• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

after replaying FF13 I actually appreciate it a lot more for both its story and gameplay.

it has a lot of shortcomings but at least they tried to innovate and it's still one of the top RPGs of the ps3 era.

5GpXSON.png

This should be an XIII staple on Gaf.Subsequent LR and XIII-2 threads should have it too.
Lightning never smiles does she!

~Kinggi~

Banned
I am still too concerned about the quality of the port to preorder. 15 bucks is hella cheap. Either square is wising up and making a play or this is a cheap ass port and has no settings beyond resolution.

iosefe

I am still too concerned about the quality of the port to preorder. 15 bucks is hella cheap. Either square is wising up and making a play or this is a cheap ass port and has no settings beyond resolution.

even if it isn't 1080p, it's still $10.80

Grief.exe

I wish I could be able to play this with you guys. I have such limited time on top of an already packed release cycle.

I have had the game on pre-order since it went up on the store, but I probably won't be able to get to it until December.

I wish I could be able to play this with you guys. I have such limited time on top of an already packed release cycle.

I have had the game on pre-order since it went up on the store, but I probably won't be able to get to it until December.
Isn't december that XIII-2 is coming out?

Depending on your timing you can beat XIII and start XIII-2 with us \o (also, I'm pretty sure there will be people playing XIII by december).

Well, i guess im just hoping this isnt Dark Souls quality levels of suck. Where we need Durante to fix it.
I don't think it'll be that bad, Square ports are decent, they don't do much, but they're not broken either.

~Kinggi~

Banned

Depending on your timing you can beat XIII and start XIII-2 with us \o (also, I'm pretty sure there will be people playing XIII by december).

I don't think it'll be that bad, Square ports are decent, they don't do much, but they're not broken either.

yeah im probably gonna buy it. Along with the other 2. They are releasing a trilogy so it wouldnt benefit them to make this one suck.

13-2 isn't that long as well. I actually beat that one. Never beat 13.

Yasae

Banned
Eh, if they were really smart they would've removed the paradigm shift animation that pops up occasionally (read: far too often).

But nah. There's a sequel for that.

Thoraxes

Eh, if they were really smart they would've removed the paradigm shift animation that pops up occasionally (read: far too often).

But nah. There's a sequel for that.
I put my faith in the PC community to make things right, no matter what the situation.

Any word on if this will have an option for Japanese VO?
If no one else does before me, I could totally do something like this when I get there.

I'm pretty sure that only Asia/Japan Steam will get both, I think we get English only.

That being said, I suppose that is one of the mods we could expect if they don't support it.
Nope, us Asians just get the Japanese VO. I'm probably the only one here but am a little disappointed that I will not be able to hear Vanille's Australian accent :p

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

That's exactly what it will be. Its unpossible for Crystal tools to be useful for something like PC specific features, and framerate doesn't even matter in this game to start with, especially considering the prerendered cutscenes are fixed at 30 to start.

I even doubt resolution will matter as all the cut scenes are fixed at a certain resolution anyway, they will just get blocky and pixelated if you try and go beyond 1080p.

That being said, i'd stil say 13-1 was a decent game, even if i also consider it a dismal failure for what i expect for the FF franchise at large. It has a great soundtrack, pretty ok graphics(for a multiplat 2009 game), and a satisfying battle system. Its also pretty long too, so you get a 60+ hour decent game for about 15 bucks. It may be expensive compared to the 5 bucks you can get the PS3 version for, but its still worth it if you've never played and only have a PC.

13-2 and 13-3 are what i would not consider paying any price for. I don't care how awesomely badass the vocal soundtrack of FF13-2 is, its still a bad game, and LR is even worse IMO.

I paid $10.80 just to see if this game would be any more enjoyable in 1080p. Did I just do something retarded?

Guess time will tell whether this is a semi-competent port.

HeelPower

Really? That is a very low bar. Personally, I think FFXV is at least a far more ambitious project than FFXIII.

FFXIII was a very ambitious project with incredible scale ,but they couldn't fully realize their vision for many reasons that are well known at this point..

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Glad to see that chaos was not brought into this thread while I was gone :)! It can only get better from here!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Nice! I added it to the second-post-OP!

Xanathus

Ugh I'm gutted on whether to get the game from GMG because it's cheaper but it'll be the English voice version or to get the Asian version with Japanese voices from Steam. On the plus side for the Steam version I have credits to spend and I've already played the game with English voices so I'd like to play it with the Japanese voices.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
AYO SQUARE

WHERE THE PC OPTION PREVIEWS @

GOT ME SCURRED reasonably concerned as a consumer and disappointed at your lack of coverage of this modern mainline Final Fantasy series making its way from console to PC and not having coverage in any form.

dhlt25

Ugh I'm gutted on whether to get the game from GMG because it's cheaper but it'll be the English voice version or to get the Asian version with Japanese voices from Steam. On the plus side for the Steam version I have credits to spend and I've already played the game with English voices so I'd like to play it with the Japanese voices.

How do you obtain the asian version? can you access from the US steam store? I'd like to play this in japanese as well since I already beat the game in english.

Yoshichan

Yoshi, you broke my heart :( No special thanks for all the FF XIII defense ...

/cry
I swear to God, you were one of the names I started typing down on the notepad as I was creating the thread... dunno how you ended up not being in the list! I'm going to add you when I get home, my apologizes!

mrmickfran

So, I just started playing this for the first time on the PS3, and I actually like it so far. When does it start getting bad? >_>

Edit: I just finished the end boss of Ch. 5. Fuck that element-changing piece of shit.

Lain

I already know I'm gonna love replaying this game on PC, just as I know I'll hate every instance in which the character's hands will be on display.
My biggest Hope for this PC version is that a mod will be made to take out Leona from the game. If someone also manages to insert Crazy Chocobo in the game I'll be in heaven.

So, I just started playing this for the first time on the PS3, and I actually like it so far. When does it start getting bad? >_>

Edit: I just finished the end boss of Ch. 5. Fuck that element-changing piece of shit.

It only gets better from where your are, the battle system gets more and more interesting as the shackles are slowly unleashed and you are given more and more options.

I’ve been playing Final Fantasy Since high school. Loved FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX (VIII and X ties for the best in series so far). FFXII was ok, can’t say the same bout j-pop X-2.

I’ve completed Final Fantasy XIII few years ago on 360. When I think about that very, very long corridor run, dumb – non sympathetic characters, stupid dialogs and very badly told story that can’t seem to find its rhythm - all I can say – Lighting should be forgotten. Sooner the better.

Top Bottom