• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meeru

Banned
Ok, is the click n buy even necessary? You have to still buy crysta even after you confirmed your click n buy am i right?

Soroc

Just called my Gamestop and they told me I can come by tonight and pick up my Collectors Edition. :D

Hopefully they won't change their mind when I get there tonight!

DrDogg

Salaadin said:
I was able to register mine but I didnt register XIV first so Im a little worried now. I guess I find out what happens tomorrow.

As long as you log in to FFXIV using the same SE ID you used to register the code, it should be fine. I'm pretty sure the game simply checks your SE ID account to determine what items you should be starting with. If that wasn't the case you'd have to register something for FFXI after registering FFXIV and that would just be stupid.

Soroc said:
Just called my Gamestop and they told me I can come by tonight and pick up my Collectors Edition. :D

Hopefully they won't change their mind when I get there tonight!

Where do you live? US? What state?

I will have my copy tonight Game Stop!!! :lol

Salaadin

From the lodestone site:

Failed levequests may be reattempted immediately upon renewal of the guildleve list.

And then
Moving to a different area or logging out during a levequest will result in quest failure for that participant. All other party members can continue with the quest.
If their wording isnt off, does this now mean that disconnecting during a leve counts a failure but you can then retry immediately after renewing your guildleve list?

It also says this:
The list of guildleves made available by the Adventurers’ Guild will change once every day and a half (Earth time). Until that list is updated, players may not accept the same levequest twice, nor may they return an incomplete levequest having accepted it. Players may carry up to 8 guildleves (regional and local combined) at one time.
Failed levequests may be reattempted immediately upon renewal of the guildleve list.

Still 8 at a time but the refresh was dropped to a day and a half.

EDIT: Im also not seeing a <pos> command or something similar ><

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
regional and local combined? I thought in the beta it was:

8 battlecraft/fieldcraft/faction leves at once

and

8 local (crafting) leves at once

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Salaadin said:
From the lodestone site:

And then

If their wording isnt off, does this now mean that disconnecting during a leve counts a failure but you can then retry immediately after renewing your guildleve list?

It also says this:

Still 8 at a time but the refresh was dropped to a day and a half.

Renewing as in "go and ask for the guildleve again" or renewing as in "once the guildleve refresh time has passed"?

Jinko

I think you guys need to make sure its 999 crysta + 300, its very shady if they expect their customers to pay extra for this crysta BS, especially when you can just use a debit/credit card to pay the subscripton outright

Depending on your country of residence, Square Enix Crysta may not be available. If you live in such a location, please use "Credit Card/Debit Card via ClickandBuy account" to settle your service fees.

So I assume that you can choose to pay it this way if you don't want to buy crysta.

@notworksafe, they bring a cash shop into this game and im out .. stupid feckers.

DrDogg

Rentahamster said:
regional and local combined? I thought in the beta it was:

8 battlecraft/fieldcraft/faction leves at once

and

8 local (crafting) leves at once

I will be very displeased if regional and local are combined. I really liked the ability to have 8 crafting leves and 8 combat leves. Having to choose between the two will not be fun.

Soroc

DrDogg said:
Where do you live? US? What state?

I will have my copy tonight Game Stop!!! :lol

I'm in New Hampshire :D

Like I said before though, I'm not keeping my hopes up too high b/c I've had Gamestop change their mind when I've gone into the store on previous occasions about this :lol

notworksafe

Jinko said:
I think yo guys need to make sure its 999 crysta + 300, its very shady if they expect their customers to play extra for this crysta BS, especially when you can just use a debit/credit card to pay the subscripton outright
They say so on their own site. According to the lodestone you will need to pay a basic account fee (999 Crysta or $9.99) AND character fees (300 Crysta or $3.00 per character) to play the game.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/envi/envi04.html

Also by saying you can "carry" 8 quests, do they mean you can have 8 at a time in your quest log or you can only complete 8 during a cooldown period?

Jinko

notworksafe said:
They say so on their own site. According to the lodestone you will need to pay a basic account fee (999 Crysta or $9.99) AND character fees (300 Crysta or $3.00 per character) to play the game.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/envi/envi04.html

I realise that, but they also say (this is from the about payment methods on SE account page) "Depending on your country of residence, Square Enix Crysta may not be available. If you live in such a location, please use "Credit Card/Debit Card via ClickandBuy account" to settle your service fees."

So obviously ClickandBuy bypasses the need for crysta.

This is kind of funny in some ways they try to word things so everyone understand and it makes things 10 times worse.

notworksafe

Perhaps so, but I've never heard of ClickandBuy. Is it a quality service? Why not just use Paypal? You can use them to buy Crysta but not for a direct subscription.

Jinko

notworksafe said:
Perhaps so, but I've never heard of ClickandBuy. Is it a quality service? Why not just use Paypal? You can use them to buy Crysta but not for a direct subscription.

I agree with you totally.

I get the feeling this crysta is probably out sourced to save them the hassle, *Calls SE* "we don't directly deal with payments you have to ring this number".

FWIW this was in the email I got from clickandbuy

This is to confirm that you have authorised SQUARE ENIX to debit your ClickandBuy account automatically using our Easy Collect method when you make purchases through Square Enix Account Management System.

We will notify you by email each time you make an Easy Collect purchase.

So I assume I don't need to do anymore or buy any of this shitty Crysta, It's basically comes out each month unless I stop it.

notworksafe

Yeah, I figured it was a way for them to do a payment system without having to put customer service people on it. Even so...it's uncomfortable. And a google search of ClickandBuy reviews doesn't give me any more comfort.

Why not just use Paypal, Square? I already trust them with my credit card info and pay for many subscriptions through them!

kiryogi

Banned
Tried calling bestbuy to see if I can get my shipment changed to instore pickup, but it turns out it's already out for shipping. So sometime tomorrow I guess!

notworksafe said:
You can also use Crysta to buy in game items. I read something about them using a model where in game items would be added at some point, so that is probably the idea behind the 500 Crysta amount.

EDIT: Here it is...

http://www.develop-online.net/news/33514/Final-Fantasy-XIV-a-serious-WoW-rival-says-Wada

Another interesting quote from that article...

I had never seen that quote and the fact that he thinks he can topple WoW is very worry some. If gil is added to be bought, ugggggggggggggggggh.

careksims

Okay I thought this was all smooth, but geeze... unsure about the Click and Buy. Also reading about them is making me nervous. Why can't I directly use my debit to purchase crytas or just a simple subscription!?

At least I can turn it off anytime.

Jinko

notworksafe said:
Why not just use Paypal, Square? I already trust them with my credit card info and pay for many subscriptions through them!

ClickandBuy most likely take less Commission.

notworksafe

Jinko said:
ClickandBuy most likely take less Commission.
Yeah, that makes sense. Just frustrating. Oh well. It took even WoW a while to offer a Paypal subscription (almost 2 years), but at least they allowed direct debit/credit transactions.

Salaadin

demosthenes said:
Mine still says Shipping Soon on Amazon, doubt I'm getting it tomorrow :(

Do they have the estimated date listed for tomorrow? Amazon RDD hasnt failed me yet. Sometimes I get the shipped email at 6:00 at night and the game is still here the next day.

careksims

demosthenes said:
Mine still says Shipping Soon on Amazon, doubt I'm getting it tomorrow :(

It's the same here, but they have never failed me yet. Usually here, they ship later in the day. It'll be here tomorrow.

demonkaze

Installed the game but the updater is going so damn slow, has anyone uploaded the patch yet?

Also I won't be playing as soon as the server's go live, 1am is just too damn early, i'll be playing around 7-8am providing the servers don't die lol.

Zomba13

I've gone through click and buy. I'd rather have them take the right amount than faf about with crysta.
All ready now hopefully. I wonder if there will be more hairstyles for male lala and if there will be any that look better then the ponytail.

notworksafe

Eh, I don't know if that is piracy. It's impossible to do anything with it without paying SQE money for a CD key and then paying them monthly. Not like you could crack it or anything...

Still, it IS a bit odd. It'll make the wait time for installing and patching easier for those that use it, though.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Jinko said:
LMAO, isn't that like piracy :lol

I know its useless without a cd key but .. lol
Oh hahaha, I just noticed that they're gonna post not only the patch files, but the whole damn ISO as well.

Game's not gonna work without a subscription and CD-key anyway, so does it even matter?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Salaadin said:
For the iso?

If the iso is only 5 GBs and the beta at the end was close to 9, does that mean we will have a nice 3-4GB patch tomorrow?
The patch is like 430MB or so.

Also, I would assume that the ISO contains 5GB of compressed data.

jiggle

registered FFXIII code from a different SE account just fine
yay for SE's weird antiquated system
that's a big load off my shoulder
just have to wait 21 more hours for the game now :D

so for the free month
i can just queue up a bunch of 3.00 character additions
as long as i delete them before 30 days end, i won't get charge for them ya?

demonkaze

Thanks everyone, downloaded in about 4 minutes lol, everything is now installed. Bring on tomorrow, am getting tempted to get up for 1am now lol.

Teknoman

Well my game just shipped from Amazon, so tomorrow confirmed if UPS doesnt decide to NOT knock on my door like they usually do.

I'm thinking about just leaving a giant envelope on my door saying "Please drop package off here" or something to that effect.

Still scratching my head about this crysta stuff...not so much as how to use it, but why they dont have a normal pay mode.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'm just bummed I can't get the Hermes Shoes. If I could have reactivated my 7 year old FF11 Japanese account, I would have :lol

Kyoufu

Rentahamster said:
I'm just bummed I can't get the Hermes Shoes. If I could have reactivated my 7 year old FF11 Japanese account, I would have :lol

Yeah same here :(

Do we know how much speed the boots give?

jiggle

hopefully the shoes stacks with bot/min speed ability
and not limited usage

jiggle said:
so for the free month
i can just queue up a bunch of 3.00 character additions
as long as i delete them before 30 days end, i won't get charge for them ya?

anyone? :(
about to sign up for the payment thing

Teknoman

So really the best course of action is to just buy 1,500 crysta through paypal?

Also:

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/18897-komoto-regarding-the-future/

Big interview...so here are some interesting excerpts:

On general content:

GW: So guildleves aren’t the main content?

DK: There’s a lot of talk among the developers about what the main content is. My opinion is that if guildleves were a food, they would be bread or rice. They allow you to progress but don’t become dull or monotonous. You never grow tired of it. From that perspective, guildleves are the focus. But it doesn’t end there. New quests pop up and new items or skills become available, making progression fun. So I think of guildleves more like a staple food than a main course.

GW: Ultimately, what kind of play style will FFXIV have?

DK: We’re designing the main scenario to be mostly soloable. Thereare party battles, but the focus is solo play. The storyline is pretty hefty. Even the quests available in-game seemed pretty high-volume because of the custscenes, but it will increase even further. If you’re wondering what we have in store for crafters and gatherers, we’re still preparing it so please look forward to it.

GW: We only had a portion of the main storyline available. What’sthe big picture?

DK: The main scenario starts in various ways from each of the threecities. Think FFXI. Eventually the three paths will combine into one story. It stretches into the higher levels and makes use of instances. Beyond mere dialogue, there are plenty of cutscenes and characters with special abilities.

GW: Main quests are available every 10 ranks. Will this stay thesame?

DK: They will probably become a little more frequent than that. Playerswill also have class quests for each of the classes they level, so we want them to have a plethora of quests at their fingertips.

On "high end content":

GW: Will it be soloable?

DK: Some will, but a fair share will only be possible in a party. We want to give players some options based on their play styles.

GW: It seems like the difficulty of guildleves in Open Beta encouraged party play over soloing.

DK: The idea of being able to solo to cap still remains, as well as being able to solo quests. Soloing is the basic premise of the game. In Closed Beta, we were unable to achieve a balance that providing extra merit to forming a party. We’re working on adding an extra reward to party play while not discouraging soloing.

GW: So we should be doing quests alongside guildleves?

DK: Yes. Even among guildleves you’ll be able to see some amazing new things around level 40. Gameplay will be more difficult and innovative, so prepare yourselves. Faction leves have yet to be explored, and there is certainly some interesting stuff awaiting players there.

On new jobs:

GW: Are there still no pet jobs like FFXI’s Beastmaster and Summoner?
DK: Something is in the works, but it’s not ready yet. It’s still under review, but I think I will be able to reveal more after a little while. We’re still working on the fundamentals. This time we hope to add classes without the need for an expansion disc. We’re even considering the next version update, so I think I’ll be able to say more around then.

GW: FFXI usually added new jobs in expansions. Will FFXIV be doing that in version updates instead, then?
DK: We are considering it for this update.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom