• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
That's just one instance and it was already on Soken's watch.
Thunderer might be boring but the rest of the soundtrack stands miles above 1.0
Like, for example, Ifrit's theme? Pretty much every other Primal blows that out of water effortlessly.

Sophia

Just more evidence how much better Before Meteor was when it comes to soundtracks. Twintania music doesn't even come close.

Yeah some of the new songs in A Realm Reborn are a bit of a let down. I'm missing the old battle themes, as well as the old Limsa theme.

On the flipside, all the new primal themes are pretty awesome, so there's that.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Tiduz has shown me the wonders of glamouring gear. Everyone should be armed with a giant fork, or possibly a pimp outfit.

Chocolat made me show everyone my party hat, though. I felt so violated . T_T

update to drg:

c60snxQ.jpg

there is no one as fabulous as my miner.

thLTmcS.jpg

and best sch

Q47UJZh.jpg

Your SCH looks like he just got off work at a host club.

PfCPSqD.jpg

That feel when you have about 1000 seals left to get the trousers to complete the set and not only will you be the only person that notices, you'll also be the only person who cares. Glamour is suffering.

Tiduz

Eurogaime

http://i.imgur.com/PfCPSqD.jpg

That feel when you have about 1000 seals left to get the trousers to complete the set and not only will you be the only person that notices, you'll also be the only person who cares. Glamour is suffering.[/QUOTE]

are you calling me a hooker ,also looks nice

PfCPSqD.jpg

That feel when you have about 1000 seals left to get the trousers to complete the set and not only will you be the only person that notices, you'll also be the only person who cares. Glamour is suffering.

Where is this gear from ?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Anyone not being able to connect to the game?

Yesterday I got disconnected and had to go to work anyway, so I didn't look into it. Since then I've been getting Error 5006 every single time I try to log into my data center.

Kenai

There was a conversation in FC chat earlier today about manually controlling your fairy and using macros on obey. I was a bit skeptical but thought I'd give it a try anyway. I found some macros and what-not online and redid my hot bars with them but to be honest I felt a lot weaker and a LOT less in control. Can anyone point me to some guides or tips on what I should be doing? I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt, the way people talk about it makes it sound like the be all and end all of scholar healing.

I noticed this wasn't answered so let me articulate better on yesterday.

I use a whopping 2 pet-based macros: Rouse + Whispering Dawn and (rarely) Physick + Embrace. Anything beyond that I find unnecessary clutter.

Besides that, I keep Eos almost always on Obey (so her defensive CDs are used when they are actually needed) and keep Selene almost always on Sic (because she is pretty good about rotating buffs on CD, better than i would be I think).

The main reason you will want to be controlling the fairy is for positioning to avoid mob damage. Most aoes deal negligible damage, but any dot like poison and any cleave are extremely dangerous and can quickly kill the fairy. Moreover, if you don't Place the fairy they are worse about healing due to prioritizing following you around and not being in range as much. If given the option between two equally injured people (%-wise), fairies prioritize the person closest to them first (so you usually want them somewhere near the tank as much as possible, thus using Place).

It's definitely work, and you won't really have to worry about it for 4 man content in most circumstances, but it's not that hard with practice. You will want to be capable of doing this for 8 mans, knowing where to place (usually after observing the fight + trial and error) and when to have her follow.

For 4 mans? I usually toss a Adloquium on the tank, Place Eos + Whispering Dawn, then pop Cleric Stance and DoT away while making sure to Lustrate the tank as needed (and drop out of Cleric Stance if he/she's getting beat up). I won't always be able to do DPS like that because those 4 mans are still progression for a fair amount of DF people, but it is really nice that you have the option if healing is light enough.

But yea, I will reiterate what I said in-game: if you don't want to control the fairy at all I recommend playing WHM instead. You'll be much less effective in raids (aka where it really matters) if you don't.

Valor

Pot calling the kettle black I see. :eek:

Or maybe speaking sage-like advice from life experiences. Whichever you prefer. Definitely don't regret dropping the Adders and their questionable vanity garments (Kawazi's hippie/tree attire excluded).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Or maybe speaking sage-like advice from life experiences. Whichever you prefer. Definitely don't regret dropping the Adders and their questionable vanity garments (Kawazi's hippie/tree attire excluded).

Is that what you said after we facerolled you last night? ;)

RalchAC

Quick question. Me and two friends are thinking about getting FFXIV:ARR for PS3. We've seen it for 8€ on Amazon.es but it's an import from the UK. Will it work on our Spanish PSN accounts?

Thanks in advance! :)

Sophia

Quick question. Me and two friends are thinking about getting FFXIV:ARR for PS3. We've seen it for 8€ on Amazon.es but it's an import from the UK. Will it work on our Spanish PSN accounts?

Thanks in advance! :)

Region and Code have to match. Do your Spanish PSN accounts usually count as US or UK?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
A piece of advice to healers (and casters?), some will probably know this, but still.
To more effectively deal with bullshit position update on Titan, Leviathan and such, when you think you've moved out of aoe, immediately start casting. You don't even have to finish the cast, just start spamming it. This will most likely force update your position to the server. This saved me quite a number of times.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
And if you're not with Maelstrom, then you should rethink your life choices.
I'm Twin Adder. I regret nothing. I'm not joining Sea America, thanks.

Teknoman

That's just one instance and it was already on Soken's watch.
Thunderer might be boring but the rest of the soundtrack stands miles above 1.0
Like, for example, Ifrit's theme? Pretty much every other Primal blows that out of water effortlessly.

Thats true. The Ultima battle kinda gets stuck in your head too. They really REALLY need to find a place to insert Coerthas 1.0 theme though.

http://youtu.be/Ni6XobxNr_I

For lack of better terms, the theme just makes you...think.

Sophia

Both are Europe accounts
accounts. For normal games it's not an issue but I think I can't use Psn cards there. That's why I ask.

If both are European accounts, then you likely need European copies of the game. The PSN account, Square-Enix account, and game code all have to match regions basically.

Thats true. The Ultima battle kinda gets stuck in your head too. They really REALLY need to find a place to insert Coerthas 1.0 theme though.

http://youtu.be/Ni6XobxNr_I

For lack of better terms, the theme just makes you...think.

I wish they hadn't butchered Phantoms on the Lake. It was the original Mor Dhona battle theme.

They brought it back for Lost City/Braflox HM/Halatali HM as the boss battle theme.... except a significant chunk of the song is missing! :mad:

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I wish they hadn't butchered Phantoms on the Lake. It was the original Mor Dhona battle theme.

They brought it back for Lost City/Braflox HM/Halatali HM as the boss battle theme.... except a significant chunk of the song is missing! :mad:

Yeah, I don't understand this. They cut out the best part! WTF Soken.

Baleoce

Signed up to Syrcus Tower. Wolves Den 30 / 40 cap, and Frontlines. "Join party in progress" is also checked, for Frontlines. 45 minute queue and counting. I don't get it sometimes.

Hmm, usually it's Maelstrom with the long queues.

On a different note, we will be speaking with Yoshida at Gamescom next week. Looking for any questions you guys would like to see answered.

what's wrong with frontlines queues. When is balance coming

Baleoce

60 minutes now. It feels like sometimes the queue just gets bugged. For the amount of things I'm signed up for, it seems somewhat improbable that I'd have to wait 60 minutes. I've also never once seen a frontlines instance adapt to the amount of players available, like they advertised. I'm guessing this is a future feature perhaps.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
60 minutes now. It feels like sometimes the queue just gets bugged. For the amount of things I'm signed up for, it seems somewhat improbable that I'd have to wait 60 minutes. I've also never once seen a frontlines instance adapt to the amount of players available, like they advertised. I'm guessing this is a future feature perhaps.

Maybe try re-queuing?

Eldren

On a different note, we will be speaking with Yoshida at Gamescom next week. Looking for any questions you guys would like to see answered.

How likely do you think it is that he'll be willing to talk about the mystery gun-wielding class? Probably not very, right?

Baleoce

Maybe try re-queuing?

Yeah I'll give it a go. I also tried just now changing my auto-afk setting. By default it's set to 10. When I sign up for something, typically I'll tab out to desktop and browse the web or find something to do until I hear the sound indicating I have a party.

I bumped it up to 60 minutes, incase for whatever reason, auto afk might be putting me on a lower priority list for instances. Just a theory, but can't hurt to try.

I was digging through my screenshots folder (finally) to post some of our static's turn clear shots (finally), and I came across a lot of cool stuff I forgot. So many glitches caught, too. Cool seeing how things changed since last August. I dug this one up from late last year when I was being told how to do a proper WP SR.

Looking at this early Odin shot, I see a lot of similarities between this and S rank hunts today...

Isaccard

How likely do you think it is that he'll be willing to talk about the mystery gun-wielding class? Probably not very, right?

I'd wait till after the fan festival before asking about that stuff.

Feel free to hammer him about the dungeon loot right now if nothing else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom