• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Londa

Banned
Jinko said:
See they fixed the Nvidia problems but not the ATI Ones, thanks a bunch SE, server selection is in at least.

Default works great you may want to swap the circle (action) and cross (cancel) button over though in the configs.

Made me laugh.

Komoto: We want players to focus on how they engage a monster. In FFXI, you would just kill one after the other, but now there are party vs. party battles which demand players focus on tactics and strategy. This is just something I found funny, but there are monsters that will stare in your direction. So, you might think "What are you lookin' at?" and smack them only to find out they're ridiculously strong. (laughs) Even in regular battles you will find yourself in wrapped up in all sorts of situations. I think that's something people will really enjoy.

I really like this type of interaction with mobs. I think mobs will play even bigger roles than in XI because someone found a job called Shepard in the dats. Let's hope that XIV will have mob to mob interactions just like XIII had. I would love to see wolf mobs attacking sheep mobs and then a player with a Shepard job coming in to save the sheep herd. Then later a Shepard herds the sheep to a Clothcrafter who then cuts off wool from the sheep. lol nothing wrong with a little Harvest Moon in the game...

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Ok

--- Added: 07/15/2010 ---

- We have updated the game such that the log messages for the following items will no longer be visible to other players:
・ Changing between active and passive modes
・ Beginning a Battle Regimen
・ Engaging an enemy
* Messages conveying that an enemy has been engaged will be visible to party members.

- Amount of crystals needed for synthesis has been reduced.

- World selection is now available upon character creation.

- Priority of the character display has been adjusted.

- Parts of server processing has been improved.

All meet in Shadowlord? :)

Khrno

So how many characters can be created for the beta? Just one?

Because a friend is going to let me play when she can't and I would like to try a character from the ground up.

Khrno

Jinko said:

Cool, I'll jump into Shadowlord as well tonight then. She will probably be playing all day since she just got the invite this week, so gotta wait for the late shift.

Teknoman

Gromph said:
Ok

All meet in Shadowlord? :)

Awesome. Wish they fixed the ATI problem...then again maybe it'll be better once I log in. It's not my turn for the evening shift though, so i'll only be on the 7am-5pm (the first test) test period.

Londa said:
Komoto: We want players to focus on how they engage a monster. In FFXI, you would just kill one after the other, but now there are party vs. party battles which demand players focus on tactics and strategy. This is just something I found funny, but there are monsters that will stare in your direction. So, you might think "What are you lookin' at?" and smack them only to find out they're ridiculously strong. (laughs) Even in regular battles you will find yourself in wrapped up in all sorts of situations. I think that's something people will really enjoy.

I really like this type of interaction with mobs. I think mobs will play even bigger roles than in XI because someone found a job called Shepard in the dats. Let's hope that XIV will have mob to mob interactions just like XIII had. I would love to see wolf mobs attacking sheep mobs and then a player with a Shepard job coming in to save the sheep herd. Then later a Shepard herds the sheep to a Clothcrafter who then cuts off wool from the sheep. lol nothing wrong with a little Harvest Moon in the game...

Yeah it was pretty cool when I was doing a guildleve with 2 other people during the last test. It felt more like an online version of a normal FF fight where you would take on multiple enemies at once.

Teknoman

I think every server has a queue at this point, especially since everyone knows they only have a certain amount of time to test.

EDIT: I think i'll work on getting mining up before I try blacksmith.

D2010.07.14.2001 is the new patch, its small but I can't seem to get past the first few seconds of the download. my second try got it up to 67% and now the download has dropped off to 0up and 0down with 25 remote and 5 local. i guess it wouldnt hurt restarting it for a fourth time.

Zomba13

I keep getting error 13001 when trying to make my character. I get to the name part and it drops, apart from one time when it went through almost to the end then stopped and said it lost connection :(
I also see the 'ghost' of my last character in the creation screen. The character that last never made it. It's really quite creepy o.o

EDIT: Almost got there that time. Right at the end I even had a loading screen then 13001 again :(

EDIT2: OMG! I hear boat noises!

desa

Teknoman said:
I think every server has a queue at this point, especially since everyone knows they only have a certain amount of time to test.

EDIT: I think i'll work on getting mining up before I try blacksmith.

Yeah I had to sell off my gloves at the start so I can buy a pick axe. I started off as a blacksmith on my character on shadowlord. Can't make shit if you don't have shit :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
maxcer0081 said:
D2010.07.14.2001 is the new patch, its small but I can't seem to get past the first few seconds of the download. my second try got it up to 67% and now the download has dropped off to 0up and 0down with 25 remote and 5 local. i guess it wouldnt hurt restarting it for a fourth time.
Hazaro said:
It's 15MB. If you've updated and installed the 7.12 patch you are ok.

07.15 patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?wzmiwngjzwvnt5j
There

Trevelyon

Zomba13 said:
I also see the 'ghost' of my last character in the creation screen. The character that last never made it. It's really quite creepy o.o

Yeah, this is what I'm seeing, despite apparently saving it last time around I can't access my last creation. I've gotta start over again (third time now)

I finally made it in, but I only had time to play for five minutes. ;_;

Is there a reason for why I can't accept any more guildleves? I've completed eight and the guy in the bar refuses to let me have the last two botanist quests.

Salaadin

does the 7.15 patch get put in the same folder as the other one?

EDIT: Thanks maxcer. I guess I should downloaded it first and looked at the read me file lol

dazzgc

Banned
sigh haven't been able to play this game at all servers are too busy.. not to mention it took ages to download the client..

desu

Teknoman said:
Heh, well thats 1 hr of test time down the drain.

Haha thought the same, 1,5 of 10 test hours over but I didnt even get to finish creatin my character yet. Giving up for now/today.

desa said:
I'd hold off making characters trying to log in. If you fail, you gotta start all over.

actually mine did save after timing out the first time. it even said "char had corrupted but loading him would correct it" and it did.

and for anyone on shadowlord that want to PT i just rerolled and doing the first missions over again Maxcer Gamma

Gromph

Staff Member
We are currently experiencing technical difficulties that may make it difficult to log in to FINAL FANTASY XIV. Investigation and recovery work is currently underway, but we ask for your patience as this matter is resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

[Date & Time]
Jul. 15, 2010 from 5:00 (PDT)

[Details]
Difficulty logging in to FINAL FANTASY XIV

[Affected Services]
FINAL FANTASY XIV

Jinko

archnemesis said:
I finally made it in, but I only had time to play for five minutes. ;_;

Is there a reason for why I can't accept any more guildleves? I've completed eight and the guy in the bar refuses to let me have the last two botanist quests.

8 is the maximum you can do a day, you have to wait 2 real life days to repeat them.

Time to get out there and hit some stuff :)

desu

maxcer0081 said:
actually mine did save after timing out the first time. it even said "char had corrupted but loading him would correct it" and it did.

Lucky then, I have created so many of them already, no luck...

Gromph

Staff Member
No, the files there are complete, close the updater copy files and launch :)

Zomba13

Got my boat shock avatar :D

I'm liking the combat so far. Much more active at a low level than XI. Not liking how laggy it is though (but it's understandable being a popular beta) Don't know why I have mouse cursor lag though. Could it be because I'm in windowed mode and my monitors refresh is 120 and the game is 30fps?

Gromph

Staff Member
Zomba13 said:
Got my boat shock avatar :D

I'm liking the combat so far. Much more active at a low level than XI. Not liking how laggy it is though (but it's understandable being a popular beta) Don't know why I have mouse cursor lag though. Could it be because I'm in windowed mode and my monitors refresh is 120 and the game is 30fps?

Mouse sucks, and beta is capped at 30fps

Teknoman

:lol The game seems to be running a little bit better now on Radeon cards, then again that could be just the fact that some glitch happened on Shadowlord where there are NO npcs or monsters outside of town.

No one wanted to log out and report it because they thought they would be stuck out.

Ugh, so I try to enter the game with my character with the "can't see, start game to fix" bug and it just hangs on the Now Loading black screen =( not sure if it is a queue or something and Im not seeing a box.

Teknoman

evilpigking said:
Ugh, so I try to enter the game with my character with the "can't see, start game to fix" bug and it just hangs on the Now Loading black screen =( not sure if it is a queue or something and Im not seeing a box.

Sometimes it can take awhile.

Btw add me to the Shadowlord list whenever, same character name.

Salaadin

Teknoman said:
:lol The game seems to be running a little bit better now on Radeon cards, then again that could be just the fact that some glitch happened on Shadowlord where there are NO npcs or monsters outside of town.

LOL.

Hopefully ATI cards are working better. I keep entering this thread for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom