• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I'm thinking of jumping back into this game, now that I have a badass pc that can run this. I have a lvl 50ish THM but am a pretty casual player.

Is it still solo friendly? Can I get most of the story experience out it?
Yes and yes.

They've even made the raid story solo friendly by adding a story mode that has matchmaking.

Squishy3

Nope, that was 'us' who were warped out from Bahamut's assault.

The WoDs are
warriors from another of the 13 splinted dimensions of the multiverse, although theirs fell to the void
You've got that wrong, theirs fell to light. The world that fell to darkness is a different world.

Toth

You've got that wrong, theirs fell to light. The world that fell to darkness is a different world.

Well technically,
their world was flooded by light and became a void. Either way, its the classic FF 'balance is key' ideology.

Yam's

I'm thinking of jumping back into this game, now that I have a badass pc that can run this. I have a lvl 50ish THM but am a pretty casual player.

Is it still solo friendly? Can I get most of the story experience out it?

Prepare for some serious waiting time if you don't have friends to run you through old raids. Specially as a dps. You will be able to see everything solo but queues can be quite crazy for some content.

IvorB

apocatastasis is quite a powerful defensive buff for your teammate, but if you're only raiding casually or only during catch up patches then i guess i can see it being ignored since there's echo and bloated ilevels

Always? No but the majority of damage in raids is magic damage (part of the reason why PLDs suck and DRK is better) and so yeah, if it is magic damage then it's a flat 20% off.

Okay I feel like I’ve exposed my ignorance ha ha. I actually had the wrong idea in my head until I googled it last night. I thought it was related to elemental damage for some reason. Would have been useful during my Palace of the Dead runs when I was doing BLM healing on the side. I just remember looking at it in disgust when I first unlocked it and never thinking about it again.

So... yeah I guess we should keep that one.

I wonder what skills they could remove from WAR. I guess Fracture, is one of the few skills I barely use.

They could combine a few others I guess, depending of what stance you are.

Yam's

I wonder what skills they could remove from WAR. I guess Fracture, is one of the few skills I barely use.

They could combine a few others I guess, depending of what stance you are.

Yeah fracture doesn't feel good to use either. I just hope we get the closer gap skill the benchmark teased for war. And on a short cd so we can use it on all packs in dungeons.

kagamin

I'm gonna miss using Foresight (in addition to Fists of Earth) on MNK, esp. when I decided to tank ZurvEX demon's claw into wave cannon and saved the run since the tank didn't have the chance to living dead.

IvorB

What are the odds they will make bard awesome again? I recently took the job to 60 and I have to say, WM aside, it feels like someone forgot to put in the “thing”. BLM, DRG, SMN (my other 60’s) all have some kind of mechanical thing going on but bard is just so basic and vanilla.

Can anyone give me a link to the potion that can be bought to raise a job's level to 60? I couldn't find it. Where is it sold? Is it officially called "jump potion"?

it's only sold in china and korea as of now
for other regions i think it starts on SB

lol that explains it

So how will it work in regards to disciplines vs jobs? Let's say I want to play Stormblood as a Monk. I'm currently a Dragoon. Can I use the potion on the pugilist discipline, and the monk job will also raise to 60? Or do I need to unlock the job first?

Arkeband

Banned
Will they be showing any info on Samurai and Red Mage or just the old jobs?

We don't know any more than you do.

lol that explains it

So how will it work in regards to disciplines vs jobs? Let's say I want to play Stormblood as a Monk. I'm currently a Dragoon. Can I use the potion on the pugilist discipline, and the monk job will also raise to 60? Or do I need to unlock the job first?

There's a pretty long forum post by Yoshi-P that explains it in detail on the official forums, it's mostly to skip story content, I don't think the main purpose is to get different classes to 60, which is the least time consuming part of the game. It probably just advances what you're currently set as and autocompletes their job quests as well.

We don't know any more than you do.

There's a pretty long forum post by Yoshi-P that explains it in detail on the official forums, it's mostly to skip story content, I don't think the main purpose is to get different classes to 60, which is the least time consuming part of the game. It probably just advances what you're currently set as and autocompletes their job quests as well.

Are you sure about that? I remember reading that there would be two types of jump potions: one to skip the story content, and one to raise your level to 60 in a class. Or maybe this is just for the overseas market again?

Raising a class to 60 is still very time consuming. My free time is precious. I put hours into the Palace of the Dead, and I'm still just level 21 pugilist. If I'm willing to give them money to get a level 60 monk, they should let me. I have a full-time job and other games to play.

Moaradin

But you need to buy the game to get the key lol

I seem to remember being able to play during the early access period before I owned the actual game before. They just made you buy it as soon as the early access period was up. Did they change how it works? It was a few years ago.

this is the first I'm hearing about this, having just resubbed. I started a brand new character when I resubbed a few weeks ago, and now I'm thinking of putting that plan on ice and just grabbing Jump Potions for my main that I was ready to abandon... EDIT: if they get implemented in North America.

Trying to get caught up from lv50 has been kind of a pain in the ass for me. I'd personally have bought the story skip potion and gladly gone onto Heavensward content right when I resubbed. I'm on Moogle King now in ARR.

dramatis

I seem to remember being able to play during the early access period before I owned the actual game before. They just made you buy it as soon as the early access period was up. Did they change how it works? It was a few years ago.
That was ARR beta 4, which was basically early access up until launch.

HW required purchase for early access.

iammeiam

I mostly just want them to not fuck my job up. Maybe combine Rend & Dismantle; Detonate for Wildfire; add a self heal. Otherwise leave it alone, it plays fine and doesn't have major debilitating issues. Shift some potencies around if they have to, just leave my DDR opener alone.

Bard if they're determined to keep Minuet, make Heavy Shot always instant-cast because losing Feint is going to s u c k otherwise. Give Quick Nock a chance to proc Wide Volley, let Bloodletter store charges, and probably do some hefty rework on River of Blood in general unless there's a major stat crunch to prevent crit inflation.

Give WHM something mitigation-y, some kind of AOE group damage-boosting buff. Don't touch Assize.

And I still want RDM to be an MP and TP user, depending on which position you're in, with ranged MP spells recharging TP and close-up TP using attacks building MP. This won't happen, but I think it'd be neat.

in before context-free video of a bunch of animations with minimal explanation and Parry still sucking.

Moaradin

I'm not asking much for Monk. I just want a way to gain chakra stacks mid combat, and a way to do Tornado kick without losing GL3. Pretty reasonable. Anything else is gravy.

All I want is for accuracy to die a painful death

That and Yoshi P doing that Joker scene in Dark Knight where he breaks a pool cue and gives it to Minuet and River of Blood so they can fight to the death.

IMBored

I mostly just want them to not fuck my job up. Maybe combine Rend & Dismantle; Detonate for Wildfire; add a self heal. Otherwise leave it alone, it plays fine and doesn't have major debilitating issues. Shift some potencies around if they have to, just leave my DDR opener alone.

TBH, I hope they fuck MCH as much as they did BRD in 3.0. For BRD, I expect they remove all abilities and add Yoship Ballad, stand in position to buff allies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom