• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

I bought it today, it's actually VERY awesome. I only played Poker and Chocobind for about an hour, but it's addictive. Sazh's jump animation is so cool, especially with the anti-grav fragment.

I also did all the puzzles (clock ones included) without a guide or app. Wasn't really that hard just a little bit of trial & error.

Anybody tried to tame all the monsters? Which ones are a bitch to get?

Also anybody thinked about NO monster (3rd party member) challenge? Rasptail would be pretty hard as well as Caius with Serah alone.

I bought it today, it's actually VERY awesome. I only played Poker and Chocobind for about an hour, but it's addictive. Sazh's jump animation is so cool, especially with the anti-grav fragment.

Pretty much. I've put more than 6 hours into playing both card games.

They are just too addictive and fun + a nice a break from fragment hunting.

The very last part of this game is so disappointing. For every huge improvement they made in this game from XIII they take a few steps back.

The whole platforming area served no real purpose at all...really thought it was such a let down to the end game.

Im up to the last bosses now but cant beat them. I can take out the 2 dragons then (over time and many respawns later) get the main dragon down to about 1/6th health then he one shotted me even though i had full health.

I sunk about 30 mins into that fight and i dont think i want to do it again. I also dont think i want to grind for 2-3 hours to build up my levels, esp since ME3 comes out this week and im defn going to be dedicating my time to that.

I loved the last level *shrugs*. Very Mario like.

I loved it for the first time through. Going there 2 times more for the Woodwraiths was... annoying to say the least.

There was nothing wrong with the last level.

The platforming worked well, in fact if you time your jumps properly you could even stay on many of the platforms even as they moved.

It was fun, refreshing & a good call out to Orphan's Cradle (with stuff in the background moving).

The only slight annoyance could be the encounter rate, but it's the last dungeon of the game so that's expected.

The other annoyance could be falling down & restarting at a checkpoint.....but if you fell down it's your own fault. I fell down only once.

Danj

Do the AI players in the poker game have "tells" at all? I notice they say various phrases, do these mean anything or are they just random? Also what does the state of Sazh's face at the bottom right mean?

There was nothing wrong with the last level.

The platforming worked well, in fact if you time your jumps properly you could even stay on many of the platforms even as they moved.

It was fun, refreshing & a good call out to Orphan's Cradle (with stuff in the background moving).

The only slight annoyance could be the encounter rate, but it's the last dungeon of the game so that's expected.

The other annoyance could be falling down & restarting at a checkpoint.....but if you fell down it's your own fault. I fell down only once.

It wasnt difficult - it was just very very bad level design. It completely ruined the pacing from the area before (I liked that level that was all dark then became sunny during the dream sequence).

The problem is, beyond small changes to the battle system, Final Fantasy has just not developed, innovated or evolved with the rest of the gaming world.

This game had some good moments but overall it just felt dated.

This is going for €30 on the Gamestop website, which is pretty tempting.

My only concern is the static party members. Will I be playing through the whole game with animations I saw within the first five hours?

Goli

This is going for €30 on the Gamestop website, which is pretty tempting.

My only concern is the static party members. Will I be playing through the whole game with animations I saw within the first five hours?

Er, well you're always getting new ablities and stuff so yes/no. There's always the monsters to keep things fresh though.

cj_iwakura

Having trouble with the last three Graviton Cores. :( They're all in regions I can't access(Yaschas 100, Oerba 400, Sunleth 400).

I know I need a Wild Artefact for one(which I lack), but what about the other two?
(Can I GET a Wild Artefact anywhere?)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The last level made me realize that I probably don't want a Final Fantasy platformer from Square Enix. If they wanted to make a level that showcased jumping and platforming, I would've preferred the level design to facilitate and make sense of the platforming as opposed to making it obvious that it's the gimmick of the final dungeon. I'd almost equate it to Dimps's fascination with boosters and springs in Sonic games.

Mystic Quest facilitates the jumping mechanic in that game well, for example. El Shaddai--even though the platforming was sub-par in that game--at least constructed its level design in a manner that made the jumping make sense as opposed to making it feel like a gimmick that just didn't work very well.

Additionally, the jumping animations bug me in that there just isn't any momentum communicated behind the force and height of either characters' jumps...

Having trouble with the last three Graviton Cores. :( They're all in regions I can't access(Yaschas 100, Oerba 400, Sunleth 400).

I know I need a Wild Artefact for one(which I lack), but what about the other two?
(Can I GET a Wild Artefact anywhere?)
Video for all Graviton Cores: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RfHOxhrBMVI

I'm trying to get 100% exploration on Augusta Tower 200AF and have been struggling to get the last 3%. How do I get there?

vK9Hu.jpg

I'm 10 hours in and completely lost, I've been running around every area thats unlocked for 2 hours now doing useless quests hoping that they would advance the story but no luck, wtf=\

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm 10 hours in and completely lost, I've been running around every area thats unlocked for 2 hours now doing useless quests hoping that they would advance the story but no luck, wtf=\
There are only two points in the game where you are forced to "explore". Where are you?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Siliconera is reporting that Typhoon (FFVI) could be coming next in the colosseum.

Toth

It won't come anywhere near FFX-2...It will do around half of it worldwide.

Sounds about right. It still is one of the highest (if not the highest) sellers this year and the best selling PS3 game in Japan in a long time. Still have not heard concrete WW sales though but I keep hearing the DLC are top sellers on PSN. The game is most definitely turning a profit though.

Sounds about right. It still is one of the highest (if not the highest) sellers this year and the best selling PS3 game in Japan in a long time. Still have not heard concrete WW sales though but I keep hearing the DLC are top sellers on PSN. The game is most definitely turning a profit though.

I wouldn't be surprised if XIII-2 ends up being more profitable than XIII once all the DLC sales etc is factored in.

one85x

Killed the huge flan and went to the coliseum for the free artifact. Can't remember the order since I took a week off.
I believe the artefact you get from the Coliseum opens up a gate in Sunleth. Try heading there and checking the map in the menu for quest markers.

Goli

I remember seeing a PSN ad on Gamasutra with the best selling DLC and the Lightning & Amodar icon was there. It really shocked me.

I have no doubt this game is turning a profit. I've played a little today and it's very obvious that it only had a fraction of the budget the first game had. The cg intro doesn't look nearly as detailed and polished as the fmvs in XIII, there's loads of dithering in the character models, facial animations look a lot stiffer, the enemies and many locations I've seen so far are mostly copy-pasted from the first game and so on.
Add the dlc to that and I'm sure they're making a profit.

I remember seeing a PSN ad on Gamasutra with the best selling DLC and the Lightning & Amodar icon was there. It really shocked me.

Just checked EU PSN.... Serah Bikini was the top selling item last week and guess what was 2nd........ Noel's Space guardian costume. (charts for the ps3 game add ons on PSN)

Lightning & Amodar were in 8th place for last week...it's been a few weeks since that DLC has been out so it's not doing too bad either.

It seems the DLC is selling well.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The game sold well. I mean, not as stellar as previous Final Fantasy titles which is worth noting. But the thing is, if it were any other game people wouldn't be as snarky about the sales.

... It sold okay. 40% of its predecessor isn't exactly good by FF standards.

Anybody else agrees with this YT comment?:

Noel and Caius may be the best/most overlooked hero and villain in the Final Fantasy universe. Noel's story as the last human from the future trying to save mankind is pretty awesome itself, and Caius IMO is second to Sephiroth simply because he isn't just some deranged asshole. Caius' story may be the most tragic in the game. An immortal guardian driven to madness, because he can never save Yeul and has to witness her death repeatedly, so he'd rather destroy the world than see her die again.

What's the general consensu on Caius/ Noel here?

Lightning

Banned
Question:

With monster infusion. If I infuse a monster with Strength +20% Can I later still get a higher strength boost without wasting another passive ability slot? I've heard I am only allowed 10 spots and only want 1 for my strength boost.

Top Bottom