• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einherjar

I hit apply for open beta then it takes me to login page, then i hit login and it times out :(

Is there a way I can login prior to hitting apply?

TheFatOne

Forbiden said:
Am I the only one getting this BS?

weird.jpg

Nope I'm also getting it

Kuraine

Neo Member
Oh awesome, I managed to get my code entered and registered to my account. I'm golden now for whenever the login page decides to work for the actual game client.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
got into the account management system for a sec

tried to do this

"2. Register the registration code.
Click "Select Service" from "Services and Options" on the left menu. Select "FINAL FANTASY XIV" from the services available and then "Add a service account." Enter the registration code you've been issued and proceed to the end of registration.'

but it wants me to enter my name, address. is that right?

fahr

I got through the country verify process, accepted the license agreement and then was sent to my account managent page... um... what now? No code that I could see. Will it be sent to my e-mail? It's been 10 minutes and no new email... ARGH!

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Well I finally got my code. I don't know if this will help anyone, but I seemed to have a lot more success with Chrome than I did with Firefox or IE.

falastini

Ugh, we gotta vote on servers again?

Let's just go with the first nomination "Figaro". If Emperor is gone we roll Figaro, any objections?

interesting
character customization... think Mass Effect.

patch stuff
[Event-related]

- The new city-states Gridania and Ul'dah and their surrounding areas have been added.

- New quests have been added.

- Guildleves have been added and changed in the following ways:
Users can now accept guildleves at the Adventurers' Guilds in Gridania and Ul'dah.
The NPCs issuing guildleves in each city-state are as follows:
Regional Guildleves: Piralnaut (Limsa Lominsa), Gontrant (Gridania), Totonawa (Ul'dah)
Local Guildleves: T'mokkri (Limsa Lominsa), Tierney (Gridania), Eustace (Ul'dah)
New regional guildleves have been added.
New local guildleves have been added.
Failed levequests may be reattempted immediately upon renewal of the guildleve list.

[Battle-related]

- New monster varieties have been added.

- Monster placement has undergone several adjustments.

- The overall battle balance has been adjusted.

- Formula for skill point and experience point allocation has been revamped.

[Item-related]
- New pieces of equipment have been added.

- Various new items have been added.

- The goods stocked by vendor NPCs have been adjusted.

- The prices for items sold by NPCs at each shop have been changed.
Due to this change, the amount of gil players acquire has been increased.

- The following additions have been made to the synthesis system:
New recipes have been added.

- The gathering and synthesis-related term "Ability" has been changed to "Godsend".

[System-related]

- Gridania and Ul'dah have been added to the selectable starting cities on the character creation screen.

- Players can now save data for characters they've created to their hard drive and apply the data later to the creation of a new character.

- Players will now need to wait at least ten minutes before being able to restore HP and MP again at an aetheryte crystal.

- Social Lists has been added to the main menu.
 Players can add or delete characters to and from their friend list and blacklist.

- Support Desk has been added to the main menu.
 In this section, players can look over frequently asked questions or speak with Game Masters regarding in-game trouble.

- Examine has been added to the Interactions menu.
Targeting another player character and selecting Examine will display that player character's equipment.

- Various ways of expressing emotions and desires have been added.
Enemy signs have been added.
 While in a party, players can express their various desires regarding monsters in the field.
Ally signs have been added.
 While in a party, players can express various desires to other members of the party.
The emote "lounge" has been added.
 Also, the interaction "sit" has been added, which allows players to sit on nearby chairs, benches, etc.

- New text commands have been added.

- New categories and phrases have been added to the dictionary.

- A screenshot feature has been added.
Players can take pictures of the game screen by pushing Print Screen while holding down Scroll Lock on the keyboard.

- Keyboard Settings has been added under Configuration.

- Players can now change the display settings for each of their linkshells from Log Display Settings under Configuration.

* The Official FINAL FANTASY XIV Players' Site has been launched in conjunction with the start of the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test.
Please click here for details.

Teknoman

Forbiden said:
Well this sucks. The client won't get out of that dumb "Cannot display the webpage", ugh. So much hype for nothing.

Everyones probably blasting the servers all at once, just keep trying every 10 minutes or so I guess.

At least you dont have to patch it right?

hgplayer1

Im done spamming the sites for a while and I have my doubts about getting info on how to register since I was already in the beta. I think they just made that shit up to lessen the load for a while :lol

Decay24

Neo Member
Figaro works for me. I don't really care, just want to settle on a server name.

I want to settle on something here so Sal and I can tell our respective friends where we are playing and where they will play too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom