• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

zennyzz

I don't mind the story but oh man these scenes needed better direction.

Spoilers only for chapters 1-4
Machinas brother dies in the beginning of the game and get's like 4 death scenes. Despite just needing the first one and calling it a day. Aria gets shot and i'm assuming dies. Yet Class 0 doesn't bat a eye besides "If we stay here we'll be get the same fate". Like come on really?

For the first part, Izuna only gets one death scene prior to chapter 4. It's not like we're served the same scene several times from seven different angles. Cause, the only thing I remember about Izuna having any kind of screen time is context of how he ended up on the battlefield and his impact on Ace. They dwell on the context of who izuna is, but they don't dwell on how he died.

For the second part. Talking with class Zero or NPCs would make it generally clear that for the most part, class zero doesn't exactly 'care' for others beyond themselves and their mother. Aria is more important to a completely different character.

Jawmuncher

For the first part, Izuna only gets one death scene prior to chapter 4. It's not like we're served the same scene several times from seven different angles. Cause, the only thing I remember about Izuna having any kind of screen time is context of how he ended up on the battlefield and his impact on Ace. They dwell on the context of who izuna is, but they don't dwell on how he died.

For the second part. Talking with class Zero or NPCs would make it generally clear that for the most part, class zero doesn't exactly 'care' for others beyond themselves and their mother. Aria is more important to a completely different character.

That's what I meant by numerous death scenes. They could have ended it with the first angle. But the way it goes on was just ridiculous. I do recall that they don't really care but ace kind of already showed the opposite with Izuna in the beginning. All in all i'm more just harping on the way some of these scenes are playing out they just feel off to me in terms of direction. Still enjoying my time with it however.

zennyzz

That's what I meant by numerous death scenes. They could have ended it with the first angle. But the way it goes on was just ridiculous. I do recall that they don't really care but ace kind of already showed the opposite with Izuna in the beginning. All in all i'm more just harping on the way some of these scenes are playing out they just feel off to me in terms of direction. Still enjoying my time with it however.

I don't see an issue with it. There's a specific reasoning for why it's brought up(It's not really since it's more filling in gaps)? repeatedly. It's not about Izuna as much as it's about Ace and Machina.

Ace caring for Izuna doesn't mean he suddenly has to give a shit about Aria and even then, Izuna had a notable impact on Ace, whereas Aria's that one girl assigned to their squad.

Okay just finished the game. Major spoilers obviously:
Chapter 8 is really terrible like the stuff they make you do is bad & cheap. Now I was about to write this off based on that until I saw the final ending which is super rough or maybe that's not the word but damn they're all dead badically? Minus Machina (who's super annoying) & Rem. Ending was sad as hell but damn. I was expecting they would just help rebuild their world but guess they kept that crisis core style sad ending

It's so hard to care about this story and these characters. I'm at Chapter 6 or something and
it's obvious Machina is the new White Tiger L'Cie. He's such a whiny tryhard dipshit. Why does he do this? I don't care. I hope he dies.

I don't mind the story but oh man these scenes needed better direction.

Spoilers only for chapters 1-4
Machinas brother dies in the beginning of the game and get's like 4 death scenes. Despite just needing the first one and calling it a day. Aria gets shot and i'm assuming dies. Yet Class 0 doesn't bat a eye besides "If we stay here we'll be get the same fate". Like come on really?

After finding out Aria is not actually shy and is a loudmouth, Class Zero was probably glad she was shot lol. Joking aside, talking with NPCs frequently helps flesh out character relationships and character development a LOT in this game, including Aria being shot. Several Orderlys, I believe, express concern for her as she is an orderly herself.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
And my work here is done. Onto Bloodborne finaly.

CBFkEUHWcAAfASc.jpg:large

Man I'm 33 hours in and only just finished chapter 7 on my first playthrough. I guess knowing exactly what to do helps

lol I'm 44 hours in and still on Chapter 7, though I haven't been going for the trophies and have been intentionally taking it really, really slow.

Geg

Well I havent really been doing many of the tasks/requests since most of them are just "go kill x amount of monsters"

Mokubba

The gameplay is pretty deep so it will take you a little while to get used to it. I have the platinum trophy and 50 hours into this game and just today i figured out how to use Sice really well, i wasnt confident with her before.

Alot of different ways to play this game.

What did you learn with Sice?
She was my name but switched to Seven as I found her more consistent.

The gameplay is pretty deep so it will take you a little while to get used to it. I have the platinum trophy and 50 hours into this game and just today i figured out how to use Sice really well, i wasnt confident with her before.

Alot of different ways to play this game.

Yeah, I found Sice tricky to use and then I used her a bunch in training and found good ways to time dodges and get killsights to use her more effectively.

I picked this up and started playing. Rem is an early favorite because I like her fighting style and I talked to Mother with her and Mother was a real jerk
nFnT4W6.gif
Time to power level Rem and wipe the floor with the rest of the class.

Random Story question (I'll spoiler but its from the first hour)
Mother tells Ace not to talk about harvesting phantoma with Rem and Machina, but both can harvest phantoma anyway. Am I missing something?
I thought there might be a penalty or something for using the two transfers but I guess not.

Geg

I picked this up and started playing. Rem is an early favorite because I like her fighting style and I talked to Mother with her and Mother was a real jerk
nFnT4W6.gif

Mother tells Ace not to talk about harvesting phantoma with Rem and Machina, but both can harvest phantoma anyway. Am I missing something?
I thought there might be a penalty or something for using the two transfers but I guess not.

She just says to not let them know what Phantoma actually is (and at that point in the game you the player don't know either)

Holy shitballs this game just got hella epic.
Just did the section on the frozen clouds with all the airships stuck in it and there's dying people everywhere and dragons flying around and zombies in the ice clouds for some fuckin' reason and I got to play as Bahamut Zero and manually Tera Flare a fool. They should rename this game again to Final Fantasy Crazy Epic Hype Kitchen Sink Motherfuckers

I found Sice a lot easier to use than Seven. Half the time her whip doesn't seem to go where I want it to
I think if you hold square or press it repeatedly her whip steadies in front of her and does a lot of damage, but it leaves her vulnerable. Other than that you kind of have to be close to the enemies to get more hits in.

muteki

Felt like I was cruising right along until the first serious-business mission in Togoreth Fortress when I got properly put in my place and my reserves were dropping like flies.

My strategy of taking my lowest level groups to each mission (in an attempt to keep everyone equal) might need some rethinking.

XJF

So I've finished the First Mission of Chapter 7. Anyone know where I can still get a Diamond Ring this playthrough? Some A-hole in Bazz wants one to help some dude and I need the dude to open a shop.

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while. The voices of the generic soldiers, do they share the same voice actor as the infamous "Enemies everywhere!" enemies from the first Mass Effect? Because if not then the similarity is uncanny. As is the repetition.

zennyzz

nFnT4W6.gif

Its story and gameplay segregation. Officially they don't actually ever do it. And Arecia has a very real reason to be a jerk to both of them, that machina will showoff quite consistently.

XJF

Just got my Platinum!

Overall very fun. Very different from the other FF entries, but not necessarily a bad thing.

Just got it and I have to say, it has been a long time since I was THIS excited about a game. Holy crap is it awesome!

Ran straight back to the store to get the collectors edition and strategy guide, and I never ever buy those.

Can't wait to hold my marathon this weekend.

RDreamer

I felt really overleveled for a while and now in Chapter 5 the next story mission says you should be level 29 and most of my characters aren't near that. Wonder if I missed something. I've been going out and doing every task I can per chapter.

Enthus

We have (finally) arrived!

Sorry about my pictures making it looks like a tomato, it is a super nice blood red in-person. I was iffy about the faceplate before it arrived, but I actually think it works really well. The theme it came with is awesome as well!

Roto13

That is a nice PS4. I wish everything I owned reminded me of blood.

How do I control the Izumo unit in one of that shitty RTS stages? Mog gave me a tutorial window but I skipped it because I thought I had read it already.

EDIT: Nevermind. Figured it out. Why don't games have manuals any more?

EDIT 2: For the love of god, please tell me I don't have to do The Climactic Clash at Azurr before I can do Operation Homecoming.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
We have (finally) arrived!

Sorry about my pictures making it looks like a tomato, it is a super nice blood red in-person. I was iffy about the faceplate before it arrived, but I actually think it works really well. The theme it came with is awesome as well!

Where did you end up ordering from?

What did you learn with Sice?
She was my name but switched to Seven as I found her more consistent.

I think its called negative aura, she casts a circle around herself and not only does it do a ton of damage to whatever comes inside it, it also heals her.

I solo'd the behemoth cave with her, didnt even need magic.

Tohsaka

Type-0 is definitely the easiest of the three Final Fantasy platinum trophies I've gotten (the other two being FFX and Lightning Returns). I'm kinda surprised they didn't make it harder, like getting all the Eidolons, or doing a second playthrough, max level etc. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

Bloodborne is now sucking up all my time, but every day I switch up someone different for secret training.

I think by the time I'm ready to get back into the game, I might be ridiculously over-leveled.

Type-0 is definitely the easiest of the three Final Fantasy platinum trophies I've gotten (the other two being FFX and Lightning Returns). I'm kinda surprised they didn't make it harder, like getting all the Eidolons, or doing a second playthrough, max level etc. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

Yeah, they were VERY nice about the Platinum. They could have forced you to beat the game on the hardest difficulty or beaten the tower of agito. Honestly i wish more games would do this, some Platinum Trophies are so absurdly hard that i wont even attempt to get them.

Just completed the game for the first time, my strongest character was only at lvl 37 LOL Completed in about 17 hours. Hated the final battle BTW.

I don't get how tasks work. Can I only do one at a time? Can I get everything I need to complete several and just tAlk to each person when I come back twice to complete them?

Also, how do i do expert trials in the arena?

Cloudy

Banned
I don't get how tasks work. Can I only do one at a time? Can I get everything I need to complete several and just tAlk to each person when I come back twice to complete them?

One at a time and talk to the person afterwards. Also, you can see task status in the main menu

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member

You can only hold on to one. Requests that require you to gather items don't need to be taken first. Just find out what you need, farm or get the items first, then accept and complete the requests. Requests where you have to defeat enemies or do things have to be taken first. Remember to exploit some of these requests by saving and playing missions instead of going out to the world map.

Yes, you can only have 1 task assigned at one time. And yes, if you have the items you need to complete them then you can just walk up and talk to them and you will get the reward.

You can only hold on to one. Requests that require you to gather items don't need to be taken first. Just find out what you need, farm or get the items first, then accept and complete the requests. Requests where you have to defeat enemies or do things have to be taken first. Remember to exploit some of these requests by saving and playing missions instead of going out to the world map.
Can you explain this exploit a bit more?

Just starting Chapter 7. WOW what a way to end chapter 6.
That was a pretty incredible way to wipe out an entire military force

Also is the point of this game to make me dislike Machina? Because I feel like the more the story goes on I'm just going to hate him MORE.

Top Bottom