• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2012 |OT| Ten years of Vana'diel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

Can you guys elaborate on this?, what does replacing lamp dats do?.

Probably makes them easier to spot so you spend less time looking for them. Biggest issue with Neo-Nyzul is that you have to do all 100 floors in one 30 minute run, right? So any time spent looking for lamps = less time to zerg down a boss so you gotta do the lamps as fast as possible.

Kandinsky

Probably makes them easier to spot so you spend less time looking for them. Biggest issue with Neo-Nyzul is that you have to do all 100 floors in one 30 minute run, right? So any time spent looking for lamps = less time to zerg down a boss so you gotta do the lamps as fast as possible.

I was thinking that but I was, again, thinking it was something more like lamps poping with numbers on them for order or some shit haha.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Can you guys elaborate on this?, what does replacing lamp dats do?.

The lamps have a number that doesn't appear to the player. by replacing .dats you can see the number. What will happen, is when you select a lamp, it will tell you what number it is. The number appears in that little box above your health saying what you've selected. So instead of "lampstand" it says "lampstand 4"

I was thinking that but I was, again, thinking it was something more like lamps poping with numbers on them for order or some shit haha.

You could kinda do that. It'll show with a number when you target it. Apradar will also show you the numbers without a dat modification.

Kandinsky

Man Nyzul is so frustrating, our group always get to floor 78, I cant see us getting higher, theres just no way lol. Maybe we need to change setup (war, war, sam, mnk, schx2) or just hax our way to the top :/

Lhexh

Man Nyzul is so frustrating, our group always get to floor 78, I cant see us getting higher, theres just no way lol. Maybe we need to change setup (war, war, sam, mnk, schx2) or just hax our way to the top :/

Use clipper. PM me if you are interested I am 15/15.

Bilix

Shady business!

Anyway, hopefully I can return to the game soon and start playing again. Been busy lately and my girflriend's PC broke so we have been sharing mine, which does t leave a lot of time for an MMO. Just built a new PC for myself and installed FFXI so I'm almost all set to return. I can just copy all the files so I don't have to spend like 72 hours updating right?

Loona

10 hours should do with the usual update process IIRC, enough to leave it doing that during sleep or while at work.

MistaPita

Was a close call but I made it! Raider's Boomerang get lol

Siqhv.jpg

Azuran

Banned
I learned that anything is possible if you put some effort into it. Here's something that I thought would be impossible for me when I started playing this again early this year. Nothing special these days, but I'm still quite proud of my first empy.

MistaPita

They finally did it. They nerfed the npc price of chocobo blinkers and perle/aurore/thatother gear.
I feel so broke now.

Shouta

They probably adjust money stuff more than anything else in the game, lol.

Money is kinda useless though, kind has been for awhile.

Leunam

The Abyssea gear? Someone suggested I buy and NPC all that stuff for some quick cash. Almost sad I didn't take advantage of that right now.

Azuran, congrats on the sword. I'll hopefully be there some day.

MistaPita

Well, not really.
My shopping list includes Rancorous mantle, kacura leggings +1, various cursed gear etc. If you want to get the cells for stuff like Toci's and Coruscanti that have 0.1% droprate in VW then you're looking at an awful amount of zeroes :(

Shouta

There's some upgrades you could get but a lot of gear is simply drops. Even the tide-over/standard pieces like the Empyrean AFs are drops. Cursed gear requires the abjuration still, right? So still drop related. Cells are a good use of cash though you can pick them up through cruor if you're regularly building that.

That's about the only real thing I kinda miss about some of the old FFXI days, AH gear was still at least a little bit active. Granted, it was still pretty ass because of all the problems associated with the AH like gouging, drop rates, and really bad gear design. But, I kinda miss looking for deals and getting some nice stuff on there that could be an improvement.

I miss AH weapons most of all. It's Magian, Relic, or Empyrean or nothing at all with a few scant choices otherwise.

Firehead

I reactivated my sub last night. Gonna try to get back into this... Seems I had an 18WHM on Ragnarok.

I explored a bit, to see how populated it was.
Ended up trekking to Valkurm Dunes. From what I could tell, that place was completely barren... I never encountered a single player during my trek.

I tend to remember walking through Valkurm Dunes and seeing a bunch of parties everywhere; people looking for parties and all that.
Was it just the server I'm on?

And I noticed the price on Astral Rings has dropped pretty hard. Wasn't it something like 800k? Looks like they're 50k now. Damn...

Azuran

Banned
Congrats dude, it really is an amazing feeling :D!

Grats on the almace!

The Abyssea gear? Someone suggested I buy and NPC all that stuff for some quick cash. Almost sad I didn't take advantage of that right now.

Azuran, congrats on the sword. I'll hopefully be there some day.

Thanks guys. Yeah, I still can't believe I actually manage to complete one. I'm enjoying using Z's of Justice on random mobs way too much.

Shouta

I reactivated my sub last night. Gonna try to get back into this... Seems I had an 18WHM on Ragnarok.

I explored a bit, to see how populated it was.
Ended up trekking to Valkurm Dunes. From what I could tell, that place was completely barren... I never encountered a single player during my trek.

I tend to remember walking through Valkurm Dunes and seeing a bunch of parties everywhere; people looking for parties and all that.
Was it just the server I'm on?

And I noticed the price on Astral Rings has dropped pretty hard. Wasn't it something like 800k? Looks like they're 50k now. Damn...

Game is pretty different now. Dunes aren't going to be used for partying much anymore because of Grounds of Valor providing a much faster way of bringing yourself up quickly. I'd check out Gusgen Mines for around your level if you're looking to level.

B.K.

So much for farming Cruor to make gil.

- The prices when selling the following items to NPCs have changed:
Stamina Apple / Spore Bomb / Chocobo Taping / Chocobo Blnk / Shadow Roll / Chocobo Hood / Grauberg Greens / Sharug Greens / Azouph Greens

- The following items can no longer be sold to NPCs:
Perle Solerets / Aurore Gaiters / Teal Pigaches / Perle Salade / Aurore Beret / Teal Chapeau / Perle Moufles / Aurore Gloves / Teal Cuffs / Perle Hauberk / Aurore Doublet / Teal Saio / Perle Brayettes / Aurore Brais / Teal Slops

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Really screwed up of SE not to give any notice of that. It's been around for a few years, and they have never made any comments about it.

Shouta

Sounds like SE. Both PD and Embrava were pretty buff though, at least it's not totally destroyed but not going to be able to run with it 'cept in very strict conditions.

Sounds like SE. Both PD and Embrava were pretty buff though, at least it's not totally destroyed but not going to be able to run with it 'cept in very strict conditions.

It IS totally destroyed. That duration makes the current neo nyzul strategies impossible as well.

Shouta

It IS totally destroyed. That duration makes the current neo nyzul strategies impossible as well.

It's totally destroyed for Nyzul, yar but you can still use it for other stuff.

Oh wait, it's Regain to Refresh, lol. Now that's stupid.

If it was just a timer reduction, it'd be ok for certain situations like every other 2hr they put into the game but from MP instead of TP pretty much makes it useless.

B.K.

Really screwed up of SE not to give any notice of that. It's been around for a few years, and they have never made any comments about it.

The last time I was playing the game, I had over a million Cruor saved up that I always planned to use to make Gil. :\

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
lol, SE is just trolling the player base now.

Anyways, the PD change sounds good to me. People who actually know how to play SMN may actually get invited to endgame stuff where that's needed.

By halving the time it's usable? It's crap. Especially since they talk about capping at 600, and it's not possible to have a skill above 535.

Kandinsky

Haha i never turned cruor into gil, now i have over 8m cruor, i guess it's time to max some of them atmacites.

Embrava shit is just sad, just when our group got its first NNI win too haha!

D:

Shouta

I still don't have that damn ring.

Playing 14 right now though and lots of single-player games. SRW 2nd OGs is coming! School toooooo.

Shouta

Actually, I've had multiple pop sets and was sitting on them for quite a long time. =p Got the blue trigger solo brewing him last time but ran out of time and then he killed me. >=|

TheContact

I'm dumbfounded there's no free trial or anything to get into this game. I'd like to try it out but afraid I wouldn't like it.

Carlisle

That Amazon $5 FFXI Abyssea is pretty tempting. Anyone one know how that works on Steam/POL when you've already got the previous collection? Can you just add the Abyssea codes to POL and activate the new content IDs, or what? It's not listed as Steamworks.

Darryl

Banned
That Amazon $5 FFXI Abyssea is pretty tempting. Anyone one know how that works on Steam/POL when you've already got the previous collection? Can you just add the Abyssea codes to POL and activate the new content IDs, or what? It's not listed as Steamworks.

it'll give you one single code which can be used to activate all of those expansion packs on a new account (through POL) or you can add it to your existing account and it'll give you all the extra expansions you don't have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom