• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

RPGCrazied

Just received my review copy today! So excited about it, can't wait to dive in. I'm still buying the Collector's Edition at the Los Angeles area launch event on Saturday, though!

1625638_10153927506135022_1958010997_n.jpg

Take pics of the inside and artbook! Whats the disc look like?

Zephyx

Great OT. Will pick this up day 1. First time playing this (though I know the story) so I know I'll be in for a treat.

Chris R

Pretty sure LE and CE are PS3 only. Regular version for Vita only. Talking about just NA here. I don't think it's different for other regions but I'm not sure.

Exactly why I got the PS3 version...

Would have loved a $65 or something version that just had everything bundled together from the get go. Now I'll just wait for a sale sometime next year and grab X-2 if I haven't beaten it by then for the vita.

Shahed

IIRC, you always get the same amount of EXP for each character regardless of how many characters participated in a fight, which is pretty cool.
I can't wait for a 100 hours of grinding in order to beat the Richter xD (I didn't know he was called Richter in other languages, too^^)

Yeah. They just have to take at least one action. Since random battles can go quite quickly, I resort to guarding, or even attacking in the case of Yuna and Lulu.

Why am I forgetting who Richter is?

This is awesome..I have actually never tried the expert sphere grid.

I would love to customize the characters as I fit.And yes yuna getting lulu's magic is insane.

I am even more excited for the gameplay possibilities.

That one is most useful since Yuna lacks offense for a huge part of the game. Especially since she has a higher magic stat than Lulu I believe.

Expert is good in quite a few ways. For example everyone starts in the same area at the middle, so I like to place early Sphere Nodes so they can all reap the benefits. Like the Strength Sphere you get for winning the blitzball tournanment

B.K.

I'm glad they added the Distill abilities to the International version. It sucked how limited Ability Spheres were in the original version of the game after Luca.

Shahed

Googled again. It seems like I was wrong and he's called Penance in English.
I don't know what's wrong with me today...
Ah that blasted guy! I don't think I'll kill him this time around. Once was too much. I don't have it in me to go through all the grinding necessary. Not unless someone finds an exploit of some sort to speed the process up

Son Of D

Two and a half years after the announcement I'll finally get to play this in HD. Going to be so good. £20 PS3 Collector's Edition a go-go!

Cheddahz

Banned
I have a dumb question, will you be able to buy each game separately on the PSN store? I would just like to get FFX for my Vita right now and I was wondering if this was possible

Sorry for bumping this again, but it would be nice to know something (or if we have to fund out the day it's released, that's fine with me)

ZeroX03

Banned
Sorry for bumping this again, but it would be nice to know something (or if we have to fund out the day it's released, that's fine with me)

According to the SE blog (I think), they won't be available separately. The downloads for X and X-2 might be separate though.

tenton

2HcYdcFl.jpg

Can't wait to experience the laughing scene in Japanese.

The Asia Chinese ver. does not have English text option, unfortunately.

I had a feeling this was the case (ever since Play Asia changed their descriptions). Square, you lost money from me; I was ready to buy this version, too.

Cheddahz

Banned
According to the SE blog (I think), they won't be available separately. The downloads for X and X-2 might be separate though.
Ugh, alright. I have $20 in my PSN account anyways, so I'll probably just buy the collection digitally. Thank you for the help!

Persona7

Banned
Does anyone know if the pre-order section on the bottom of gamestops receipt shows the amount I paid or the amount I owe?

Shadownet

Banned
I have the limited edition preordered. But I'm having some early buyer remorse Gaf.

I just bought Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, still haven't finish Tales of Xillia and Ni no Kuni.

I don't know if I should throw down money to buy another JRPG.

But I want to get the limited edition before it sold out:3 damnnnnn decision!

I never play final fantasy X before. Know nothing about it beside characters names.

I've had this preordered since August, so I'm ready.

Although I should probably finish Tales of Xillia over the next week so I'm not juggling two RPGs at once.

Banzai

I always used the standard sphere grid thinking that the expert one would lock me out of maxing my stats because there's less nodes. Is that even true? Might choose Expert this time around.

Been looking forward to this for so long, can't wait to take on the Dark Aeons. This game was always pretty darn easy, it could use any challenge you can get.

Someday the Dream will End is the greatest song in this game, nothing comes close to it.

Dark_castle

Been looking forward to this for so long, can't wait to take on the Dark Aeons. This game was always pretty darn easy, it could use any challenge you can get.

Someday the Dream will End is the greatest song in this game, nothing comes close to it.

To Zanarkand was my favorite. Memory of Lightwaves is also awesome.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Man I can't wait. This is really the Final Fantasy "year" more or less. It started all with ARR, continued with LR: FFXIII, now moves into X and X-2 HD, next is Theatrhythm! I wonder if there's more coming for christmas...
just wow. Super happy.

Plus the Type-0 translation patch in august :)

Yeah that too... I hope it turns into an official S-E release for late year in HD remaster form!

Banzai

Assuming nothing's changed between the International version and this one, no - there are still enough nodes in the Expert grid to make maxed characters. Much more info here.

Ah cool. I'll stop at 10k HP anyway so there should be plenty of space.

Perfo said:
Man I can't wait. This is really the Final Fantasy "year" more or less. It started all with ARR, continued with LR: FFXIII, now moves into X and X-2 HD, next is Theatrhythm

Plus the Type-0 translation patch in august :)

sasuke_91

Ah that blasted guy! I don't think I'll kill him this time around. Once was too much. I don't have it in me to go through all the grinding necessary. Not unless someone finds an exploit of some sort to speed the process up

I never beat him. Never got the Ultima weapons or dark aeons or even did any sort of grinding. I only beat the game regularly and cried when my save file got deleted after that. Oh god, memory cards really weren't the safest thing o_O

sqwarlock

Ugh, why is the LE like KH 1.5's? Was really hoping it would be a normal case + art book inside a slip cover. Still, it's artwork is so much better than the regular edition's here in the US so I think I'll keep my LE order on Amazon. Still not sure if I want to get the Vita edition day one as well, but I'm leaning that way at the moment.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Just received my review copy today! So excited about it, can't wait to dive in. I'm still buying the Collector's Edition at the Los Angeles area launch event on Saturday, though!

1625638_10153927506135022_1958010997_n.jpg

What's it say on the paper ?

Surely those aren't "reviews do's and don'ts" .. it's a 10 year+ old game.

Zoator

What's it say on the paper ?

Surely those aren't "reviews do's and don'ts" .. it's a 10 year+ old game.

The first section looks like it says "About" with a description of the game, and the second section says "Features," with the first bullet point saying "Enhanced Visuals."

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, didn't know the Limited Edition case was a case/artbook hybrid thing. I'm glad I watched the unboxing. Going to order a standard edition instead.

HeelPower

That one is most useful since Yuna lacks offense for a huge part of the game. Especially since she has a higher magic stat than Lulu I believe.

Expert is good in quite a few ways. For example everyone starts in the same area at the middle, so I like to place early Sphere Nodes so they can all reap the benefits. Like the Strength Sphere you get for winning the blitzball tournanment

This would just make replays exciting.Yeah Yuna has the higher magic stats its time for her to dish out some damage lol

Top Bottom