Chain Firaga due to getting Terra's En-Fire SSB.

Nothing gamechanging (e.g. Terra's OSB or Bursts for Eiko and Aerith), but no dupes and some nice upgrades options (even if only for CMs). Today was a good day. :D

B.K.

I just did an 11 pull. Went 2/11:

TG Cid OSB
TG Cid BSB

Depending on how those two go tpgether, I will probably replace Squall in my A Team. Cid's skillset is a lot better.

Kain

Two pulls:

2x Cid BSB
2x Ovelia's staff
2x Mustadio's Gun
1x Agrias shield (the SB)

More than happy honestly, I can do CMs now and got something for my man Cid. Also Mustadio's SSB will stack nicely with Noel's BSB for hard fights.

Dragner

TG Cid OSB
TG Cid BSB

Depending on how those two go tpgether, I will probably replace Squall in my A Team. Cid's skillset is a lot better.

You can use it in 2 different ways, you can lifesiphon the crap out of him and then OSB +2xBSB or just OSB normally and use the short charge to LS faster the next one. The first option is more bursty for weak phases and the other more sustain dps.

Caim

TG Cid OSB
TG Cid BSB

Nice! Due to the long delay you could use Lifesiphon and then Powerchain to your OSB/BSB.

B.K.

You can use it in 2 different ways, you can lifesiphon the crap out of him and then OSB +2xBSB or just OSB normally and use the short charge to LS faster the next one. The first option is more bursty for weak phases and the other more sustain dps.

The OSB speeds up wait times, right? Can it be used to shorten Burst command waits?

Kenai

One pull got me Agrias SSB and Mustadio SSB. Not the best pull, but not bad. Was kinda hoping I'd snag one of the BSBs or Olivia's Medica, but at least they weren't dupes.

Tidd

Future strategies for every battle:"set up wall, shout and then just spam wrath, entrust and the OSB"

Congrats everyone who got what they wanted. :)

Edit: WOHOOO Mote dungeons will open in 4 days! Finally I can clear all of them. Even Ifrit I guess.

Dragner

Mote Ifrit should be easy right now. It came long ago and we powercreeped over his powerlevel. Most Mote bosses are not that hard (Dahaka is directly a joke). Cid Missions is another story.

Syntsui

My rage pull on Nightmare banner was so fucking good, I can't be that mad anyway. Garnet's boostga dress/Eiko's reraise meduca/Rinoa OSB. I have more than enough for a ridiculous mage team, I really don't even know who to use with so many options.

MiTYH

Well damn, I needed FFT units, so I multipulled... glad I did!5/11, one of my best pulls ever:

- Orlandeau's OSB and Cloak
- Agrias's Excalibur
- Ovelia's Lambent Hat
- Mustadio's Mythril Gun

Dragner

Well damn, I needed FFT units, so I multipulled... glad I did!5/11, one of my best pulls ever:

- Orlandeau's OSB and Cloak
- Agrias's Excalibur
- Ovelia's Lambent Hat
- Mustadio's Mythril Gun

One of your best?. Whats your best?. Ive never gotten 2 of the 1% relics at the same time. 3 is just incredible.

(I posted this in the BE topic at first, lol)

Aside from 100 gems I am skipping this completely. No nostalgia value (I have to beat it at one point), no great synergy value since it's a rare realm, no real necessary game changers. I would pull for synergy but there are better stuff to save for.

I am saving nearly everything for anniversary but will pull for FuRai event as I am desperate for VIII synergy and I want that wind damage. If Anniversary wasn't happening I would go for the Matoya event too but alas.

Syntsui

What's so special about Fuijin and Raijin? It's unbelievable that DeNa gave something good to two of the most random and lame characters of the franchise.

WarAdept

What's so special about Fuijin and Raijin? It's unbelievable that DeNa gave something good to two of the most random and lame characters of the franchise.

It's Fuijin BSB that's the grand prize. It's basically Vaans BSB for mage teams.

And Fuijin herself is quite a good character.

Plus Banner 2 has the amazing Quistis OSB. It's just so rad to look at.

I think that's what I like most about Record Keeper, giving lots of underappreciated characters a chance to shine over the stereotypical loved ones.

Except Reks. Dude deserves an Auto Death RM.

Falk

that puzzling face
guys if i don't get anything good on anniversary banner i quit ffrk

COME ON COME ON COME ON

friz898

100 gem pull only got me a FF7 4star Masamune, so combined and upped it to rank 5.

4 out of 6 for good rainbow streak on last 6 100gem pulls.

Anustart

Did a 1 pull. Got ovelia's staff. Ugh, another medica. Though not a bad one. Magic blink always nice. Useful for cid missions, not needed elsewhere as I already have rosa's.

alcheim

My luck has been awful since the FFXIV event.
Did 3 x 11 pulls which resulted in (1/11, 1/11, 1/11) and all I got were three of Ovelia's crappy relics.

I already have tons of healers FFRK, I don't need another one.
:(

Dragner

I pulled it too. The problem is that I have Mist Overload for Fran, so this doesn't seem as great, except it hits everybody. I mean, it's okay in a pinch, but it doesn't have as much utility during the actual hard fights.

Mist Overload is full breakdown, its the same debuff as Full break just a bit stronger so they wont stack.

Mustadio is Pentabreak, it breaks everything full break does + mind. And it has its own ID so it will stack with full break and everything in the game.

Syntsui

I pulled it too. The problem is that I have Mist Overload for Fran, so this doesn't seem as great, except it hits everybody. I mean, it's okay in a pinch, but it doesn't have as much utility during the actual hard fights.
Mustadio Pentabreak is the best break in the game and stacks with everything.

I'm already putting work with it and I don't even need wall anymore. It's freaking great.

Shirosaki

Neo Member
Mustadio Pentabreak is the best break in the game and stacks with everything.

I'm already putting work with it and I don't even need wall anymore. It's freaking great.

So true! It's awesome to not be reliant on wall now. RIP my 8 star Sentinel Grimoire. Tyro can finally be benched aside from the occassional dance party fights.

On a side note, I wish I had whale'd for Vaan's burst back when it came out. (I know the Mage alternative is coming soon but would like both.) Thing seems to stand the test of time.

Syntsui

So true! It's awesome to not be reliant on wall now. RIP my 8 star Sentinel Grimoire. Tyro can finally be benched aside from the occassional dance party fights.

On a side note, I wish I had whale'd for Vaan's burst back when it came out. (I know the Mage alternative is coming soon but would like both.) Thing seems to stand the test of time.
I was lucky to pull Tyro's BSB on Nightmare banner, so with him + Mustadio + breakdowns/fullbreak I'm pretty much set for future content.

Shirosaki

Neo Member
I was lucky to pull Tyro's BSB on Nightmare banner, so with him + Mustadio + breakdowns/fullbreak I'm pretty much set for future content.

Definitely! That's an extremely good combination! Don't have to slot for ProShellga either which is a huge plus.

Top Bottom