• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoe

Wow, 5-starring the early missions is tougher than I thought. They die so easily that the time target is exceedingly low.

Pooya

Braz the Mad said:
I'm sure this has been discussed but you know, tldnt. I didnt' like the fact that while there were some touuuuuuuugh fights later in the game, there was never one where you won and you were like HOLY CRAP I AM WINRAR and then there was some kind of closure or anything. Like, in 7, the weapons plagued you through a large part of the game. But in XIII it was just like oh wow look TWO of those hard things I fought earlier, or oh ok so it casts ultima now also. Great. Basically, I wish there was more of a sense of accomplishment and closure with beating the tough endgame baddies.
some of the missions are really satisfying to beat. I really liked 62,64,51 and 55.
some of the boss fights in story were pretty good too.
Zoe said:
Wow, 5-starring the early missions is tougher than I thought. They die so easily that the time target is exceedingly low.
I had the same problem.
equip the gold watch, use low level weapons and use shroud before the fight and don't waste time for buff/debuffi. starting with COM/COM/RAV should take care of the packs in one ATB bar.

Lightning

Banned
How do you get the mission 63 to become active? The one in
Sulyya Springs. The reward should be Genji Gloves, which I want so I can 5 star Orphan, get Lightning's theme an be finished with this game

Pooya

Lightning said:
How do you get the mission 63 to become active? The one in
Sulyya Springs. The reward should be Genji Gloves, which I want so I can 5 star Orphan, get Lightning's theme an be finished with this game
you really don't need Genji glove for doing that.
Mission 51 gives you a Genji glove as well.
for unlocking mission 63 you need to unlock Faultwarrens, where Titan is located.

Lightning

Banned
miladesn said:
you really don't need Genji glove for doing that.
Mission 51 gives you a Genji glove as well.
for unlocking mission 63 you need to unlock Faultwarrens, where Titan is located.
How do you do that? Get to Faultwarrens, that is. Normally I would figure it out for myself but I really want this over with.

Pooya

Lightning said:
How do you do that? Get to Faultwarrens, that is. Normally I would figure it out for myself but I really want this over with.
you need to complete Mission 34 to unlock that area.
34.jpg

see this map
you need a chocobo to access this area.

Himuro said:
So what's more interesting about 13's marks when in FF10 you teleport to different areas in the world to recruit monsters for your monster arena and go on to fight hard as balls fights, which helps unlocks unique items?

FF10 is far more rewarding.

This is not interesting is not an argument. Back up why you like something and why you dislike something.
So you grind and grind, killing endless monsters (kinda like CP grinding...) to unlock/be able to defeat optional fights (like XIII's missions... ) which help unlock unique items?

This is, of course, all stuff I know. I've played X fairly in-depth.

You're asking me to back up why X's endless grinding and slow-as-molasses battle systemmake it uninteresting like how you backed up your dislike of FFIX by saying it was nothing more than Muppets talking to each other? You're asking ME to back myself up when your arguments are nothing more than soundbytes carefully perused and plucked from various points of the Internet, much of which has been said before and better?

Cep

Banned
Magnus said:
I have FFXII: International sitting right here, and not enough knowledge of Japanese to know wtf is going on in it. :(

Gotta play our version again to refamiliarize myself with it.

Fuck that.

Get HDloader and patch that shit.

You will never look back.

Himuro said:
I would have made a bigger response, but I have been on a computer pretty much all day editing a video for a client.

Your tears are the only thing keeping me going!

:lol

Pooya

Gamer @ Heart said:
So Mission 63 is in the underground lake, correct?

Where do i accept mission 64?
yes, Cieth stone of Mission 64 is located in
Oerba, near where you fought the boss

burgerdog

Firestorm said:
Why can't I see the target for Mission 4? I go down the log thing and then the market disappears. There's nobody around me ._.

Keep going down the one way path after you go down the log.

Firestorm

burgerdog said:
Keep going down the one way path after you go down the log.
Ah yeah. I went all the way up ahead and found Mission #5 and started backtracking. Should have looked at the map. The star is showing up now.

cosmicblizzard said:
What the hell happened here last night :lol
EUROgaf :D

Fimbulvetr said:
This is less about the datalog talking about the world and more about the having to read the datalog for major plot points.
You don't have to read the datalog for major plot points. The chapters section is just a summarisation of what happens in the cutscenes. The rest is background information and enemy intel.

Himuro said:
So what's more interesting about 13's marks when in FF10 you teleport to different areas in the world to recruit monsters for your monster arena and go on to fight hard as balls fights, which helps unlocks unique items?

FF10 is far more rewarding.
I don't get it. You ask Zephyr to explain why FFXIII is more interesting then FFX. Yet, after arguing XIII's 64 missions are basically the same as FFX's monster arena (it isn't), your conclusion is that ... FFX is far more rewarding?

FFXIII offers enough post-ending content to fill an extra 50 hours. This includes maxing characters, making ultimate weapons, acquiring unique equipment, extra areas and bosses, chocobo treasure digging. Plus it gives you a nice platinum trophy for doing all that.
So I return the ball. In what aspect was FFX far more rewarding?

Styles

firehawk12 said:
This fucking game. After farming Plats forever, now I have to farm Dark Matter. God damn, how do people do this shit? :lol

Those Shaolong Gui drop them like crazy, though they can sometimes be a bitch to defeat.

Cep

Banned
M°°nblade said:
FFXIII offers enough post-ending content to fill an extra 50 hours. This includes maxing characters, making ultimate weapons, acquiring unique equipment, extra areas and bosses, chocobo treasure digging. Plus it gives you a nice platinum trophy for doing all that.
So I return the ball. In what aspect was FFX far more rewarding?

I really hate FFX and like 13 a hell a lot more, but even I can answer this: FFX had a lot more meaningful content.

The end of FF13 is one VERY long grind, where the only thing you can do is kill stuff, and then kill more stuff.

All in one area.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Vect said:
Those Shaolong Gui drop them like crazy, though they can sometimes be a bitch to defeat.

Yeah. I'm still afraid to spawn them because I'm not sure how many plats I need... and going back to the turtle on Eden is just a bit of a pain.

It looks like I'll have to bite the bullet though. You need 6 adamantite and 5 dark matter to upgrade all the weapons. The 6 adamantite requires 1.3 mil already, so it's like I have to play for that expenditure as well.

God, this game is making me into an actuary or something. :lol

Yazus

Finished the game last night. End Boss was crazy.
I tried first with no -30% Death accessories and I got pwnt at the end.
Then I upgraded my weapons like crazy (everyone had their weapons maxed out at star rank, not at the 3rd stadium tho, need 2ml gil for that :lol ) and I pwn him badly. Second stadium of the last boss was fucking easy, just one stagger :lol !

Now I'm doing marks, this game sucked me in but I don't know for how long it will last... I'm not willing to farm Gils/Trapezio/Dark Matters. I'll just do marks until the game starts getting hard then I'll probably put it away. Lately I have been interested in Resonance of Fate. Maybe I'll end up picking that :D

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My turn to ask a question I guess. :lol

Do the Adamanchield turn into Shao Long Gui and the Adamantoise turn into the Long Gui?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
firehawk12 said:
She has FF7 fingers.
lol @ FFVII having fingers at all!

On topic: confirmed. I'm starting this game today again :D

Styles

Yoshichan said:
lol @ FFVII having fingers at all!

On topic: confirmed. I'm starting this game today again :D

I did too about a week ago while I was still busy getting the platinum, but going at a slower pace.

firehawk12 said:
My turn to ask a question I guess. :lol

Do the Adamanchield turn into Shao Long Gui and the Adamantortoise turn into the Long Gui?

Fixed and yep. :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dedication Through Light said:
He really only played it for 5 hours? lol?
Wait, I thought everyone who played this game did that and then wrote a review in an instant :O?

lljride

Finally got platinum last night, ~96 hours :D

Last few trophies were kind of a bitch for me. I left Superstar and L'Cie Paragon for the end. I didn't have too much trouble 5* most of the missions, but mission 64 gave me all kinds of problems. Had to use about 3 different strategies before I found one that worked for me, and even then I had to use that strategy a couple of times to knock seconds off here and there.

Overall I fucking love this game. Only real minor complaints are with some of the post game bullshit like farming for ingots, but even that wasn't too bad. I can definitely see myself playing this again sometime soon, but for now bring on Resonance of Fate!

Yoshichan

lljride said:

Last few trophies were kind of a bitch for me. I left Superstar and L'Cie Paragon for the end. I didn't have too much trouble 5* most of the missions, but mission 64 gave me all kinds of problems. Had to use about 3 different strategies before I found one that worked for me, and even then I had to use that strategy a couple of times to knock seconds off here and there.

Overall I fucking love this game. Only real minor complaints are with some of the post game bullshit like farming for ingots, but even that wasn't too bad. I can definitely see myself playing this again sometime soon, but for now bring on Resonance of Fate!
You speak for me son! Even the whole "bring on Resonance of Fate" is accurate for me (I bought it, stupid 2 weeks delivery!).

Did Mission 64 yesterday, what an intense fight. I nearly fucked up at the end and forgot to switch to Tortoise Paradigm when he did his mega-attack, but fortunately one member survived with 50hp, I never used Summon so fast :D

lljride said:

This. I got tired of the grinding, though, and decided to try to finish The Last Remnant instead. I'll most likely go back to ol' grind at some point, and yeah - I could see myself playing FFXIII again. It has its issues, but I still had a lot of fun with it.

orion434

lljride said:

Getting 5-star on Mission 64 all depends on if your de-buffs stick on not... totally random and so annoying.

Chapter 11 end-boss:
Okay. So I just got his health past half way and he cast Doom on me? WTF. How am I supposed to beat him in such a short amount of time?

I have the game paused, awaiting GAF's advice.

Llyranor

CruxisMana said:
Chapter 11 end-boss:
Okay. So I just got his health past half way and he cast Doom on me? WTF. How am I supposed to beat him in such a short amount of time?

I have the game paused, awaiting GAF's advice.
Cast a summon, cancels doom.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Status: Still at Chapter 5 after two weeks or so. I can't bring myself to beat this. Can anyone give me a tip of anything... "AWESOME"... that's coming up so i get inspired again? =P

Llyranor

CruxisMana said:
Ah. But will he cast it again?
He only did it to me once.
Apparently he also casts it on some other players in ch9 as well, but not to me, so maybe it's a bit random

Llyranor said:
He only did it to me once.
Apparently he always casts it on some other players in ch9 as well, but not to me, so maybe it's a bit random

He cast on me in Chapter 9, but I managed to beat him anyways.

Might as well just see what I can do.

spidye

Relix said:
Status: Still at Chapter 5 after two weeks or so. I can't bring myself to beat this. Can anyone give me a tip of anything... "AWESOME"... that's coming up so i get inspired again? =P
I thought it's getting better and better with each chapter until chapter 10 which was actually pretty bad. then it gets awesome again at chapter 11.
actually the game starts at chapter 11. at least for me. really love the place and music. so relaxing.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Relix said:
Game opens up at chapter 11... so if you can make it there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom