• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

TheTux

Received an email from SE saying patch is coming 11th Dec (yes I know they also announced it on Steam few hours ago).

I hope this doesn't mean the framerate will still be an issue after the patch, which would mean they released the patch on the same day as XIII-2 so that they could sell more copies of XIII-2.

Honestly, I have faith in them (some SE's PR also said on their blog that as far as he understood, the patch will not only add options but also fix bugs/framerate issues), the above is just the worst case scenario.

So... one week to go.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Square sending out the hype mails!

FFNJIm5.png

Received an email from SE saying patch is coming 11th Dec (yes I know they also announced it on Steam few hours ago).

I hope this doesn't mean the framerate will still be an issue after the patch, which would mean they released the patch on the same day as XIII-2 so that they could sell more copies of XIII-2.

Honestly, I have faith in them (some SE's PR also said on their blog that as far as he understood, the patch will not only add options but also fix bugs/framerate issues), the above is just the worst case scenario.

So... one week to go.

What I hope for is framerate fix, framerate lock, options for 540p and tweak msaa. (Low end gaming here -.-) I need to upgrade

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's beautiful ;_;

iZR8Dtcux26vx.jpg

Yoshichan

My favorite RPG of last gen (not counting Demon's), one more week!!

Christ I still need to finish the first game. I only got 10 hours in the game and stopped for some reason. I know for fact I won't be able to finish it in a week.

i thought XIII-2 was coming out the same day the patch drops for XIII? may have been dreaming it.

also "...and more" for the graphics option makes me think there's not much to it lol.

While I was running around on Pulse, I remembered how to extend Sazh's life in the party:

X, SYN, SYN (Sazh and Hope) rapid buffing

Sadly, once shit got serious he had to go.

Just started today, about 3 hours in, at the point where
Serah turns into a crystal thing
. Curious choices about the battle system, since you can't control other party members, and you don't gain exp or gil from it.

There's just something about Vanille I don't like. She reminds me of Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter.

Just started today, about 3 hours in, at the point where
Serah turns into a crystal thing
. Curious choices about the battle system, since you can't control other party members, and you don't gain exp or gil from it.

There's just something about Vanille I don't like. She reminds me of Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter.

Yes you do. CP is EXP.

jose1

I tested FFXIII on my new i5 4690k and gtx 970 OC rig yesterday. Got 60fps at 720p, didn't have to mess with any gpu settings.

Then I ran it at 4k, 2x msaa, 4x shadows downsampled to 1080p using gedosato. Perfect 60fps when running around the map. battles are mostly at 60, but drop to 30 for about a second if transparency effects are everywhere, then jump right back up. Pretty happy with it, runs great without turning off the HUD. If it didn't drop, it would be even better, but I'm satisfied overall with how it runs.

It looks stunning. The downsampled pics in this thread look great, but seeing that in motion at 60fps is something else. WOW!

Can't wait to play XIII-2 at 60fps, the framerate was horrible on console.

TheTux

Xiii-2 is three days away. Is that OT being made? Where are the GMG keys gonna come?

Not only XIII-2, XIII's patch will also come out in 3 days.
The OT is being made.
The GMG keys will probably be sent out few hours before the game's release, the same happened with XIII.

Durante

I just completed FF13. I got it at launch on PS3, got to chapter 11, suffered from a case of completionism and never touched it again. These days I'm more sane about the completionist bit, and of course the graphical splendor on PC helps in keeping going.

I'm still very divided in my opinion of the game. What works in its favour is that the battle system is very interesting, and some of the characters are pretty good. And of course that it's really really beautiful to look at.

However, the pacing is completely out of whack, the character progression system is simplistic, and the total lack of things to do other than fight battles and order/upgrade stuff in an "online shop" hurts it a lot. And the fact that it has Snow in it.

However, the pacing is completely out of whack,

Consider the first 20 hours a tutorial.

the character progression system is simplistic,

It's streamlined so play sessions are efficient.

and the total lack of things to do other than fight battles and order/upgrade stuff in an "online shop" hurts it a lot.

Trying to emulate the fantastic Grandia series.

And the fact that it has Snow in it.

I got nothing.

Durante

It's not so much about those "tutorial" hours -- I actually don't mind large parts of those. For a while, you make progress rather quickly through interesting and beautiful locales, and the forced party switches (though I dislike the principle of it) at least serve to mix up the gameplay a bit as well.

But then the game throws long stretches of utter boredom at you, the worst offender by far being the entirety of Chapter 10. Holy crap that was bad.

Falk

that puzzling face
guys there's only 2 more days to ffxiii-2 on steam i can't wait so that i can finally be undecided whether i should cave in and buy on steam since i'll inadvertantly end up going for cheevos yet again and i don't have time someone send help

!!!

guys there's only 2 more days to ffxiii-2 on steam i can't wait so that i can finally be undecided whether i should cave in and buy on steam since i'll inadvertantly end up going for cheevos yet again and i don't have time someone send help

!!!

isn't that the day the patch come out?

Durante

!!!
Well, I'm really curious if they fixed whatever streaming/framepacing issue causes the sporadic stutters in FF13. And waht exactly their "graphics options" support entails.

The fact that they aren't providing pre-release reviewing keys for FF13-2 isn't exactly boosting my confidence.

Snow is arguably the nicest guy in the entire XIII universe. I wish I was Snow.
He's an idiot, and incredibly annoying. Sometimes I think they specifically designed him to show off just how stupid the whole shounen hero mindset is, but I'm probably giving SE too much credit.

Hikami

!!!
Completely forgot about this coming out so soon. Already had bought it on steam a while ago so I'm good to go.
Finished XIII but still not done with Valkyria Chronicles. Need to hurry up and finish that before XIII-2 is out or it'll end up in the backlog..

TheTux

!!!
Buy it, you know you want it :p. Or wait for the first 50% off sale.

Snow is arguably the nicest guy in the entire XIII universe. I wish I was Snow.
LOL

isn't that the day the patch come out?
It is, can't wait to be able to play both games with 30+ FPS.

Teletraan1

Banned
I keep seeing this thread pop up and think it is the patch. I don't have the game installed currently and I doubt I am going to continue to play this unless the frame pacing issue is sorted out. Definitely not buying XIII-2 if it has similar issues or they don't fix the XIII issues. Never got to play XIII-2 as I ditched my PS3 before it came out.

TheTux

I keep seeing this thread pop up and think it is the patch. I don't have the game installed currently and I doubt I am going to continue to play this unless the frame pacing issue is sorted out. Definitely not buying XIII-2 if it has similar issues or they don't fix the XIII issues. Never got to play XIII-2 as I ditched my PS3 before it came out.

Well, less than 48 hours and we all will see if the patch will also fix the framerate or not.

Some Squeenix's PR said on their blog that as far as he understood the patch should fix everything.

Caffeine

Well, less than 48 hours and we all will see if the patch will also fix the framerate or not.

Some Squeenix's PR said on their blog that as far as he understood the patch should fix everything.

hopefully 13-2 has all these issues fixed for launch as well

TheTux

hopefully 13-2 has all these issues fixed for launch as well
It should be fixed by launch, yes. They have learned from their mistakes I think.

Not sure if this was mentioned somewhere else, but you can pre-load now.

iJtSGziS2occ4.jpg

17.8GB download.
Thanks for letting us know. When I posted it wasn't possible to preload.

Remember that if you preload ~28GB now you'll need ~28GB to extract the files at launch.

iosefe

It should be fixed by launch, yes. They have learned from their mistakes I think.

Thanks for letting us know. When I posted it wasn't possible to preload.

Remember that if you preload ~28GB now you'll need ~28GB to extract the files at launch.

it's only downloading 17.8, so yay

Top Bottom