• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

aravuus

To whoever cheated himself the stage 10 crystarium right away: how exactly did you do it? I've been using cheat engine for this kind of stuff, scanning for a value, waiting for it to change, re-scanning etc. But the crystarium stage stays at 1 for quite a while so my way doesn't really work here.

thematic

Very time consuming and tedious and not 100% perfect but at least an improvement:
PC vanilla:
PS3:
PC fixed:

I don't know if there is a more elegant or efficient method or if you can somehow use different formats for the game since by default it expects to play bink videos.
What I did was re-compressed the original PS3 files with bink with significantly higher bitrate. Like brute forcing quality with a bad codec.
I have only tested this so far with the intro cinematic and it works ingame. But the intro is in a single file while some of the bigger files are achieves for several videos in one. Not sure it works there.
And the cinematics on the PS3 are 720p as well. There's nothing you can do without the originals. Only SquareEnix could.

sadly most people won't believe it just 720p FMV on PS3
GameFAQs, NeoGAF, Steam discussion everyone like "where's the proof?"

as for the videos, not bad :)
but maybe not worth the time for me

playing this on 1080p or higher makes the FMV looks bad (even the 1080p one)

artsi

To whoever cheated himself the stage 10 crystarium right away: how exactly did you do it? I've been using cheat engine for this kind of stuff, scanning for a value, waiting for it to change, re-scanning etc. But the crystarium stage stays at 1 for quite a while so my way doesn't really work here.

It's a bit tricky since Crystarium doesn't change a lot and one digit values are very common.

What I did:

1) Started chapter 2, saved the game, search for value 1 and filter the same value many times during the chapter to make the result set smaller
2) Chapter 3, save the game and filter for value 2, again many times so randomly changing values are thrown out
3) Jump between chapter 2 and chapter 3 saves and filter between 1 and 2

Finally I managed to filter the set to around 70 results, then I changed all of them one by one to find the Crystarium level.

If you have more chapters open it should be easier, since you can filter between more values.

I also limited my search between addresses 10000000 and 20000000, since all the gameplay values were between those.

thuway

I don't understand why Square Enix just doesn't take the original files and recode them using H.265 and insert them into the game.

vientown

Neo Member
Is anyone else being irrationally capped at 30fps in and out of battles regardless of resolution? Are there any fixes for this? :(

aravuus

It's a bit tricky since Crystarium doesn't change a lot and one digit values are very common.

What I did:

1) Started chapter 2, saved the game, search for value 1 and filter the same value many times during the chapter to make the result set smaller
2) Chapter 3, save the game and filter for value 2, again many times so randomly changing values are thrown out

Finally I managed to filter the set to around 70 results, then I changed all of them one by one to find the Crystarium level.

If you have more chapters open it should be easier, since you can filter between more values.

I also limited my search between addresses 10000000 and 20000000, since all the gameplay values were between those.

Figured as much, thanks!

Oneironaut

Neo Member
I just got to Chapter 10. The chapter 9 boss was fucking hard. I'm now all jittery. I havent't experienced after-boss jitters in years.

xBladeM6x

I just got to Chapter 10. The chapter 9 boss was fucking hard. I'm now all jittery. I havent't experienced after-boss jitters in years.

Dude, finally someone feels the way I did. I came within milliseconds of fucking up that boss, after fighting him for like 20 minutes. I think that's the highest my blood pressure has ever been.

What I did:

what memory program are you using and can I use it on Dark Souls 2

Zexen

I'm speaking from this position that while I enjoy most of it, I think they should just give her a break. I will want to see her again, but hopefully not this generation.

eh, just to be sure, I clarify that it's my opinion that I don't think they should go with a PS4 remaster and I probably stepped over the line labeling you insane, so I apologize for my attitude perfo

What the...

You are for sure a huge fan! It's fun to see how the reactions can go from one extreme to the other with Lightning. Personally I really do not like the character, just like Cloud actually.

But eh, tastes and colors... :p

Skilletor

lol. My controller just stops working when I try to use this save point.

Fucking terrible. Not using GeDeSaTo or anything. It's happened 4 times.

Unai

So, what is the final word on stuttering on nvidia?

- I have a controller pluged in;
- Forcing triple buffering through drivers;
- Using GeDoSaTo;

I have an i7@3.5 and a Titan. The only way to get rid of the stuttering is capping the framerate at 30 or there is something better that I can do?

8K downsampled to 1920x1080

ffxiiiimg2014-10-1116zdrbg.jpg

vientown

Neo Member
I'm speaking from this position that while I enjoy most of it, I think they should just give her a break. I will want to see her again, but hopefully not this generation.

eh, just to be sure, I clarify that it's my opinion that I don't think they should go with a PS4 remaster and I probably stepped over the line labeling you insane, so I apologize for my attitude perfo

WAHHHHHH ; - ;

you are so adorable! i love your little shirt!
it's so cute that you love lightning so much and you've collected all of this stuff, she's like a little muse for you.

Sectus

There seems to be higher quality models in the game (I assume they are models used for certain cutscenes), but I'm unable to replace the ingame models with those. I'm curious where they are even normally used as I haven't seen a cutscene yet which isn't using ingame models or isn't pre-rendered.

artsi

what memory program are you using and can I use it on Dark Souls 2

I'm using ArtMoney. Probably works with DS2, but I don't do or support cheating with any games that have online features (and anti-cheat measures will detect these primitive methods easily anyway).

Skilletor

Game stops reading my controller whenever I interact with a save or after cutscenes. I have to alt+tab out of the game to get it to start reading again, but it'll happen just seconds later.

wtf is wrong with this port?

legacyzero

Banned
So many peaks and valleys in the drama. One moment, I'm kinda liking the story. The next, I wanna punch Snow and Hope in the face.

Robert7lee

Neo Member
I'm trying to use GeDoSaTo to increase resolution to 1080 however the text becomes blurry, is this normal?

Also where's the controller rumble / vibration?

Robert7lee

Neo Member
I'm playing at 4K, and it's barely blurry. So no.

So can you let me know what I'm doing wrong please, text is clear without the plugin.

In gedosato settings, I select ffxiiiimg profile

Clearrenderresolution 1920x1080@60
Renderresolution 1920x1080@60

Left everything else alone.

So can you let me know what I'm doing wrong please, text is clear without the plugin.

In gedosato settings, I select ffxiiiimg profile

Clearrenderresolution 1920x1080@60
Renderresolution 1920x1080@60

Left everything else alone.

clearRenderResolutions shouldn't have anything next to it. It should be on its own line. Get rid of that 1920x1080@60 next to it.

Nevadatan

so i just checked Durante's blog and see that GeDoSaTo was updated and added AA config.
so i can turn off the force AA on Catalyst on my AMD?

Bittercup

as for the videos, not bad :)
but maybe not worth the time for me

playing this on 1080p or higher makes the FMV looks bad (even the 1080p one)
I was just looking around so see what I can do. I bought the game for my brother for his birthday and feel bad with how the port is :/ Not sure I can fix the rest of the videos anyway.

1080p videos would have certainly been nice, but I think the PS3 originals still look very good and are a huge improvement over what we got.

Robert7lee

Neo Member
clearRenderResolutions shouldn't have anything next to it. It should be on its own line. Get rid of that 1920x1080@60 next to it.

Ok I just left it as

RenderResolution 1920x1080@60

It is in 1080 resolution I'm not sure why the text isn't clear. Looks like the higher res the better the text looks, but at 1080 it looks bad to me.

Playing with titan paired with i7 4770k, would wish the frame rate would stay stable.

iosefe

Ok I just left it as

It is in 1080 resolution I'm not sure why the text isn't clear. Looks like the higher res the better it looks.

Playing with titan paired with i7 4770k, would wish the frame rate would stay stable.
also the better the frame rate. your titan is asleep

(still a hilarious concept)

Ok I just left it as

It is in 1080 resolution I'm not sure why the text isn't clear. Looks like the higher res the better the text looks, but at 1080 it looks bad to me.

Well the text doesn't scale with resolution, which is why we need a high res font texture replacement! If the rest of the game looks good I wouldn't sweat it. Probably normal. A screenshot would help say for sure though.

Nevadatan

i.. really have to read the Datalog because im not getting what the hell is going on. i see people running from soldiers but thats about it.

My 360 controller is freaking out on this game. There is no deadzone whatsoever so even the slightest little poke at the left stick has my character running all over the place.

Anyone having that issue?

2San

My 360 controller is freaking out on this game. There is no deadzone whatsoever so even the slightest little poke at the left stick has my character running all over the place.

Anyone having that issue?
My problem is that the right isn't sensitive at all, it takes ages to spin the camera. No issue's with the left stick though.

I'm guessing the PS360 version didn't have a sensitivity slider either?

Robert7lee

Neo Member
Well the text doesn't scale with resolution, which is why we need a high res font texture replacement! If the rest of the game looks good I wouldn't sweat it. Probably normal. A screenshot would help say for sure though.

Screenshots don't do it justice, it looks worse than this

ibccuNouiteKI3.jpg

ie2Fo2pkilEsn.jpg

Grief.exe

So how does the pausing commands work in battle? For example you can command an attack to go off at a certain time.

In my first Eidolon battle right now and need to time my guards.

EDIT: Figured it out, press B to conserve ATB levels.

Top Bottom