• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

kick51

Banned
Interesting how even the people who didn't like the game still completed it 100%.

I beat it once on each console and don't even like it that much. Once on 360, then when I got a PS3, I thought I'd check out how much better it looks and ended up getting sucked in to it. I guess it's the battle system. I do dig that. I didn't 100% though, the post-game grind sounds nuts.

now I'm buying the PC version to see how much better it looks and might get sucked in again.

Grief.exe

I beat it once on each console and don't even like it that much. Once on 360, then when I got a PS3, I thought I'd check out how much better it looks and ended up getting sucked in to it. I guess it's the battle system. I do dig that. I didn't 100% though, the post-game grind sounds nuts.

The Final Fantasy achievements on Steam have been soul crushing so far, this release will probably be no different.

No, I don't, it's fine. I made those threads on GameFAQs, lol. There's more where that came from, but these few I could find..

Eh, no need for drama or anything, I was just curious lol

Seems like you and this guy would get along well. :3

(I want to preface this is a joke. Apparently I need to do that now.)

Raitningz

Seems like you and this guy would get along well. :3

(I want to preface this is a joke. Apparently I need to do that now.)

Haha, I saw it on your twitter. It's totally cool. I'm perfectly fine with people trashing XIII. I like it, that's what matters. I was thoroughly entertained by Spoony's FFXIII review.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Haha, I saw it on your twitter. It's totally cool. I'm perfectly fine with people trashing XIII. I like it, that's what matters. I was thoroughly entertained by Spoony's FFXIII review.

But I find your vendetta against XIII slightly foolish, nothing personal.

Don't start.

ibdj8ih56NQQ7l.gif
lightningknuwf.gif

now I'm buying the PC version to see how much better it looks and might get sucked in again.

Yup, if I get sucked in a game, it can be bad or good, but I'll enjoy it. That's what I'm hoping from this game.

Maybe it's just the atmosphere of the game coupled with good gameplay.

heiyu

But I find your vendetta against XIII slightly foolish, nothing personal.

It had a long period of development and a huge hype, however good the game could be it would never meet the expectations. That alone creates hate for the game and for the company. Every final fantasy you see changes and evolution in the game's vision, having a main title that had little exploration until later in the game it didnt bother me at all... Biggest shock i had was final fantasy x in ps2 not having world map, still enjoyed it

Raitningz

It had a long period of development and a huge hype, however good the game could be it would never meet the expectations. That alone creates hate for the game and for the company. Every final fantasy you see changes and evolution in the game's vision, having a main title that had little exploration until later in the game it didnt bother me at all... Biggest shock i had was final fantasy x in ps2 not having world map, still enjoyed it

Sure, it definitely wasn't the best and it was very flawed. I understand that complaints/rational hate are a good thing because it shows the fans still care - that's why they're making noise.

Forget I said anything tho, I don't wanna start anything...

Taruranto

I should probably use this occasion to finish...this (with Gaf support, I can do it!) No way I'm ever finishing this on console, my PS3 has always new games I'm interested in.

Problem is, I'm replaying Torment right now, image going from Planescape to... this.

Thoraxes

I've been looking to replay this recently and was really happy when they announced this.

Can't wait to go back and play this awesome game!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I should probably use this occasion to finish...this (with Gaf support, I can do it!) No way I'm ever finishing this on console, my PS3 has always new games I'm interested in.

Problem is, I'm replaying Torment right now, image going from Planescape to... this.

Updated my datalog.

frostshade

Neo Member
OT needs a Durante mention.

Please have better graphics than the PS3 version.

Excellent OT in terms of explaining the mechanics of the game.

Skilletor

I'm actually looking forward to digging in to the battle system. I bypassed Gran Pulse pretty early on, so when I get there now, I'm going to take my time and enjoy it.

I've always maintained XIII was a decent game. Good PC only peeps can pick it up cheap - I imagine it will look incredible as the PS3 version was pretty already.

Love the ATB system, especially during some of the later C'eith stone missions. The music was probably my favourite OST of last gen. Art direction was at times stunning.
The game has a load of flaws but it was still a solid entry IMO. The two sequels however... Yeah feel free to skip those.

The_Monk

Great OT made by a great GAFfer, a lot of effort in the OT so I hope people take their time to read it. Can't wait to play this game and enjoy the soundtrack which has always been a great thing on these games (listening right now!).

Thanks for the Tips & Tricks part, I'm sure it's going to be very useful. :)

Sentenza

I wonder how PC gamers will react to this game.
I guess most people will have their expectation set low at this point. The reputation of the game on consoles is well known.
Still, I'm expecting a lot of bitching for problems not strictly tied to the game itself, like "poor mouse & keyboard options" and silly stuff like that.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Already preordered. And hoping someone finds out that it's possible to activate the JP voice cast.

Nice OP.

Top Bottom