• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munba

Yeah pretty big, found the sizes:

D2010.08.06.2000.patch 538MB
D2010.08.07.2000.patch 5.83MB
D2010.08.07.2001.patch 5.89MB

Corum

Munba said:
Yeah pretty big, found the sizes:

D2010.08.06.2000.patch 538MB
D2010.08.07.2000.patch 5.83MB
D2010.08.07.2001.patch 5.89MB

Thanks, it's pleasing to hear that the second and third files are significantly smaller than the first.

We just need the patch notes now.

Londa

Banned
Munba said:
Sooner than i expected. :0

YES!!!!!! One good news out of three bad and it's only 7am... Oh well atleast beta 3 is on its way :D

Gromph are you going to make it avalible for download at the normal link?

Anyone find the patch notes?

Munba

Players' Site Updates

Thank you for participation in the FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test. Your continued feedback provides us with an invaluable resource as we move forward with development.

After numerous requests, a feature for displaying character graphics will be implemented in Beta 3.
Pictures of everyone's lovingly crafted characters will be displayed in the Character Profile pages under Home.

In response to player feedback, we are also working on displaying more game-related data, and creating community pages for groups that promote player interaction.

We look forward to your continuing cooperation and support during Beta 3.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Players' Site Development Team

Nice additions! I already love that players site.. already 'met' some japanese guys in beta2 there :D

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Londa said:
YES!!!!!! One good news out of three bad and it's only 7am... Oh well atleast beta 3 is on its way :D

Gromph are you going to make it avalible for download at the normal link?

Anyone find the patch notes?

Yes i will upload when i have the torrents, and i arrive home :)

Only player's site update

Thank you for participation in the FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test. Your continued feedback provides us with an invaluable resource as we move forward with development.

After numerous requests, a feature for displaying character graphics will be implemented in Beta 3.
Pictures of everyone's lovingly crafted characters will be displayed in the Character Profile pages under Home.

In response to player feedback, we are also working on displaying more game-related data, and creating community pages for groups that promote player interaction.

I think they are doing the same as wow armory. :D

Londa

Banned
Players' Site Updates

i had a feeling they would do that because right now the Player's Site is just a direct copy of FFXI's which rarely got much use from me.

Gromph

Staff Member
More info

In anticipation of the upcoming FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test phase 3, a number of new sections have been added to the game manual.

- Linkshells
- Text Commands

Big text.

Text commands

Entering a text command starting with the “/” key allows players to change equipment, use abilities, and perform other various actions.
*During the Beta Test, the following text commands can be used.

/?
Displays the help message associated with that command. Works with abbreviated commands as well.

Format:
/? [text command]

Example:
/? action
Will display the help message for the /action command in the log window.

/chatmode
Sets the default chat mode.
When setting the chat mode to “Tell,” you will also need to designate the PC with whom to chat.
If you do not enter the chat mode to use, the currently set chat mode will be displayed.

Format:
/chatmode [chat mode]

Example:
/chatmode party
Will set the default chat mode to “Party.”

/action (/ac)
Performs a designated action on a designated character.
Cannot be used in areas where certain actions cannot be performed, or if you cannot remember the name of the action to perform.

Format:
/action [action name] [sub-command [target]

Sub-commands:
Main Hand (main) Performs an action equipped to the main hand.
Off Hand (sub) Performs an action equipped to the off hand.
Nothing Performs an action equipped to the main hand.

Example:
/action cure main me or /action cure me
Cures yourself with a Cure spell equipped to your main hand.

Note:
If you want to use an action equipped to your off hand, you will need to designate so with a sub-command.

Example:
/action shield bash sub [target]
If you want to use the action equipped to your off hand and you enter /action shield bash [target], the command will end in an error.

/equipaction (/eaction)
Equip an action to a slot.
If an action name is not entered, the action equipped to that slot will be unequipped. However, you cannot unequip class-specific actions.
You can designate any slot from 1 to 30.

Format:
/equipaction [slot number] [action name] [sub-command]

Sub-commands:
Main Hand (main) Performs an action equipped to the main hand.
Off Hand (sub) Performs an action equipped to the off hand.
Nothing Performs an action equipped to the main hand.

Example:
/equipaction 10 cure main or /equipaction 10 cure
Equips the Cure spell to the main hand and sets it to slot number 10.

Note:
If you want to equip an action to your off hand, you will need to designate so with a sub-command.

Example:
/equipaction 10 shield bash sub
If you need to equip the action to your off hand and you enter /equipaction 10 shield bash, the command will end in an error.

/equip
Equip an item to a gear slot. If an item name is not entered, the item equipped to that gear slot will be unequipped.

Format:
/equip [gear slot] [item name]

Gear Slots:
Main Hand (main)
Off Hand (sub)
Throwing weapon (throwing)
Pack (pack)
Pouch (pouch)
Head (head)
Body (body)
Body (clothing) (shirt)
Legs (legs)
Legs (clothing) (garment)
Hands (hands)
Feet (feet)
Waist (waist)
Neck (neck)
Right Ear (R.ear)
Left Ear (L.ear)
Right Wrist (R.wrist)
Left Wrist (L.wrist)
Right Index Finger (R.index)
Left Index Finger (L.index)
Right Ring Finger (R.ring)
Left Ring Finger (L.ring)

Example:
/equip main gladius
Equips a gladius to your main hand.

*During the Beta Test, performing the /equip and /equipaction commands multiple times in row may result in the actions’ performance being delayed.

Linkshells

Linkshells are community groups that can be created by any player using an item also known as a linkshell, which can be purchased from various NPCs. To join a linkshell, you must first be invited.
While your linkshell is equipped, you will be able to converse with other members of your linkshell over the “Linkshell” chat mode, regardless of where you are. When you have equipped a linkshell, that linkshell’s crest will be displayed beside your display name.

*A single character can join up to eight linkshells.
*A single linkshell can have a maximum of 128 members.
*A linkshell’s name can be up to 31 alphanumeric characters long.

Linkshell Administration
Linkshells are made up of masters, leaders, and members. Linkshell administration is only handled by masters and leaders.

Powers allotted to masters:
Disbanding the linkshell
Altering the linkshell’s crest
Inviting new members
Promoting members to leaders, demoting leaders to members
Exiling members and leaders from the linkshell

Powers allotted to leaders:
Inviting new members
Exiling members from the linkshell

Londa

Banned
Whoever buys the linkshell first I guess is going to be the LS master :lol
If the crest can be two colors that would be perfect for Gaf.

I wonder which one is the new gobbie bag? Pouch or Pack?? Why do we need two different Bags?

Is the GAF server still going to be Shadowlord? I'd like to bitch about the game and/or annoy Londa live and in person with you guys.

Jinko said:
Looking forward to the GAF linkshell.

Hopefully we can make some huge parties and go kill some big mobs.

Hopefully it won't be counterproductive to party this time :D

Jinko

May as well stick with shadowlord, I think Gromph said he would by happy to be LS leader, I think most of us will be ok with that :)

Londa

Banned
Mister Zimbu said:
Is the GAF server still going to be Shadowlord? I'd like to bitch about the game and/or annoy Londa live and in person with you guys.

Hopefully it won't be counterproductive to party this time :D

:lol :lol :lol

Jinko said:
May as well stick with shadowlord, I think Gromph said he would by happy to be LS leader, I think most of us will be ok with that :)

I feel the same :D

LaneDS

What changes are planned for Phase 3? I see the text commands and Linkshell stuff above, but what else can we expect?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Read about a few more people getting invites, so it seems they're actually going out. I hope the thing isn't email racist...and my Yahoo email can't receive it. Or can anyone relieve me of this worry? haha

gillty

Banned
Salaadin said:
Hmm, nothing about the mouse changes in the update notes.
These are not really update notes, I think the previous phase 3 change log that includes mouse control adjustments is what we can expect tomorrow. notice that in the past they would label unimplemented changes with [planned]

Zomba13

Wow, I didn't expect phase 3 so soon. When they said mid-August I expected around the 20th or something. Wonder if I'll get a beta key or if I'll have to keep using my friends account.

desu

Jinko said:
Hmm I'm getting a 20524 Error message when the installation reaches 100% , anyone else getting this ?

Strange, updated perfectly. Tried restarting your pc? That caused my last updater error...

LowParry

Some new graphic settings.

In the video settings with Buffer Size, there's now "three-quarters window sized" and "two-thirds window sized".

In the graphics tab, there's a check for "Disable cutscene effects" along with drop down options for Texture Quality and Texture Filtering.

Edit: Here's hoping they up that FPS cap from 30 to 60 this time.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Welp, I got the files download and ready to go for tomorrow after work.

After talking with several people in the beta (who also don't play WoW btw...), my expectations have been set to super-duper-duper low.

Salaadin

CcrooK said:

In the video settings with Buffer Size, there's now "three-quarters window sized" and "two-thirds window sized".

In the graphics tab, there's a check for "Disable cutscene effects" along with drop down options for Texture Quality and Texture Filtering.

Ohhh thats good. Any idea what the texture quality and filtering was defaulted to before we got the option to change? Were they maxed by default?

Jinko

desu said:
Strange, updated perfectly. Tried restarting your pc? That caused my last updater error...

Hmm I didn't think about trying that, I deleted the patch files and started again. is very slow this time though :S

Munba

CcrooK said:

What is the 'better' option for the buffer size?

LowParry

Salaadin said:
Ohhh thats good. Any idea what the texture quality and filtering was defaulted to before we got the option to change? Were they maxed by default?

For me, it defaulted right to the highest settings so I would assume that's what I had prior before getting these options.

Oh wow, this starts tomorrow? Tek!

Teknoman

CcrooK said:
For me, it defaulted right to the highest settings so I would assume that's what I had prior before getting these options.

Oh wow, this starts tomorrow? Tek!

Actually I was able to get my own code, so now its just you and Doc on the other account.

Salaadin

I thought for sure that phase 3 would start on Wednesday since thats when a lot of the contest winners will be announced. Im dieing to know If Im going to get my own account.

I hope SE picks some new testers of their own.

Teknoman

Salaadin said:

Thats what i'm wondering, since the game played great for me during the last half of phase 2.

Also are we sticking with Stars of Destiny as a Linkshell name, or did you guys want to go with something new?

Hopefully Linkshell crest is an actual icon instead of just a colored pearl:D

Munba

Jinko said:
Window is recommended, Double will give the best picture but will torture your graphics card.

Mmh i have these options now:

Resolution
Double
Half
Quarter
Three-Quarters Window Size
Two-Third Window Size

..i presume 'Resolution' is the Window one?

Salaadin

Munba said:
Mmh i have these options now:

Resolution
Double
Half
Quarter
Three-Quarters Window Size
Two-Third Window Size

..i presume 'Resolution' is the Window one?

Yeah. They changed "window" to "resolution" now.

Gromph

Staff Member
Teknoman said:
Thats what i'm wondering, since the game played great for me during the last half of phase 2.

Also are we sticking with Stars of Destiny as a Linkshell name, or did you guys want to go with something new?

Hopefully Linkshell crest is an actual icon instead of just a colored pearl:D

Will be Stars of Destiny ofc :)

Oh Gamepad config have ctrl/alt macro buttons mapped :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom