• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jijidasu

Seems increasingly unlikely that the beta will commence this month. Foxclon/Morbol is going with Yoshida as usual on his round-the-world media tour, according to his twitter he'll be away for about 10 days.

I doubt that the development team will launch the beta while he's away, although that's what the Japanese letter has been interpreted as.

NinjaJesus

Seems increasingly unlikely that the beta will commence this month. Foxclon/Morbol is going with Yoshida as usual on his round-the-world media tour, according to his twitter he'll be away for about 10 days.

I doubt that the development team will launch the beta while he's away, although that's what the Japanese letter has been interpreted as.

I'll wait as long as needed.

Munba

The storm is arriving..

Naoki_Yoshida:

OK getting on board the plane now.
The new information coming out through this media tour will be released simultaneously world wide, it's not going to be little by little by in big chunk so please wait just a bit more.
The next letter should be up while I'm in the US.
Alright I'm heading out!

N.A

Banned

Next letter will be released next week while he's in the US. It will contain the beta release date. The next live letter will be on the 21st (the day after he gets back). It seems increasingly likely the beta will start around this time.

From their twitter.

BDBVw28CQAQP8a1.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/301835472894836736/photo/1

Allard

Heh, little baby Chocobo on that monitor, guess that might mean the vanity pets are going to be in beta phase 1 then? Also another tweet + pic confirms the media tour has started. Unless the whole group is under embargo I wonder if we might get our 'barrage' later today after its conclusion or even during it.

Also that picture with the Male Miqote shows they really changed the graphics from Alpha, shadows have a lot more contrast and colors pop out more, not to mention the Picture IQ seems to have gone up quite nicely and that is only from just seeing it from camera rather then a direct feed!

Munba

Also that picture with the Male Miqote shows they really changed the graphics from Alpha, shadows have a lot more contrast and colors pop out more, not to mention the Picture IQ seems to have gone up quite nicely and that is only from just seeing it from camera rather then a direct feed!

And, it's only me or there is a tree reflection on the water? Woot.

Another shot:

842990_415837205172000_1618198335_o.jpg

Cetra

Two things are gonna come out of Beta, either I fail at restraint and my grades pay for it, or my will is strong and they don't. Either way, FFXIV: ARR will be played. :lol

omlet

Two things are gonna come out of Beta, either I fail at restraint and my grades pay for it, or my will is strong and they don't. Either way, FFXIV: ARR will be played. :lol

I think I will be able to restrain myself for most of beta without too much trouble simply for the fact that progress won't be saved. Soon as it is, though (end of beta/launch), I'm afraid my sleep schedule may be doomed.

Talents

Banned
I think I will be able to restrain myself for most of beta without too much trouble simply for the fact that progress won't be saved. Soon as it is, though (end of beta/launch), I'm afraid my sleep schedule may be doomed.

Pretty much this for me as well. Welp there goes my social life for a month after beta starts.

Jinko

Yea not sure if I have the will power to grind through all those quests again only to lose the progress.

That being said I wana try out the new dungeon and FATE stuff so I guess I'll have to.

Kyudo

Neo Member
Reinheart posted this translation from yoshi not too long ago,

Finished the 2nd presentation. This is exhausting w
Got interview with 3 more companies and that's it for today.
Next letter is planned to be up at JST evening on the 15th.
Also the media tour this time is done in order from Tokyo > San Francisco > London. Once the information is spread to all regions (medias) it will be released simultaneously. So for now please watch closely to this thread or official blog.

Allard

So basically, no media onslaught till next week/this weekend, Producer letter should be out late tonight/past midnight (its already the 15th in Japan).

ebil

Didn't Kagari say her interview would come "some time after the 15th" or something along these lines?
It seems pretty likely we're going to get media releases by the beginning of next week, especially if they're traveling to London next.

EDIT: new blog update - Finally some Thanalan! http://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/209
LMZi8zQ.png

1IDRFU4.png

w52Thuj.png

EDIT 2: looks like second shot is Sil'dih (シラディハ) Ruins.

Jijidasu

Hm. Kagari - are you held back by some kind of release agreement with SE for the email you had with Yoshida and co a week or two ago? Just curious as to whether or not you're in the same batch of publicity coming out from global media in the next few days.

Jijidasu

Nice to have a date. A bit later than I expected mind you but I suppose next week will be choc-full of the media impressions, that video they were making and for the love of all things holy, that god-damn benchmark better surface.

Seems like they're about a week later than originally projected.. I guess the media tour and some other things held them up a bit.

Nice to have a date, though :)

Maybe Monday would be a nice day to release a benchmark.. if they're going to..

Xux

Oh hey, a female Hellsguard! Damn, kinda makes me wanna stick to playing a female character despite a couple reasons against it (like not being one).

Looks like invites are being sent out.

Heroes of Eorzea─your time has come! Phase 1 of the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test is scheduled to begin on February 25. Beta tester acceptance e-mails are already on their way, so keep an eye out for your summons.

Jinko

10 days, excitement is building, I've recently changed ISP's so none of that disconnecting BS I had in 1.0.

Haukke Manor looks a lot bigger than I thought it would be :D

Those female Roegadyn are clearly the most endowed.

I am so ready for this. It kind of sucks to be stuck in Gridania again but at least I get to try out some other classes, FATE, a new dungeon, and most importantly, the male Miqote. :3

Ala Alba

Since we're running out of posts in this thread, and the official 2.0 release (with corresponding OT) is a long way off, is someone going to make a Beta OT? Could be helpful.

ebil

No email yet.. but FF XIV Beta is listed on my service list.. guess I don't need the email :eek:
Is it XIV - ARR Beta or the regular 2010 Beta, though? Because only the latter is listed on my service list.

Also, definitely rolling a female Roegadyn for Beta while waiting for my Legacy character to be transferred to ARR.

dwix

Looking forward to the beta, though I doubt I'll get into Phase 1. I meet the requirements according to the Lodestone but don't see any indication of Legacy status on my account page... Oh well.

Cool to see that they have added public quests -- excited to see more!

Is it XIV - ARR Beta or the regular 2010 Beta, though? Because only the latter is listed on my service list.

Also, definitely rolling a female Roegadyn for Beta while waiting for my Legacy character to be transferred to ARR.

It doesn't specify ARR.. but I never got into the FF XIV 1.0 beta..

I'm legacy, so I know I'm getting in anyway but the wait for the email sucks :(

Ainaurdur

I have a feeling that my male Lalafell from 1.0 might be getting a race/sex change come launch of ARR.

Will have to play with race options during the first couple phases of beta.

And I have heard that the media from the tour this week will not be released until just before the LIVE Letter on the 22nd. Could be wrong though, I personally was hoping to see new images this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom