• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

golem09

Neo Member
Changing the language to japanese will just make the whole game japanes though, including the text, right?
So either they'll let us choose ingame, or it still has to be modded.

like a lot of us, probably was hyped, then majorly let down.
The hype was real :(
The struggle was real :(
First, it was love at first sight
Then, came the betrayal
After a while, it came back for forgiveness
Kagari gave it a chance, but to no avail
And then, there was only darkness

Hahaha, I see XD

It's okay Kagari, now you'll play with us, and you will enjoy this more than any Final Fantasy before.

Peff

Neat! Doing that will set the entire game to Japanese, but changing the text back should be fairly trivial. I'd imagine it'll be done in a couple of hours after release at worst.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hahaha, I see XD

It's okay Kagari, now you'll play with us, and you will enjoy this more than any Final Fantasy before.
Eventually, when you've spent enough time here on GAF, you'll hear the stories of many people! Some guy for example did some crazy shit for Dark Souls when it was released, and then the same dude did something even crazier for Diablo 3.

People are crazy on this forum!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Neat! Doing that will set the entire game to Japanese, but changing the text back should be fairly trivial. I'd imagine it'll be done in a couple of hours after release at worst.

Maybe they'll just give the option in the settings like The Last Remnant.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
Welp, here we go.

U11ZaW1.png

k1QhsY4.gif

LVlu9tS.gif

Nevadatan

Eventually, when you've spent enough time here on GAF, you'll hear the stories of many people! Some guy for example did some crazy shit for Dark Souls when it was released, and then the same dude did something even crazier for Diablo 3.

elaborate please, im new here.

Yeah, I'm kinda used to it, I tend to do some crazy stuff as well, but I was never really let down before.

Maybe I'll become like Kagari once FFXV is out
(I hope not)

timshundo

The hype was real :(
The struggle was real :(

Kagari I think you had a chance to enjoy Lightning Returns but you seemed committed to hate it from it's conception. Which, of course, I don't blame you, but when you spend $60 on these kinds of things, I feel like the best thing you can do is to set your expectations low enough to get some kind of enjoyment out of it. LR obviously needed twice the budget and a few more months in the oven, it's not hard to see. But when you're dedicated to a franchise like FF and you know you're gonna give them your money no matter what, and you know the game is gonna be half-baked, why waste the energy on the negatives? Just make the best of the positives!

Reading this post in Vanilles voice is recommended

YES YES YES YES!

Still going with English :p

Haha I'm either/or with this game (especially because I love My Hands) but I'm just happy that this sets a precedent for all their future games/ports, and the option should always be there with Japanese games.
This also makes me more excited for the quality of the port, ahhhh

Changing the language to japanese will just make the whole game japanes though, including the text, right?

Yeah, which is cool for me, but hopefully they'll let people have subs or modding helps out.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Kagari I think you had a chance to enjoy Lightning Returns but you seemed committed to hate it from it's conception. Which, of course, I don't blame you, but when you spend $60 on these kinds of things, I feel like the best thing you can do is to set your expectations low enough to get some kind of enjoyment out of it. LR obviously needed twice the budget and a few more months in the oven, it's not hard to see. But when you're dedicated to a franchise like FF and you know you're gonna give them your money no matter what, and you know the game is gonna be half-baked, why waste the energy on the negatives? Just make the best of the positives!

I tried it enjoy it but it just didn't happen. My fiance also played and only could play for about 2 hours before he gave up lol.

MayMay

Banned
So can someone with the Asian version doublecheck and look if its saying "English" in theirs? If its not, then its definite confirmation that the extra 20-30GB are for the JP Stuff in our version.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

Lightning Returns had positives? How do you make the best of something that doesn't exist?

UnrealEck

That list of languages is more likely just in-game text going by the list of languages there. Japanese audio is probably an in-game setting and it might only be with the Asian region version.
Then again sometimes people don't always do what makes sense to others. (referring to the dev choice)

Japanese voices have me hyped. I stopped playing the PS3 version at Gran Pulse, which incidentally was the best part of the game and this is the only FF game I haven't played through to total completion. Time to rectify that.

MayMay

Banned
That list of languages is more likely just in-game text going by the list of languages there. Japanese audio is probably an in-game setting and it might only be with the Asian region version.
Then again sometimes people don't always do what makes sense to others.

Yeah, but why is the Asian Version only half as big? I think its safe to say at this point that the moment the requirements on the store page changed from 30GB to 60GB was the moment SE caved in and let us have both languages here lol

HeelPower

WHAT IF : SE decided to swap the low poly models/assets with pre-rendered ones ?? HENCE THE FILE INCREASE LOLOLOLO

Is it really just that they added Japanese voices and cutscenes ? Still a very nice addition.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I REALLY don't want to leave you guys but I need to head to bed :(... Sorry ya'll! Good night!!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
WHAT IF : SE decided to swap the low poly models/assets with pre-rendered ones ?? HENCE THE FILE INCREASE LOLOLOLO

Is it really just that they added Japanese voices and cutscenes ? Still a very nice addition.

Well that would be nice but that is a fantasy dream right there. The gameplay models had a lot left to be desired imo.

Durante

Looks like it really might support dual audio, that would be fantastic. Was prepared to wait for a unofficial patch.

ff13downloadj5pkk.png

Not too bad :p

Danlord

My peak download speed hit 7.3MB/s for a while after hovering around 6.5MB/s+ but unfortunately has dropped to around ~3.5MB/s now for some reason.

Can't they do that with mods? Or are the CG stuff just videos and they can't get the models from it?

I REALLY don't want to leave you guys but I need to head to bed :(... Sorry ya'll! Good night!!

See ya Yoshi \o, g'night.

UnrealEck

Yeah, but why is the Asian Version only half as big? I think its safe to say at this point that the moment the requirements on the store page changed from 30GB to 60GB was the moment SE caved in and let us have both languages here lol
Didn't know that.
It would be nice for those that want the Japanese voices but that extra chunk of data is pretty substantial. It would be ideal for it to be an optional download on the side.
As much as Vanille's Aussie voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard, I'd still play with English audio because I can't understand a lick of Japanese beyond 'hello' and 'domo arigato, mr robato'

Danlord

Mine hasn't dropped below 6.9. Try switching download servers.

I...can...do that? How?

Edit: I found out, and changed the server but there's only 2 in the UK and the second one (Manchester) wasn't anywhere near as fast; never went above 1MB/s so sticking to the London based one.

TheTux

Changing the language should make you download the japanese version of the game, which has japanese voices and also english text.

Some guy has a folder with 100GB of images and videos of Lightning lol. Some other guy just gifted a copy of FFXIII to Kagari.
And I totally like both of them

HeelPower

Can't they do that with mods? Or are the CG stuff just videos and they can't get the models from it?

I think(?) they're just videos ? Not sure that can happen if SE don't do it themselves.

Well that would be nice but that is a fantasy dream right there. The gameplay models had a lot left to be desired imo.

Yeah I think that's unlikely but would be very nice.But,if they want to, SE can easily patch that without much effort right ? They have the assets and everything.

Top Bottom