• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

duckroll

Wow. Really liked the ending. It was... different, and I can honestly say I did not expect it.

Anyway, what exactly is the function of the
Paradox Scope? I got that having it activated changes stuff, but it was kind of cryptic about it

Go back to key points in the story, and turn it on before you fight/try boss fights which were previously supposed to be "unwinnable". You'll unlock Paradox Endings that way.

Rodelina

Neo Member
The last few sequences in FFXIII-2 almost feel like an entirely different game in some ways imo.

The entire fight with Chaos Bahamut followed by Caius while standing on a floating airship flying over the night skyline of a city below seemed heavily inspired by some of the scenes of Versus they showed last year in the 6 minute trailer.

The cutscenes where Noel fights Caius are also significantly more detailed in motion and storyboarding compared to any other cutscene in the game. It's really odd because the motion actually felt exciting, which is more than I can say for most of the cutscenes throughout the game.

I found the final moments of the game quite operatic myself.

Westonian

Beat it for the first time. Had 113/160 fragments, and I think due to that, I felt way overpowered. Even the Proto-behemoths weren't much trouble. 5-starred the final boss and barely even had to heal or tortoise. Game was super easy compared to XIII.

I actually enjoyed the end right up until the
"To be continued..."
. I paid $60 for that? Grrrrr.

I think getting the platinum is going to be cake.

Nose Master

So ive got around 140 fragments, but ive got 2 places left to unlock - but ive got no Wild fragments left.

Im assuming I didnt something in the wrong order, because im almost sure I didn't miss anything.

Its probably easier to buy them anyway than trying to work out how I missed one =/

Good chance that one of them is in Oerba 300 by the big tree, or in the SW hallway in Academia 4XX.

Synless

I thought I could have platinumed this in 60 hours, but right now I'm at 112 fragments and at 43 hours. I doubt I'll have it done in 17 more hours. At the rate I'm going it will be closer to 70.

Yuripaw

Banned
Can you guys help me remember where the heck I should go next in this game? It's been a little over a week since I played it, and I already forgot where I was going next. I remember what I did last, I ...
in year 300af, and I helped Snow defeat the big blob tomato looking creature to help fix that paradox, where the giant dragon was sending blobs into the time warp. after we beat it, Snow in that time disappeared..I can't remember where I was going next. I know a few time lines opened up, like one under 300af just labeled ??? but it was a dead end. I still have 200AF open where Caius is waiting for me to do a boss fight. He kept kicking my ass, though, which is why I went to 300AF first. I'm still not sure I can take him cuz he was always regenerating health

Is that where I should go next?

laika09

Can you guys help me remember where the heck I should go next in this game? It's been a little over a week since I played it, and I already forgot where I was going next. I remember what I did last, I ...
in year 300af, and I helped Snow defeat the big blob tomato looking creature to help fix that paradox, where the giant dragon was sending blobs into the time warp. after we beat it, Snow in that time disappeared..I can't remember where I was going next. I know a few time lines opened up, like one under 300af just labeled ??? but it was a dead end. I still have 200AF open where Caius is waiting for me to do a boss fight. He kept kicking my ass, though, which is why I went to 300AF first. I'm still not sure I can take him cuz he was always regenerating health

Is that where I should go next?

Yeah.

IzzyF3

The ending gave me the chills. I recognize it's pretty controversial, but it has just about everything an ending should have.
You get the climatic fight with Caius and many questions answered before the end. Of course, it lacks a resolution and a ton of more questions are brought up before the eventually "to be continued," but unless you couldn't stand the world of FFXIII, the "to be continued" message should bring about excitement rather than annoyance. Sure, Square Enix could have titled the game FFXIII Episode 1 like the Half Life 2 episodes or movies like Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter, but that isn't fair to the game. The amount of content, story and otherwise, on the disc is entirely satisfying.

rataven

Wow. Just beat the game. Holy smokes was that a great final act; absolutely loved it.

I have sooo many questions though. Have to sleep on it, then move to the spoiler thread.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Woo, finished the bestiary to get the last fragment and wrapped up everything else! Took just under 50 hours. Not too bad compared to the only other JRPG I got all the achievements in, Tales of Vesperia...I think I was around 260 hours with all the crazy stuff that had you do.

The_Monk

I know I'm way too bad and horrible at playing RPG's but man, another RPG and I'm stuck on the Last Boss, again... I can go up to the third part of the boss and that's it.

I wanted to finish this... =/

K' Dash

After endless tries all weekend look who I finally got:

15632494e7d49bc918bf04ac7b977dcfd49ba8f8.jpg

1563252556a266ff75bdfbb222f8d14e177abaca.jpg

I have to say she's WAY overpowered, I'm mid game, so this should make it A LOT easier, lol.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Any pics of Lightning wearing cool adornments?

K' Dash

Any pics of Lightning wearing cool adornments?

I'd take some but I have to go to work, maybe burgerdog can upload some.

Some Potent Crystals and she is 700+ in power and magic, I already made a new set of paradigms and went to fight ochu and invincible, they didn't stand a chance
KuGsj.gif

I'm guessing I can get Omega too, right? that'd be overkill.

Nohar

... Meh. Still not worth my money. Plus, others RAV monsters will outclass her easily. No point in purchasing her, except for the rule of cool.

The ending gave me the chills. I recognize it's pretty controversial, but it has just about everything an ending should have.
You get the climatic fight with Caius and many questions answered before the end. Of course, it lacks a resolution and a ton of more questions are brought up before the eventually "to be continued," but unless you couldn't stand the world of FFXIII, the "to be continued" message should bring about excitement rather than annoyance. Sure, Square Enix could have titled the game FFXIII Episode 1 like the Half Life 2 episodes or movies like Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter, but that isn't fair to the game. The amount of content, story and otherwise, on the disc is entirely satisfying.

I'm actually going to have to agree with this ten-fold.
The ending actually made me genuinely interested in what's going to happen next. It was incredibly ballsy and very dark for a Final Fantasy ending, which totally took me by surprise. It's the first time I believe in the entire series that I have actually said okay, I need a continuation of this asap. Which again is surprising to me because for the most part I thought the story was just kind of lol-worthy, and I suppose it is-- but man, the way they ended it was actually really interesting to me

I just think it's crazy that I went from laughing at a lot of the plot and the ditsy cutscenes, to being like... whoa.

I thought I could have platinumed this in 60 hours, but right now I'm at 112 fragments and at 43 hours. I doubt I'll have it done in 17 more hours. At the rate I'm going it will be closer to 70.

Depending on which fragments you have, you could easily do it in 60. I literally went from 100 fragments to 160 in about three hours.

I ended up platinuming the game in 45 hours, and that was with leaving the PS3 on overnight to get the Serendipity fragment+trophy.

barrin87

I am currently sitting at 60 hours with 12 more fragments to go. I wander around quite a bit in RPG games though.

The game left with with a total WTF moment but I still loved it. I just need to finish getting the fragments to see the secret ending.

K' Dash

... Meh. Still not worth my money. Plus, others RAV monsters will outclass her easily. No point in purchasing her, except for the rule of cool.

really? I just spent a few potent crystals on her and now she's more powerful that Serah or Noel, and I have 4 roles maxed out on each one of them, besides she have a 6 ATB and has ATB recharge II AND you can infuse her.

That sounds pretty good to me for 3 bucks, of course you have to earn her, I spent all weekend between completing some areas/sidequests and doing the coliseum fight to get her crystal.

For example, this ARE NOT MINE, credit goes to furix from GameFAQS.

2012_02_12_00_20_20.jpg

2012_02_12_00_19_56.jpg

And that is just one of the builds you can make, you can of course make it more physical, or a complete ravager like this one, infusing monster passive abilities or roles :)

hertog

Well I'm at the final episode.

Is it worth it to collect all the fragments? Some are such busy work. And is this game this easy until the end? I never grinded and only had a bit of trouble in beating one or two bosses.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Sunglasses look cool.

Though if I buy the DLC and get Lightning, I'll make her wear the Lightning mask.

What's likely the earliest point that you could feasibly beat the Lightning battle? I'm still reasonably early in the game, just finished Aca
demia 400F
. If I'm going to pay extra to get her I want to get my money's worth.

burgerdog

Fuck! I just realized why I stopped getting Trapezohedrons after the first two kills(which were 2 for 2.) Do not use a durable collectors catalogue. I just took it off and my next 3 kills dropped Trapezohedrons again. Going to kill Long Gui now for an adamantite since all my kills were with a DCC equipped and it never dropped.

K' Dash

What's likely the earliest point that you could feasibly beat the Lightning battle? I'm still reasonably early in the game, just finished Aca
demia 400F

Well, I got her and I have 83 fragments, is just a matter of good strategy.

By this thread I did everything wrong leveling up both Serah and Noel (I made her a Com and him a Rav for starters), so if you've been following this thread or a guide, you shouldn't have much trouble.

rataven

Heh, my Lightning is rocking those pink glasses too (and so is Amodar).

demia 400F

If you have a good strategy and are quick with paradigm shifts, you can do it reasonably early. I had pretty mediocre monsters (Flanitor, Pulse Knight) and only two roles maxed on Noel and Serah, but took them down quite handily. Just be sure to have a monster SEN and MED, and then an extra COM or RAV for attacking, and you should be ok.

PK Gaming

Hehe, and a bunch of you guys were complaining about DLC before :O

But yeah, Lightning is grade A AWESOME. I made her this ultimate godlike killing machine and I don't think i've lost a game with her at her peak power. Giving her adornments is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

squall211

A couple questions:

I've seen some videos on youtube of people destroying
Raspatil
in about 2 minutes. How the heck is that possible?

Also, is there ever a reason to choose anything but the potent droplet/orb/essence/crystal/engine etc. when upgrading your monsters?

Wait, you can use the dlc characters for the whole game? or just the coliseum tournament or whatever it is? Also, did they say they were going to bring out FF characters from previous games?

burgerdog

A couple questions:

Raspatil

Also, is there ever a reason to choose anything but the potent droplet/orb/essence/crystal/engine etc. when upgrading your monsters?

Link?

K' Dash

Wait, you can use the dlc characters for the whole game? or just the coliseum tournament or whatever it is? Also, did they say they were going to bring out FF characters from previous games?

Yep, you can use Lightning and Omega(?) so far, they are going to milk my wallet if they put Squall and Rinoa, or Zidane and the Princess, Steiner would be cool too, and I'd fucking buy all the cast from FFVI.

Yep, you can use Lightning and Omega(?) so far, they are going to milk my wallet if they put Squall and Rinoa, or Zidane and the Princess, Steiner would be cool too, and I'd fucking buy all the cast from FFVI.

I've said it before but indeed, I'd go immediately for a battle versus a team of Steiner and Beatrix, both recruitable.

desu

Raspatil

Saw those back in december from some japanese people killing it in that time. Lots of atb extra speed items and a well developed kichu :D.

Top Bottom