• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuraine

Neo Member
Hey guys, good news: The new login screen for the actual game client is now an Internet Explorer window. So if we can't login to their account system, we can't login to the game either! :lol

Gonna go have dinner and wait for the hordes to die down.

careksims

WarMacheen said:
why not just send everyone a code that registered, fuck this.

Yes! Why couldn't they do this!? Just send mass e-mails to all those who registered for open-beta!? Not this stupid shit where everyone has to go to one site and hope to be lucky!

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
carlo6529 said:
Codes won't run out right? Should be fine if I wait till morning?

Who knows? They say it's an open beta but if so, why are they handing out codes? This whole thing is just so poorly run.

Haint

WarMacheen said:
why not just send everyone a code that registered, fuck this.

This is clearly an intentional stress test, but all their servers will still going to crash and burn on launch day so it's largely useless.

desa

carlo6529 said:
Codes won't run out right? Should be fine if I wait till morning?

Don't think so, but there is a cap to how many can be logged in at a time and i guess they'll increase it whenever they feel like it.

Kandinsky

Users who have already been accepted as beta testers or who have already registered a beta test registration code on the Square Enix Account Management System do not need to apply for the open beta test. Open beta test registration codes and information on how to register them will be sent shortly.

Meh good night:lol

DrDogg

I've reached the login screen a few times now, but I can't continue from there without a time out. Such an epic fail...

Bento

hgplayer1 said:
you guys sound surprised?
Not surprised simply disappointed. You'd think that they would have some super plan up their ass since they didn't allow us to fetch our codes in advance but of course they don't so now we sit like idiots staring into a goddamn Server Error message at 4.30 AM.

Jinko

Kintaro said:
Don't be upset guys. This is Square just being Square and doing what they do best.

I expect they are all sat at their PC's thinking "hmm we should have given out codes before hand"... or not as the case may be.

CAW

Should I keep trying or should I just wait until tomorrow? You guys thing this will be down for awhile?

Jinko

So I tried to log into the actual client and guess what Time out !! LOL what were they thinking making it web based.

CAW

5 minutes ago:

FINAL FANTASY XIV
A tidal wave of Version Update details has struck the Beta Test Site, leaving its pages drowning in exciting new info. Don’t miss it!

Whoever controls their Twitter account obviously has no idea what's going on. :lol

Chris R

Conceited said:
I find the fact that they waited until NOW to tell CB testers that they don't have to sign up hilarious.
At least the communicated that fact at all. A step above some of their previous efforts.

Forbiden

Am I the only one getting this BS?

weird.jpg

ithorien

CAW said:
5 minutes ago:

FINAL FANTASY XIV
A tidal wave of Version Update details has struck the Beta Test Site, leaving its pages drowning in exciting new info. Don’t miss it!

Whoever controls their Twitter account obviously has no idea what's going on. :lol

That means everyone should come in and refresh just for shits and giggles right.

Londa

Banned
Conceited said:
I find the fact that they waited until NOW to tell CB testers that they don't have to sign up hilarious.

WTF? really???? ok, this is so odd how they just now telling us this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom