• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

ZeroX03

Banned
Question: anyone know if the strategy guide from Brady Games will be full color? I don't need it for the information, but I had the original guide for X and it had all sorts of wonderful artwork and pictures of the monsters, equipment, etc. Would love to have that again.

aceface

What I remember form the Brady Games guide is that Nobuo Uematsu spoiled the ending for me in those interviews in the back.

Squire

Banned
We all know it is actually "Teedus" because the name is derived from "tida" which is "sun" in Okinawan as "Yuna" is "moon".

But what do you call him? In your head or otherwise?

Flandy

We all know it is actually "Teedus" because the name is derived from "tida" which is "sun" in Okinawan as "Yuna" is "moon".

When I first played the game I called him Tydus. Nowadays I seem to call him both

At first i pronounced it Tydus, but then I was edumacated. Now it's Teedus.

ubercheez

It's always been Tide-us in my head, because of the game's water theme and his sword. Could have easily been avoided if they hadn't gone to such silly lengths to never say his name in game.

Persona7

Banned
I still lol when I think of the time someone at costco set every single computers background to that goofy ass tidus picture.

Falk

that puzzling face
Re: pronounciation

ティーダ

That is all.

edit: yes I know, Tina = Terra and all that jazz.

MilkBeard

Paid off my preorder...I'm excited to play this. This month is awesome for Japanese games, as we have Dark Souls II, this game, and Ground Zeroes. I'm getting all of them.

So, will it be possible now to get Lu Lu's Ultimate weapon, the Onion Knight? I mean who actually dodged 100 lightning strikes in a row? It always annoyed me that it was the only one I could'nt get.

Jacobbles

Question: anyone know if the strategy guide from Brady Games will be full color? I don't need it for the information, but I had the original guide for X and it had all sorts of wonderful artwork and pictures of the monsters, equipment, etc. Would love to have that again.

I can't imagine why it wouldn't be. I don't think I've ever seen a strategy guide that wasn't printed in colour.

Magnus

Looking forward to this more than any PS4/XBO release. Wonder what that says about my gameplay tastes and interests these days.

MUnited83

For you.
Is there any confirmation about the release of FF X-2 physical with english subs(PS Vita)? I've seen it listed on a few sites, but they say languages are yet to be confirmed. I already preordered the FF X + FFX-2 combo UK version, but I would love to get FF X-2 on physical as well, as it is one of my favorite games ever.

ramyeon

I can't believe how hyped I am for this release. It helps that I have really fond memories of X but haven't played it since I first got my PS2 and never played more than the opening bits of X-2.

Zoe

For those with Vita that has tried multiple accounts, how does that work?

On my PS3 I can download a game from HK/TW PSN store, change my PSN account back to US, open that game and earn trophies on my US PSN account. Same goes with any DLCs.

Can I do that with a Vita also? Mainly I want to go to the HK PSN store on my Vita, download the Vita version (I have the PS3 version from that region), change back to my US account and earn trophies and enjoy cross-saves. I do have another Vita memory card or do I have to buy the physical version?
Downloaded games only work with the account they belong to.

romulus91

as a newbie.... do i need to switch out characters for them to gain exp? And if so, is this required (i.e is focusing on the three at all times a dumb idea)?

cannot wait ughh

They make strategy guides in black and white only?

Erigu

The former is true, the latter not so much. "Yuuna" is the Okinawan name of the Hibiscus tilliaceus, and Nomura said he based the design of her clothes and pendant on that. And according to him still, the name was taken from the expression "asa na yuu na" ("morning and evening").
That being said, I do suspect they (or some of them) thought it meant "Moon", yes.

Tydus here as well. Always thought it was more like 'Tidal' considering how much water is in this game. :D
Well, "wakka" does mean "water" in Ainu...

It's funny because he's called "Teedus" in the Dissidia Series and "Tydus" in Kingdom Hearts II.

JayEH

I think I'll pick this up when it gets a bit cheaper. I've never played a FF game before. I actually haven't played a JRPG since the first few Pokemon games.

I just got KH 1.5 HD Remix so once I'm done with that, I'll move on to this. Heard some great things about it.

Atlantis

Yeah everyone is useful in their own way. As for the magic stats, I just remembered Yuna being higher, but that must have been a result of her path more than anything else. So while they'll be equal at the beginning, Yuna will pull ahead. Nothing major though

Like you say, it comes down to preference. I'll always advocate more offensive power in my RPG's though!

For some reason Yuna vs. Lulu comes up a lot with this game.

Yuna has the highest Magic stat, but Lulu has the highest Defense, Magic Defense, MP, and Evasion.

The thing, using the original grid, you'll have to use at least one Black Magic Sphere and a Special Sphere to give her the abilities necessary to out-damage Lulu. You'll also want to save that Black Magic Sphere for Flare, which is right at the end of the game anyway. You can use five Black Magic Spheres for Flare and the -aga level spells, but that's six spheres used on Yuna to bring her close to Lulu's level, which I don't think is very fair when trying to compare two characters. Even after all that Lulu still pull out ahead thanks to her easily bought Magic Booster weapon.

Basically, Lulu does more damage for the bulk of the game simply because of her easy access to Black Magic Spells, and later in the game she does more damage because of Magic Booster.

(If you want "max power" though, teach Yuna everything I mentioned and just...use them both!)

Banzai

Has anyone doged 200 lightning bolts without a No Encounter-armor before? I want to try to get it out of the way as soon as possible in this playthrough but I'm afraid that the only thing im gonna get out of this is frustrated :D

Atlantis

Has anyone doged 200 lightning bolts without a No Encounter-armor before? I want to try to get it out of the way as soon as possible in this playthrough but I'm afraid that the only thing im gonna get out of this is frustrated :D

Really not worth it unless you use the little niche trick.

Levyne

Banned
Sounds like a pain, imagine hitting a lightning bolt right after a battle. Seems best just to wait for no encounters.

Leeness

Oh don't do that to yourself. 200 is easy without encounters but stupid with them on.

Top Bottom