• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

thematic

KwlFC1e.png

ehehehhee eehehe

dear Lord, dat speed!!!

seriously, that speed is like a dream for me

Danlord

Downloading to my external USB 3.0 HDD, I didn't realise you could install to 2 different locations, so that'll do for now; let's hope the streaming won't be an issue as this is the only alternative until I get my a big HDD.

5MB/s will still take just less than 3 hours too.

Gojeran

GMG never sends out keys before the game is released, at least that has always been my experience with them. It sucks but oh well, I'll download it tomorrow while I'm at work.

Raitningz

What does it actually say the size is when you start downloading?

It doesn't make sense that subtitles would take up all that space. So either they didn't update the size for the asian version description, OR dual audio for english version only?

Yep guys, I can confirm my game size is only 30GB. Anyone who's not in Asia is getting 19GB of something, most likely audio and JP cutscenes

thematic

Yep guys, I can confirm my game size is only 30GB. Anyone who's not in Asia is getting 19GB of something, most likely audio.

i'm hoping someone will find a way to modify Asian version to include whatever others get. if it's 19GB, I guess they really include both Voice tracks

or maybe Square will release DLC for free in Asia

I won't be playing until the weekend, that's for sure D=

Yep guys, I can confirm my game size is only 30GB. Anyone who's not in Asia is getting 19GB of something, most likely audio and JP cutscenes

Once you finish downloading tell us what options you have there, and someone tell us what options we have here (options graphic-wise, language-wise, etc.)

TheTrain

Of course not, my game is 9 GB smaller than the PS3 version lol

Well that could be possible too.

However, if you ripped the CGI from the PS3 disc you would see that everything except the opening cinematic is in 720p.

How big it is the install size in Asia? Because 30GB is the download size, isn't it?

Zalusithix

Or it could just mean that they are using a modern video codec on a modern pc.

Given that H.264 is part of the spec for Blurays and the PS3 can play them, I'd have to wonder what they heck they were doing if the game wasn't using H.264 for the movies in the PS3 version.

Edit: Though the audio could have been uncompressed for the PS3 version for all I know if they had space to spare on the disc. If so, they'd be stupid to not compress it for an online distributed version. Such a difference would account for some sizing discrepancy.

thematic

Or it could just mean that they are using a modern video codec on a modern pc.

other than H.265, no other codec is more efficient than H.264
and PS3 version using H.264

hopefully they re-encode using lower bitrate H.264 but not as bad as X360 Bink videos

GMG
please
GMG
pleaseeeeeee

kudoboi

waiting for dat GMG key... any day now...

you know what would be worse? GMG giving me the ROW key instead of the Asia key which i bought

Beren

Time remaining: 6 days and 10 hours D:

My god lol, well i started replaying FFX PS2 for 1235127935175 time still as fun as always and will help me wait :)

Zafir

wait
they could do that??

I thought the one decide which region is Steam itself?

Well not in terms of cd keys. You'll have keys for the asian version and keys for the english version. It's the retailers job to give the right version to the right costumers.

thematic

Well not in terms of cd keys. You'll have keys for the asian version and keys for the english version. It's the retailers job to give the right version to the right costumers.

how will GMG know which version I get?
they didn't ask for address, and I didn't pay using CC (I'm using PayPal). and I'm using different email for GMG and Steam :|

sorry, this is my first purchase outside Steam store

Just started preloading. Two and a half hours for it to download.

Damn this game is a big download. Hopefully we get some decent setting changes!

Parsnip

other than H.265, no other codec is more efficient than H.264
and PS3 version using H.264

hopefully they re-encode using lower bitrate H.264 but not as bad as X360 Bink videos

GMG
please
GMG
pleaseeeeeee

Unless I'm completely misremembering, they used some really dumb settings on the PS3 version, basically bruteforcing the quality because they had the space to spare. If they are smarter about it this time around, they could very well reduce the size while keeping the quality indistinguishable from the PS3 version.

We can hope at least.
I'm always optimistic until reality sets in.

Zafir

how will GMG know which version I get?
they didn't ask for address, and I didn't pay using CC (I'm using PayPal). and I'm using different email for GMG and Steam :|

sorry, this is my first purchase outside Steam store

GMG usually do it through IP address. It sometimes says on your order details what version, but not always.

Relaxed? Read up a little bit...

I'm in Asia and my game download file is only 30 GB, 19GB short of what everyone else is getting.

I think you guys stand a very, very good chance with dual audio.

It's strange, I see this on the store page:

Aviso:
Este título se encuentra disponible en los siguientes idiomas:
Audio: inglés (English)
Textos: inglés, francés, italiano, alemán y español

I don't think that was there before, so just wondering...otherwise I'm not too worried, because it's one of the things that will probably will get a mod.

Top Bottom