• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 PC |OT| So you think you can ride this Chocobo!

Mohasus

ioqtbm8JnveD0.jpg

iJ1mMrMIpqQP9.jpg

ibdCi5LPDacbSM.jpg

ivJRlKlFrAmIZ.jpg

ibv66OTPxMcdfw.jpg

i1rqVSaq5Mlic.jpg

welp

Adaren

Was hoping for a more consistent frame rate since XIII-2 was less tailored to the PS3 architecture.

Oh well. : /

Anyone else getting audio buzzing?

EDIT: Looks like a number of people in the Community Hub are having the same issue.
EDIT X2: Apparently it's due to the port not supporting surround sound. Have to disable some speakers to fix the issue.

Maybe Square-Enix will have this port fixed by February? Fucking A.

Vaa

Neo Member
Yes, no voices during the first cinematic for me, seems to be a headset issue, as it works fine on my speakers. No audio buzzing though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Maybe they'll fix it just before Lightning Returns is released?

Man I dunno what to do. I have the special edition for PS3, but yet this seems like the definitive version.

Eh?
With the sound issue I'm having the game is unplayable.
That's hardly what I'd call definitive.

EDIT: Getting the same obnoxious buzzing with headphones on.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
:/ not sure what people were expecting after the half assed XIII port.

That was the last time I'll ever pre-order something from Square Enix

_woLf

Suddenly very glad I didn't preorder. Will wait for the big price drop I guess...

I really don't know why they're not able to fix the game not taking full advantage of graphics cards. It doesn't make any sense.

Teknoman

Eh?
With the sound issue I'm having the game is unplayable.
That's hardly what I'd call definitive.

EDIT: Getting the same obnoxious buzzing with headphones on.

Didnt see the thing about the sound issue before posting (just had it lingering on the OP, and saw 1080p and 60fps).

Didnt see the thing about the sound issue before posting (just had it lingering on the OP, and saw 1080p and 60fps).

Nobody is getting 1080p and 60 fps either (I'm certainly not).

Okay when the camera pans to a clear sky or something I get 60 fps. So okay Square-enix you're right, you delivered a port that has 1080p and 60 fps (at very specific moments).

Congrats?

The sound is blowing my mind. Day-1 FFXIII PC didn't have this problem. WTF

Teknoman

Nobody is getting 1080p and 60 fps either (I'm certainly not).

Okay when the camera pans to a clear sky or something I get 60 fps. So okay Square-enix you're right, you delivered a port that has 1080p and 60 fps (at very specific moments).

Congrats?

The sound is blowing my mind. Day-1 FFXIII PC didn't have this problem. WTF

Guess i'll just wait and keep an eye on this thread in that case.

EDIT: About the game itself and OST, I still wish that XIII-2 was the premise and soundtrack were what they used for the first game. Or at least a combination of the elements from the two games.

Apparently fixing the sound requires removing your sound card's drivers.
Sorry but no, I'm not fucking with that.

I've played thousands of games on the PC, from AAA releases to indies to emulators.
NEVER had an issue with sound, or at least a constant buzzing noise.

This is unacceptable.

EDIT: Okay I got it.
PC -> Control Panel -> Sound settings -> Stereo -> Configure -> Switch from 7.1 to Stereo

Buzzing is gone.

Vaa

Neo Member
For those having audio issues, try uninstalling realtek or other audio drivers, then reboot computer. Works for me. The game seems to like only Windows default audio drivers.

mcmmaster

Just did the opening and a few battles with Noel & Serah, and this shit pretty much sticks to 30 fluctuating now and then between 15-30, both in and out of battles.

For comparison XIII is mostly on 60 for me, fluctuating between 40-60 occasionally, both in and out of battles.

How did they manage to fuck up the framerate even more?

Still downloading but I see there are a lot of issues as expected.

I was just reminded of one thing I've always found hilarious which is (not really spoiler)
Serah's clothes changing because of a time paradox just to shoehorn a sailor moon type transformation into the game. Because it would be completely unreasonable to be wearing different clothes 2 years later.

TheTux

Oh and by the way isn't this game supposed to have Steam Trading Cards? I can't find them on the Steam community market.

Still downloading but I see there are a lot of issues as expected.

I was just reminded of one thing I've always found hilarious which is (not really spoiler)
Serah's clothes changing because of a time paradox just to shoehorn a sailor moon type transformation into the game. Because it would be completely unreasonable to be wearing different clothes 2 years later.

Shit, Fang and Vanille have been wearing the same clothes for close to 1500 years with no explanation given. It really is hilarious that they justified Serah's change of outfit with a paradox.

Adaren

They needed that scene because
no one would willingly dress in Serah's default outfit.

cafemomo

Just finished Bodhum, and wow what Ubisoft studio did Square outsource this thing to.
Crystal Tools does not work well on PC
i give this a serah/10

Valus

This thread reminds me that I still need to play the 3rd installment of this trilogy...I platinumed both XIII and XIII-2 on the PS3.

Just did the opening and a few battles with Noel & Serah, and this shit pretty much sticks to 30 fluctuating now and then between 15-30, both in and out of battles.

For comparison XIII is mostly on 60 for me, fluctuating between 40-60 occasionally, both in and out of battles.

How did they manage to fuck up the framerate even more?

There must be something rotten in the engine itself because FF13-2 on PS3 had also big framerate problems. FF13-3 as well. Seems like a no effort port to me, bah.

bigzgod

Does steam refund games like this?

They technically do but it'll be a huge hassle to do it since they will try to dissuade you and convince you they don't refund games.

Generally, however, their policy is allowing one refund per account for any reason at all, though like most Valve CS requests, you'll need to wait 3 weeks before you get a non-canned response. If you're ok with using that one refund on XIII-2, they'll give it to you.

I'm starting to enjoy FFXIII threads. I wonder if this one will eventually become mostly a screenshot thread.

Anyway, fluctuating between 20-50 is how I play almost every game on my laptop, so I don't care, but seriously, just lock at 30 if the engine fucks up at 60 (or give the option to lock, that way you don't have to change marketing).

Top Bottom